Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby Spin » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:10 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/bro ... dwi-070514

Josh Gordon is in trouble with the law, again. The Browns wide receiver was arrested for DWI in Raleigh, N.C, early Saturday morning, according to records from the Raleigh/Wake City-County Bureau of Identification.

What. A. Stupid. Fuck.
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2926
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby justmebd » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:22 pm

Spin wrote:http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/browns-wr-josh-gordon-arrested-for-dwi-070514

Josh Gordon is in trouble with the law, again. The Browns wide receiver was arrested for DWI in Raleigh, N.C, early Saturday morning, according to records from the Raleigh/Wake City-County Bureau of Identification.

What. A. Stupid. Fuck.

I have nothing to add to this. Well played.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby OldDawg » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:18 pm

The only surprise is that JFF wasn't with him. How did JFF miss this party? Maybe he'd simply rather party with Beiber than Gordon.

I sure woulda been pissed had the Browns traded Gordon after last season. However, give me a chance to weigh in on that decision now???
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
User avatar
OldDawg
 
Posts: 3884
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:05 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby scott » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:57 pm

Coming out of this last draft without a WR is absolutely baffling.
User avatar
scott
 
Posts: 1041
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:09 pm
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:48 am

Browns still have the Inner Circle in place? If so it's the time to get Gordon in there. Although I don't know if anything helps him
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2575
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby Spin » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:51 pm

It worked for David Modell
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2926
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 am

Pretty sure the Inner Circle is dead. Pretty sure the inner circle was pretty ineffective when I was a ballboy in the mid 80's.

Don Rogers died the day before I started from coke overdose at bachelor party attended by Hanford Dixon and numerous Browns. There's more to that than just Rogers deciding to try

Al Gross was arrested running naked and high through back yards, Kevin Mack was a mess, Chip Banks was Josh Gordon, and there were drug and alcohol issues throughout that locker room. I could speculate as to whom but would be guessing for the most part. But there were a load of dudes with issues.

Just different drugs these days. Same entitled knuckleheads.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22764
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby Spin » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:18 am

So, according to Roger Goodell, smoking a doobie is eight times as bad as beating the shit out of your wife. Really NFL, is he the best you can do???
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2926
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:00 am

Spin wrote:So, according to Roger Goodell, smoking a doobie is eight times as bad as beating the shit out of your wife. Really NFL, is he the best you can do???


This is a lazy argument.

I agree Rice should have gotten 4-8 games off, but Gordon is a frequent flier. And he added to the issues when he got the DUI on the heels of being called into the league office for the marijuana issues.

The NFL could have and should have come down a hell of a lot harder on Rice and established their views on violence against women, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with Gordon's prospective punishment.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22764
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby justmebd » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:54 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Spin wrote:So, according to Roger Goodell, smoking a doobie is eight times as bad as beating the shit out of your wife. Really NFL, is he the best you can do???


This is a lazy argument.

I agree Rice should have gotten 4-8 games off, but Gordon is a frequent flier. And he added to the issues when he got the DUI on the heels of being called into the league office for the marijuana issues.

The NFL could have and should have come down a hell of a lot harder on Rice and established their views on violence against women, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with Gordon's prospective punishment.

I don't disagree, but in the era of instant judgments, the NFL now looks like they are more permissive of wife-beating than they are of the gonja.

This could play in Gordon's favor in the sense he may not get a whole season now.

He's still a dumb fuck and Ray Rice needs to be taken to the woodshed.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:32 pm

The kid who brings a knife to school doesn't make the kid who was late 20 times any better.

The fact that Goodell thru a somewhat arbitrary (And in many opinions too light) sentence for spousal abuse has nothing do do with another player REPEATEDLY breaking a rule.

Don't wanna get a harsher sentence than a wife beater? Follow the rules.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby bookelly » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:45 pm

Based on the stories coming out, he might actually get away with the "hot" half of his test. His lawyers have a good case...and GODell is likely looking for a way to fix this.

Remember, the Browns are now the NFL's favorite baby with JFF (arguably the leagues biggest star) in the mix over here. Even without playing a snap. Suspending Gordon would hurt the team right as all eyes are on Cleveland...for multiple reasons.

Believe me, people I meet out here are really pulling for Cleveland to win a GD Championship. As a nation, we really like to pull for the underdogs. Better make room on the bandwagon peeps, there's gonna be a helluva lotta people around the world on board when our teams start winning. Its just a great story.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3512
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:17 am

Goodell brought this shit on himself by making Rice's punishment so light. Now, despite the letter of the law and punishment for 3rd offense substance abuse being spelled out in the CBA, he knows that whatever punishment he gives Gordon will be Wife Beater vs. Pot Smoker. The facts won't mean anything in the court of public opinion.

This might help Gordon get a lesser sentence than he probably deserves if the rules were followed to the T.

Throw in the minuscule amount the A sample was over and the B sample being under and the lawyers and the degree of error on the testing machines, Goodell might find himself in a must-capitulate circumstance.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4360
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:01 pm

Concerning Ray Rice - his penalty - and the fact it happened in a casino.

I'll throw this out there, if I'm a betting man, I'd bet Steven A, wasn't too far off. In other words, I'd bet ole' Ray's chick was giving it to him. Not saying it justifies anything, just saying it may explain the lighter sentence.

Cause there's no way in holy hell the ENTIRE thing wasn't on camera - and there's no way Goodell didn't see the entire incident.

It's the only way the ruling makes an ounce of sense.

In the end, what appears to be a soft ruling in the Rice deal may help Gordon.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:03 am

Second hand smoke, yo.

It's all coming together
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6499
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:32 am

and the waiting game continues...


Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter · 36m

Updating earlier post: Roger Goodell will be in Canton, Ohio on Fri. and now will meet with Browns WR Josh Gordon at sometime in next week.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2575
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:15 am

leadpipe wrote:Concerning Ray Rice - his penalty - and the fact it happened in a casino.

I'll throw this out there, if I'm a betting man, I'd bet Steven A, wasn't too far off. In other words, I'd bet ole' Ray's chick was giving it to him. Not saying it justifies anything, just saying it may explain the lighter sentence.

Cause there's no way in holy hell the ENTIRE thing wasn't on camera - and there's no way Goodell didn't see the entire incident.

It's the only way the ruling makes an ounce of sense.

In the end, what appears to be a soft ruling in the Rice deal may help Gordon.


Yeah, maybe. I'm sure it's on camera because everything there is on camera. I don't understand why we haven't seen it, though. I mean, how does something like that not leak out?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:20 am

Hikohadon wrote:Goodell brought this shit on himself by making Rice's punishment so light. Now, despite the letter of the law and punishment for 3rd offense substance abuse being spelled out in the CBA, he knows that whatever punishment he gives Gordon will be Wife Beater vs. Pot Smoker. The facts won't mean anything in the court of public opinion.

This might help Gordon get a lesser sentence than he probably deserves if the rules were followed to the T.

Throw in the minuscule amount the A sample was over and the B sample being under and the lawyers and the degree of error on the testing machines, Goodell might find himself in a must-capitulate circumstance.


Not to mention the apparently unreasonably small amount that gives a positive result. 10X less than WADA is kind of ridiculous.

I've been in the "The punishment for weed is ridiculous but that doesn't make Gordon any less of a dope" camp since the news, but I'm not so sure. The guy is tested every 3 days and had 70 negative tests before this "positive". I'm not an expert, but it does sound like second hand smoke might actually be a reasonable explanation.

We can argue about whether or not Gordon is an idiot for even being in a room where people are smoking (he is). But that doesn't change the possibility that Josh Gordon didn't actually DO anything. And we are talking about taking away a grown man's ability to make a living for a year based on him not doing anything in a room full of people you wish he wasn't friends with.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:01 am

Or he did not drink enough clean tea this time to dilute his urine.
User avatar
Love child of shawn kemp
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:37 am
Favorite Player: Corey KKKKKluber
Least Favorite Player: Domestic Violence

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:34 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
leadpipe wrote:Concerning Ray Rice - his penalty - and the fact it happened in a casino.

I'll throw this out there, if I'm a betting man, I'd bet Steven A, wasn't too far off. In other words, I'd bet ole' Ray's chick was giving it to him. Not saying it justifies anything, just saying it may explain the lighter sentence.

Cause there's no way in holy hell the ENTIRE thing wasn't on camera - and there's no way Goodell didn't see the entire incident.

It's the only way the ruling makes an ounce of sense.

In the end, what appears to be a soft ruling in the Rice deal may help Gordon.


Yeah, maybe. I'm sure it's on camera because everything there is on camera. I don't understand why we haven't seen it, though. I mean, how does something like that not leak out?


Because a casino NEVER would release video showing a big money customer, connected to a big money league, in a negative light unless forced by law. I GUARANTEE they have videos of professional athletes turning over tables and everything else under the sun, but the first employee that broaches the subject is out on the street.

Everyone is a SGT. Schultz if they wanna job.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby scrambler » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:24 pm

I hope it works for Josh. Hoyer really needs him on the field to be the first team all pro he is on his way to becoming.
scrambler
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 10:58 am
Location: Idaho
Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:32 pm

leadpipe wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
leadpipe wrote:Concerning Ray Rice - his penalty - and the fact it happened in a casino.

I'll throw this out there, if I'm a betting man, I'd bet Steven A, wasn't too far off. In other words, I'd bet ole' Ray's chick was giving it to him. Not saying it justifies anything, just saying it may explain the lighter sentence.

Cause there's no way in holy hell the ENTIRE thing wasn't on camera - and there's no way Goodell didn't see the entire incident.

It's the only way the ruling makes an ounce of sense.

In the end, what appears to be a soft ruling in the Rice deal may help Gordon.


Yeah, maybe. I'm sure it's on camera because everything there is on camera. I don't understand why we haven't seen it, though. I mean, how does something like that not leak out?


Because a casino NEVER would release video showing a big money customer, connected to a big money league, in a negative light unless forced by law. I GUARANTEE they have videos of professional athletes turning over tables and everything else under the sun, but the first employee that broaches the subject is out on the street.

Everyone is a SGT. Schultz if they wanna job.


I just figured that some putz somewhere would have gotten his hands on it somehow and sold it to TMZ. I know I would have. I'm an epic putz.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:38 pm

I just hope Josh's "You're just smelling the second hand smoke/it was my friends' pot" defense plays better than it did for me with my parents in an Ohio living room in 1999.
Dellucci TailGator
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:09 pm
Favorite Player: Derek Lilliquist
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:46 pm

Dellucci TailGator wrote:I just hope Josh's "You're just smelling the second hand smoke/it was my friends' pot" defense plays better than it did for me with my parents in an Ohio living room in 1999.


I'll bet your A and B sample results would have been higher than 16 and 13.6. I haven't smoked in years and I'll bet mine's still higher if I was tested right now.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:50 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Dellucci TailGator wrote:I just hope Josh's "You're just smelling the second hand smoke/it was my friends' pot" defense plays better than it did for me with my parents in an Ohio living room in 1999.


I'll bet your A and B sample results would have been higher than 16 and 13.6. I haven't smoked in years and I'll bet mine's still higher if I was tested right now.


Touche.

All of the Browns' actions in this now make more sense in hindsight given those numbers.
Dellucci TailGator
 
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:09 pm
Favorite Player: Derek Lilliquist
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:18 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:and the waiting game continues...


Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter · 36m

Updating earlier post: Roger Goodell will be in Canton, Ohio on Fri. and now will meet with Browns WR Josh Gordon at sometime in next week.



The appeal is today and is done without Goodell. He's still meeting with Gordon next week. Part of that will focus on the DUI which will NOT be considered in the weed appeal.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22764
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:59 am

It sounds like the most likely scenario is that Gordon gets some sort of compromise and doesn't have to serve the full season. Basically, Gordon will get suspended for however many games it takes to not look like a bunch of idiots in the wake of the Ray Rice debacle, why also not looking inconsistent with their drug policy enforcement.

Personally, I think it's impossible. They are going to look stupid no matter what they do.

I put the O/U at 6 games.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby jerryroche » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:55 am

IF his claims appear to be valid to The League, six games sounds about right.
jerryroche
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:54 pm
Location: Strongsville, Ohio
Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby Lubber » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:57 am

My league sources are telling me it will be a 4 game suspension.
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:46 pm

I'll take the over on that (6 games). Prob the whole 16, but no less than 8.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4360
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:42 pm

Lubber wrote:My league sources are telling me it will be a 4 game suspension.


Seriously? Or just yanking everyone's chain?

'Cause with King Rodger trying to explain the Ray Rice decision and all of the "follow the rules" quotes, I see Gordon banned. Hope I'm wrong.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3711
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:23 pm

I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3711
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:40 pm

It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4360
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:30 pm

Whatever happens, the line JG is walking is incredibly impressive.

The A & B samples being either just over or under the allowable levels and the way this Raleigh DUI at .09 is going to be fought?

Jesus. I'm actually more afraid of what happens to the kid if he walks away free on both these things. That said, I can see between 4-6 on the weed and nothing on the DUI when the breathalyzer calibration is argued.

And had Lubber's "league source" mentioned the hearing being continued, I'd have given it some merit.

But these days there ain't a swinging dick on a message board that AIN'T got sources or at least that thinks they do.

Yawn.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22764
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:38 pm

peeker643 wrote:Whatever happens, the line JG is walking is incredibly impressive.

The A & B samples being either just over or under the allowable levels and the way this Raleigh DUI at .09 is going to be fought?

Jesus. I'm actually more afraid of what happens to the kid if he walks away free on both these things. That said, I can see between 4-6 on the weed and nothing on the DUI when the breathalyzer calibration is argued.

And had Lubber's "league source" mentioned the hearing being continued, I'd have given it some merit.

But these days there ain't a swinging dick on a message board that AIN'T got sources or at least that thinks they do.

Yawn.


The problem isn't the swinging dick on the message boards with a "source" - those guys have been around since this thing was invented. The problem is that the message board guy's swinging dick is apparently the same one that "Legitimate" media is now swinging.

Lubber's source is worse than (insert anyone from mainstream media's name here)'s source? Hard to tell.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6626
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby justmebd » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:00 pm

Was I the only one who kept yelling "SHUT THE FUCK UP" everytime Goodell tried to defend Ray Rice?

The Arbitrator should just throw the whole thing out as a complete FU to Goodell.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: How to piss away a pro career. By Josh Gordon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:36 am

justmebd wrote:Was I the only one who kept yelling "SHUT THE FUCK UP" everytime Goodell tried to defend Ray Rice?

The Arbitrator should just throw the whole thing out as a complete FU to Goodell.


You mean the Arbitrator that was appointed by Goodell? ;-) ;) :wink:
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4360
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin


Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests