Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

07/09/14 - Indians Vs Yanks

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

07/09/14 - Indians Vs Yanks

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:26 pm

Swish with a 2-out, 2-run single to make it 3-0 Tribe in the first.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Re: 07/09/14 - Indians Vs Yanks

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:46 pm

The STO jinx officially responsible for Brantley K'ing in the 2nd.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:31 pm

Tomlin gives it up..... misses his location to Texeira by about 3 feet to serve up a meatball!
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:46 am

One bad pitch. Bummer.

I think I saw Atchison in an AARP commercial. He was drinking prune juice and complaining about his diabetes.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Pabo » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:13 pm

Zealous Wheeler goes deep. And that's that. Three out of four for the Yanks. The Indians won one more game than I ever dreamed they would. We'll get those Yanks next year!
Bottom 4th: Cleveland
- J. Kipnis grounded out to shortstop
- A. Cabrera doubled to deep left
- N. Swisher doubled to center, A. Cabrera scored
- J. Giambi doubled to deep right center, N. Swisher to third, N. Swisher out at home
- J. Giambi caught stealing, catcher to third

1 run, 3 hits, 0 errors
Pabo

Favorite Player: Jason Giambi
Least Favorite Player: Joe Haden

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Wow Pabo, you were wrong. THIS game is why I listen even when I get totally PO'd at the Tribe. The 7th inning is what I hope for every time I listen to these guys when they're losing. Just wishing they had a lot more of these games under their belts by now this year. They've lost too many they should have won.
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby Prosecutor » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:43 am

Cabrera with a bases loaded triple in a late inning clutch situation. Never thought I'd see that happen.

What is it with our backup catchers? Koutaris comes up and hits two dingers in his first game. Then Perez comes up and homers in his first game. Who else can we bring up?

Really needed that comeback win. Too bad Francona left Tomlin in to pitch to Texiera when he had thrown over 100 pitches and the stats show he consistently gets hammered the third time through the order. Bring in Scrabble there and we win three out of four. And yeah, I was calling for it in real time.

I just can't see this team running down the Tigers in the second half, not with House starting, Masterson with a knee problem, and Swisher getting regular playing time.

If Masterson's knee comes around with a couple weeks of rest, McAllister comes back 100%, and Kipnis and Swisher pick it up, I suppose we could make a run. The bullpen has been nails, Kluber has been great, and the offense is slowly picking up some steam. Dickerson has given the offense a shot in the arm after Bourn went down.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby scrambler » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:38 am

Prosecutor wrote:
Really needed that comeback win. Too bad Francona left Tomlin in to pitch to Texiera when he had thrown over 100 pitches and the stats show he consistently gets hammered the third time through the order. Bring in Scrabble there and we win three out of four. And yeah, I was calling for it in real time.

Your opinions on Tomlin may be right but you are just pulling stuff out of your ass in that paragraph. Tomlin pitched 7 innings and threw 96 pitches TOTAL! After Texiera he didn't get hammered third time through that game. He retired the last 7 hitters he faced after the home run in the 5th, 6th and 7th innings. His pitch to Texiera was likely closer to his 60th pitch than his 100th being he didn't even get to 100. HE got the team to the 8th inning tied. That was done by pitching well in the 6th and 7th innings by Tomlin....3rd and 4th time through.

that being said, I do generally agree on what you state about Tomlin, but you were way off base with what happened Wednesday.
scrambler

Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB