Text Size

The Rumble Room

Finally got a chance to see Juan Diaz fight ...

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Finally got a chance to see Juan Diaz fight ...

Unread postby swerb » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:26 am

All week, Showtime has been showing all their best fights of the last couple years on one of the spinoff Showtime networks. Got a chance to see several fights I hadn't seen.

~When Baldomir shocked Judah in a supposed Zab tune up for Floyd. Baldomir instead went on to face, and get taken apart at the seams, by Floyd.

~Sergei Liahokvich beating Lamon Brewster here in Cleveland, in what was an awesome fight between two real big dudes that landed a lot of hard punches to the head.

~Liahokvich losing the heavyweight belt he won off Brewster to Shannon Briggs.

And then last night, they played a Juan Diaz win from about a year ago over Fernando Angulo.

I had never seen Diaz fight. Lightweight king at 133. Was really impressed by him. The 'Baby Bull' moniker fits, cause the kid is like Joe Frazier. He just puts that head down and bullies into you. Throwing just ferocious body shots. Hits hard. I'd love to see him go up a class and fight Hatton. That would be an awesome fight.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:06 am

Wow
You've really been missing out, he's a stud.
His fights are always on, surprised you been missing him.
I make it a point to watch him as I think he is one of the most exciting fighters today.
I'd love to see him in with either Manny or Marquez.
It will probably happen.

Unread postby bustedknuckles » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:06 am

The Liakhovich-Brewster fight is one of my all time favorites scraps (and tops among HW fights). I've never seen a fight where that many bombs landed that didn't end up in KO or TKO...and Brewster fighting with a detached retina for almost all of the fight (no wonder he was getting hit so much)...amazing fight!

I remember talking to my brother about going to see the fight live since it was in Cleveland (I think at the Wolstein Center) and we decided not to go because we thought it was going to be a blowout by Brewster or a typical HW wrestling match yawner.

In contrast the Liakhovich follow up fight vs Shannon Briggs ended up being the borefest we anticipated vs Brewster. Outside of the last 1/2 of the 12th round, that fight was probably the worst HW title fight ever.
bustedknuckles

Unread postby swerb » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:31 pm

The Liakhovich-Brewster fight is one of my all time favorites scraps (and tops among HW fights). I've never seen a fight where that many bombs landed that didn't end up in KO or TKO...and Brewster fighting with a detached retina for almost all of the fight (no wonder he was getting hit so much)...amazing fight!

Agreed. I saw it was on. Knew it was in Cleveland. I knew I missed it the first time around. Kinda was reluctantly clicking back and forth the first couple rounds. Was riveted by the 4th.

Just bomb after bomb after bomb. I can't believe both guys made it all 12.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to The Rumble Room