Text Size

Sportstime Ohio Feedback & Comments

Like Manna from Heaven

Use this forum to voice your thoughts on Sportstime Ohio and their lineup of programming. Comments, suggestions, and feedback welcomed and encouraged!

Moderators: peeker643, swerb

Like Manna from Heaven

Unread postby rtat » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:27 am

Out here in Iowa, the only times I would get STO on Direct TV was when a Tribe game was broadcast as part of the MLB Ticket. Then, like manna from heaven, STOs coverage, pre and post game, started to appear during the MLB post season. Yippee!

I continue to get STO programming except for rebroadcasts of Tribe games from this recent season and from past seasons. They are blocked. I am curious as to why STO is showing up out here in the corn and soybean desert that is Iowa and why the Tribe rebroadcasts are not.

If anyone has insights on this parachial topic I would be happy to hear about it. I have forsaken atttempts at communicating with Directv as an exercise in futilty.
rtat

Unread postby swerb » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:21 pm

rtat, from STO ...

STO is part of the regional sports packages on both DirecTV (channel 657) and Dish Network (channel 431) to those that live outside of the Cleveland Indians TV territory. These packages would allow you to watch all of our non-professional event programming including the OHSAA Championship Games, All Bets Are Off with Bruce Drennan as well as our other sports shows and events featuring the Cleveland Browns, Ohio State Buckeyes, Ohio Athletic Conference, Cleveland State, Youngstown State, Ohio Golf, Ohio Outdoors, Notre Dame, West Virginia, Cleveland Auto Show, Mixed Martial Arts, Boxing, Wrestling, Poker, Racing and more.

Unfortunately even our replays and classic Indians games are subject to Major League Baseball blackout rules. The Indians have a designated TV territory as defined by MLB. Both STO and our affiliates are obligated to follow these restrictions and guidelines.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby rtat » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:14 pm

Thanks Swerb!

Interesting that the blackout rules apply to replays of games from the 1990s. But I am thankful that I am able to get the rest of the programming.
rtat

Return to Sportstime Ohio Feedback & Comments