Text Size

The Rumble Room

Mayweather - Hatton

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Unread postby swerb » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:48 pm

I think Hatton is overrated and I'm sticking by it. I haven't seen him fight a lot but when I have, I'm not impressed. Sure he has a great record and KO percentage but has he really beat anyone really good while they were in their prime oe even close to it for that matter?

He can't hang with the top tier at welterweight. I still challenge someone to name someone better than him at 140 though.

Before this fight he beat Kosta Tszyu, Collazo, Urango, and Castillo all at that weight. Not world beaters, but not total meatballs either.

I'm anxious to see his next couple fights. How he rebounds from this loss will define his career. At least to American fight fans.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby BernieBrown » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:37 pm

You had better check yourself if you even think about putting the name Kosta Tszyu and meatball in the sme sentance. Tszyu is one of the best Jr. welters to ever lace em up.

The only reason that Tszyu lost to Hatton was because he was old and used up. He was fighting a close fight in Hattons home town, and he knew he would not win if it came down to a decision. Tszyu quit on the stool rather than fight the last round of a doomed fight. He was retiring and he knew it.

That being said Hatton is no slouch, and if he fought Mayweather again the result could be quite differant. Hatton had Mayweather off balance in the first, and second round Hattons weakness is he fights with an all or nothing style and it came back and bit him in the butt this time.

By no means is Hatton a push over and if you go back and watch this was the hardest fight Mayweather has had in a long, long, time. Anyone who saw Maywethers reactions at the end of the match could tell that he really gave this on his all and the win was a relief to him. Mayweather never said it but he was worried about Hatton.
BernieBrown

Unread postby yargs7 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:06 pm

BernieBrown wrote:
By no means is Hatton a push over and if you go back and watch this was the hardest fight Mayweather has had in a long, long, time. Anyone who saw Maywethers reactions at the end of the match could tell that he really gave this on his all and the win was a relief to him. Mayweather never said it but he was worried about Hatton.

Mayweather admitted Hatton was the toughest guy he has faced...

"I knew it was going to be tough," Mayweather said. "That's why I didn't do anything halfway. He was definitely the toughest competitor I've ever faced."
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby Guest » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:19 pm

140 lbs. might be the weakest division around
135 is pretty damn solid and 147 is LOADED.
If he stays at 140 he's a decent fighter.

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:02 am

FightDr wrote:140 lbs. might be the weakest division around

it is pretty piss poor

but not to take anything away from hattons dominance in jnr Welter
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:03 am

FightDr wrote:140 lbs. might be the weakest division around

by the way ur avatar is hilarious

even i had to laugh when that was replayed in slow mo
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby Guest » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:29 pm

The avatar is sweet, looks like it would be something out of the WWE or fake if you didn't know already.

Previous

Return to The Rumble Room