Text Size

The Gamblers Den

Week 6 NCAAF

This is the place to discuss sports handicapping, poker, and other forms of gambling.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, leadpipe

Week 6 NCAAF

Unread postby swerb » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:55 pm

YTD 36-23-1 (+$291)

3* 1-2
2* 9-5
1* 26-17-1

Playing 14 games this week. One of those weeks where I liked almost 20 games ... before scaling it back a bit.

3* Pitt -7
3* Wisconsin -21
3* UConn +6.5

2* LSU +1
2* Georgia +2.5

1* Kent St -24
1* Illinois -8.5
1* Purdue +11
1* Texas A&M -1.5
1* Oklahoma +4
1* Colorado -5
1* Arizona +12
1* Washington St -3.5
1* Nebraska -6.5
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:12 am

I have a few games that I really like today

Oklahoma
Georgia
LSU

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:58 am

The theme this week? Take the big points.

YTD: 29-9, 76%. Up 141. Note, my *'s are only worth 10.00 (I am not as Rich as Swerb, get the pun?).

Last week: 9-0 ATS. 24 for 24*s

3*
Oregon +4.5
Tennessee -3
WSU -3

2*
Purdue +11
Penn State -3
LSU -1
Washington +19
South Carolina -5.5

1*
U of Miami +19.5
Oklahoma +4.5
MSU +15.5

22*s on the line this week.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:02 am

Furls, that was one of best weeks I've ever seen last week. Liek to see that you're on 4 of my plays today ... only disagreement is Tennessee.

Heres my thoughts on the big 4 games today ...

LSU - Just the better football team here. Had a bounce or two gone their way in the 7-3 loss at Auburn, a game they outplayed Auburn in, they would be #2 in the country and a FG fave here. Russell, who played pretty damn good in that Auburn game despite not being able to put a TD on the board, is a better QB than Leak right now IMO, and RB Wynn has a high ankle sprain for Florida as well. LSU offense is very good, which is overlooked because of their defense and the 3 pts in the Auburn game.

Oklahoma - This play makes me a little nervous here, but you gotta take the 4 going against Mack Brown and Colt McCoy, with Oklahoma coming off a bye ... with two weeks to prepare in this revenge situation. The Sooner QB has played better with each game, and I think Stoops will set him up for success in this one by establishing Peterson early and often. Again, if Oklahoma doesn't get jobbed in that Oregon game, they are top 5 in the country right now and getting 2 pts likely. I'll take the 4 in what should be a good game.

Georgia - Bottom line, I don't trust Tennessee and Fullmer. Richt is the better coach, hes at home, and the Dawg defense is as potent as ever despite some of their offensive problems ... which will hopefully be illeviated today by the return of Terrashinski at QB. Remember, UGA has had two rotating frosh at QB the last 3 weeks. Everyones down on Georgia right now because of their offensive struggles. This is a statement game for them tonight. I may add a * to this later.

Cal - Have no play on this one right now. May make a small one on Cal later. I've been against the Ducks all year, and they've burned me. Since their opening day stinker vs Tennessee, Cal has looked like the NC contenders many (Corso) felt they would be, destroying Minnesota, Ariz St, and Oreg St. Ducks D is solid, but the Tedford Cal offense is clicking right now with the big three of QB Longshore, Marshawn Lynch, and WR DeSean Jackson.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:37 am

thoughts on some of the others ...

Pitt - Cuse only a singe digit dog here due to a 3 game win streak against 3 patsies. Pitt has looked good this season outside of their wake up call throttling at the hands of Mich St. Pitt is the much better team here, and I like them to ROLL to a very easy DD win. Palko is playing great, and the Cuse won't be able to exploit the Panther weak run D.

Wisconsin - Northwestern flat out sucks, exhibited by their 34-17 loss to New Hampshire ... and this one should be a blowout. New HC Fitzgerald may be good eventually, but is out of his element right now and is like 32 yrs old. A week after playing in State College, they now travel to Madison, one of the toughest places in the country to play. They were at Nevada the week before that, and I love playing against teams playing a 3rd straight road game. Wisconsin is underrated this year IMO, and is the 3rd best team in the Big Ten. They played tough at Michigan in a loss, blew out everyone else ... and come back home after 2 road games in this one. They should be primed and ready to rout the Wildcats here.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:47 am

UConn - Two evenly matched teams, so I gladly take the 6.5 here. Reason for the inflated spread is UConns home spanking at the hands of Navy last week, and So Flo taking undefeated Rutgers to OT. So Flo has no running game whatsoever, and stopping the run is the Huskies big weakness. Just really like the matchup and the spot this week for UConn to go down to South Florida and steal a win, or keep it very close at the least.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby yargs7 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:31 pm

LSU +1.5
Texas -4
Texas Tech -5
Wash St -3
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby Guest » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:12 pm

LSU game is now a pick, that's still fine with me
Got in on the Sooners at 7am and got 4

Unread postby Guest » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:43 pm

Sooners QB is terrible and Stoops got the shaft twice on an instant reply.
He must have banged a ref's wife or something
That dude is getting the shaft-------BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby swerb » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:08 pm

Adding a * to Georgia to make it a 3* play.

Also adding 1* plays on ...

1* Cal -6
1* Missouri +6
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:01 am

7-9 day, dropped $88. Day got off to a great start with my two big early plays (Wisconsin and Pitt) both cashing in.

YTD 43-33-1 (+$203)

3* 3-4
2* 9-6
1* 31-23-1
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby furls » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:44 am

11/22*s 50% for the week -11.

40/60, 67% for the season up 130.
furls