Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

2014 College QB Thread

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: 2014 College QB Thread

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:34 pm

jb wrote:I'm calling Mettenberger with the Colts pick now, BTW.

I don't think they'd use a 1st on him. At least I hope not.

Though, a 2nd you could sell as being traded for a "2015 1st" since he was considered a 1st round prospect. :shrug
Last edited by HoodooMan on Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:35 pm

justmebd wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:As long as you fuckers aren't trumpeting Johnny Douchebag, I'm good. I'll give anyone but that disaster a shot at this point.

+1

He's just a dumber version of Colt McCoy, and unlike Hiko I don't have a burning hatred of Colt McCoy, but for the love of God NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the dumbest things I've ever read. Manziel almost had as many rushing yards as a freshman that Colt had as a 4-year starter. Colt was one of the most accurate passers in college history and the main knock on Manziel is his accuracy. You can hate Manziel but to compare him to Colt is pure personal dislike, nothing having to do with football.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:38 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:As long as you fuckers aren't trumpeting Johnny Douchebag, I'm good. I'll give anyone but that disaster a shot at this point.

Truth. His off the field issues make Josh Gordon look like a monk.

Hyperbole much? Josh Gordon was kicked out of school; Manziel was suspended for what, a quarter?

Not talking about the autographs. The guy is a legendary night before the game party machine. Ever wonder why he is so inconsistent from week to week? It's not the defenses. It's the magnitude of his hangover. Allegedly, of course.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:42 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

Hyperbole much? Josh Gordon was kicked out of school; Manziel was suspended for what, a quarter?

Not talking about the autographs. The guy is a legendary night before the game party machine. Ever wonder why he is so inconsistent from week to week? It's not the defenses. It's the magnitude of his hangover. Allegedly, of course.

Him and half of college football. The guy's last two games were his worst of the season, not coincidentally against 2 of his toughest opponents; seems pretty normal to me. Doesn't exactly scream inconsistency.

And fuck whoever is making me defend Johnny Manziel.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:44 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

Him and half of college football. The guy's last two games were his worst of the season, not coincidentally against 2 of his toughest opponents; seems pretty normal to me. Doesn't exactly scream inconsistency.

And fuck whoever is making me defend Johnny Manziel.

Fucking sorry I brought it up.

EOD we can all agree - don't draft the kid.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby jb » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:48 pm

HoodooMan wrote:

Though, a 2nd you could sell as being traded for a "2015 1st" since he was considered a 1st round prospect. :shrug

You may be right.

Even better. Only invest a 2nd.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:52 pm

This may be the best copy ever on a TCF banner ad, appropos of nada:

Date a Soulful Russian Lady. Live Chat & Meetup. Safe. Secure. Fast.
jb

Unread postby justmebd » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:18 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
justmebd wrote:

+1

He's just a dumber version of Colt McCoy, and unlike Hiko I don't have a burning hatred of Colt McCoy, but for the love of God NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the dumbest things I've ever read. Manziel almost had as many rushing yards as a freshman that Colt had as a 4-year starter. Colt was one of the most accurate passers in college history and the main knock on Manziel is his accuracy. You can hate Manziel but to compare him to Colt is pure personal dislike, nothing having to do with football.

First, fuck you.

Second, if you want to get into specifics, than here it is.
You have an undersized Texas QB who, while mobile, is undersized. I liked McCoy because while he had his flaws, I thought he could read and react to defenses. I thought a good head coach could work with that. I don't think Manziel will be able to make the transition and it has nothing to do with his attitude and everything to do with him not being as football literate as I feel McCoy is.

Again, fuck you and the horse you rode in on. :fu:
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:27 am

jb wrote:This may be the best copy ever on a TCF banner ad, appropos of nada:

I've never seen that.

Doesn't the banner use cookies from sites you've visited to determine which ads to throw up there?
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:29 am

HoodooMan wrote:

I could certainly see that. Might even be OK with it, the way this draft is heading.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:35 am

Hikohadon wrote:

I've never seen that.

Doesn't the banner use cookies from sites you've visited to determine which ads to throw up there?

Haha - Maybe!

You've seen the results of my typing. Imagine me site navigating on a mobile.
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:37 am

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

I've never seen that.

Haha - Maybe!

You've seen the results of my typing. Imagine me site navigating on a mobile.

Riiiiiight. We'll just go with that. ;-) ;) :wink:
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:05 am

With the list it is and without really having researched the players too much, I'd be fine with:

1st (1st pick): Bridgewater, Carr, maaaaaaybe Hundley (if he comes out, which I doubt), I've seen his stock being a late 1st rounder.

1st (2nd pick): Hundley

2nd: McCarron (I guess), Grrrrappollo (I guess), Tajh Boyd, Mettenberger (I suppose)

God, this has gotten ugly.
Hikohadon

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:21 pm

You have an undersized Texas QB

Stop. That's all Manziel and Colt have in common.

I don't think Manziel will be able to make the transition and it has nothing to do with his attitude and everything to do with him not being as football literate as I feel McCoy is.

Were we watching the same Colt McCoy?
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:31 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:

I could certainly see that. Might even be OK with it, the way this draft is heading.

Late in the second round (through a trade up) is the earliest I'd have been OK with him before he shredded his knee, so I wouldn't be thrilled with it.

But my expectations for these guys to avoid something stupid are so low that I'm just hoping for anything but Carr in the Top 10. Or 15... Or 32... Or 50...
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:17 pm

Mettenberger scares the shit out of me. Why would we want to replace the disaster that Brandon Weeden is with...Brandon Weeden?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:18 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

I've never seen that.

If this is the case how come so many of us got that mature lady add with all the big titted cougars?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:31 pm

Get Adblock.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:33 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:

Late in the second round (through a trade up) is the earliest I'd have been OK with him before he shredded his knee, so I wouldn't be thrilled with it.

But my expectations for these guys to avoid something stupid are so low that I'm just hoping for anything but Carr in the Top 10. Or 15... Or 32... Or 50...

I haven't seen him play yet (which might be why I'm not down on him) - why don't you like him?
Hikohadon

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:52 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:But my expectations for these guys to avoid something stupid are so low that I'm just hoping for anything but Carr in the Top 10. Or 15... Or 32... Or 50...

I haven't seen him play yet (which might be why I'm not down on him) - why don't you like him?

Pfft, I'm a shell of my former draft geek self. You think I'm wasting any time watching fucking Fresno State? : )

In a nutshell my admittedly, umm, intuitive opinion is that he's gone from someone who about 2 months ago on the 1st page of this thread was ranked as the 127th prospect in this draft class, someone I was QUOTE intrigued by QUOTE as possibly being undervalued, to a Top 10, maybe even Top 5 pick--why exactly?

Smells like a drastic stock value overcorrection to me. Smells like 'Fourteen Ponder Shit. (<--Nirvana cover coming to an iPod near no one)

Yeah, he was intriguing as a 3rd or 4th rounder. Fuck the Top 10. Fuck the first round. Fuck the 2nd round...

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby jerryroche » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:10 pm

Hikohadon wrote:With the list it is and without really having researched the players too much, I'd be fine with:
1st (1st pick): Bridgewater, Carr, maaaaaaybe Hundley (if he comes out, which I doubt), I've seen his stock being a late 1st rounder.
2nd: McCarron (I guess), Grrrrappollo (I guess), Tajh Boyd, Mettenberger (I suppose)

Yes. Get 'em all. If history is any indication, maybe ONE of them will be a Flacco or Alex Smith. (Catching lightning in a bottle and landing a Brees or a Rodgers is sheer folly for this sorry franchise.)
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Wild Thang
Least Favorite Player: Ratlisberger

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:39 pm

jerryroche wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:With the list it is and without really having researched the players too much, I'd be fine with:

Yes. Get 'em all. If history is any indication, maybe ONE of them will be a Flacco or Alex Smith. (Catching lightning in a bottle and landing a Brees or a Rodgers is sheer folly for this sorry franchise.)

Since Alex Smith was the #1 overall pick and plays, well, not like a #1 overall pick, I hope that whomever we draft is NOT an Alex Smith.

But I get your point.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:45 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:But my expectations for these guys to avoid something stupid are so low that I'm just hoping for anything but Carr in the Top 10. Or 15... Or 32... Or 50...

Pfft, I'm a shell of my former draft geek self. You think I'm wasting any time watching fucking Fresno State? : )

In a nutshell my admittedly, umm, intuitive opinion is that he's gone from someone who about 2 months ago on the 1st page of this thread was ranked as the 127th prospect in this draft class, someone I was QUOTE intrigued by QUOTE as possibly being undervalued, to a Top 10, maybe even Top 5 pick--why exactly?

Smells like a drastic stock value overcorrection to me. Smells like 'Fourteen Ponder Shit. (<--Nirvana cover coming to an iPod near no one)

Yeah, he was intriguing as a 3rd or 4th rounder. Fuck the Top 10. Fuck the first round. Fuck the 2nd round...

True, but there have been tons of QB's that make a huge in-season leap up the boards, and some of them actually deserve it. I get more scared when the leap takes place between February and April.

I look at David Carr and I liked everything about his game except his head. So if l'il bro can be David Carr with some balls, sure, fine, take a chance on that, I guess. Since I haven't watched him, I can't speak to if his leap is due to his stellar play or just a reaction to the increasing erosion of the position in the draft. Taking him reeks a little of desperation, but desperation is what I have a lot more of these days than patience.
Hikohadon

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:06 pm

Well, he's a Sr and his numbers have really only improved incrementally year by year, and his YouTubez don't yield anything that says NFL to me, so my inclination is to say that the ridiculous jump in his draft stock is due to position, overcorrection, and hype. At best, he stinks like one of those Beck/Kolb 2nd rounders that we may have the privilege to take in the Top 10 thanks to the stupid QB market in the NFL the past few years.

(Though, I guess even the NFL's QB Market is less stupid than a 10yr 240mil deal for a 31 year old, so I suppose that's swell or something.)

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:26 pm

How good is Bridgewater? Where does he fall on the Weeden/Luck scale of recent QB 1st rounders?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:34 pm

This QB class really did take a depressing turn, though, didn't it?

Mariota would have been my favorite of the bunch, so naturally he returns to school. Bridgewater's good but out of reach, absent an almost certainly ill-advised trade-up. Fuck Carr. Johnny Manziel has some stripper-girlfriend appeal but is almost certainly a bad idea. Hundley is scary raw. I'd be OK with McCarron in round 2, which probably means we'd have to use a Top 10 pick on him by the time May comes around. Mettenberger is terrible. If Boyd's really slid all the way to the 4th round (NFLDC has him at 112 at the moment), that's OK value for him, I suppose.

So for 2014 it's roll with Hoyer or get into the middle of that mess...

Just fuck.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:40 pm

I'd put him just a smidgen below Bradford in terms of recent #1 overall QBs, but I liked Bradford.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby justmebd » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:09 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
You have an undersized Texas QB

Stop. That's all Manziel and Colt have in common.

I don't think Manziel will be able to make the transition and it has nothing to do with his attitude and everything to do with him not being as football literate as I feel McCoy is.

Were we watching the same Colt McCoy?

Yes, badly coached, and he didn't make the transition the way I thought he was going to, thus my even poorer opinion of Manziel.
justmebd

Unread postby jb » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:49 am

I see Manziel as more bat shit crazy but will do anything anywhere slutty GF than stripper GF FWIW. Has some overlook able physical flaw that's minor enough not to preclude jump off.
jb

Unread postby jb » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:50 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Get Adblock.

And miss those gems?

For the love of God man, why?
jb

Unread postby jb » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:51 am

motherscratcher wrote:How good is Bridgewater? Where does he fall on the Weeden/Luck scale of recent QB 1st rounders?

How's that Luck scale predicting an 82 workin out?
jb

Unread postby jb » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:58 am

HoodooMan wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

This.

There's nothing wrong with Carr as a prospect. Good prospect.

There's everything wrong with the Waiting for Gadot obsession that rockets a Carr to a top 10 or 5 pick über reach that demands immediate rookie PT and 2 years of development patience. That is a half decade franchise killing move.

I'll say it again. Go to the stats page of your liking & sort by descending QB rating order. Tells you all you need to know.

Evaluate QBs like guards & safeties and you'll draft well.

Base your draft on desperation & how they look in the field house in April in shorts & Ts working with Winthop Jr in a Kinky Boots routine & your the Jags, Browns & Vikings.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Exactly what are you trying to tell everyone with the QB rating page JB?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:20 pm

jb wrote:I see Manziel as more bat shit crazy but will do anything anywhere slutty GF than stripper GF FWIW. Has some overlook able physical flaw that's minor enough not to preclude jump off.

He's a fucking meth-head rob-you-while-you're-sleeping-stab-your-dog hooker that you picked up when you were really drunk and horny.

His flaws are so numerous that they are impossible to overlook.

And since you'd probably have to get him with the 1st pick in the 1st round (if you were nuts enough to want him), I am shocked to hear YOU warming to the guy.

Of course, he would give you every opportunity to be in position to take Winston, so there's that.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Oh fuck no on Manziel. I'd sooner resign Charlie Frye.
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 pm

jb wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

This.

There's nothing wrong with Carr as a prospect. Good prospect.

There's everything wrong with the Waiting for Gadot obsession that rockets a Carr to a top 10 or 5 pick über reach that demands immediate rookie PT and 2 years of development patience. That is a half decade franchise killing move.

I'll say it again. Go to the stats page of your liking & sort by descending QB rating order. Tells you all you need to know.

Evaluate QBs like guards & safeties and you'll draft well.

Base your draft on desperation & how they look in the field house in April in shorts & Ts working with Winthop Jr in a Kinky Boots routine & your the Jags, Browns & Vikings.

I always enjoy the rational solution approach. It's so cute.

Here's the problem with said approach: You never get a QB. You wallow in suck fo-ev-ah.

You see, you can't evaluate QB's like you do guards and safeties because NO ONE ELSE DOES.

If you WANT a QB that you like and you don't have one of the top 2 spots in a QB-rich draft, you have to OVERPAY to get him.

They are the limited availability waterfront property that everyone wants, so people are willing to pay twice what they would for a house a mile inland.

And, yeah, if that waterfront property you overpay for has a crumbling foundation, then, yep, yer fucked. But that's the chance you take for that view.

Unless you're one of those that's fine with buying the house a mile inland and hoping an earthquake sinks everything between your front door and the shore into the sea. It happens once every 5 years, maybe 5% of the time, so, hey, sounds like a plan.

It's a boring fucking prospect and the odds are it no more leads to winning than overpaying for a bad QB does.

Whatever, I end my caring about this now. This draft sucks for QB's anyway now that Mariota went back, and after Hundley does too there will be absolutely no interesting prospects outside of Bridgewater, who will be a Texan this time next year. It's so depressing that I've already subconsciously written next year off too. Give In For Winston!
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:36 pm

FUDU wrote:Exactly what are you trying to tell everyone with the QB rating page JB?

It's obvious fudu
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:46 pm

jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:Exactly what are you trying to tell everyone with the QB rating page JB?

It's obvious fudu

It's not obvious at all, b/c anyone can take many different things from that list, spin or manipulate as they want.

It's a stat like anything else, can tell you some things, not tell you others, relative to circumstance and sample size.

I know one thing right off the bat, Nick Foles isn't a better QB than the next 6 guys on that list, and 8 of of 10 overall.

FUDU

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Speaking of college QB's, Case McCoy sucks almost as much as his brother. Yeesh, having flashbacks.
Hikohadon

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:27 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Speaking of college QB's, Case McCoy sucks almost as much as his brother. Yeesh, having flashbacks.

Sweet, maybe he'll drop to us in the 3rd round.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:11 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Speaking of college QB's, Case McCoy sucks almost as much as his brother. Yeesh, having flashbacks.

Doubtless he will.

And we should still skip him when he drops to us in the 7th.
Hikohadon

Unread postby justmebd » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:30 pm

motherscratcher wrote:

That was funny. Bravo, Sir. :clap:
justmebd

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:17 pm

Gimme Nursing student Molly from Walsh who won the Dr. Pepper contest over any of the crap coming out now. And I'll take her over any QB on Browns roster right now.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:26 am

peeker643 wrote:Gimme Nursing student Molly from Walsh who won the Dr. Pepper contest over any of the crap coming out now. And I'll take her over any QB on Browns roster right now.

That girl understood what it took to win that contest. The ole' push shot was enough.

Weeden woulda been riflin' 100 mph missles off the digital counter.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jb » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:58 am

FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:

It's obvious fudu

It's not obvious at all, b/c anyone can take many different things from that list, spin or manipulate as they want.

It's a stat like anything else, can tell you some things, not tell you others, relative to circumstance and sample size.

I know one thing right off the bat, Nick Foles isn't a better QB than the next 6 guys on that list, and 8 of of 10 overall.

Bullshit Donny. Better is as better plays. The rest is fan boi trading card crap.

The past is fixating on landing a great QB.

The present is focusing on great QB play.
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:01 am

jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:

It's obvious fudu

Bullshit Donny. Better is as better plays. The rest is fan boi trading card crap.

Those are SO different.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:10 am

Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:

It's obvious fudu

Those are SO different.

Yes. Yes they are.

You have eyes but you won't see.

I don't believe for one second that Foles is better than Luck. But I know for a stone cold fact the Eagles are getting far better QB play from Foles than the Colts are from Luck.

Conclusion is they built a better team from coach to OC to other O players. They didn't wring hands & Dick around goin boo hoo we have to play a 3rd round prospect. Ditto Seattle. And all the Os with QBs not led by Luck & RG3 and their 80 fuckin ratings and mediocre play.

So Donny here's what you should see:

You are either lucky enough to have an established consistent vet QB or you stfu and build your team and stop crying about QB and reaching for franchise killing charlatans
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:08 pm

Well you aint saying nothing slick to a can of oil.

You're not Nostrafreakingsdamus with those statements. I don't really disagree, but citing the QB ratings chart as proof of your theory is hogwash. You ignore all the surrounding circumstances. Foles isn't doing much without that strong balance of the running game, and let's get some sample sizes before getting all giddy about it. That same list of ratings shows that other thing that gets stated over and over again, top stud picks in the draft.

Frankly I think you've been trying too hard to wake up everyday and find the secret to success in this game. It's a team game, you need a good guy at the helm, that's not a newsflash hot off the wire.

FUDU

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:32 pm

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:

It's obvious fudu

Those are SO different.

Yes. Yes they are.

You have eyes but you won't see.

I don't believe for one second that Foles is better than Luck. But I know for a stone cold fact the Eagles are getting far better QB play from Foles than the Colts are from Luck.

Conclusion is they built a better team from coach to OC to other O players. They didn't wring hands & Dick around goin boo hoo we have to play a 3rd round prospect. Ditto Seattle. And all the Os with QBs not led by Luck & RG3 and their 80 fuckin ratings and mediocre play.

So Donny here's what you should see:

You are either lucky enough to have an established consistent vet QB or you stfu and build your team and stop crying about QB and reaching for franchise killing charlatans

Laugh out loud at the concept that Foles is playing well bc Philly "built the cockpit". They have some nice skill players, meh O line, meh D. Team looked like shit with Vick.

I'm not gonna assume the QB they draft is any more likely to be a bust than any of the other guys they take.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:36 pm

FTR - I think I'm leaning towards Hundley with the Indy pick at this point, so you're free to use that first pick for your cockpit guy.

Redshirt Hundley rookie year except for certain run packages.

Contrary to popular belief, I do not want the Browns to reach for just any QB just to get a QB. There HAS to be someone in this draft that they think could be a possible long term franchise elite championship QB. I want them to identify that QB(s) and make sure they get him (one of them). If he has a top of the 2nd Rd grade, take him with the Indy pick. If he has a top of 3rd Rd grade, trade into the back of the 2nd to get him if you have to. If you identify Guiton as the best QB in the draft not named Bridgewater and you think you can get him in the 5th, fine. Just make sure you get it done.

The only reason I've advocated taking him with one of the firsts or the second is that it's likely that you're not the only one to identify this QB. Get too cute and lose him to the guy willing to make sure he gets his man.
Hikohadon

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL