Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Ernie, Talk To Me Bout The NFL Draft Party

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Ernie, Talk To Me Bout The NFL Draft Party

Unread postby swerb » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:29 pm

The OBR Draft Bash III.

Once again all set or your fine establishment. Going to start pimping it on The OBR come March 1st, want to nail down all the logistics/details with you leading up to then.

I'll also run some stories promoting it on this website.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby SpaZDawG » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:48 am

Me and my liver are in "training"
SpaZDawG

Unread postby SOBO » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:16 pm

NOTE to self: Remember to sleep before the draft this year. That and be prepared for some weird person to ask me a million questions. And No I'm actually not referring to Spaz on that account.
SOBO
NFL Draft Guru

Unread postby SpaZDawG » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:00 pm

just for clarification sake... im still wierd and will still ask you a lot of questions right?
SpaZDawG

Here I am

Unread postby S4Aero » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:29 pm

anytime you want to start this ball rolling, i'm available.
S4Aero

Unread postby DTrooney » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:32 pm

I am still waiting for Ernie to turn his establishment into a gentleman's club for us...
DTrooney

Unread postby 80sBoy » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:52 am

gentlemen's club?

That would unfortunately leave most of us outside looking in.
80sBoy

Unread postby SpaZDawG » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:03 am

I am a fan of boobs.
SpaZDawG

Draft Party

Unread postby wmurphyhh » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:56 am

So are the draft party details being delayed until the start of free agency ?
wmurphyhh
"Murph"

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: Chris Johnson

Unread postby swerb » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:00 am

Details will be announced today or tomorrow ...
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby P.O.PUPPY » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:04 pm

I hope Ernie lines up a good band and people stay and party to the band this year. Last year we left and were going to come back untill we thought with all the snow it would be better for us to go home. This year we are going to stay late.
P.O.PUPPY

Unread postby SOBO » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:02 pm

This year my Bear's buddy (Chad) isn't able to make it; so I'm pretty sure I won't be all surly by the time I arrive.

So hopefully P.O. I'll stick around the like the first year when it was just me and you till the end.

And I know it's a little taboo to mention the "other" site; but I've been talking to Barry about a possible live draft webcast. Not sure where that stands now with anyone, but thought I'd mention.
SOBO
NFL Draft Guru

Unread postby swerb » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:15 pm

Just got off the phone with Ernie from Bunker's Bar & Grille in Medina, OH. Ernie is a helluva guy, a huge Browns fan, and has done a great job hosting this event. It was a no-brainer to return there this year. As many of you know, this is the venue we have had this party at the last two years. It has been a rousing success both times.

Year one we had between 80-100 people. Last year, despite a full blown snowstorm, the # was much higher. Likely 125-150. 19 Action News, as well as Dan Coughlin broadcast live from there before and during the draft. Several of us made TV. I'm investigating who I need to blackmail at Channel 19 to get Sharon Reed to be their representative this year.

Let me know in this thread if you plan on attending. I track the list of attendees all the way up until Draft Day, not only to give Ernie a head count .... but also so everyone knows who's attending.

What we consistently find is that the people who frequent this site and attend the BI functions are great people ... many of whom I've become good friends with over the years. It's great to put faces with the screen names talking football over a couple ice cold brews on Draft Day.

We had many people come in from out of town last year, it was great to see. I want to say that 10 different states were represented. We highly encourage all the outta towners to make this into a little weekend vacation to Cleveland!!!!

Here are the details. I will be updating this thread religously, and Ernie (S4Aero) will also be chiming in with updates.

Bunker's Website

THE OBR DRAFT DAY BASH III

WHERE: Bunkers Bar & Grille, located on the property of Bunker Hill Golf Course in Medina, OH

Directions To Bunkers

WHEN: Saturday, April 29th

Bar opens at 9 AM. Draft starts at 12 Noon. Band arrives around 8-9 PM.

WHY: Because we can. And because we have found people enjoy these events, and that they build camradarie amongst the loyal visitors of this website.

WHO: Anyone that wants to attend. Just let me know via this thread or PM.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS

-No cover charge or cost to attend. Just make it there! All you will need is $$$ for food and drink.

-Speaking of food and drink, I think all in attendance last year can attest to how good the food was. Definitely several notches above your typical "bar food". From light and healthy to hearty and fatty. Burgers, steaks, chops, wings, fries...you name it. The entire menu will be available, and like last year, Ernie will be putting together a special supplementary menu for the day.

-1st round Mock Draft Contest. Database will be constructed on this site to add/edit entrys up until draft day. Entry is free, but you must be in attendance to win. The prize package currently stands at the following for the winner:

$50 gift certificate to Bunkers Bar & Grille
$50 gift certificate to Bunkers Golf Course
$25 gift certificate to any Tony Roma's
1 year subscription (or extension to subscription) to The OBR

-TV's everywhere, including a couple of big screens. Bunker's has 17 televisions, and that's not including the "War Rooms". Spacious. You need not worry about having a comfy seat in front of a tube, regardless of how many crazed Browns fans are in attendance. Ernie said crystal clear loud sound, right from ESPN will be PUMPING through every inch of Bunkers as it was last year. They also had eight new booths installed, and Ernie said they may have individual 15" LCD TV's installed at each booth by Draft Day.

-WAR ROOMS: Bunkers is converting their golf simulators (10 foot high big screens) into War Rooms for the Draft Bash. Complete with couches, tables, etc...the War Rooms would be phenomenal for sick in the head draft obsessed fans like Sobo. All War Rooms will have sound. And they replaced the projectors on all of their simulators, which will yield better picture quality this year.

-Golf that morning is optional for those who like to play. Golf is $46 for 18 holes and a power cart, and Bunker Hill is a helluva course. I obviously made the tee times early cause the draft commences at noon. We have blocked off the tee times from 6:30 AM to 8:15 AM. Let me know ASAP if you plan to golf. We are going to do a 4 man scramble this year, and are working on a prize package for that as well. Teams will be assembled as golfers confirm, or feel free to put together your own 4 man team.

-Huge outdoor deck that overlooks the golf course. They recently added a sun/shade deck to it, and also have sound out there. The deck rocks ... hopefully we can utilize a little more than last year, as it snowed like a mother.

-Internet access if you want to "plug in", there will be several stations to plug in your laptop if you choose to bring it. We are working on having a webcam there, so people not attending can log on to the site and monitor The Draft Day MADNESS at Bunkers. Also, we will have a chat station where people at the bash can chat in the chat room with people logged on and watching at home. Each War Room will have multiple ports to plug in. If you have wireless internet, all you need to bring is your laptop, and the internet will work for you.

-12 beers on tap at discounted prices. Guiness, Bass, Killians, Labbats, Dortmunder, Blue Moon, Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Mich Lt, Coors Lt...and several more beers available in the bottle including the Great Lakes beers and my personal favorite, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Happy hour prices and great specials will be available ALL DAY AND NIGHT on all food and beer.

-Indoor golf if the weather is inclement. Or if we wanted to do long drive contests. For those who have not played it, indoor golf is pretty damn cool. A realistic indoor simulation, where you can grit your teeth and long drive...or play some of the most famous courses in the world.

-Darts, foosball, Golden Tee, Indoor putting green. Ernie said that he would be more than happy to organize tournaments of any of the aforementioned games they offer if there was interest.

-Lodging. See below for the hotel discount/directions we have secured:

Sleep Inn
1435 S. Carpenter Road
Brunswick, OH 44212
330-273-1112

Ask for Amy or Ken and mention Bunker Hill Golf Course. Last years special BI Draft Bash rate was just $39.95 per night! It's a $5 cab ride to Bunkers, and we will be arranging a shuttle back to the hotel for the drunkards. Ernie is making these calls again today to line up the same deals.

-Live music. Band (still to be determined) will take the floor at 8-9 PM.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:17 pm

SOBO wrote:And I know it's a little taboo to mention the "other" site; but I've been talking to Barry about a possible live draft webcast. Not sure where that stands now with anyone, but thought I'd mention.

Sobo, not taboo at all. Barry and I remain good friends and are working together on this party as well as other endeavors.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

i do both

Unread postby SpaZDawG » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:35 pm

i replied in both.

me and me dad will be there.

2nd to arrive (damn you sobo)
and hopefully last to leave (in which i dont want to remember)
SpaZDawG

Unread postby TatDawg » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:28 pm

I will be there! (as always)

Nice site Swerb!
TatDawg

Unread postby swerb » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:33 pm

Tat, thanks. And welcome to the site bro! Looking forward to catching up over a couple cold ones on draft day buddy ...
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby TatDawg » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:36 pm

I'm looking forward to it as well, my freind. Start working out your liver! :lol:
TatDawg

count me in

Unread postby DawgTender » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:10 am

Swerb,

Great site..looking forward to another great draft party at the Bunker and seeing ya.....

Rick
aka ricga57 from Bernie's
DawgTender

Unread postby Lebowski » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:33 am

I think I can make it this year. Might bring my pops along as well.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Re: count me in

Unread postby swerb » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:20 am

DawgTender wrote:Swerb,

Great site..looking forward to another great draft party at the Bunker and seeing ya.....

Rick
aka ricga57 from Bernie's

Rick, looking forward to it as well buddy. And thanks.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Naxos » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:38 am

Well you all know I have been there the last 2 years. Unfortunately things will not work out to support my trip home this year for the draft.

My Grandmother past away in FL this past Febuary and we will be burying her ashes next to Grandpa back home in Ohio in May on Mother's Day.

Since I can only get away from work once during this time, I am chosing option number 2.

Hope to see you all again next year.
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby SpaZDawG » Fri May 12, 2006 9:23 am

SPAM!
SpaZDawG

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL