Meet The Writers
Recap: Ultimate Fight Night
Recap: Ultimate Fight Night
Last night at the Palms in Las Vegas, UFC fans were treated to a battle of young superstars. The main event featured two guys from season two of the Ultimate Fighter show, and it ended up being a mismatch. The Spoon Man tells you what happened, whats next, and runs down the full card results in this recap piece.
Last night at the Palms in Las Vegas, we got to see a battle of young superstars. The main event featured two guys from season two of the Ultimate Fighter show. It was supposed to be a matchup of soon to be title contenders in the Lightweight Division.
There was one title contender in the match and that was the winner of the fight Joe Stevenson. He ended the bout with Melvin Guillard in just 27 seconds via a tapout due to a choke. It was picture perfect.
10 seconds into the fight Stevenson landed a decent punch that knocked Guillard off balance and Joe jumped on him. He went in for the kill and Melvin did a good job of scrambling to get up. Melvin then jumped onto Joe and Stevenson grabbed ahold of his head and put him to sleep.
Good night to Melvin and also his title hopes. He talked a ton of junk coming into the fight and had zero chance to back it up. He simply made a mistake and Joe “Daddy” took advantage of it.
Joe is very fun to watch and deserves a title shot very soon.
Also on the card and looking to get back into title contention was another Ultimate Fighter alum Kenny Florian. He was dominant in a 3rd round submission win over Dokonjonosuke Mishima. He landed beautiful leg kicks and worked a very nice ground and pound and then finally ended it with a choke in the 3rd.
A possible matchup in the future could put Stevenson in against Florian. I would sure like to see that.
1. LW: Thiago Tavares, 154 lbs def. Naoyuki Kotani, 155 lbs via unanimous decision after 3 rounds.
2. WW: Roan Carneiro, 170.5 lbs vs. Rich Clementi, 170.5 lbs via unanimous decision after 3 rounds.
3. WW: Kuniyoshi Hironaka, 170 lbs def.Forrest Petz, 170 lbs via unanimous decision after 3 rounds.
4. LW: Kurt Pellegrino, 155 lbs def. Nate Mohr, 155 lbs via submission (ankle lock) at 2:58 of round 1.
5. WW: Drew Fickett, 170.5 lbs def. Keita Nakamura, 170 lbs via unanimious decision after 3 rounds.
6. LH: Wilson Gouveia, 205 lbs def. Seth Petruzelli, 204 lbs via submission (guillotine choke) at 0:39 of round 2.
7. LW: Kenny Florian, 156 lbs def. Dokonjonosuke Mishima, 156 lbs via submission (rear naked choke) at 3:57 of round 3.
8. HW: Justin McCully, 245 lbs def. Antoni Hardonk, 242 lbs via unanimious decision after 3 rounds.
9. LW: Joe Stevenson, 153 lbs vs. Melvin Guillard, 156 lbs via submission (guillotine choke) at 0:27 of round 1.
Overall, another solid night of fights on a free Spike TV card. This just gets the weekend started and we have UFC 69 on Saturday.
I’ll be there.
Apr 05, 2007 7:00 PM
Tweets by @TheClevelandFan
NBA Announces 2013-2014 Schedule
Browns Ink Sharknado
Sharknado A No-Show For Rookie Camp
Trent Richardson Out Until Training Camp
Browns Sign Brandon Jackson
Carrasco Suspended Eight Games
Browns Add to Wide Receiver Depth with David Nelson
Browns Need to Learn from Past Draft Mistakes
Browns Release Chris Gocong and Usama Young
Browns Missing on Grimes Disappointing, But Not The End
The TCF Forums
DPLT Database error
The Daily Dish
Indians Prospect Insider
Wait 'Til Next Year (Benz)
Lets Go Tribe
64 and Counting
The Wine & Gold Rush
Mistake By The Lake
Cavs Random Thoughts
Forest City Fanatics
Waves of Arms
The Tribe Daily
Cleveland Film News
Deep in the Q
Copyright 2010 TheClevelandFan, LLC
Scroll To Top