Text Size

The Rumble Room

Miranda on Friday Night Fights

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Miranda on Friday Night Fights

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:23 am

Anyone else see this last night? Fought David Banks from The Contender, knocked him out through the ropes and out of the ring with a vicious straight right hand. One of the better knockouts I've seen in my life.

Then, he and Jean Pascal almost got into it after the fight as Pascal was ringside after winning the opening fight of the night. Pascal is undefeated and another of the contenders at 168. He and Miranda are supposed to fight in June.

Also, Allan Green was in studio with Brian Kenny (love that guy). Great guy, good personality. He was the FNF feature fight the week before winning impressively.

Good to see a little life at 168 behind Calzaghe and Kessler. Division stands to get even more interesting if Pavlik moves up after fighting Taylor and defending the 160 belt in the summer.

Ring ratings at 168 ...

JOE CALZAGHE 44-0 (32)
MIKKEL KESSLER 39-1 (29)
ANTHONY MUNDINE 30-3 (23)
LUCIAN BUTE 21-0 (17)
JEFF LACY 23-1 (17)
LIBRADO ANDRADE 26-1 (20)
CARL FROCH 22-0 (18)
ALLAN GREEN 26-1 (18)
SAKIO BIKA 25-3-2 (15)
DENIS INKIN 32-0 (24)
JEAN PASCAL 20-0 (14)
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:06 pm

I watched it.
Great knockout, too bad Banks is a chump.
Pascal did nothing to impress me and I loved Allan Green calling him a joke.
Miranda is overrated also, likes to run his mouth and we saw what Pavlik did to him.
Green looks to be the best out of that bunch even though he has a loss from Miranda.
Green did not look that impressive the prior week, he wanted to get the full work in he said. He easily could have knocked that stiff he fought out.
Miranda will destroy Pascal and then get knocked out by Green.
You heard it here first.

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:37 pm

Miranda has scary power, he just seems too raw to me. The type of guy that will always look impressive dispatching of stiffs, but then struggle when he gets in the ring with a complete fighter that can hit hard back.

Pascal looked so/so. It he fought a technically sound fight, it wouldn't surprise me to see him outpoint Miranda, but I agree with you, Miranda would likely knock him out.

Wish I would have seen the first Green/Miranda fight. Saw the highlights of it on FNF and it looked like an awesome fight. I thought Green looked solid, definitely not spectacular last week ... and his comments last night about wanting to get an entire fight in were likely true.

I'd love to see Green win a big fight here with someone and get a shot at Kessler. Became more of a fan of his last night after seeing him in studio with Kenny.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:14 pm

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:40 pm

Banks was limp for a good 10 seconds.
I loved it, anyone that saw him on The Contender knew he was a bitch.

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:42 pm

Any fighter that looks that much like Rick Fox, you just know hes gonna get his ass beat

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby bustedknuckles » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:39 pm

This fight was a complete mismatch from go, but Miranda really didn't look all that impressive outside of the KO, which was brutal. If he had to fight someone from the Contender, I would have liked to see him against someone that returns fire like Sakio Bika.

Pascal seemed kinda sketchy to me...he'll have a tough time with the big punchers...and that'll be a tough division for him to emerge from.

Swerb-I bet Doug Christie has a different point of view on the Rick Fox comment.
bustedknuckles

Unread postby BernieBrown » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:37 pm

I've never been that impressed with Greene but I've also only ever seen two of his fights one being the maranda fight. After reading you comments thoughI may have to go back and take a better look at him.
BernieBrown

Return to The Rumble Room