Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Indians Prospect Countdown

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Indians Prospect Countdown

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:24 pm

Everyone,
Wanted to crowdsource this as best as possible. How many Indians prospects do you actually care about? I usually do a top-50 or even top-60 countdown in March, but do people really read/care about the bottom half of the list? If so, great, I'll keep doing it as I have been. But if not, I can spend more time on a top 20 or 30, and also have time to look more at other things besides the minors in the month or two to follow. If your answer is "none," that's ok too. Just trying to figure out if I'm wasting my time on the back half of the prospect list on something no one cares that much about.

Any/all feedback is appreciated.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Indians Prospect Countdown

Unread postby Believeland » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:35 pm

Top 20 or 30 sounds good to me. Perhaps a few comments about the 30-50 guys but nothing extensive.
Believeland

Favorite Player: Joey Belle
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Unread postby pup » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:20 pm

Agreed.

In depth top 20ish and just list 2X-50
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:56 pm

Thanks fellas. Leaning towards a top-30 with a seperate "just missed" article.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:46 pm

100 is a nice round number. You should do that.

If you're a wierdo and have something against nice round numbers...maybe do a top 31. That was Steve Comer's number (also Mr. Kitain's)

According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:34 am

gotribe31 wrote:Thanks fellas. Leaning towards a top-30 with a seperate "just missed" article.

On the nosy!

What about an all-catcher article, being it's the most important position on the field?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby gotribe31 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:59 pm

For anyone who's interested, I started the countdown today over on The DiaTribe. Ended up going with 40, because there were 39 guys I wanted to write about so just rounded it up to 40. Congrats to Gio Soto for being Mr. Irrelevant. http://www.clevelandtribeblog.blogspot. ... ystem.html

Erie, don't tempt me. I actually will do a catcher-only article sometime in April after I've had a chance to talk with some of them and see Mejia, who I've been getting RAVE reviews on. Plus I have to talk to Wally, which is always one of my favorite things to do in Spring Training.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:12 am

Solid as usual. I watched Morimando play a few times down here. Kyle Crockett is a local as well.

gotribe31 wrote:Despite the young age, Morimando was still able to feature an 80-grade moustache last year.

Solid Gold.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:47 am

Erie Warrior wrote:Solid as usual. I watched Morimando play a few times down here. Kyle Crockett is a local as well.

gotribe31 wrote:Despite the young age, Morimando was still able to feature an 80-grade moustache last year.

Solid Gold.

Thanks. I actually haven't seen Crockett pitch. For all of the 2013 draftees, I'm going off video and the word of others that have seen them.

In retrospect, that's probably a 70 moustache. Eric Berger is an 80. Morimando's plays up due to his age and has 80 potential, but it's a current 7.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB