Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Moving the Super Bowl???

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Moving the Super Bowl???

Unread postby Spin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:09 pm

Modern football fans are PANSIES. All this whining and crying about the weather at the Super Bowl, seriously? Cleveland use to fill the old stadium for playoff games in a lot worse weather than anything they're going to have in NYC.

So, it's OK to play the conference championship games in the elements, but the Super Bowl has to be played in perfect conditions? This is football, not baseball. Part of football is the elements, always has been.

It's ironic, hockey has started playing outside, even in blizzards (which is cool as hell), and the NFL wants its games indoors or in the tropics.

"Move the Super Bowl"? How about "grow a pair". end of rant (for now)
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Moving the Super Bowl???

Unread postby bookelly » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:38 pm

WTF did they expect scheduling the game in NYC in early February? I've heard it would have to be a cataclysm to move the game. No worries mates.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:51 pm

It's an event more than a game. Clearly.

For many of the same reasons they didn't hold the Chicago hosted World's Fair in February.

Not sure it makes someone a "pussy" for not wanting to spend a 10,000 dollar weekend in some slush filled freezer, or want a true representation of the game.

And yes, a True representation of the game is good conditions. If you don't believe this, go ahead and look at EVERY game over the last 10 years and tell me the % having NY February conditions. Whether one likes it or not is besides the point, it's just how it is.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:25 pm

Is somebody talking about moving the Super Bowl?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Spin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:25 am

They'd talking about moving it to a different date, like Saturday or Monday. Like that's going to make a he'll of a lot of difference.

If i want to watch a game in pristine conditions and turf with no dirt or mud, where athletes can showcase a full vertical passing game ill watch arena fucking football. Or the Pro Bowl. I have no interest in fake showtime BS.

They don't play pro golf tournaments on simple par 3 practice courses inside domes.

One of the most talked about games in NIL history was the Ice Bowl. Today that would be a fucking disaster.

meh
Spin

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:20 am

Spin wrote:They'd talking about moving it to a different date, like Saturday or Monday. Like that's going to make a he'll of a lot of difference.

If i want to watch a game in pristine conditions and turf with no dirt or mud, where athletes can showcase a full vertical passing game ill watch arena fucking football. Or the Pro Bowl. I have no interest in fake showtime BS.

They don't play pro golf tournaments on simple par 3 practice courses inside domes.

One of the most talked about games in NIL history was the Ice Bowl. Today that would be a fucking disaster.

meh

You're watching arena football every GD week.

If you're watching.

And can't you find a better analogy then GOLF? Good holy Christ, I can't think of an outdoor sport more synonomous with sunny days and pristine conditions. And too my point, they don't play golf....or surf, in NY in February. For more than logical reasons.

Meh.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:36 am

This is going to sound crazy, but you know how this shit can be avoided? Don't schedule it in NYC at all.

Keep it in five or six cities and shut the fuck up about fairness and everyone deserving a Super Bowl. That's horseshit.

Keep it in destination cities that can handle it.

How come no one bitches about Cleveland or NYC not having the BCS title game or the Rose Bowl?

It's not fair that Cleveland doesn't have the opportunity to host the Daytona 500 either. I want there here, godammit. And the fucking cliff diving championships too. Sick of Acapulco always having that.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Spin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:05 pm

leadpipe wrote:
Spin wrote:They'd talking about moving it to a different date, like Saturday or Monday. Like that's going to make a he'll of a lot of difference.

meh

If you're watching.

And can't you find a better analogy then GOLF? Good holy Christ, I can't think of an outdoor sport more synonomous with sunny days and pristine conditions. And too my point, they don't play golf....or surf, in NY in February. For more than logical reasons.

Meh.

The "good" golf courses are the most challenging. Image That's what I meant.

Fuck it. Wrong crowd here I guess. You guys enjoy the glitz and glamor, I'll enjoy some REAL football in the Super Blow for a change.
Spin

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:12 pm

Spin wrote:
leadpipe wrote:

meh

If you're watching.

Meh.

The "good" golf courses are the most challenging. Image That's what I meant.

Fuck it. Wrong crowd here I guess. You guys enjoy the glitz and glamor, I'll enjoy some REAL football in the Super Blow for a change.

Aaand there it is. You could set your watch.

You guys enjoy the glitz and glamour while I WATCH SOME REAL FOOTBALL.

That guy.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Spin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:17 pm

leadpipe wrote:Aaand there it is. You could set your watch.

You guys enjoy the glitz and glamour while I WATCH SOME REAL FOOTBALL.

That guy.

Hello, that's what I've been saying all along. What's the problem (other than you guys can't accept someone having a different opinion than your own). Why bother?
Spin

Unread postby Spin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:23 pm

peeker643 wrote:How come no one bitches about Cleveland or NYC not having the BCS title game or the Rose Bowl?

That opens up a whole different can of worms that has been hashed over many times. Not only because of the northern teams not being able to use their regular climate to their advantage if they deserve home field advantage, but also because these games often become "home games" for the opponent.

But there's no point in trying to discuss that here. :pb:
Spin

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Spin wrote:
peeker643 wrote:How come no one bitches about Cleveland or NYC not having the BCS title game or the Rose Bowl?

That opens up a whole different can of worms that has been hashed over many times. Not only because of the northern teams not being able to use their regular climate to their advantage if they deserve home field advantage, but also because these games often become "home games" for the opponent.

Which of these players have the advantage of having played a February cold-weather championship game at the NFL, college, high school, middle school, grade school or Pop Warner level? For that matter, which of the all-time greats who never won a title were robbed of that advantage?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:24 am

peeker643 wrote:
Spin wrote:

Which of these players have the advantage of having played a February cold-weather championship game at the NFL, college, high school, middle school, grade school or Pop Warner level? For that matter, which of the all-time greats who never won a title were robbed of that advantage?

Over roughly the last 20 years - here are your Super Bowl Champions;

GB, Den, Den, St. Louis, Balt, NE, TB, NE, NE, Pitt, Indy, NY, Pitt, NO, GB, NY and Balt.

Noting that the two southern teams, TB beat a warm weather Oakland squad and NO beat a dome team.

This data CLEARLY shows how the Northern teams are getting royally screwed by being forced to play in a warm climate. Scratch my previous posts. Alaska 2015.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:07 am

peeker643 wrote:

If you play in the B1G you often play in wintery weather in November and sometimes October. As a season ticket holder of a northern college team, trust me, I know. That changes your whole gameplan, and how you recruit. When a yeam from the south or west coast comes here, you have a home field advantage. It's the same with the AFC North and the outdoor NFC North teams.

The best example I have is when the LA Rams went to Minnesota every year for the NFCC (long before the Baggiedome). They were fucked.
Spin

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:12 am

What evidence do you have that it changes how you recruit?

Do you think Urbs passes on a recruit he like because of the possibility of cold games in November? Do you think his offense would be different if he was coaching LSU?
Last edited by motherscratcher on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:12 am

peeker643 wrote:

If you play in the B1G you often play in wintery weather in November and sometimes October. As a season ticket holder of a northern college team, trust me, I know. That changes your whole gameplan, and how you recruit.

I get it, it's all about the show, the commercials, the halftime show, the celebrities. That don't make it right.
Spin

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:17 am

Spin wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

If you play in the B1G you often play in wintery weather in November and sometimes October. As a season ticket holder of a northern college team, trust me, I know. That changes your whole gameplan, and how you recruit.

I get it, it's all about the show, the commercials, the halftime show, the celebrities. That don't make it right.

I guess I'm confused as to what has you so upset. What's the problem again?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:19 am

motherscratcher wrote:What evidence do you have that it changes how you recruit?

Do you think Urbs passes on a recruit he like because of the possibility of cold games in November? Do you think his offense would be different if he was coaching LSU?

Probably not as much as in the NFL, where the AFC North and the NFC North are known as ":smash mouth" divisions. In the NFL (where I started the whole thread) you play more games in the cold, especially if you have HFA in the playoffs.

I still believe the better team should have HFA in the NFL championship game. The weather conditions is one reason why. But the $uper Bowl is too much a money machine. I get it.

Pro sports aren't often about being fair. I don't have to like that.
Spin

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:20 am

motherscratcher wrote:I guess I'm confused as to what has you so upset. What's the problem again?

Spin

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:23 am

Spin wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:What evidence do you have that it changes how you recruit?

Probably not as much as in the NFL, where the AFC North and the NFC North are known as ":smash mouth" divisions. In the NFL (where I started the whole thread) you play more games in the cold, especially if you have HFA in the playoffs.

I still believe the better team should have HFA in the NFL championship game. The weather conditions is one reason why. But the $uper Bowl is too much a money machine. I get it.

You're the one who brought up recruiting.

And I'd suggest that the AF north isn't and hasn't been a "smash mouth" division in a decade. I get it that the defenses have been good and tough, but I think it's a leap to imply that it's somehow due to the weather.

You just seem bizarrely upset about something.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:27 am

Spin wrote:

Well, now you have an argument - that is HFA for the best record. However, this is a TOTALLY different argument than the one placing today's neutral field Super Bowl. Hell, if you got a HFA rule this argument might never come up. But they don't. So why place a game of choice in shitty weather?

And again, a point you seem to don't get - with modern snow removal, stadiums, domes etc. THE GREAT MAJORITY OF GAMES are played under at least good, but more so very good and excellent conditions. Now you are going to subject the players of THE BIGGEST GAME to conditions they rarely play in. And yes, that included the teams from the North.

It's ridiculous. I don't want an abomination. I wanna see the true winner of the best two teams left.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:27 am

Spin wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:I guess I'm confused as to what has you so upset. What's the problem again?

You can face palm all you want. You're the one who is apparently super pissed at the meer thought of the extremely unlikely event that they move the time of the Super Bowl in the face of serious weather conditions. Even though it's about as unlikely as moving it out of New Orleans because of a freak February hurricane one year. And you're the one presenting yourselves as the lone admirer of snow football.

Seriously, the level that you are upset about this is kind of strange.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:30 am

motherscratcher wrote:
Spin wrote:

You're the one who brought up recruiting.

And I'd suggest that the AF north isn't and hasn't been a "smash mouth" division in a decade. I get it that the defenses have been good and tough, but I think it's a leap to imply that it's somehow due to the weather.

You just seem bizarrely upset about something.

There's a word for "smashmouth" teams in pro football 2013.

Stupid.

That same word could be applied to Urban Meyer should he worry about recruits from Fla and Texas cause a how they might get cold.

This thread is getting funny.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:19 pm

leadpipe wrote:And again, a point you seem to don't get - with modern snow removal, stadiums, domes etc. THE GREAT MAJORITY OF GAMES are played under at least good, but more so very good and excellent conditions. Now you are going to subject the players of THE BIGGEST GAME to conditions they rarely play in. And yes, that included the teams from the North.

It's ridiculous. I don't want an abomination. I wanna see the true winner of the best two teams left.

So let's play the World Series in the Trop this year, Minute Maid next year, Dodger the next year, Chase the year after...
Spin

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:26 pm

Spin wrote:
leadpipe wrote:And again, a point you seem to don't get - with modern snow removal, stadiums, domes etc. THE GREAT MAJORITY OF GAMES are played under at least good, but more so very good and excellent conditions. Now you are going to subject the players of THE BIGGEST GAME to conditions they rarely play in. And yes, that included the teams from the North.

So let's play the World Series in the Trop this year, Minute Maid next year, Dodger the next year, Chase the year after...

If you don't understand the difference between baseball and football, and regionality of the former, I'm not sure what to tell you. But that is a ridiculous comparison.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:41 pm

motherscratcher wrote:You can face palm all you want. You're the one who is apparently super pissed at the meer thought of the extremely unlikely event that they move the time of the Super Bowl in the face of serious weather conditions. Even though it's about as unlikely as moving it out of New Orleans because of a freak February hurricane one year. And you're the one presenting yourselves as the lone admirer of snow football.

Seriously, the level that you are upset about this is kind of strange.

Not really, I posted my opinion, and you guys keep trying to argue an,

opinion.

The fact that you are still arguing an opinion, for whatever reason, doesn't mean I'm pissed about it. Hell on another social medium it was 75% who agreed and 25% who didn't agree. Nobody drug it out this long. That only happens here and I can't put my finger on why.
Spin

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:48 pm

motherscratcher wrote:If you don't understand the difference between baseball and football, and regionality of the former, I'm not sure what to tell you. But that is a ridiculous comparison.

I fully understand that baseball is suppose to be played in good conditions, and that they have rain delays and rain outs. Even games moved to other cities because of snow.

Yet, the World Series isn't played in late October in warm weather neutral sites.

So, football is suppose to be played in pristin conditions. Let's build a dome, put one in Philadelphia, New York, Pittsburgh, and everywhere else the game was affected by the weather this year. Plastic turf for everyone!!! You can even still call it football if you want to. If that costs too much, we can downsize.

Might as well.

Just my opinion though. I haven't heard anything here to "come around" yet. All I see is the game bastardized for dollars. And I don't have to like that.
Spin

Unread postby jerryroche » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:09 pm

IMHO, within 20 years, every NFL game will be played indoors on composite turf with the thermostat set at 72 degrees. The league has been trending that way for at least 20 years. Owners or municipalities that cannot afford an indoor facility will be without an NFL team in short order. It's inevitable.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Bernie-Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Ratlisberger

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:13 pm

A few years from now, when message board archeologists are looking into the death of "The Cleveland Browns and NFL Forum" on TCF, they will most likely point to this thread as the catalyst.

BTW, those who bemoan the inequity of the NFL or major college athletics could simply follow an FCS or nice little DIII team where there is a playoff system and there are no domes and teams play out in the elements because no one (ESPN) gives a shit about a Wisconsin Whitewater vs. Mary Hardin Baylor matchup.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Christ Almighty, it's like I'm sittin' here playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'.

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:13 pm

mattvan1 wrote:A few years from now, when message board archeologists are looking into the death of "The Cleveland Browns and NFL Forum" on TCF, they will most likely point to this thread as the catalyst.

You can't pin that one on me. I was gone for several months and when I came back half the posters had disappeared. I don't know why.
Spin

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:16 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Christ Almighty, it's like I'm sittin' here playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'.

Arguing someone's opinion with no basis of why they should change it will do that...

OTOH there's not much else to talk about today.

How sports car racing was NASCARized.
Why the Devils are the home team against the Rangers at Yankee Stadium.
Who the Cavs are going to not draft this year.

meh
Spin

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:40 pm

Spin wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:A few years from now, when message board archeologists are looking into the death of "The Cleveland Browns and NFL Forum" on TCF, they will most likely point to this thread as the catalyst.

You can't pin that one on me. I was gone for several months and when I came back half the posters had disappeared. I don't know why.

Actually, you pretty much could.

If you were still gone, this ridiculous thread would cease to exist.

Lastly, the opinion IS subjective. You want it in NY. Fine. Others don't. But as you cull this thread and list the reasons you use to support your stance....Christ, that's where you are getting yourself in trouble.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:55 pm

Gotcha.

No discussing opinions on a sports forum unless everyone agrees.
Spin

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:00 am

Spin wrote:

Then please explain to me why the '80 Browns didn't beat the pants off of the Raiders during a day that should have heavily favored Cleveland as far as weather conditions?

You're forgetting that the Super Bowl is more of an event for the NFL than a championship game. It's the weekend for them to wine and dine their current sponsers and partners and attempt to make new ones. How many actual fans of the 2 competing teams are in attendance? So yes, the NFL is considering moving the actual game for the comfort of people who currently or potentially will spend a shit load of coin to be in bed with them. Like it or not, much like everything else in life, it's become all about $$$
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby pup » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:50 am

Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:18 pm

There are 32 NFL teams, they each had to pay about the same amount to be in the league, their cities each had to fork over tons of dough to subsidize their stadiums, the only fair thing to do would be to rotate the championship game between all 32. You get bad weather, too fucking bad. Fuck destination cities and perfect conditions.

But since this would never be a reality, any way the media can realize that this is clearly just a one-time thing to throw NYC a bone for building a new stadium and just shut the fuck up about this manufactured story? Sorry you didn't get your paid vacation to Rio de Janiero this year.

In the meantime, I hope those mother fuckers freeze their asses off as a blizzard the size of Texas falls on them so they can whine and bitch and cry and moan and hopefully die.
Last edited by Hikohadon on Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:32 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Christ Almighty, it's like I'm sittin' here playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'.

:lmfao:
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby pup » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:59 pm

Are there any reports out there with an actual player mentioning the weather as a negative?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:42 pm

pup wrote:Are there any reports out there with an actual player mentioning the weather as a negative?

Not that I've seen. Because I don't think they give a shit.

I do see the price of tickets is dropping. At least for those upper bowl seats where hearty souls sit and love the hell out of February football.

Lowest prices in decades. Either folks are feeling charitable and giving those real football fans a break, or people don't want to be miserable for that price.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:41 pm

Spin wrote:Gotcha.

No discussing opinions on a sports forum unless everyone agrees.

For the record, I would tend to think that any reasoned, well thought out opinion, factually defended, would be welcomed here and elsewhere.

But when your opening gambit is the position that football fans are pussies it tends to reduce your POV to one that lends itself to riducule.
mattvan1

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:45 pm

peeker643 wrote:
pup wrote:Are there any reports out there with an actual player mentioning the weather as a negative?

I do see the price of tickets is dropping. At least for those upper bowl seats where hearty souls sit and love the hell out of February football.

Lowest prices in decades. Either folks are feeling charitable and giving those real football fans a break, or people don't want to be miserable for that price.

Damn. That means the people that were just there for the spectacle and refuse to suffer cold footsies for two teams they don't really care about won't make it this year. I guess they'll just have to sell those seats to some fans of the team that normally just couldn't afford the exorbitant bullshit prices.

Personally, if the Browns made a SB I'd sit through a locust storm to watch it.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Spin » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:30 pm

I am not allowed to comment on my own opinion because apparently that is what caused 3/4 of the people to leave.

Who knew.
Spin

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:36 pm

Spin wrote:I am not allowed to comment on my own opinion because apparently that is what caused 3/4 of the people to leave.

Who knew.

Well, this post proves that at least your name is accurate.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Spin » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:00 am

Msttvan claims it's my fault everyone left TCF.

I tend to look at the discussion tactics of those who are left and wonder why I still stop in.

In all the forums and social media groups I visit I have never seen one so self destructive. I wonder if the three or four good conversations I have here are worth the one that goes straight to hell...

Bottom line. Money fuels football, college and pro. It's all that matters. Some of us don't like it. Get the fuck over it.
Spin

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:58 am

Get the fuck over what?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:54 am

Spin wrote:Msttvan claims it's my fault everyone left TCF.

1. That's not even close to what I wrote
2. My comments were about the thread and not you
3. Regardless, JFC you took me seriously?

Dude, lighten up.
mattvan1

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:40 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Damn. That means the people that were just there for the spectacle and refuse to suffer cold footsies for two teams they don't really care about won't make it this year. I guess they'll just have to sell those seats to some fans of the team that normally just couldn't afford the exorbitant bullshit prices.

Personally, if the Browns made a SB I'd sit through a locust storm to watch it.

the NFL will make sure those seats are filled even if it's for pennies on the dollar.

And there are three ways I can see the NFL doing the Super Bowl:

1. Rotate amongst all teams
2. Best record gets HFA
3. Destination cities

I think 1 is the worst. Not much time and not enough rooms, weather, activities in some cities.

2 would be fine with me and rewards teams for regular season dominance and post season survival.

3 is the best as you can plan long in advance to attend and there is little worry about weather and other things to do.

My opinion on it. Actually really don't care as I'd be fine with all three if Browns were involved.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:58 pm

Was gonna post "I'm here for the Gangbang" for Spin, but i'm too apathetic about this stupid topic to generate the google image clicks.

Only people who give a shit about the super bowl weather are people desperate in a slow sports month to create a story.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:56 pm

peeker643 wrote:And there are three ways I can see the NFL doing the Super Bowl:

1. Rotate amongst all teams
2. Best record gets HFA
3. Destination cities

I think 1 is the worst. Not much time and not enough rooms, weather, activities in some cities.

2 would be fine with me and rewards teams for regular season dominance and post season survival.

3 is the best as you can plan long in advance to attend and there is little worry about weather and other things to do.

My opinion on it. Actually really don't care as I'd be fine with all three if Browns were involved.

You have it in order of my preference.

1. Rotate. If we want a site determined ahead of time for planning purposes (which makes sense), then rotate between the 32 teams to give every NFL city the benefits of having a SB in their town. They paid for it as much as Miami and SD did. I could give a good goddam about the weather, and EVERY city has stuff to do, especially if you're just in town for the weekend.

2. Home field. Makes planning kind of bitch, but you do get 2 weeks, and hard to make SB plans until you know your team is in it anyway (at least for those who aren't corporate goons or the very wealthy), talk about excitement in the home city, best team gets the honor of hosting game on their home field with "their" weather.

3. Destination Cities. Paid vacation to warm climates for reporters, unfair financial boost for cities that are hot as shit. Generally far away from me. Fuck Miami.
Hikohadon

Next

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL