Text Size

High School Sports

Ohio's Mr. Football

Talk Ohio high school sports in here, with an emphasis on the Northeast Ohio schools.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yargs7

Ohio's Mr. Football

Unread postby jeck » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:33 am

Congratulations to Mentor's Bart Tanski on being named Mr. Football!
jeck

Unread postby mswerb » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:23 pm

Too bad it got him a beatdown in Canton.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby jeck » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:32 pm

He did take a beating last night. The better team won and St. X had an amazing defense.
jeck

Unread postby Lubber » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:43 pm

Jeck.

Rumors have Tanski going to Purple Raider land. I think that he would thrive in that offense (very similar to Mentor). Dont think he has D1 skills.
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby jeck » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:19 pm

Lubber,

You might be right and if he does go to Mount then you will see more national championships (which you know would make me very happy). He's one of the best kids I ever coached. Not only as a player but more so as a person. He didn't play well last night but whoever gets him will be very lucky.
jeck

Unread postby thedirtceo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:20 am

jeck wrote:Lubber,

You might be right and if he does go to Mount then you will see more national championships (which you know would make me very happy). He's one of the best kids I ever coached. Not only as a player but more so as a person. He didn't play well last night but whoever gets him will be very lucky.

th at right there is a telltale sign you coached him ... CHOKER! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thedirtceo
Thread Killer

Unread postby Lubber » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:58 am

Bart did not choked. He went up against one of the best teams in the country. And in my opinion, his supporting cast was suspect as best, at least as far at State Title teams go. Without Tanski this year, Mentor does not even sniff the playoffs.

Bart was not the one hitting one-handed fly balls outs Jimmy.
Lubber

Unread postby pup » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:16 am

Hears he was still hoping for an offer or something out of Pitt. Any chance at this still happening?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby jeck » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:33 pm

Just talked to his dad and they are playing the waiting game but Pitt, Penn St., Kansas, Louisville, and all the MAC schools are interested. They made offers to other kids and are waiting to see if the commit or not.

CEO-No need to respond to you as again you have no idea what you are talking about.
jeck

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:19 pm

Akron needs a QB in the worst way. Well, they need a lot, but a QB is a start.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:44 pm

Bart was not the one hitting one-handed fly balls outs Jimmy.

CEO-No need to respond to you as again you have no idea what you are talking about.

You guys seem to have a book on this CEO character. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Lubber » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:20 pm

jeck wrote:Just talked to his dad and they are playing the waiting game but Pitt, Penn St., Kansas, Louisville, and all the MAC schools are interested. They made offers to other kids and are waiting to see if the commit or not.

So basically he is not the 1st choice at any of those schools. Nothing against him, but I just don't see a D1 caliber player in him. I see a great D3 QB, who is just shy in all the areas to make that small leap to D1.

Lets put it this way Jeck... Do you think he is on the same level as a Ballard or Wanke? Those are D1 caliber guys.
Lubber

Unread postby jeck » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:26 pm

Lubber,

Ballard and Wanke were both great D3 QB's who both had tryouts in the pro's. To say he's with them is a stretch. As we both know neither one of them shouldn't have been playing D3. Thanks god for a lot of us Jimmy went to Mount. I agree that Bart would be one hell of a D3 QB. To say he is a major D1 QB I don't know but I think he could make it in the MAC. Not to take anything away from him but Chris Jacquemain of Mentor has been starting for Akron and I think Bart is way better than him. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. I think whoever takes a chance on him will be very lucky!
jeck

Unread postby Lubber » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:37 am

Well, that is sort of my point. Does he want to go to Akron and get his ass kicked in every week?

Or does he want to go to Mount and excel each week, and get a much better education? Or even an Ivy league school.

If he ends up being NFL material by his senior year, the scouts will find him whether he is at AKron, Mount or Ivy.
Lubber

Unread postby jeck » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:21 pm

The thing is he is a really bright kid so he might be able to get into one of the Ivy league schools. The receiver Tyler Schutz is looking at schools like Harvard, etc. They were at his house on Friday
jeck

Unread postby thedirtceo » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:24 pm

lubber wrote:Well, that is sort of my point. Does he want to go to Akron and get his ass kicked in every week?

Or does he want to go to Mount and excel each week, and get a much better education? Or even an Ivy league school.

If he ends up being NFL material by his senior year, the scouts will find him whether he is at AKron, Mount or Ivy.

How about DUKE then? D1 and he'll get exposure.. seems like a good fit for a school in the WAC too. Hawaii needs a new QB, send them his tape Coach Jeck
thedirtceo
Thread Killer

Return to High School Sports