Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

5QF

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

5QF

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:50 pm

1. Who's your favorite professional athlete with the first name Barkevious?

2. You can keep two and only two of the following: your memory, your penis, your sanity, your asshole (think colostomy bag), your dignity, your hands. Which two are you keeping?

3. The best decade for movies & music was the _____s, exemplified by these three movies: _____, _____, _____ and these three musical artists: _____, _____, _____. The worst decade for movies & music was the _____s, exemplified by these three movies: _____, _____, _____, and these three musical artists: _____, _____, _____.

4. What are the best four cities in the US to live that have populations below 345K?

5. In five words or less--no, make that five words EXACTLY--do your best to explain WTF happened here.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: 5QF

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:21 pm

1. Who's your favorite professional athlete with the first name Barkevious? Barkevious Jones.

2. You can keep two and only two of the following: your memory, your penis, your sanity, your asshole (think colostomy bag), your dignity, your hands. Which two are you keeping? Penis and hands, since neither is worth having without the other.

3. The best decade for movies & music was the 70's, exemplified by these three movies: The Godfather, A Clockwork Orange, Jaws and these three musical artists: Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd. The worst decade for movies & music was the 2000's, exemplified by these three movies: Twilight, Transformers, The Fast and the Furious, and these three musical artists: Nickelback, Papa Roach, Britney Spears.

4. What are the best four cities in the US to live that have populations below 345K? Well, that's a bitch of a question. Eugene, OR, Madison, WI, Monterrey, CA, St. Louis, MO.

5. In five words or less--no, make that five words EXACTLY--do your best to explain WTF happened here. Apathy and Twitter castrated it.
Last edited by Hikohadon on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:25 pm

HoodooMan wrote:1. Who's your favorite professional athlete with the first name Barkevious?

2. You can keep two and only two of the following: your memory, your penis, your sanity, your asshole (think colostomy bag), your dignity, your hands. Which two are you keeping?

3. The best decade for movies & music was the _____s, exemplified by these three movies: _____, _____, _____ and these three musical artists: _____, _____, _____. The worst decade for movies & music was the _____s, exemplified by these three movies: _____, _____, _____, and these three musical artists: _____, _____, _____.

4. What are the best four cities in the US to live that have populations below 345K?

5. In five words or less--no, make that five words EXACTLY--do your best to explain WTF happened here.

1. Barkevious O'Hallahan, turn of the century Welsh golfer.
2. Penis and hands. I think the reasoning is obvious.
3. The 1970's. I'm not naming movies and artists. But there is no arguing either.
4. Unalaska AK, Nothing AZ, Bald Knob AR and Idiot Creek, OR
5. What do you mean, dude?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:44 pm

I'd say that's some slackin-ass 5QF participation, peeker, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're pacing yourself and planning on filling in the rest over the next several Fridays.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:51 pm

HoodooMan wrote:I'd say that's some slackin-ass 5QF participation, peeker, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're pacing yourself and planning on filling in the rest over the next several Fridays.

You know better than that.

Though it's not like this thread will get pushed down the pages in that time.

I liken this place now to a party line phone like was popular back in the late 70's and 80's. Talk to four or five folks when you want to and occasionally someone else pops up on the line.

I guess that's more than five words but you could say that's my answer for #5.

ETA- I miss JB & Lee.

Not enough to participate elsewhere (although, truth be told, I actually did register but have already forgotten what must have been my very elaborate password).

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:05 pm

1. I'm a Barkevious Arkansas guy, myself. That guy'll play the shit outta some cards and putt putt.

2. They may take our memory! They may take our sanity! But they'll never take our penis and hands!!! (:MelGibson)...serious answer: memory & sanity

3. The best decade for movies & music was the 60s, exemplified by these three movies: 8 1/2, Once Upon a Time in the West, Dr Strangelove... and these three musical artists: Jimi, Miles Davis, Lightnin Hopkins. The worst decade for movies & music was the 80s, exemplified by these three movies: ET, Back to the Future, Top Gun, and these three musical artists: Journey, Wham, Whoever the fuck did Come On Eileen. (Note: I don't actually hate those 80s movies; I just think they're representative of what 80s movies were.)

4. Portland, ME is the clear winner for me for places I've already been. I suspect Asheville, NC would be next. Then probably Savannah, GA & Charleston, SC despite them being hotter n' shit.

5. I HAVE NO IDEA, OK!

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:08 pm

peeker643 wrote:I liken this place now to a party line phone like was popular back in the late 70's and 80's. Talk to four or five folks when you want to and occasionally someone else pops up on the line.

When you mother tries calling you, does she get a voicemail that screams, "DAMMIT, MOM, STOP IT WITH THE OBSOLETE TECHNOLOGY, ALREADY!!!"? : )

(And edit that shit out about JB & e0, before they pop back in here and get all bigheaded about it.)

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:11 pm

HoodooMan wrote:1. Who's your favorite professional athlete with the first name Barkevious?

1. Gotta go with our guy. Tried to Google the name to come up with a clever response other than Mingo and no luck.

2. Penis, one hand and half of my mind = 2. I am guessing dignity and colostomy are mutually exclusive. My aplogies to anyone here that shits in a bag. Kid in elementary school had the pee bag and reeked of piss all the time.

3. Too hard to think that much although I always say I could have easily loved being a hippie in the 60's. Peace, Love and Weed.

4. Kiawah Island, SC; Ojai, CA; anywhere in CO; Some small town in the Smokeys near Gatlinburg

5. Video killed the radio star.

PS: Dexy's Midnight Runners did Come On Eileen.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:48 am

HoodooMan wrote:
peeker643 wrote:I liken this place now to a party line phone like was popular back in the late 70's and 80's. Talk to four or five folks when you want to and occasionally someone else pops up on the line.

When you mother tries calling you, does she get a voicemail that screams, "DAMMIT, MOM, STOP IT WITH THE OBSOLETE TECHNOLOGY, ALREADY!!!"? : )

Answering machine

(And edit that shit out about JB & e0, before they pop back in here and get all bigheaded about it.)

That's what'll push them from appropriately confident to bigheaded?

BTW, were I serious about your cities, Charleston and Savannah would definitely be high on the list as would Annapolis, MD. But you better be rolling with some fat stacks of cash if you want to live in any of those places well enough to enjoy them.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:31 pm

Savannah's an awesome town, but just too damn hot. Same (even more so) could be said for New Orleans, which is probably right around that 345 mark. I just can't do the heat/humidity thing again.
Hikohadon

Unread postby HoodooMan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Savannah's an awesome town, but just too damn hot. Same (even more so) could be said for New Orleans, which is probably right around that 345 mark. I just can't do the heat/humidity thing again.

Nope, New Orleans is at 369K. (Honolulu was the one I dipped under to get to 345.)

I'm not sure I'd ever want to tolerate those 5 months of misery, either, but 7 months of awfully nice is probably still better than most of the small cities in the US. (I haven't been to Madison, though, and from what I've heard I imagine that's another good option.)

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:10 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Savannah's an awesome town, but just too damn hot. Same (even more so) could be said for New Orleans, which is probably right around that 345 mark. I just can't do the heat/humidity thing again.

Nope, New Orleans is at 369K. (Honolulu was the one I dipped under to get to 345.)

I'm not sure I'd ever want to tolerate those 5 months of misery, either, but 7 months of awfully nice is probably still better than most of the small cities in the US. (I haven't been to Madison, though, and from what I've heard I imagine that's another good option.)

The three months of 120 degree heat in Arizona was SO WORTH IT for the Seven Months of PERFECT weather and barely two months of "chilly."

There's one or two people out there who I keep holding out hope will call me one day with a job I just can't refuse and allow me to move back out there.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:50 am

Hikohadon wrote: I just can't do the heat/humidity thing again.

It took a few years, but I'm acclimated now. I can't remember how I did 7 months of winter and no sun.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:26 am

Erie Warrior wrote:

It took a few years, but I'm acclimated now. I can't remember how I did 7 months of winter and no sun.

I was in Miami a few years, and it just kept getting worse.

Heat, I can handle. Arizona, yes, HOT in the summer, but cools off at night. It's the humidity that gets me, really.

And 7 months of winter? What, do we live on the Arctic Circle? 3 solid months of winter with 2 months (November and March) that can be fickle. 1, maybe 1.5 months where it's too hot (August, parts of July and September). The rest is nice.*

*This does not preclude me from moving back to the west coast 10 minutes after my middle daughter graduates.
Hikohadon

Unread postby hebner20 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:37 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:

I agree totally. I like the warm/hot temperatures so it was a natural for me. What was the worst was the 25 days out of a month that it was cloudy several months a year. If we get 3 rainy cloudy days in a row I freak out and then remember that was a good week up in the cloud belt. It was right for me but many people don't like high temps so I get it. Move to louisville or Lexington and you will get more sun and the summer won't be unbearable and the winter will be much milder.

:cheers:
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:20 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:

I still think July & August in Cleveland are miserable, so anytime that acclimation thing wants to kick in for me, that'd be great.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:59 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:

I still think July & August in Cleveland are miserable, so anytime that acclimation thing wants to kick in for me, that'd be great.

DING!

During the winter, I can bundle up and ski and snowmobile and sled ride. During July and August I can... stay inside and crank up the AC.

If I end up staying east of the Rockies, I'm moving north, not south.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:00 am

HoodooMan wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:

DING!

During the winter, I can bundle up and ski and snowmobile and sled ride. During July and August I can... stay inside and crank up the AC.

If I end up staying east of the Rockies, I'm moving north, not south.
Hikohadon

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL