Text Size

High School Sports

State Finals

Talk Ohio high school sports in here, with an emphasis on the Northeast Ohio schools.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yargs7

State Finals

Unread postby yargs7 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:05 am

Did anyone watch any of these games? I saw them all either live or watched the replay on STO (which, IMO, did a great job covering the entire playoffs). If you didn't tune in, you really missed some exciting, well played, and hard fought games.

The D-1 game was a sleeper, but that Mooney-Coldwater game was truly an awesome game. Coldwater came back from a 21-7 deficit to a nationally ranked power to win 28-27 on a blocked extra point at the very end.

I'm sure they will replay the games this week. If you are a fan of the game, I think you will enjoy watching. What the hell else is on anyways?
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby Rules » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:47 am

Well i been upset with STO all playoffs long because of their decisions on which games to show. But i will step up to the plate and thank them for doing a wonderful job with the Championship games.

I do have but 1 request....next year can we please have 3 guys doing the Pre-game, Post-game and halftime shows that know what they are talking about. These gentlemen was almost laughable to watch, and i think one of them was a coach at Bedford i believe it said. :lol:

But outside of that i thought they done a very good job with the games, camera angles...dealing with the wind and cold. Good job guys!

See ya all next year!
Rules

Unread postby onlyindreams » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:03 am

The guy who sat in the middle is John Gibbons who coached at Lake Catholic and St. Edward. I think he won a couple state titles at Lake Catholic so he knows what he's talking about, he just didn't have the delivery. The guy on the left does a high school sports show on WKNR.
onlyindreams

Favorite Player: Browns Backup QB
Least Favorite Player: Browns Starting QB

Unread postby Rules » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:57 am

Perhaps your correct and it was just the way they came off. But that would be the only thing i would address. Outside of that i think STO done a wonderfull job with the finals.

Looking forward to August and getting this thing going all over again.
Rules

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:22 pm

Although the negotiations are in the early stages, I have heard that STO is trying to lock in Lead Pipe for their "Picks of the Day" segment of their pregame show for the 2008 State Title games.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:35 pm

lubber wrote:Although the negotiations are in the early stages, I have heard that STO is trying to lock in Lead Pipe for their "Picks of the Day" segment of their pregame show for the 2008 State Title games.

Lead doesn't wager amateur sports, only NCAA & Professional.

The guy has integrity.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Lubber » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:35 am

Ummmm.... Aren't college athletes amateurs?
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:48 am

lubber wrote:Ummmm.... Aren't college athletes amateurs?

No.

Lead doesn't have his head in the sand. When a kid who comes from nothing has a thousand dollars worth of body art and tooling around campus in a car, he is amateur by title only.

You don't fool the Lead Man.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Return to High School Sports