Text Size

High School Sports

Brecksville Tournament

Talk Ohio high school sports in here, with an emphasis on the Northeast Ohio schools.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yargs7

Brecksville Tournament

Unread postby docstank » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:06 pm

For those of you who enjoy high school sports, try this tournament. Do some research on the participants and go and watch some of the best wrestling of the year. A tournament which puts state champs against each other. With over 50 state placers from last year participating, this sure to be some of the best wrestling to be seen up to the state tournament this year. The major difference between this and state, you can see the state champ from division one vs. the state champ from division two, something you just can see at the state tourney. This is a true test in high school wrestling, sure not to disappoint. If only St. Edward's was not at Medina this week could this field get any tougher. Even still it is an unbelievable test to make it through.
docstank

Unread postby yargs7 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:59 pm

Doc,

Is there a link to keep up with the tourney results?
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby docstank » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:59 pm

No for some reason there is not for this tournament, Medina results are covered and updated after every session on Baumspage.com, by far the number one website for ohio high school wrestling. I am not sure why the Brecksville tourney is not covered on there, must be some stupid conflict of interest.
docstank

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:44 pm

No for some reason there is not for this tournament, Medina results are covered and updated after every session on Baumspage.com, by far the number one website for ohio high school wrestling. I am not sure why the Brecksville tourney is not covered on there, must be some stupid conflict of interest.

Honestly, probably b/c St. Ed's wasn't there.

When it comes to wrestling where St. Ed's goes so does the attention, cannot say it isn't warranted to a degree.

Cannot blame St. Ed's for sticking with the Medina routine, it is what helped put St. Ed's on the map continually with their historical dominance of it.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Return to High School Sports