Text Size

College Sports Arena

Ohio State vs. Wiscy Predictions

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Ohio State vs. Wiscy Predictions

Unread postby furls » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:17 am

Ready, Set, Go!
Last edited by furls on Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby consigliere » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:01 pm

Bucks 31
Badgers 13
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Apex777 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:48 pm

Buckeyes 24
Badgers 17
Imagination is more important than knowledge. . .Einstein
Apex777

Unread postby dpdad » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:34 pm

Buckeyes keep rolling, 31-14. Unfortunately, according to the link from the Columbus Dispatch, the game against Wisconsin will be on the Big Ten Network! That sucks, cause I have TW cable.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/football/stories/2007/10/28/osusked.html?jrl=75696&clk=177377
dpdad

Unread postby pup » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:00 am

Badgers 16
Bucks 9

Have to make up for the Consig's sudden positive outlook.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:07 am

Pup wrote:Badgers 16
Bucks 9

Have to make up for the Consig's sudden positive outlook.

Hey, just keeping it real. I call em like I see em. This is an OSU fan site, so 95% of the time they'll be picked to win no matter who they play. Same with the Browns, Indians and Cavs.
consigliere

Unread postby g00p » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:00 pm

28-3 buckeyes, wiscy sucks it up at the shoe
g00p

Unread postby furls » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:47 pm

You know, a big part of the reason they will be picked to win a lot is because they have not lost a regular season game since 05.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:39 pm

Furls wrote:You know, a big part of the reason they will be picked to win a lot is because they have not lost a regular season game since 05.

Yeah, you combine this point with the fact they've played a weak schedule so far.....
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:51 pm

This game has worried me more than any other all year.

While the Badgers have proved to be disappointing nothing would cap off their season better than a win in Columbus.

This game will be physical and if the weather turns it could be boring if Wisky plays to their best ability on defense.

Having said that I think we win, but am not sure what to expect as far as how.

24-17 Buckeyes.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:49 pm

PJ Hill's status is important here.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby furls » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:47 pm

While the Badgers have proved to be disappointing nothing would cap off their season better than a win in Columbus.

You can hope in one hand and shit in the other. Guess which one fills up first? Beating Ohio State would make a lot of people's seasons, that doesn't make it likely or even probable. I hate to tip off my previews early, but Wisconsin is NOT very good with or without PJ Hill.

If you must fret over a game, fret over Illinois. They have some weapons and a defense that can make some plays. Personally, I think Illinois at home is more worrisome than even Michigan on the road.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby swerb » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:49 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt ... &type=lgns

Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema is hopeful running back P.J. Hill will be available when the Badgers play No. 1 Ohio State on Saturday.

Hill hobbled off the field in the first quarter last Saturday after scoring on fourth-and-1 against Indiana. X-rays on Hill's left foot and leg after the game showed no broken bones. An MRI exam on Sunday revealed a bruise in the lower leg, Bielema said.

"It was very, very sensitive and sore," he said. "We're encouraged that there wasn't any structural damage, just a bruise and hopefully it's something we can get through in a short amount of time."

Hill did not practice Sunday, and players were off Monday before preparing for the Buckeyes (9-0, 5-0 Big Ten). Bielema said he's not sure when Hill will practice this week.

Wisconsin (7-2, 3-2) went on to beat the Hoosiers 33-3, scoring four touchdowns rushing. But two were from Lance Smith, who is suspended from road games after an altercation this summer and will not play at Ohio State.

If Hill can't go, the Badgers will have to rely on freshman Zach Brown, who ran for a score against Indiana. He established career highs with 14 carries for 40 yards and has emerged out of a deep running back class from Bielema's most recent recruiting efforts.

"My feeling is you're going to see a very excited No. 30, whether he gets one rep, 30 carries, whatever it is," Bielema said of Brown.

Wisconsin relies on its power rushing attack with a line that averages 314 pounds to go along with two big fullbacks, Chris Pressley (259 pounds) and Bill Rentmeester (246 pounds).
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby pup » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:08 am

http://badgerherald.com/sports/2007/10/ ... status.php

Basically says the injury to Hill is worse than they are making it out to be. It is a bruise over the exact spot where he broke his leg as a freshman, which the coach didn't even remember happening.
Last edited by pup on Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:31 am

Swerb wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AuwyjveSI.Op_s6knocD3xscvrYF?slug=ap-wisconsin-hill&prov=ap&type=lgns

Wisconsin (7-2, 3-2) went on to beat the Hoosiers 33-3, scoring four touchdowns rushing. But two were from Lance Smith, who is suspended from road games after an altercation this summer and will not play at Ohio State.

Suspended for road games? How do you come up with that?

Buckeyes roll on, 38-6
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby Brendan » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:47 pm

This will be the game in which Laurinaitis cements his place as a top five pick.

Buckeyes-31
Badgers -13
"When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less."
Paul Brown
Brendan

Favorite Player: Lebron/Victor/Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby JCEagle » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:40 pm

Buckeyes 20
Badgers-12
JCEagle

Unread postby Toxicadam » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:52 am

I see this game being easiest of all thier remaining games.

24-10
Toxicadam

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:01 pm

I'll take 34-7. They'll let Pretorius kick a couple chip shots late. The 7 will be scored off a Boeckman pick. I think they shut down Hill and really make teams take notice of their rushing defense.

And yes, Laurinaitis has a beast of a game.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby jfiling » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:55 pm

I predict I won't be able to watch it. Damn the Big Ten Network and NFL Network vampires; I hope both of them go out of business.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby buckeyehoppy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:36 am

At the beginning of the season, I was worried about this game above all the others (for some reason).

Not anymore, especially the way tOSUs D plays every week.

Ohio State 35
Wisconsin 6

The Badgers will nowhere on O and the Bucks should set the tempo early with a couple easy scores.
Cleveland: Where the Tower is Terminal and the Lake is (e)Erie- Alex Bevan
buckeyehoppy

Unread postby pup » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:31 am

As this game gets closer and closer, the more worried I get.

Wis plays us tough. And I am getting the same feeling reading all the press clippings I should have been getting,but ignored, before the Florida game.

Boeckman for Hiesman. Buckeyes greatest. Buckeyes finally earn #1 ranking. Robiskie best receiver in college.

Those are the types of headlines that make players heads very fat.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Guest » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:15 am

OSU 37
Badgers 13

Wells goes well over 100, 2 TDs.
Robiskie a few more big plays and a TD.

Unread postby bowl » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:37 pm

OSU 27
Wis 17

I'll be there!
bowl
Road Trip Guru

Favorite Player: Shin Soo Choo
Least Favorite Player: Derek Jeter

Unread postby swerb » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:57 pm

Part of me says this Buckeye team is due for a letdown game. Even the '02 NC team had the Cincinnati game at home they almost lost. That same part of me also thinks PJ Hill will play, and be at full strength, and sees that Wisconsin has responded from the Penn State ass whooping strongly, destroying No Ill and Indiana in their last two. That same part of me knows the Badgers history in The Shoe and remembers those pricks dancing on the block O a couple years back.

Another part of me is really buying into Furls notion that Tressel is using the Florida game last year and the disrespect this year to have this team much hungrier, prepared, and focused on winning than their opponents every week. That same part of me remembers '02, sees alot of paralells, and thinks this team is going to smoke Wisconsin ... cause they are a much better team and are playing at home.

I'll split the middle.

23-21 Buckeyes. Pretorius bombs three FGs > 40 yards, Robiskie gets another two scores, and the Buckeyes win this one late on a Schoenhoft to Robiskie fade to the corner of the end zone after Boeckman is forced out of the game with a mild concussion.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby yargs7 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:06 pm

This year's Buckeyes are playin with a chip on their shoulder. Unlike last year, they don't have people telling them how great they are. It's quite the contrary. Don't let Tressel fool you...he's playing the "disrespect" card regardless of what he says to the media. Add to that the memory of those Cheesedicks dancing on the "O" and you've got yourself a recipe for a woodsheddin.

Offense remains efficient. Defense shuts down a Hill-less Badger O. Kicking game is solid.

31-13 BUCKEYES

T-Boeck 2 TDS
BEANIE 2 TDS
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:22 pm

Those are the types of headlines that make players heads very fat.

I agree but where in the world are you reading THOSE headlines.

Fact is most of the college football world still thinks OSU is overrated, I love it that way.

FUDU

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:04 pm

Swerb wrote:Part of me says this Buckeye team is due for a letdown game. Even the '02 NC team had the Cincinnati game at home they almost lost.

In '02 they played Cincinnati on the road in week three I believe. It was a barnburner though.

I have gone to two OSU football games in my life. Once in '02 against Penn State....and this year against Northwestern. We won it in '02, so here's hoping I'm the key to the success again this year. :roll :roll:

By the way, the team this year reminds me A LOT of the '02 squad. Dissrespected and no one took them seriously all year....yet all they did was keep winning.
consigliere

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:43 pm

It reminds me of the 02 squad n regards to how they are perceived but as far as the team on the field, how they play and the results, I think this team SO FAR has shown to be much better on both sides of the ball.

FUDU

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:15 pm

Coach Tressel is 22 of his last 26 ATS. This one should be no different. Let's go OSU 42 Wisconsin 10.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:42 pm

hmmm, Buckeyes look OK on offense and are coming around on defense. They were running the ball pretty well before shooting themselves in the foot with penalties (Dionte Johnson's hold). They really just seemed out of sync in the first half.

Wisconsin is not bringing as much pressure as I thought they would, and I think that is impacting Ohio State's playcalling. I would expect to see more intermediate routes and a bit more running off tackle and around the edge.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:05 pm

Boeckman finding nothing downfield, and the run game is non-existent. I don't like this.
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:07 pm

Defense missing tackles and giving up big plays in key situations.
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:09 pm

Uh-oh.
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Unread postby pup » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:17 pm

Don't say I didn't warn you...

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:20 pm

Pup wrote:Don't say I didn't warn you...

Really having trouble understanding the gameplan until this drive. Boeckman was clearly struggling yet we'd completely ignored the run up to now.

Edited: Maybe it was to set up THAT. What a burst. That kid is the best in the country when motivated, err healthy.
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Unread postby pup » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:22 pm

At a baby Beanie.

Its about time we went to the run game. Being cute gets this team in trouble. Stop being cute. Blitz this punks ass Donovan and ram Beanie down there throats for the next hour...please.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby swerb » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:27 pm

Big run by Beanie. Lets get a stop and go right back to the run, I agree. I'd like to see Saine for a series.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:29 pm

Swerb wrote:Big run by Beanie. Lets get a stop and go right back to the run, I agree. I'd like to see Saine for a series.

Good point. Last week when PSU had to account for Saine, it loosened up the D and paid immediate dividends. Wells and Saine need to be on the field together as much as possible.
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Unread postby pup » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:30 pm

How did they sneak Crafty Krenzel back into a uniform?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:31 pm

Pup wrote:How did they sneak Crafty Krenzel back into a uniform?

Clarett had a good quarter too. :P :-P :razz:
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Unread postby pup » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:32 pm

1st play of the 4th...Robo TD!

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby swerb » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:36 pm

Beanie works too.

DEFENSE

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:36 pm

Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Unread postby swerb » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:37 pm

He's officially a monster Michigan game away from being a serious candidate for an invite to NY.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby buckeyehoppy » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:41 pm

When Wisc. took the lead, it almost seemed like they said, "Oh, gee, there's a team on the opposite side."

They were pulling an Akron, but the other team was not Akron.

The most important thing with this team is to avoid letdown. That will continue to be the case all the way through the TSUN game. They need to drop the hammer on the Badgers the rest of this game. NO MORE POINTS ALLOWED BY THE D!!!
buckeyehoppy

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:46 pm

Hey Beilema: The cap on trick plays per game is 10.
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Unread postby buckeyehoppy » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:47 pm

Get a goddam TD already...play the game, Buckeyes, play the game already!!!
buckeyehoppy

Unread postby swerb » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:48 pm

FINISH THEM

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:48 pm

That's it Levy. Talk shit after a 7-yard gain down (soon to be 14). Punk.
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Next

Return to College Sports Arena