Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

seattle getting robbed

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

seattle getting robbed

Unread postby yargs7 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:33 pm

I have never, EVER, in my entire life seen an officiating crew be so blatanly one-sided! the bullshit interference agianst jakcson. the bullshit shittsburgh touchdown that wasnt. the bullshit hold when seattle gets to the one. the bullshit call on hasselbeck on the int return. it's digusting. obviously the nfl has its favs. i may never watch pro football again!
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby Guest » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:44 am

Nope.

It wasn't the refs.

Mike Holmgren was totally outcoached, and the Seahawks choked...plain and simple.

Worst clock management I've ever seen from a Super Bowl team.

And I've never seen a team so able to run up and down the field until they got inside the 20...when they suddenly forgot how to block, how to catch, how to not push off.

Seattle had the better team, as Rothlisberger blew chunks.

But they gagged.

Unread postby mswerb » Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:59 am

Last year's Eagles clock management was worse. They had no sense of urgency, and could care less if they scored at the end of the game. Thet also ran out of timeouts.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby Guest » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:29 am

It wasnt the refs?????????????????
You must not have seen the same game I did.
A 15 yard penalty.......................for making a tackle?????????????????
The clock management was terrible also.
Has Holmgren been fired yet?

Jackson had a TD
Ben didnt
The holding call that should have been offsides on the pass to the 1 yard line.
The refs should have just worn Shittsburghs unis, it was that obvious.

It wasnt the refs, give me a break.

Unread postby HoodooMan » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:30 pm

At the very, very, very least give Seattle the TD they scored that was wrongly taken away from them (+4, since they converted the FG), take away the TD Ben Roethlisberger didn't get and assume the Steelers convert the short FG (-4), and go ahead and assume Seattle would just shoot themselves in the foot at 1st & Goal from the 2 in the 4th quarter (the one that was wrongly ripped from them) and have to settle for the chip shot 3.

That's a tie game.

Maybe Neil O'Roethlisberger gets all clutch on us and marchs the Steelers down the field for the game winning score, who knows. But, all things considered, that was at least an evenly played game, and we should have gotten to see the tie-breaker.

BTW, for all the focus on Seattle's imperfect game, how 'bout them Stillers?

Big Ben 22.6 QB Rating!

Take away Parker's breakaway run, a 3.3 YPC rushing game the rest of the night!

Ah, but Jeramy Stevens dropped some passes and they failed to score in the 2-minute drill, so fair's fair, right? What a bunch of BS. All I've heard all day is how teams should be able to overcome bad calls, as it's just a part of the game, and they shouldn't whine about the Refs costing them the game. 99% of the time I agree with this, because it's generally the response given to fans bitching about ONE (note the loneliness of that number) bad call at the end of a close game, but when as here you have several, several really bad calls from start to finish and they're all going against one team, you've got yourself a serious problem. Seattle overcame bad calls several times in that game by repeatedly putting themselves in position to take control of the game, but that was then repeatedly ripped right back from them. If there's ever been a game of 15 on 11, that was it.
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby johnnyo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:09 am

Take away the 75-yard run???????????? Was that a penalty, too????????? You crybaby Browns fans make me laugh.

Keep your hopes up. Maybe next year the "Clowns" can pull off a miracle and win seven games.
johnnyo
Stiller Fan

Unread postby yargs7 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:27 pm

I'm not a Browns fan ass-bag! Nor am I a Seahawks fan. You lucky fuckers should pray that Carson Palmer doesnt come back, because if that fat fucker didnt fall on his knee Pittsburgh was toast. Oh yeah, and by the way...you wanna talk about cry-babies? Bengals players coaches and fans didnt whine and cry about that being a cheap shot the way the Shittsburgh did when Odell Thurman was "pushed" into little bennie.
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:39 pm

johnnyo wrote:Take away the 75-yard run???????????? Was that a penalty, too????????? You crybaby Browns fans make me laugh.

So was your running game working on Sunday night or wasn't it?

Yes, outside of one breakaway run, your running game sucked.

BTW, did yinz all have to chip in, or did Rooney take care of the whole bill himself, n'at?
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby mcsskkii » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:52 pm

Steeler fan should remember that they might not be in the game if the same penalty was called on Ben in the Indy game after the bus fumbled.
mcsskkii

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL