Text Size

The Fantasy Forum

Fantansy Keeper Leauge - CSBA - 2008

Talk fantasy football, baseball, basketball in here ... as well as any other fantasy sports contests or strategies.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, ramllov, Eckersley

Fantansy Keeper Leauge - CSBA - 2008

Unread postby ramllov » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:18 pm

This is another year and another test to see if we learned anything.

I saw a recent posts, regarding three leagues from one of our members. I just did not want to muddy up his efforts for feedback.

This is another year when I get to contribute to my continuing fantasy baseball education.

I remember my initial year and the mistakes I made. We can be kind and call them beginner's mistakes.

Now going into maybe the fifth year of our league, I am probably still going to be a contributing member instead of a collecting member, but, I admit, it is a great diversion while I wait for Browns football.

I have come to the conclusion it is a problem of 12 keepers. As illustrated by another member it is easy to figure out the top 10 players you want to keep. The problem is the next five through eight have qualities that you like, but you can only fit them in the final two positions.

I am not complaining about the 12 keepers and not more. The best teams need to put back their next best 11 players into the general pool to redistribute the talent.

The chances of the 11 players dropped by the four money winners being drafted in the first four rounds are pretty strong and the chance that any of the four money winners getting more than one or two of their original 11 players or of the other 33 players is limited.

I have to admit, I am probably going to have to do a few worksheets to determine my 11th and 12th player.

Everytime I believe I have the right two selected I either think a little more about another player or look at the results from the prior years.

It is an interesting situation that needs a conclusion on February 29th, if my memory serves me right.
I enjoy this stuff.
ramllov

Return to The Fantasy Forum