Around the Farm thakes a quick look at some of yesterday's performances by Indians prospects throughout the system. The positions listed below are where the player was playing in yesterday's game:
Cord Phelps, 2B-COL: 2-5, 2 HR (2), 4 RBI, 2 R. Playing 2B with Kipnis at DH, Phelps continued his scorching start to the season with a pair of bombs and four driven in for the Clippers in a 7-4 victory. Phelps actually had his average drop to .471 after the game, and he’s walked 4 times against just two strikeouts for the 4-0 Clippers. With Phelps raking, Donald getting healthy and Orlando Cabrera and Jack Haranahan starting the season hot, the upper levels of the system are getting awfully crowded when it comes to infielders.
Austin Adams, SP-AKR: W (1), 6 IP, 2 H, 6 K, BB. Great start for the converted SS. He has plus velocity, which is a good thing because 5’11” righthanders don’t typically get long looks as pitchers. Adams is a converted SS, and is an athletic guy on the mound. He had an outstanding season last year for Kinston, and is a guy to keep an eye on in 2011.
· Zach Putnam, RP-COL: S (1), 2 IP, ER, 2 H, K. Putnam gave up a solo HR, but still managed to nail down the 2 inning save.
· Bubba Bell, OF-COL: 4-4, 2 2B, 2 RBI, R. Big day for Bell in his Columbus debut.
· Lonnie Chisenhall, 3B-COL: 0-4. Chiz is now hitting .211 on the season. He’ll be fine, but this just goes to show how meaningless spring training numbers really are
· Jason Kipnis, DH-COL: 0-3, 2 BB, R. Kipnis is hitting just .214, but does have a .368 OBP in his four games for the Clippers.
· Nick Hagadone, RP-AKR: 2 IP, H, K. Solid outing for Hagadone who now has 4 scoreless innings with 3 K and, most importantly, no walks. Also only allowed one hit so far.
· Cory Burns, RP-AKR: S (2), IP, 3 K. Burns with a clutch performance, striking out the side to preserve a 1-0 win for Adams. He has struck out the side in both of his saves, and allowed just one baserunner. I looked it up; averaging 27 K/9 would be a record if he can keep it up.
· Chun Chen, C-AKR: 2-3, R. Chen was the only Aero with more than one hit, and he scored the game’s only run. Hitting .308 in the early going.
· Clayton Cook, SP-KIN: L (1), 5 1/3 IP, 2 ER, 6 H, 6 K, BB. Good start for Cook, but not much run support and he was saddled with the loss.
· Abner Abreu, CF-KIN: 3-4, 2 2B, SB, R. Abreu hitting .364 on the young season, and playing CF which is a little unexpected.
· Bo Greenwell, LF-KIN: 2-4, CS. Greenwell has hit in all three games, with 2 stolen bases as well.
· Gio Urshela, 3B, LCC: 2-5, 2B. The defensive whiz is batting .433 in 4 games for Lake County.
· Jason Smit, RF-LCC: 3-5, 2B, RBI, K. The Aussie is having a great start to 2011, with four straight multi-hit games to open up the season. He’s hitting .588/.611/.824.
· Jesus Aguilar, 1B-LCC: 2-5, 2 RBI, SB. Big, Bad, Jesus Aguilar showing he can run a little, swiping a bag in addition to driving in a pair of runs.
· Alex Lavisky, C-LCC: 0-4, 2 K. Lavisky is struggling in the early going, hitting just .133 so far on the young season.
If you want to simply sit back and relax while playing online casino games, then the online casino Canada sites have the games that you want. You can enjoy slots, scratch cards games, keno and other games that all allow you to enjoy without worrying about strategy.