Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Brian Hoyer is for real"............

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Brian Hoyer is for real"............

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:42 pm

The Soulless Ginger will be the Browns QB for eternity. Don't you guys realize that Hoyer was hurt by Satan on behalf of The Ginger? Ginger's have long standing pacts with the devil and are fully capable of having anyone they wish destroyed.

Poor Josh Freeman, should he become a Brown, would magically see his ADHD medication mix-up turn into a full on crack addiction within weeks.

Until we, as a race, manage to perfect genetic engineering and eliminate the pigment perversion that is Gingervitis we're effed.

As soon as Walrus invited a Ginger into the locker-room the Browns went from being a sorry excuse of a franchise to one that is controlled by all that is evil.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:45 pm

*also, I have no idea what thread is about Hoyer, which is about Ginger and which is about Freeman, since they all seem to be bleeding into each other so I just picked this one to post in since it has the super awesome Brian Brady Unitas orgasm from SD.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:51 pm

leadpipe wrote:
FUDU wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
FUDU wrote:Nobody was talking about a franchise arm with Brady. His arm got little recognition till his 2nd-3rd year of success. His arm was OK but never praised that early on. Frankly any talk of Brady's arm is a bit ridiculous if you ask me. Other than accuracy it's nothing special.

But so far I agree on Hoyer for now, have not seen anything about his arm that excites me.

Brady's arm is underrated, as evidenced by how he slung the ball around during the 2007 season. And while it never was "Day-um, look at his arm!", it was also never "That boy throws like his arm is a hot fruit rollup!", which people say about Hoyer all the time.

All you need to do is watch them to see the difference.

I did watch him, and them, and I'm only slightly disagreeing RE Brady, not disagreeing RE Hoyer.

BTW Brady didn't sling it around as much as people think he did, never has really. Frankly nobody does, but certainly not him. Yeah he had that really nice YPA, but 42% of his passing yards were YAC, right in the middle of the pack, same as his % of air yards (58%)(AYpA 4.82).

It would be interesting to see Hoyer given a legit shot on a team with few holes though IMHO, especially if he was 3 years younger.

The Raiders game...the one which Vinty made the greatest kick of all-time....Christ if Brady didn't display to the world what an arm he had rifling the ball in those conditions....

I don't think his arm is what it was 5 years ago, but it was far from "ok" at that time.

Sure, but lots of guys can do that, that's the point I was making. The strength of his arm has always been overstated. Since he won his second ring people act like he slings the ball all across the field all game long, he doesn't and never has.

Back to Hoyer, I feel bad for him, not just b/c it hurts our chances of winning some games but b/c he might have got a real job out of this chance had he run out the season and played decent.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:18 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:The Soulless Ginger will be the Browns QB for eternity. Don't you guys realize that Hoyer was hurt by Satan on behalf of The Ginger? Ginger's have long standing pacts with the devil and are fully capable of having anyone they wish destroyed.

Poor Josh Freeman, should he become a Brown, would magically see his ADHD medication mix-up turn into a full on crack addiction within weeks.

Until we, as a race, manage to perfect genetic engineering and eliminate the pigment perversion that is Gingervitis we're effed.

As soon as Walrus invited a Ginger into the locker-room the Browns went from being a sorry excuse of a franchise to one that is controlled by all that is evil.

It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:55 pm

FUDU wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
FUDU wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
FUDU wrote:Nobody was talking about a franchise arm with Brady. His arm got little recognition till his 2nd-3rd year of success. His arm was OK but never praised that early on. Frankly any talk of Brady's arm is a bit ridiculous if you ask me. Other than accuracy it's nothing special.

But so far I agree on Hoyer for now, have not seen anything about his arm that excites me.

Brady's arm is underrated, as evidenced by how he slung the ball around during the 2007 season. And while it never was "Day-um, look at his arm!", it was also never "That boy throws like his arm is a hot fruit rollup!", which people say about Hoyer all the time.

All you need to do is watch them to see the difference.

I did watch him, and them, and I'm only slightly disagreeing RE Brady, not disagreeing RE Hoyer.

BTW Brady didn't sling it around as much as people think he did, never has really. Frankly nobody does, but certainly not him. Yeah he had that really nice YPA, but 42% of his passing yards were YAC, right in the middle of the pack, same as his % of air yards (58%)(AYpA 4.82).

It would be interesting to see Hoyer given a legit shot on a team with few holes though IMHO, especially if he was 3 years younger.

The Raiders game...the one which Vinty made the greatest kick of all-time....Christ if Brady didn't display to the world what an arm he had rifling the ball in those conditions....

I don't think his arm is what it was 5 years ago, but it was far from "ok" at that time.

Sure, but lots of guys can do that, that's the point I was making. The strength of his arm has always been overstated. Since he won his second ring people act like he slings the ball all across the field all game long, he doesn't and never has.

Back to Hoyer, I feel bad for him, not just b/c it hurts our chances of winning some games but b/c he might have got a real job out of this chance had he run out the season and played decent.

Hey, I agree he doesn't sling it around downfield as much, especially the last three years tight end/Welker heavy. I'd argue it's the only real problem with their offense at that time - 3rd and 10's were much tougher - especially in regard to good/playoff defenses.

All I'm saying is youtube his pass at the end of the Tyree Super Bowl. 70 yards in the air - and about 15-20 more across the field from hash to sideline, and pretty much on a line. Not many guys in the league are throwing that ball, definitely not ones with "ok" arms.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:50 pm

HoodooMan wrote:In 2 out of 4 seasons, he's cleared a QB Rating of 80+, including one over 90.

In 1 out of 14 seasons, our QBs have cleared a QB rating of 80+.

And he's 25 years old.

Why not?

Because prior to getting benched he had a lower QB rating than Weeden...lowest in the league, in fact
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:32 am

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:In 2 out of 4 seasons, he's cleared a QB Rating of 80+, including one over 90.

In 1 out of 14 seasons, our QBs have cleared a QB rating of 80+.

And he's 25 years old.

Why not?

Because prior to getting benched he had a lower QB rating than Weeden...lowest in the league, in fact

The NFL, to large degree, is about coaching......more so than any other of the mainstream sports. The staff in TB is a complete and utter clusterfuck, way worse than anything we have seen here. Freeman could do it at one point and when college sis boom bah guy arrived he suddenly regressed. As opposed to Weeden who never had it.

I still think it's difficult to make it work for all the reasons I mentioned previously, but I got no issue at all if they sign him.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:16 pm

*shudder*
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Didn't know where to put this...

The Raiders apparently cut the giant mound of Meh that is Matt Flynn. And as much as "Matt Flynn Browns QB' doesn't excite me, at least he probably wouldn't make me want to eat steel wool. Any interest?

* Also, PFT has a post up about Chud saying the Browns are "exploring QB options". The second comment is from a Pats fan who's idea was for the Pats to trade Mallet and a 4th to the Browns for Josh Gordon. I know that sounds like a completely ridiculous at first glance, but don't worry, a few posts later he ammended his statement. What he really meant was for the Pats to trade Mallet for Gordon and a 4th from the Browns.

I love the internet.

EDIT: Yeah I see you guys already figured out about Flynn. I feel like FMB.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:59 am

e0y2e3 wrote:*also, I have no idea what thread is about Hoyer, which is about Ginger and which is about Freeman, since they all seem to be bleeding into each other so I just picked this one to post in since it has the super awesome Brian Brady Unitas orgasm from SD.

SD:

Somehow being insulted by Eyesore is still more apealing than talking about Boris with my first round pick.

If you cant net the Bridge , don't even think about QB until the second or third round ,not with whats left of this group anyway.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:53 am

SD just made the greatest post ever.

I now know what a ride in a post apocalyptic time machine feels like.

Sorta a cross between The Time Machine and Apocalypse Now with a little Omega man tossed in.

Also makes me wonder: if one world's end is an apocalypse, would the end of two civilizations be a "Tupac"?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL