Text Size

The 19th Hole

Hibernation Time

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

Hibernation Time

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:05 pm

I love living in NE Ohio, but one of my least favorite things about living here is having to put away the sticks for 4 months.

Shot a round in the 80s to presumably end things last week. Two days later it was snowing. Drove the ball alot better this year, irons were inconsistent, putting still bad. However, being able to consistently get 250-260 yds off the tee shaved a good 5 strokes off my game this year. As opposed to shooting mid to high 90s on a tough course, I got that to high 80s low 90s.

Been saving up Dicks gift cards to get a new set of wedges and a Oddysey 2 ball putter this off-season.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby furls » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:46 am

was an eventful season for me. I guess I will have to eat a couple of rain checks do to a finger injury (dislocated and broken).

I had not hit driver in about five years. This year I pulled out the big stick and figured out how to make it work. Bought an ERC Fusion 9deg Driver and I hit it from 280-300.

Unfortunately the changes I made to my swing to accomodate the driver DESTROYED my irons and wedges. Thank god I was only leaving 70-150 yards on most par 4's because it was taking me a couple of more to finish the hole. I did get my wife to buy off on letting me get some new irons, no small feat, and I am all set with clubs and gear for 2007, just in time for my move to South Carolina!
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Guest » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:49 pm

Sorry to hear about the need for shutting it down for the year, Swerb.

Me? I'm thinking of taking a mental health day and playing either 18 or 36 on either Wednesday or Thursday...I'll be thinking about you while I'm out there.

And I need to get back out there...haven't played in a month and my last two rounds stunk. It's like all the progress I've made this summer getting my driver/3 wood in control off the tee went to hell in just 36 holes.

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:29 pm

Have fun Mitch. I'll be building a snowman. :wink:

Here's hoping we get a chance to play 18 again on the morning of the NFL Draft ...
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:50 pm

You'll be building a snowman...and given the state of my game right now, I may end up shooting one or two.

Good call on saving up for the Odyssey two-ball putter. That's on my list as well.

But I'd probably first put a set of Nike slingshot irons on it...at least based on reviews I've read regarding how they help hackers...er...players like me with inconsistent iron play.

Return to The 19th Hole