Text Size

The Rumble Room

NAAFS MMA Action this Saturday in Euclid

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

NAAFS MMA Action this Saturday in Euclid

Unread postby Guest » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:56 pm

When: Saturday, January 19th, 2008
Where: Euclid Sports Plant
20001 Euclid Ave - Euclid, OH
Doors Open: 5 PM
First Bell: 6: 30 PM
Tickets: $30 to $60 by calling 330-280-8442 or www.NAAFS.tv

The 2008 NAAFS Season will kick off on Saturday, January 19th, 2008 at the Euclid Sports Plant in Euclid, OH for what is shaping up to be an explosive night of MMA action. In a Light Heavyweight showdown, Jason “Freebird” Freeman (7-2) makes his return to NAAFS competition to face the challenge of rising star John “The Bullet” Fields (4-2). These are two of the most explosive fighters in NAAFS history, each displaying an unparalleled level of knockout power. However, both athletes have become more the just knockout artists; they have developed into all around mixed martial artists and each will look to establish himself as the man to beat in the 2008 NAAFS Pro Series.

New York's Danny "Lil Thunder" Balon (11-3) will clash with Michigan's "Small" Paul Martin (13-3) in a 145 lbs professional match-up. Both fighters compiled impressive records in the amateur circuit while each earned a national ranking in 2007. Now two of the nations most accomplished amateur featherweights will make the jump to the pros in what may be a fight of the night candidate come January 19th.

Also scheduled for January 19th's opener is the return of 2006 national amateur champion Mike Nesto (7-4) as he takes on 2008 pre-season favorite Eric Noel (5-1) at 145 lbs and the pro debut of 2006 national finalist AJ Pulling (5-3).

Tickets for NAAFS Northcoast Showdown II are now on sale and moving quickly for this event. Prices range from $30 to $55 per seat and can be purchased by logging on to www.NAAFS.tv or by calling 330-280-8442.

http://www.naafs.tv/news/ncs2.htm

Unread postby Guest » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:57 pm

I'll be there, who else is going to be there?

Unread postby mswerb » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:16 pm

Anyone who has any interest in MMA action should check this out. I had the honor of attending the last couple of NAAFS events with my bro, the Fight Dr. The fights are very good and the talent level only gets better as the night goes on. And for the price, you cannot lose. I will be in attendance for this one as well. Hope to see some of you there.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby furls » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:21 pm

What happened to the days when I could just go to Euclid and see plenty of fights in the streets for free? Tell me that the old stomp has not gone and gotten all tame!
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Guest » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:17 pm

If you play your cards right I'm guessing there will be some for free somewhere in that area.
In any area really, who are we kidding.

Return to The Rumble Room