Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Jericho

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Jericho

Unread postby Guest » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:26 am

Started back up tonight.

More to say later, but I love the way they've taken this.

4 weeks after the end of last season...the "government" in Cheyenne is in place..but the people in COLUMBUS!!!! think they are full of shit.

Esai Morales kicks ass as the Major in charge of keeping order.

Great twists everywhere.

I know there are only 7 or 8 episodes due to the strike, but they are looking damn good.

With no 24 until 2009, this along with Sarah Conner Chronicles and Lost are all I have for now (TV-wise)

Re: Jericho

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:28 am

Mitch wrote:With no 24 until 2009, this along with Sarah Conner Chronicles and Lost are all I have for now (TV-wise)

You only have yourself to blame for skipping The Wire.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Guest » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:31 am

e0y2e3 wrote:You only have yourself to blame for skipping The Wire.

The beauties of Netflix, as I'm now discovering with Season One of Battlestar Galactica.

It's on my list.

Unread postby StewieG » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:37 am

I was very happy to see this show return, and I wasn't disappointed. Very nice show. Hawkins is a good character, and easily (IMO) the best on this show. While everyone else is worried about the problems in Jericho, Hawkins is worried about things on a national level. That story part of the story is the most interesting to me. I'm very interested to see how they take it from here on in.

Very nice to see the show return.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Joens » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:24 am

its on at 10 now :evil: . dvr!
Cremincus- Something completely and utterly unbelievable. Published in the B-list 2006
Joens
BQ has no MySpace

Unread postby StewieG » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:32 am

Another pretty solid episode tonight. I thought the guy the government brought in was going to be Jonas. Completely forgot about Ravenwood. Good stuff.
StewieG

Unread postby Guest » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:06 am

StewieG wrote:Another pretty solid episode tonight. I thought the guy the government brought in was going to be Jonas. Completely forgot about Ravenwood. Good stuff.

I was thinking about that as soon as that bald-headed scumbag mentioned (independent contractor) to the Major.

And once I saw Ravenwood on the Hummer, I knew it was going to be D.B. Sweeney.

Should be a good little showdown next week.

Unread postby Joens » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:05 pm

i like this people were saying it got terrible reviews its gon well so far.
Cremincus- Something completely and utterly unbelievable. Published in the B-list 2006
Joens
BQ has no MySpace

Unread postby StewieG » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:23 pm

This show keeps getting better.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

The whole Goetz storyline was fantastic. It was definitely surprising when Bonnie was killed. Did NOT see that one coming at all, especially since they were talking about her going to Cheyenne and California.

Now Beck's pissed because Goetz is dead. The last 2 episodes look very promising. The New American Revolution is about to start. I have a feeling Beck will be on Columbus' side before all is said and done. Can't wait.
StewieG

Unread postby StewieG » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:48 pm

Well it looks like next week will be the swan song for this show. Disappointing, but it was a very entertaining show nonetheless.

I went back and re-watched the first 3 episodes, plus the last two from the first season. I had forgotten how good those first 3 episodes were. The scene where Hawkins is putting the pushpins into the destroyed cities - you see him put the pins in Denver, Atlanta, San Diego and Chicago - and the camera then focuses in on the drawer of pushpins, and you just hear him digging through several more (not knowing where they're going). That scene is probably the best one in the series. The other really good scene was at the end of "Coalition of the Willing", when Jake and Hawkins are handing out the guns to everyone in the town, and Stanley and the remaining rangers spy on New Bern from the field.

I really hope they give it an ending and not another cliffhanger. I don't know if I can do that again. I think they're setting it up for a cliffhanger though. Maybe a smaller network like SciFi or CW will pick it up, but if that's the case the budget won't be near what it is now, and it'll be tough to do it justice.

So here's hoping they send it out right.
StewieG

Unread postby Naxos » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:15 pm

So what you think?

I think that was the last episode we'll ever see of Jericho.

It ends on a high note and I can kind of live with that.

Sure seemed like that last episode was chopped up quite a bit though. It could have easily been stretched out to 2 hours.

Maybe they will do a movie to give it some more closure.
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby StewieG » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:04 pm

I agree. While I'd love to see what happens with the Civil War, the only way that happens is if a major network picks it up. SciFi, TNT, CW, all those networks that might consider picking it up just don't have the budget this show needs to make it work.

I think a movie is the best we're going to get, and that's not likely at this point.

As it is, we have our imaginations to work out how the second Civil War took place.

While we're at it, anyone have any idea how the cliffhanger ending was supposed to go? My guess is it had something to do with the ASA stealing or destroying the bomb before Texas could inspect it, giving doubt to which side Texas would choose. But that's just a guess on my part.
StewieG

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:45 am

For anyone curious, here's what the cliffhanger ending would have been:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJYatBiDYLI[/youtube]
StewieG

Unread postby mistero » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:40 pm

OK, always wanted to watch this show. I'm a sucker for post-nuclear war society flicks.

I finally watched the episodes back to back on you.tube.

I thought it could of been so much better. 90% of the action is soap opera boyfriend/girlfriend crap. Why do they have to clog up a good story with that stuff?

Secondly I think the plot has some major holes. The US gets hit with 23 suitcase bombs...that would be terrible but not crippling. They keep mentioning that New York was untouched. There would be enough resources in New York to rush aid all over the country and mobilize security troops to keep order.

Why would aid come from China and not Canada, or England?? Why are there private security forces?

Why is there any confusion as to who is in charge in the government? The chain of command is laid out in clear fashion.

Tens of thousands of US troops are stationed around the world. They could of been brought back quickly to restore order.

I liked the concept, and the characters for the most past, but I wanted more.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby StewieG » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:18 pm

As for the chain of command, I think most of the house and senate, and pretty much every high-ranking official save for maybe one or two, were in that meeting many people were watching on TV in the first episode. After that, there were two governments. One in Columbus, OH (the remnants of the original government) and one much larger and more powerful government in Cheyenne, WY. The second government was behind the bombings, and attempted to usurp power. The point of the second season was to try to expose the treachery of the Cheyenne government, and to get Texas to side with the Columbus government. It didn't work so well, story-wise, because they had to cram everything into 7 episodes.

But beyond that, yeah I'll agree that it could have been so much better.

Aside from the first 3 or 4 episodes (which I thought were great) and the last 2 or 3 (ditto) I thought the series was average. But, I was hooked, and I can't wait for this movie to come out.
StewieG

Unread postby Naxos » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:10 pm

Movie?
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby StewieG » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:52 pm

Naxos wrote:Movie?

Yep. They're doing a movie to tie up loose ends, similar to what Firefly did when they made Serenity. I first heard about it in Mitch's column awhile back.
StewieG

Unread postby mistero » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:38 pm

Can I add just one more thought? It's a bit political commentary so beware.

Isn't so Hollywood Left to have the country attacked not by the likely perps...N Korea, Iran, Russia, China.....no we are attacked by the government itself, the CIA, religios nuts, righties....some Dick Chenney like fella.

Can't have the government respond appropriately... There would of been plenty of politicians from the chain of command not in DC at the time of the attack that would of survived. There would be an organized federal response. No way we get the 3 separate countries...but I still liked it so ...whatever.

There are some really great characters ..and I can see how the plot could be great.

Has anyone done a Who's the hottest chick in Jericho poll yet??
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture