Meet The Writers
The Furls 15
The Furls 15
In this weeks "Furls 15" we see no movement in Furls top seven teams in the nation. Furls ranks his top college football teams with explanations, and also begins to start to make sense of how the BCS bowl games may shake out. As always, check back in on Saturday morning for Furls best damn Buckeye football game preview in the land.
1. Ohio State (No Movement): I wish I could somehow generate a yawning inflection into the Buckeye’s #1 ranking. They have been here all year, and will likely be there until at least August.
2. Michigan (No Movement): Michigan looked very ordinary in a workman-like performance over Northwestern. If they play like that on November 18th a lot of fans are going to be angry after paying $800.00+ for nosebleed seats.
3. Texas (No Movement): I still don’t know what to make of that horrible first half the ‘Horns had against Texas Tech. It appeared as if the defense was not ready to play pass defense. Hmmm… Texas Tech threw the ball, who would’ve thunk it? If the ‘Horns play like that again, win or lose, they will plummet in my poll. One bad game is an anomaly. Two bad games could be a rough stretch or slump. Three bad games is a trend.
4. California (No Movement): Cal finally gets tested to some extent this week, with a big game against an underrated UCLA team. I expect this game to be a tough one, but ultimately Nate Longshore and company should prevail.
5. Auburn (No Movement): Well, the tigers really put themselves behind the eight ball with that loss to Arkansas. They now need some very serious help to get to the SEC title game. Help that I am not sure is going to come. Now if they were to replay that game ten times, I think Auburn would win it seven times. Now Auburn is positioned perfectly to be the bridesmaid in the SEC west.
6. Florida (No Movement): Speaking of the SEC championship game… Florida has all but clinched its spot, all they have to do is just win baby. Last weeks tough win against Georgia marked the last significant road block to the SEC championship game for the Gators. Now the next question, will the SEC strength of schedule be enough to elevate the Gators over a Big East pretender?
7. Tennessee (No Movement): The Vols still have a pretty damn tough road to the SEC championship game, not to mention the fact that their only loss is to the Florida Gators whom now have the inside track from the East. With some luck the Vols could stumble into the SEC title game, but they would still need some help even if they are able to win a couple of tough games against LSU and Arkansas
8. Boston College (Up 1): BC pounded Buffalo last week, but who hasn’t their only win was against Temple (no I am not making that up) in a squeaker, 9-3. The Eagles face what will finally be their final hurdle to BCS candyland, Wake Forest this week. It is hard to gauge Wake and BC this year because both teams lack a quality win outside of what is proving to be a horribly weak conference.
9. Wisconsin (Up 4): Well, the Badgers came out flat and won a squeaker against a bad Illinois team, but because of the inability of teams ahead of them to play good football they still get to move up. P.J. Hill is gonna be something. At least the Buckeyes should only have to face him twice before he goes pro.
10. Arkansas (Up 5): A pounding of Louisiana Monroe proves nothing, but each week that Mitch Mustain plays, the Hogs improve. This team is going to be a really disruptive force for the media pundits in the national scene trying to solve the BCS equation. The game on the 11th against Tennessee will tell us a lot about the Hogs chances at getting to the SEC title game.
11. USC (Down 1): I don’t think that USC is as bad as that loss to Oregon State would lead you to believe. They are definetly not great, but they are pretty good. I think they still may lose another game or two, but they should still be able to polish off Notre Dame
12. Notre Dame (Down 1): Somehow Fat Bastards boys keep winning. Maybe it is because they are playing the service academies. Let’s face it, a four year commitment complete with round trip tickets to Iraq is probably going to hurt recruiting.
13. LSU (Back in the numbers): Well LSU is back after a short hiatus from the Furls Fifteen. Maybe the pressure got to them. The Tigers are a hard team to figure. They smash horrible teams like a good team should, but then they barely show up to play good teams. I really don’t know what to do with them, but due to a lack of interest in winning from the other top 25 schools, I had to put someone here.
14. Clemson (Down 6): Terry Bowden’s boys laid an absolute egg against Va Tech. They looked miserable. I am going to treat that game as the exception not the norm.
15. Rutgers (Down 1): Yep, still undefeated, and still untested. It will be interesting to see how this Big East drama all unfolds. Somehow all the decent teams in the Big East have avoided playing each other, or any other good teams, until tonight’s over-hyped West Vagina vs. Louisville game. It will be interesting to see how decisively the winner is stomped by Ohio State in Glendale. Regardless, I still think that Rutgers stands alone at the top of that trash heap of a hell-hole piece of crap conference, but I doubt they have enough juice to jump all the one loss teams.
Nov 02, 2006 8:00 PM
Browns Sign Brandon Jackson
Carrasco Suspended Eight Games
Browns Add to Wide Receiver Depth with David Nelson
Browns Need to Learn from Past Draft Mistakes
Browns Release Chris Gocong and Usama Young
Browns Missing on Grimes Disappointing, But Not The End
Browns Reportedly Work Out Arkansas State Safety Don Jones
Browns Collect Another Back-up Cornerback
The Long and Short of the Browns Latest Signings
Phil Dawson Era Comes to an End in Cleveland
Buckeyes Go South for Spring Game
The Weekend Wrap
The Weekend Wrap
Buckeye Leaves - Five Spring Questions
The TCF Forums
5-25-13 ~ Tribe@Boston, SCUBA Edition
(Saturday, May 25 2013 8:19 PM)
The Cavs pick(s) in the first round
(Saturday, May 25 2013 8:14 PM)
(Saturday, May 25 2013 7:26 PM)
Eerily Quiet in Here Given...
(Saturday, May 25 2013 7:24 PM)
Ray Small Says He's Sorry
(Saturday, May 25 2013 4:54 PM)
(Saturday, May 25 2013 4:08 PM)
05/24/2013 - Indians in Boston - can Masterson be masterful
(Saturday, May 25 2013 2:29 PM)
2013 MLB Pick 30 - PHASE I
(Saturday, May 25 2013 10:40 AM)
(Saturday, May 25 2013 10:22 AM)
What kind of beer you been drinkin' lately?
(Saturday, May 25 2013 8:42 AM)
The Daily Dish
Indians Prospect Insider
Wait 'Til Next Year (Benz)
Lets Go Tribe
64 and Counting
The Wine & Gold Rush
Mistake By The Lake
Cavs Random Thoughts
Forest City Fanatics
Waves of Arms
The Tribe Daily
Cleveland Film News
Deep in the Q
Copyright 2010 TheClevelandFan, LLC
Scroll To Top