Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

B-Pro Top 10 Indians Prospects

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

B-Pro Top 10 Indians Prospects

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:56 am

The outstanding Jason Parks wrote up his Indians Top 10 list for B-Pro today. Related, I paid for a subscription to B-Pro today.

1. Francisco Lindor
2. Clint Frazier
3. Tyler Naquin
4. Cody Anderson
5. Francisco Mejia
6. Jose Ramirez
7. Ronny Rodriguez
8. Dorssys Paulino
9. Joe Wendle
10. Dace Kime

Under weaknesses for Lindor, Parks wrote "doesn't play for your team". Says Lindor will be a 15-year fixture in the Majors.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: B-Pro Top 10 Indians Prospects

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:57 am

Was surprised he had Naquin at 3, as he's never been a big fan. Shows both how Naquin made some real strides in his development this year, and how the system's first tier drops off after the top two.

I love Francisco Mejia.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:09 am

I was excited to read about Mejia as well. The Indians may not draft well, but they've plucked some very good talent out of the Dominican Republic and Venezuela.

The reports on Paulino and Parks's follow-up to the "makeup concerns" part when I asked him on Twitter were disappointing. I know he's only 19, so I'll give him time to grow out of it, but I was hoping he'd be a decent trade chip if need be. Raw power but not a whole lot other than that.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:45 pm

While the org is not top-10 overall, one interesting thing to note is that every single one of Parks' top-10 position player prospects (all 8) are up the middle guys. If you want to extend that to the "prospects on the rise" section, then it becomes 9 out of 10 with only Anthony Santander being a corner guy. Those can turn into vaulable trade chips, more so than a bat-only 1B or corner OF.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby NH Tribe Fan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:27 pm

Yeah cause bat only players in a corner spot like Manny and Jim Thome were such horrible draft picks.

I'd like us to have a couple mashers especially in the OF in the pipeline instead of 2b types.
NH Tribe Fan

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:40 pm

NH Tribe Fan wrote:Yeah cause bat only players in a corner spot like Manny and Jim Thome were such horrible draft picks.

I'd like us to have a couple mashers especially in the OF in the pipeline instead of 2b types.

I think you misunderstand. Am I saying I'd rather have a run of the mill 2B prospect than a masher like Manny? No, no I would not. But players move outside on the diamond, not in. Thome was drafted as a SS, for example. He had to move off of SS to 3B when his bat proved to be far more projectable than his glove. But Thome as a SS would've been more valuable than Thome as a 3B, and both are more valuable than Thome as a 1B (let alone DH).

Since it's not an either/or proposition, I'm glad they have an abundance of guys who are currently up the middle, and most have the chops to stick there defensively. Does that make sense?
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:17 pm

^^^^^ Yes.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:07 am

Lindor a concensus top-10 guy. Frazier top-40. BP/Parks thinks Frazier will be a top-10 guy next year. Talent really is off the charts. Question is more how he can/will adapt to pro ball and being truly challenged for the first time in his life.

Really, really encouraged about everything I'm hearing on Naquin this offseason. People who were really down on him last year are now singing his praises. Had a guy tell me earlier this week that he sees a .280-.310 hitter with above-average D in CF for 10 years in the majors.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:10 am

Whats the consensus on where Lindor resides after camp, Akron or Cbus? I figure he starts in Akron , but is playing in Cbus before the end of the season.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:37 am

gotribe31 wrote:Lindor a concensus top-10 guy. Frazier top-40. BP/Parks thinks Frazier will be a top-10 guy next year. Talent really is off the charts. Question is more how he can/will adapt to pro ball and being truly challenged for the first time in his life.

Really, really encouraged about everything I'm hearing on Naquin this offseason. People who were really down on him last year are now singing his praises. Had a guy tell me earlier this week that he sees a .280-.310 hitter with above-average D in CF for 10 years in the majors.

The only critique on Frazier I saw from his debut was his HUGE number of strikeouts. With his absurd power, though, might be acceptable. Eventually he's gonna have to learn to be patient at the plate as he progresses and pitchers try to make him swing at stuff out of his zone.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:16 am

Govbarney wrote:Whats the consensus on where Lindor resides after camp, Akron or Cbus? I figure he starts in Akron , but is playing in Cbus before the end of the season.

Hopefully starts the season in Akron and ends in Cleveland after Asdrubal is traded.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:52 am

Govbarney wrote:Whats the consensus on where Lindor resides after camp, Akron or Cbus? I figure he starts in Akron , but is playing in Cbus before the end of the season.

My guess would be he starts in Akron, plays there until about mid-May/early June, moves up to Columbus until September and then gets a cup of coffee in The Show when rosters expand. With Jose Ramirez and Aviles behind Cabrera, they're not going to rush Lindor at all.

Maybe he learns on the job if we suck and trade Asdrubal in July, but I don't think that happens.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB