Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Dexter: Season 2....finally

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Dexter: Season 2....finally

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:07 am

Season Two premiere is on Sept 30th.

Can't wait.

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do? ... shocom_nav
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby swerb » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:20 am

Im 5 episodes into the 1st season on DVR.

Great show. Getting progressively better by the episode.

Also, Californication on Showtime is absolutely excellent.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:34 am

Swerb wrote:Im 5 episodes into the 1st season on DVR.

Didn't you already see Season 1?

If not, then man are you in for a treat. I can't wait to hear your reaction around episode 8-9.
consigliere

Unread postby swerb » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:08 am

Consigliere wrote:
Swerb wrote:Im 5 episodes into the 1st season on DVR.

Didn't you already see Season 1?

If not, then man are you in for a treat. I can't wait to hear your reaction around episode 8-9.

Thats what everyone keeps telling me. Hope to get through episodes 6 and 7 this weekend.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:45 pm

That is one series where I will probably often click OFF from Sunday night football for an hour to watch this show.

I'm really looking forward to seeing where they take Dexter and a few other characters (don't want to ruin if for Rich), after the wild twists at the end of the first season.

Unread postby Guest » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:44 am

I have some of the previews and it looks AWESOME!
I won't miss an episode.

Unread postby swerb » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:21 am

What a freaking show!

Im through 8 of 12 episodes. It was just revealed that the doctor Dexter's sis is dating is the Ice Truck Killer.

I can't quite remember ever seeing a show where it gets this much progressively better by the episode. First 2-3 were slow, now, it's edge of your seat drama that is as good as anything I've seen on the tube in a while.

Very, very well done show. Great acting, led by the dude from Six Feet under, who is superb. I like how they reveal a little more of Dexter's childhood by the episode in dream sequences.

Big ups to everyone who reccomended the show in this forum. Gotta get the last 4 in before the MLB playoffs start ...

NO SPOILERS!

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:18 am

Swerb wrote:What a freaking show!

NO SPOILERS!

Wouldn't dream of it.

Just hold onto your ass.

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:16 pm

Yeah, everyone I have told to watch this show love it. When you explain it, that a serial killer is actually a good guy, many scoff at it....but I say just watch two eposides and you'll see how damn good it is.

I can't wait to see where they take this thing. I may have to go back to the old thread and see what questions were left unanswered as I can't remember at the moment.
consigliere

Unread postby swerb » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:03 pm

Just finished watching season one (good timing).

Wow .. what a series. What a final 4 episodes.

Fired up for season two.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:20 pm

Great start to the new year.

Dexter's lost his mojo? I don't see that lasting long, as he was about to make the kill on the Hispanic Sasquatch.

Dokes all over him...Rita now suspicious and dealing with her loser ex-husband dying in prison...his sister Deb having all kinds of emotional issues to deal with.

Oh, yeah...and they found all those body parts at the bottom of the ocean and starting next week Keith Caradine shows up as the hot-shot FBI investigator.

This is gonna be good.

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:07 am

Yeah, great start to the new season.

I was thinking to myself "what story line are the going to use to try and match season one" .. the brilliant waltz with the Ice Truck Killa.

The bodies at the bottom of the ocean. Perfect. With suspicision all around him.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:53 am

Another great episode.
The previews for the season make it look even better than last year's.

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:26 pm

Can't wait to watch this. I have episodes 1 and 2 ready to go. Hope to watch this tonight or tomorrow. Was last night a 2-hour season premiere? Because I was able to download both episode one and two of the new season.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:47 pm

Consigliere wrote:Can't wait to watch this. I have episodes 1 and 2 ready to go. Hope to watch this tonight or tomorrow. Was last night a 2-hour season premiere? Because I was able to download both episode one and two of the new season.

No, just one hour ...

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:37 pm

Great season so far. This show is awesome.

Does Dexter cave and confess his secrets to Lila? I think he comes close, but doesn't.

You just know Dexter's gonna come very close to getting pinched (with his sister at the forefront of the investigation), but wriggle out of it somehow. This show is too good to end at two seasons.

Just love the plot line though. Love the Dokes character, and whats his name is great as Dexter. Big fan of his blonde girlfriend as well.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby VultureHxC » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:00 pm

i love this show also as this and heroes are the two shows i follow religiously (with house gaining ground in third). it's one of the few shows that can take something so demented in serial murders and make it a dark comedy.

This show is too good to end at two seasons.

where did you hear or read that? i didn't know that this would be the last one, especially since i heard there are more plot lines in the books that they can go off of
VultureHxC

Unread postby swerb » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:02 pm

I didn't hear that at all Vulture. Just saying, the show is so good, theres no chance Dexter gets busted as the Bay Harbor Butcher ... as it would essentially end the show.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby VultureHxC » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:21 pm

oh thank god. i don't know who's read the books (i haven't yet, still trying to finish up the harry potter series) but showtime has a DexterWiki and one area is differences between book and series and there seem like a couple plot lines that won't be done this season but could be done in future seasons.
VultureHxC

Unread postby Guest » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:08 pm

I love the twists this show takes, and how it doesn't delve too long on any one thing.

The Doakes storyline is great, but you couldn't have him trailing Dexter all year, so it was an unexpected twist to have Doakes back off once he saw Dexter at an addicts meeting.

That was a big shock on Lt. Laguerta being the skank her supervisor's fiance was boinking. No wonder she didn't rat her out earlier, despite her desire to be back in charge...she knew what she was doing would eventually drive the fragile Pascal over the edge (and did she melt down big-time or what?)

Finally, Lila is one screwed up, extremely hot chick who will have a major role to play all year. She is the total opposite of Rita, and it'll be intersting to see Dexter juggle two women that he likes to bang...after last year spending half the season talking about how he didn't really even like the thought of sex.

Both Rita and Lila are hot enough to get a hard on from Richard Simmons.

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:23 pm

Man, I gotta start watching this. I have it saved, but because of the Indians playoffs I have like 100 hours of freaking shows to catch up on. Insane.
consigliere

Unread postby VultureHxC » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:04 pm

i like how lila is almost a complete antithesis of rita. dark hair vs. blonde hair. single vs. divorced with kids. is an "addict" (of what we don't know yet) and lives a very crazy life vs. stay at home, straight as an arrow life (outside the ex-husband crap). really interested to see how this story line plays out
VultureHxC

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:08 pm

VultureHxC wrote:i like how lila is almost a complete antithesis of rita. dark hair vs. blonde hair. single vs. divorced with kids. is an "addict" (of what we don't know yet) and lives a very crazy life vs. stay at home, straight as an arrow life (outside the ex-husband crap). really interested to see how this story line plays out

Yeah, me too, and both are smokin hot.

Also will be very interesting next week to see the fall out from Dexter getting caught wiping down his boat with a black light by the new surveillance cam. Also, something (romantically?) is going to end up happening between his sis and head FBI guy.

Really a great, great show. As good as anything thats been on TV. Big ups to Mitch and The Fight Dr for bringing it to my attention in this forum. I've gotten at least 4-5 other people hooked myself.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:01 pm

Phenominal season already.
Masuka is another great character that we don't see enough, he's funny as hell.

Unread postby VultureHxC » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:11 am

just now watched the episode from sunday. just some points for discussion: (WARNING!!!!! SPOILERS FOR THOSE YOU HAVEN'T SEEN UP THROUGH "THE DARK DEFENDER" EPISODE)

1. how is dexter and lila's relationship going to change now that dexter knows that she's killed someone and how is this going to effect dexter's relationship with rita? what about that lila stopped dexter (although unknowingly) from killing his mother's killer? how is that going to effect things?

2. how is rita's mother staying going to effect dexter and rita's relationship?

3. will dexter wiping down his boat come back to haunt him? (saw a preview last night and he sees the surveillance tapes so we'll find out)

4. the relationship of doakes and laguerta, the relationship of debra and gabriel, the relationship of debra and the FBI guy

this show is realling moving and heroes has finally started to get going. the beginning of my week is great (plus adding house on tuesdays)
VultureHxC

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:41 am

Another great episode. Dexter erases the video tape evidence (predictable) but takes a step closer to the dark side by telling Rita he zocked Lila.

And get this ... Lila ... is Bill Murray's daughter. Yeah, this Bill Murray.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby VultureHxC » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:23 pm

And get this ... Lila ... is Bill Murray's daughter. Yeah, this Bill Murray

actually, wrong bill murray. here's her imdb.com profile

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1444665/

and it links to her dad's which is this imdb.com profile

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0614854/
VultureHxC

Unread postby Guest » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:14 am

Another great episode...just what I needed after watching the Buckeyes and Browns.

Dexter may be getting a bit too bold. That manifesto has backfired, as Lundy has figured out that the guy has a law enforcement background. David Carradine is great in that role, and it's interesting how they've got Deb hooking up with him now. 180 degree difference from last year with the Ice Truck Killer.

Lila is Trouble. I should have seen that one coming. Does Dexter end up killing her? After all, she did admit to setting a fire that killed her former boyfriend...but she said he was abusive. I just think Lila will die by the end, either by Dexter's hands or her own.

I think they might be setting Doakes up as the Bay Harbor Butcher. Great scenes last night when Dexter set up Doakes, and then goaded him into melting down in front of everyone, earning a suspension.

But now that Lundy's sure it's a cop or ex-cop as the BHB, they've got to wrap that storyline up this season...and it just might be that they working it so that Doakes ends up getting the blame.

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:44 pm

What an episode. What a series. The ultimate complement to a show for me is when I go back the next day to watch it again ... just to soak it all in and pick up some new nuggets.

Which I did this morning (love bank holidays).

Mitch, I think, as usual, you are spot on in all your assumptions in your post.

What a show!

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:31 pm

Teaser on the guide for tonights episode ...

"Lila attaches herself to Dexter, making him uncomfortable. Debra and Lundy find an important clue about the Bay Harbor Butcher."

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:49 pm

This is just speculation but I think Lila is a killer herself. And you know SGT Doakes is going to find some way to fuck Dexter.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby swerb » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:13 pm

I think Lila is definitely a killer with some serious skeletons in her closet.

And I think Mitch is dead on ... they're going to start focusing on Doakes as the Bay Harbor Butcher.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:19 pm

They did say that a lot of cops keep their boats where Dexter does and it will probably pop up that Doakes has a boat there.
When Dexter told Doakes he owns him and then head butted him, it was classic.

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:58 pm

Holy shit what an epiosde Lila sets up Dexter to get slashed, Doakes finds Dexter's blood slides, and they find the car that Dexter used to transport his victim plus he let Rita borrow that car for a while. Another thing that also is up in the air remember that Dart gun he signed out to tranq that giant Mexican well he dropped it that episode if its found it can be traced back to him. The season is excellent I was sad when Deadwood, The Sopranos, and Rome ended but this show is stellar..
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby swerb » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:01 pm

This is the best show I've ever watched on TV in my life.

Every episode is gut wrenching, edge of your seat stuff.

Dex has all kinds of shit to deal with. Doakes has his blood samples from all his victims. His sis is banging the guy hunting him down. His girlfriend is a psychopath. The killer has now been narrowed down to being someone at Miami Metro.

Yet, with a show this good, you know it can't end after two seasons.

Only one possible outcome for this season. Dexter outsmarts Doakes and figures out a way to pin the Bay Harbor murders on him. Especially now that he has the blood samples. You know that vindictive prick isn't going to go to Lundy with them either. Hes gonna try and sort that shit out on his own. And will get burned doing so.

Is there any other possible outcome?

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:04 pm

Yet, with a show this good, you know it can't end after two seasons

They are supposed to start filiming the 3rd season in the 1st part of 08 (Feb/March) but with the writers strike thats now up in the air it could be a year from now before season 3 :-( :sad: :(
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Guest » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:30 am

Dexter is easily the best show on TV.
What an episode last night, wow.
Doakes being setting up as the Butcher makes sense, he even mentioned his father was a butcher which I thought was kinda funny.
That seems too predictable however for this show.

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:04 am

FightDr wrote:Dexter is easily the best show on TV.
What an episode last night, wow.
Doakes being setting up as the Butcher makes sense, he even mentioned his father was a butcher which I thought was kinda funny.
That seems too predictable however for this show.

I agree. They're very good with keeping you off balance.

Knowing there's a third season, knowing Dexter's not going to take the fall as The Butcher ... I just can't see any other way this ends.

Mitch?

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:01 pm

I think its going to end on a cliff hanger. The Doakes theory is the most solid especialy with that father was a butcher reference and if he took those blood slides they could never be used as eveidence seeing how he broke into Dex's house. I think we have 5 more episodes cant wait till next sunday. The thing that bothers me is Lundy I feel like he has Dexter's scent with that botched blood report.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:08 pm

The Doakes theory is the most solid especialy with that father was a butcher reference

Any time you see a reference like that ... thats so obvious, it's almost always to throw viewers off the trail. Chase was famous with doing that on The Sopranos.

After a day to think about this, pinning the Butcher murders on Doakes seems much too obvious for this brilliant of a show.

Leaving it as a cliff hanger is a possibility. But Im still thinking its something we're all missing.

Mitch is money in the bank predicting these things. Eager to hear his updated thoughts.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:55 pm

I don't know...it's narrowed down to where it's got to be Doakes or Dexter.

My #1 guess is that Doakes ends up getting caught with the blood slides at HIS place. He'll say he broke into Dexter's place and got them there, but he's already shown himself to be too obsessed with Dexter, and with the physical evidence in hand, he's screwed.

I can't see that Dexter truly checked out that car in his own name...would it surprise anyone that he's a top flight forgerer as well?

Doakes truly is going mad, and I think that the twist might be that he gets sent to a mental institute as 100% bonkers, and gets out at some point next year for the Year 3 drama.

Now there is another possibility in this. The blame goes to Laguerta. She's the other person involved in all the cases, so that could be the twist.

But I honestly think that it's going to go the way of Doakes. That wouldn't be that different from last year, when almost all of us knew that Deb's boyfriend was the Ice Truck Killer...we just didn't see the brother twist until the end.

I think this goes the same way...we know Lundy has to leave with the case solved (assuming no cliff hanger, which I don't think will happen), and it points to a logical way. But I can guaran-damn-tee you that there will be a "where the fuck did THAT come from!?!" twist.

Want a wild-assed speculation from me? Lila kills Doakes as he's about to expose Dexter. Since Dexter knows Doakes is innocent, and knows that Lila knows that, he kills her, maintaining the Code of Harry, and getting rid of all his problems.

That would shoot my 3rd season speculation in the ass, but there it is.

Unread postby Guest » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:10 pm

Just saw the preview...and you can tell it's a red herring when they drag Dexter into Lundy's office where he sees the missing slide box, and Lundy says "we want answers".

Doakes took the box to Masuka...who isn't good enough to handle it himself, so he freaks and gives it to Lundy.

Doakes doesn't know that Lundy suspects someone in the department, so he wouldn't have thought that HE might be under suspicion.

There are four episodes to go, with the following titles:

9. Resistance Is Futile
10. There is Something About Harry.
11. Left Turn Ahead.
12. The British Invasion.

If it follows last year...Left Turn Ahead is where the shocking twist will happen.

For the last episode, it obviously has to do with Lila...either her demise, or a relative coming over to avenger her? My guess is the former.

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:34 pm

Mitch, did you see the preview online or on TV?

The previews here (http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/episodes.do) are a little different than the ones you described.

One of the two has Angel talking with the group about Lundy narrowing the killer down to one of them. The other is of Doakes, visiting an "old friend" about analyzing the slides.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:24 pm

Off the Dexter page, there is a blurb right above the menu at the bottom that says "Watch Preview" (it shows up after a few drops of blood hits it). It has Dexter finding that his slides are missing, along with Lila acting creepy again, showing up in front of all of Dexter's friends...giving subtle hints about "telling secrets".

And in watching it again, it's the captain that says "we need answers. Now".

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:34 pm

Thanks ... not sure how I missed that.

Definite red herring. Clearly he weasels out of this somehow. Four episodes left. Again, to me, it all points back to Doakes taking the fall, but it just seems like I'm missing something.

Maybe Laguerta is the curveball, as you theorized.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:26 am

I think Lila is going to go after Rita and maybe even Dexter's sister given how they hate each other forcing Dexter's hand (or saw). I dont think Lundy's suspicion is going to go away given how he has Dex on the shoty bloodwork he still hasnt explained that to Lundy's satisfaction. God is this a great show or what?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Guest » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:56 pm

Holy shit.
That might have been the best episode I have ever seen.
It just keeps getting better.

Unread postby Guest » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:58 pm

We all knew it would end up pointing at Doaks...but doing so with three episodes left, and then having Doaks catch Dexter, but be overpowered by him?

Didn't see that coming...although once Lundy put the detail on Doaks, I knew there would eventually be a confrontation.

From the scenes, Dex is saying that he's going to kill Doaks...but I'm not sure he'll go through with it. But unless they are ending the series this year, which they aren't, I can't see how Doaks can now live.

This is going to be just like last year...when we found out about Rudy, but couldn't see the last several twists.

I'm almost regretting that I'll not be able to see next week's episode until Monday, when I'm back from Phoenix.

Unread postby Joens » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:01 pm

does anybody have a link to there home sight for me?
Cremincus- Something completely and utterly unbelievable. Published in the B-list 2006
Joens
BQ has no MySpace

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:05 pm

Wow! What an episode this show is friggin great. So many plot twists so well written. Its so great at misdirecting you. Cant wait to see the end of the season. This episode was for me like the "Pine Barrens" episode of The Sopranos, the pinnacle of what a single episode can deliver.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Next

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture