Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs Gotta Beat The Bucks Tonight

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Cavs Gotta Beat The Bucks Tonight

Unread postby swerb » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:22 pm

Team streak all of the sudden has a little two game losing streak going, and all prior back to back losses this year have ended up spiraling into sustained streaks of suckitude.

In to town tonight comes the Milwaukee Bucks, who figure to be our main competition for the #4 seed and 1st round home court, as well as 2nd place in the Central. It's also very likely that Cavs-Bucks ends up being the 1st rd #4-#5 matchup, especially in the wake of the Jermaine O'Neal injury.

Bucks are a good team, been a bit of a hard luck team this season. A lot of close losses, and their record could be even better. They figure to only be better the rest of the way as TJ Ford is back to health, and new players Bogut, Bobby Simmons, and Magloire continue to acclimate themselves with their new team.

Big game tonight.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:28 pm

A win tonight also gets us the tie-breaker. We would take the season series 3-1. So, something else to think about.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby aoxo » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:38 pm

The Bucks are a team that has been more lucky than unlucky. They have a lot of close losses, but they have been extremely clutch all season. I doubt that lasts, at least at the level it has been. 82games also recently put up the percentage of time each team has led/trailed/tied for the whole season. These pretty much accurately reflect each teams' record, with the exception of a few teams. The Bucks have only led 38.5% of the time, which is ranked 24th in the NBA. Yikes. Good teams don't trail that much.
aoxo

Unread postby swerb » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:43 pm

Interesting aoxo ... I didn't see that.

And welcome ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Lebowski » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:28 am

whew...

Almost blew that one...which would have been a killer. A win is a win tho.

Bron had a sub-par scoring night but still was only one board away from a trip-dub. Nice to see him take the ball to the rack to get the go-ahead bucket in the waning seconds.

Side Show was huge last night, especially with the charge on Redd. Btw, dude is fearless going to the tin. Love the way he plays.

Big win as far as breaking the streak and for the playoff implications.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:00 pm

Great game last night. The Q was rocking. Travis Hafner and Chris Spielman both courtside. Cavs played very good defense all game, outside of two stretches towards the end of the 2nd and 4th quarters when they appeared to tire.

Varejao ... wow. This kid impressed the hell out of me last night. What he lacks in stregth and experience, he more than makes up for with sheer hustle, and an off the charts energy level that is infectious on the team when he is on the floor. That charge he took last night WAS the ball game, and execute perfectly. Moved his feet, made his stand, and took the charge. I think he took 3 charges last night, and that last one won the game for em.

Also good to see LBJ take care of business down the stretch in a close game. His move to the hole on Simmons, a great defender, was beautiful. Hes nearly unstoppable when they clear the floor like that. Hes just too quick, agile, and explosive to stop if hes given even the slightest seam to the bucket.

Great game, big win. I think these teams will meet 1st rd in the 4-5 matchup, with the winner getting the joy of facing the Pistons.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Lebowski » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:06 pm

i take it you were there swerb?
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:24 pm

Yes, very good game. Had front row clubs, right behind the Milwaukee bench, which is a great place to watch a game from. Place was energetic. Crowds at the Q have improved dramatically over the last couple years.

Thought MB coached his balls off last night, definitely outcoached Stotts, which never hurts in a close game vs a division rival. Gooden, at times, showed how talented he really is, as he made Bogut look like a no talent bitch on both ends of the court. Donyell also had a quietly good game on the defensive end, and MB stayed with him for the entire 4th ... playing him at the 3 and pining Sasha.

And the Cavs girls ...

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Lebowski » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:30 pm

People rave about football games, but having good seats to an NBA basketball game is the shit, especially if it is a close game and the crowd gets into it. The excitement is amazing.

My stepmom does insurance work for the Cavs and I have been fortunate enough to get to see some good games sitting at great seats.

Ahhh...the Cavs girls. One of them goes to school with me, which obviously is a breath of fresh air. Law students at Case are not known for their looks.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:42 pm

I agree. There is nothing like having great seats to an NBA game. Its like a different game.

Hearing all the smak talked, what these guys actually say to their teammates and the refs, and the sheer size of these amazing athletes. Seems amazing how fast and agile these guys are, alot of em pushing 7 feet.

And IMO, basketball is such a great game to watch live.

And I also have to give Ronnie Duncan props. Hes come a long way since the opener. He gets that place jumpin unlike anyone since Howie Chisek at Richfield.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby pup » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:35 pm

Cavs girls....I had to download the screensaver linked on the Cavs page. I think they left some of the better ones off the saver though to push the calender!
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:48 pm

Front row at an NBA game is awesome. I have sat in the courtside boxes behind the benches twice. Those tix go for $250 a pop. My mother-in-law is the business manager for a car dealership, and the boss gets us tix to Cavs/Browns/Indians games all the time like that.

Sitting that close at an NBA game is worth it. For the NFL, I will never sit front row again. Not worth it at all. You can't see anything as you have no depth perception and can't see the plays like you can when you are 25-40 rows up.

Baseball is nice up close too.....and much less expensive than an NBA game (about 1/5 the cost).
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA