Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Wish List - #4 Pick

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Wish List - #4 Pick

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:13 pm

My son just told me there are rumors floating that the Browns might trade up to get Johnny Football. Oh my goodness. Shades of K2 (or was it BE - those 2 blend together in my memory) and Trenton Richardson. Trading up a spot or so to get a player that would have fallen to us anyways... a player who isn't worth trading up for anyways. Ugh. The circus continues.

Edit:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bro ... nziel.html
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:16 pm

OldDawg wrote:My son just told me there are rumors floating that the Browns might trade up to get Johnny Football. Oh my goodness. Shades of K2 (or was it BE - those 2 blend together in my memory) and Trenton Richardson. Trading up a spot or so to get a player that would have fallen to us anyways... a player who isn't worth trading up for anyways. Ugh. The circus continues.

Edit:

Jimmah could always try and cost plus one of the teams ahead of us I suppose.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:35 pm

justmebd wrote:
OldDawg wrote:My son just told me there are rumors floating that the Browns might trade up to get Johnny Football. Oh my goodness. Shades of K2 (or was it BE - those 2 blend together in my memory) and Trenton Richardson. Trading up a spot or so to get a player that would have fallen to us anyways... a player who isn't worth trading up for anyways. Ugh. The circus continues.

Edit:

Is that his rebate program?
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:18 pm

OldDawg wrote:
justmebd wrote:

Edit:

Is that his rebate program?

yes
justmebd

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:14 pm

I know I'm a little out of the loop on this, but whatever happened to the draft stock of Clemson's Tajh Boyd? Early on he was rated as the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the 2014 draft. I don't even see him listed as a 1st rounder anywhere any more. Did have that poor of a year?
OldDawg

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:10 am

OldDawg wrote:I know I'm a little out of the loop on this, but whatever happened to the draft stock of Clemson's Tajh Boyd? Early on he was rated as the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the 2014 draft. I don't even see him listed as a 1st rounder anywhere any more. Did have that poor of a year?

I think what happened with him is that - despite Russell Wilson's success - it was decided that short QB's were limited and only had so much of a ceiling and that if you took a chance on them then the 3rd round was the place to do it.

Naturally, that explains the Johnny Smurf at #1 overall talk.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:55 am

OldDawg wrote:I know I'm a little out of the loop on this, but whatever happened to the draft stock of Clemson's Tajh Boyd? Early on he was rated as the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the 2014 draft. I don't even see him listed as a 1st rounder anywhere any more. Did have that poor of a year?

Height aside, as Hiko pointed out, the Florida State defense happened. That and the perception that he made all easy throws and Sammy Watkins did the rest.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Govbarney » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:18 am

That interception he threw at the end of the Orange Bowl that almost handed the game to OSU should have closed the book on him. That game was essentially locked up and he continued to throw that ball with reckless abandon. That should scare away every conservatively minded NFL head coach (and they are all conservatively minded)
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:08 am

Now that the "Manziel to Cleveland" Hype Train is throttling full steam ahead, I think it's worth pointing out I don't see that giant D-bag putting in the kind of preparation Manning and Brady do.

And now, to cross the (thread) streams: You really think Gase would want to leave Manning for that?

We're going to overpay for Jimmy Clausen Part II
justmebd

Unread postby StewieG » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:35 am

Whoever they pick, and whenever they take him, I have the utmost confidence in these people to completely screw it up.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby bac5665 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:57 pm

justmebd wrote:Now that the "Manziel to Cleveland" Hype Train is throttling full steam ahead, I think it's worth pointing out I don't see that giant D-bag putting in the kind of preparation Manning and Brady do.

And now, to cross the (thread) streams: You really think Gase would want to leave Manning for that?

His name is Johnny, not Jimmy. You're just looking for flaws man.

:nanner: :dingle: :nanner:
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:26 pm

justmebd wrote:Now that the "Manziel to Cleveland" Hype Train is throttling full steam ahead, I think it's worth pointing out I don't see that giant D-bag putting in the kind of preparation Manning and Brady do.

I was thinking more like Jamarcus Russell (in a body that is completely the opposite).

Even if I wasn't worried about his decision making, his ability to read intricate defenses, and his work ethic (which I am, all three), I just think Scrambly Smurf is gonna get scrambled after about 4 games and end up in and out of the lineup for most of his career. Oh, and I don't think he can make "all the throws" any more than Colty Smurf could.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:07 pm

There are 18 million of these types of blogs, but these guys are actually pretty competent. They're on local radio in Houston, and Zierlein's dad was the Browns O-Line coach under Fudd.

Disturbingly, they have JFF as #1 overall, which means I now have a sad face.

http://www.thesidelineview.com/
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:45 am

At pick 4, here is the order of the players on my CLE draft board:

1) Bortles, QB
2) Bridgewater, QB
3) Watkins, WR
4) Clowney, DE
5) Mack, DE, OLB
6) Robinson, OT
7) Manziel, QB (Not a huge fan here)

At pick #26:
If we don't take a QB at #4, Carr, QB
If we don't take Watson at #4, best available WR (Lee, Beckham, Cooks)

At pick #33:
1) Carlos Hyde, RB
2) Shazier, LB
OK, I'm a Buckeye here!

Is AJ McCarron the Tom Brady in this draft? Great value for later round -- round 3??
OldDawg

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:54 am

I think Watkins and Robinson are can't miss playas. And one of them will be there at 4. If they are serious about building a team, choose one of those 2.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL