Text Size

College Sports Arena

TTUN "the game" week

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

TTUN "the game" week

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:57 pm

I heard on TOS that Gardner is a bit hurt - possible concussion. Not sure if it's true but how funny would it be to see back-up freshman Shane Moris trying to run a pro-style, drop back passing offense with that shitty O line against our Dline? Bosa, Spence, Washington, Schutt, Bennett, Steve Miller vs. Kalis, Shane Morris and friends. "Blood on the field"..lol

This is one of those "can't win games" though. We just win and in the media we should have won by more. We win by a lot and it doesn't matter because Michigan sucks even more than usual this year. If we somehow lose...holly shit it's bad.

I would never have thought I would ever be more interested to watch our game vs MSU than watching OSU/TTUN.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Re: TTUN "the game" week

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:24 pm

TTUN also has a ton of key recruits taking visits for The Game.

I saw on a Michigan site someone said their A.D. should take the recruits bowling and to a comedy club instead of taking them to The Game so that they don't have to watch Michigan lose. I'm sure the poster was kidding but if we do beat them up it will certainly have implications on their future classes.

YahooFanChicago

Unread postby furls » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:26 pm

Jamal Marcus is pissed that you forgot him.

I read that Gardner has a shoulder issue. I would kind of prefer to see them play Gardner, I gotta think Morris couldn't be worse. I actually feel a little bad for Gardner, he is a likeable kid playing for the worst offensive coaching staff in history. Jim Bollman is laughing at Al Borges and thinks he is a bad OC.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby furls » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:32 pm

YahooFanChicago wrote:TTUN also has a ton of key recruits taking visits for The Game.

I saw on a Michigan site someone said their A.D. should take the recruits bowling and to a comedy club instead of taking them to The Game so that they don't have to watch Michigan lose. I'm sure the poster was kidding but if we do beat them up it will certainly have implications on their future classes.

Think about this as a worst case scenario for the program up North...

-scUM has a big list (I think 60 recruits) coming to the game today.
-Hoke's seat is getting hotter, and the rumors are starting to fly.
-The Big House is going to have 30,000+ S&G fans doing the O-H-I-O chant in their stadium.
-OSU is going to roll scUM.
-The scUM fans are already booing/bronx cheering 1st downs, what are they going to do when scUM is down 4-5 TDs?

How is all this going to play for those recruits? Seriously. I cannot think of a worse game environment to show them. I think they could end up embarrassingly shut out. I think Meyer hangs the most lopsided number in the history of the game this year.

Here is their visitor list for The Game:

ATH Jabrill Peppers
WR Drake Harris
OL Mason Cole
LB Michael Ferns
QB Wilton Speight
DE Lawrence Marshall
CB Brandon Watson
WR Fredd Canteen
TE Ian Bunting
LB Chase Winovich

WR George Campbell
RB Damien Harris - possible
K Andrew David
CB Shaun Crawford
S Tyree Kinnel

Targets

Four-star DE Malik McDowell (Southfield, MI/Southfield) - possible, but likely
Three-star DE Jhonathon Williams (Berrien Springs, MI/Berrien Springs) - Possible
Three-star RB Vic Enwere (Sugar Land, TX) - Possible but unlikely
QB Giovanni Rescigno (Warren, MI/De La Salle)
S Jason Alessi (Birmingham, MI/Brother Rice) - offered as a preferred walk-on

Five-star DE Jashon Cornell (St. Paul, MN/Cretin-Derham)
Five-star LB Justin Hilliard (Cincinnati, OH/St. Xavier)
Four-star ATH Brian Cole (Saginaw, MI/Heritage)
Four-star ATH Jerome Baker (Cleveland, OH/Benedictine)
Four-star RB Mike Weber (Detroit, MI/Cass Tech) - depends on playoff situation
Four-star DE Joshua Alabi (Detroit, MI/Cass Tech) - depends on playoff situation
Four-star RB Jacques Patrick (Orlando, FL/Timber Creek)
Four-star OL Sterling Jenkins (Pittsburgh, PA/Baldwin)
Four-star TE Tyrone Wheatley Jr. (Buffalo, NY/Canisius) - possible
Four-star LB Tanner Muse (Belmont, NC/South Point)
Four-star DE Darian Roseboro (Lincolnton, NC/Lincolnton) - possible but unlikely
Four-star LB Darrin Kirkland Jr. (Indianapolis, IN/Lawrence Central)
Four-star LB Reagan Williams (Jackson, OH/Jackson)
Four-star TE CJ Conrad (Lagrange, OH/Keystone)
Four-star QB Zach Gentry (Albuquerque, NM/Eldorado) - possible but unlikely
Four-star ATH David Edwards (Downers Grove, IL/North)
Three-star QB Nick Johns (Washington, DC/Gonzaga)
Three-star QB Jimmy Fitzgerald (Champaign, IL/Centennial) - possible
QB Alex Malzone (Birmingham, MI/Brother Rice)
ATH Khari Willis (Jackson, MI/Lumen Christi) - possible
QB Joshua Jackson (Ann Arbor, MI/Huron)

OL Erik Swenson (Downers Grove, IL/South)
DE Lawrence Gordon (Saginaw, MI/Arthur Hill)
ATH Stefan Claiborne (Clinton Township, MI/Chippewa Valley)
OL Tommy Roush (Traverse City, MI/West)
OL Thiyo Lukusa (Traverse City, MI/West)
QB Messiah DeWeaver (Dayton, OH/Trotwood-Madison)
DE Prince Sammons (Cincinnati, OH/CHCA)
WR Desmond Fitzpatrick (Farmington, MI/Farmington)
RB Martell Pettaway (St. Clair Shores, MI/SouthLake) - possible
ATH Lavert Hill (Detroit, MI/Cass Tech) - Depends on playoff schedule
OL Ostell Martin (Detroit, MI/Cass Tech) - Depends on playoff schedule
DL Michael Onwenu (Detroit, MI/Cass Tech) - Depends on playoff schedule
WR Demetric Vance (Detroit, MI/Cass Tech) - Depends on playoff schedule
LB Brendan Ferns (St. Clairsville, OH/St. Clairsville)
RB Elijah Holyfield (Atlanta, GA/Woodward Academy) - depends on playoffs
WR Jalen Martin (Detroit, MI/Chandler Park Academy) - possible
LB Dele Harding (Elkton, MD/Eastern Christian Academy) - possible
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:05 pm

Well Gardner is pretty mobile and has a decent amount of experience now.

Their Oline sucks, Moris is a drop back passer (I have never seen him play but I don't think he is supposed to be very mobile) and he has hardly played. I think he really struggles against our Dline and being on such a big stage at this point in his career.

Why do you think Moris would be better than Gardner at this stage?

YahooFanChicago

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:06 am

If Meyer were smart, he'd make this a Milton Berle game, aka "pulling out just enough to win." It's in his interest to let this clown show continue for the Blue. I'm about as big of a Michigan fan as you'll find and even I'm getting apathetic about the whole thing. We have a completely backwards mentality with historically incompetent offensive coaches and OSU/MSU are lapping us. But if Meyer embarrasses them in the Big House like he's capable of, heads might roll sooner than expected.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:15 am

I think Meyer will want an impressive, big win if he can get one.

I think he will want to give this team the best chance it can to play in the NCG and he knows he will need style points and other help to get there. I think he is concerned about this team and this year and will worry about next year after the season is over.

I personally don't think he will base his scoring strategy around how it influences Michigan's coaching decisions.

YahooFanChicago

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:14 pm

He obviously won't, I was just making a point. He'll run it up and he probably should out of respect to the rivalry. I don't think style points matter anymore for the BCS though. If Winston's suspended, you're in. If not, you're out. I guess there could be a gray area where his fate isn't known yet on December 8, but I doubt it.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:22 pm

I was nervous about the NW game and I must admit I'm a bit nervous about this one if for no other reason than no one else appears to be.

Analytically I understand that OSU laps UM on nearly every front, but the game ain't played like that.

I'll feel a whole lot better if nothing goofy happens in the first quarter that somehow reminds UM they have some talented kids who suddenly think they have a chance.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:37 pm

peeker643 wrote:I was nervous about the NW game and I must admit I'm a bit nervous about this one if for no other reason than no one else appears to be.

Analytically I understand that OSU laps UM on nearly every front, but the game ain't played like that.

I'll feel a whole lot better if nothing goofy happens in the first quarter that somehow reminds UM they have some talented kids who suddenly think they have a chance.

Good point, and this season has been so bad that I'm sure the coaches have spun it as a huge redemption opportunity. But I can't ever remember this big of a mismatch in the rivalry where someone pulled the upset. Michigan's teams in '93, '95, and '96 were at least fringe Top 25 teams in a much better Big Ten. Same goes for Ohio State in '04. And most other examples ('87, '00, '01, OSU keeping it close in '99 and '11) involved a favorite that wasn't at the level of this year's OSU team. Add in the fact that you have a VERY pissed off fanbase and a stadium that will likely be 40% red and I'd be really surprised if it was even close.
Kingpin74

Unread postby fairvis » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:28 pm

It's The Game. It's always going to make you nervous, even when it shouldn't. It doesn't matter that Michigan's 7-4 and OSU's 11-0. We know that OSU's 10-2 over the past 12 years, and that's a hell of an achievement in the history of the rivalry, and most likely not one that's going to continue forever, even with Michigan's ineptitude.

However, we know that the last time that an unranked Michigan beat an Ohio State team was 1993 (although if you look at the history of the game, Michigan was ranked every year outside of 1993 and 2008-2010). And Michigan's lost 4 of 6, and looked awful while doing so (unlike the 2004 Ohio State team, which was on the upswing after letting Ted Ginn out of his cage and settling on Troy at QB).

And while being upset by any team is bad, nothing is worse then being upset by Michigan. I was at the 2003 game in AA, and wanted to kill someone afterwards (FYI, their fans are not too nice to people in OSUMB uniforms). Then again, rushing the field after the 2005 win certainly helped out my attitude...
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:33 pm

I'd be shocked if we didn't win by 3 TDs, but yeah, sometimes a slow start in the game gets you thinking.

I expect Meyer to not hold back one bit until the 4th. If we have a 3-4 TD lead at that point he's gonna let Kenny take over, seeing it's his last scum game AND to keep Brax healthy for CCG.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby furls » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:51 pm

YahooFanChicago wrote:
Why do you think Moris would be better than Gardner at this stage?

Simply because it would be almost impossible to be worse. Not a credit to Morris, but a slight on Gardner. He has been a trainwreck ever since the MSU game. He used to just turn it over alot. He turns it over less, but he is paralyzed any time he sees someone coming at him.

I think he has PTSD!

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:59 pm

Kingpin74 wrote:He obviously won't, I was just making a point. He'll run it up and he probably should out of respect to the rivalry. I don't think style points matter anymore for the BCS though. If Winston's suspended, you're in. If not, you're out. I guess there could be a gray area where his fate isn't known yet on December 8, but I doubt it.

I think he runs it up if he can too, but not just for the sake of the rivalry or the BCS. Last year Meyer waited at midfield for Hoke for several minutes, which is customary for HCs to do, even Bo and Woody did it. Hoke has done it nearly every game. He didn't last year and punk'd Meyer. I have read on other sites from insider folks that this slight still sticks in Meyer's craw. I think if we see Meyer not even go to midfield this weekend we will know that rumor is true.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:08 pm

I think this Michigan team's problem is that they are soft. End of story.

They have some talented kids on the team, they are not overwhelmingly 'Bama talented, but there is some talent on that roster. There is surely enough talent that they should not look like they are at parity with Akron or UConn. Here is some indications of that softness:

-Look at how many passes are getting dropped over the middle of the field. The WR's and TEs are not willing to take the shot, they are more concerned with defending themselves. Even sure handed guys like Deleo (sp?) and Funchess are dropping them in the middle of the field.

-Look at Gardner's aversion to contact while scrambling. I think he has displayed borderline heroism this year by the fact that he keeps taking all the shots he is taking.

-Look at how badly they get shoved around on both lines, but particularly the OL.

-Look at how poor all of the RBs are at picking up the blitz and how easily they go down, particularly Fitz.

-Look at the general condition of the team; they are not "jacked." Compare their LBs/RBs/etc. to OSU's or 'Bama's etc. Physically, they just don't look like they are in the same condition.

-Look at how overweight Green was when he showed up... he is still overweight and he is getting PT. I am pretty sure Meyer would've slapped some Chris Carter-like restrictions on him for letting himself go so badly.

It is a soft team. They talk tough (particularly Lewan) but still get bullied on the field by any team that is remotely physical.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:32 pm

peeker643 wrote:I was nervous about the NW game and I must admit I'm a bit nervous about this one if for no other reason than no one else appears to be.

Miscues on special teams are my concern, hold the lanes, no big plays, no stupid penalties. High snaps too..... we've seen a few sail over Brax/KG's head this season. It's silly shit that can really change the momentum in a rivalry game.

Don't let up either If you got'em down big, bury them.

Just hand the rock #34, nobody can stop that train.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:59 pm

^^^ agree.

On D I really hope we are agressive and continue to blitz and pressure the QB like we have since the Penn State game. I wouldn't mind seeing our corners play tigher and bumping on the line to disrupt the short passing game. With their Oline I think we will get a lot of pressure and I don't think Gardner is capable of consistently beating us downfield. My concern is if we play soft on the corners and allow them to work the short passing game.

I bet Michigan builds their offensive game plan around the short passing game since we have shown weakness there and they know they will have a hard time running on us. They will want to control the clock and keep the ball away from our offense so their only hope is the short passing game. We need to take that away from them.

YahooFanChicago

Unread postby dmiles » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:24 am

I see the kid from our elementary school and Little League back when I lived in Cali is starting at OG now. He was so big at 12, I didn't realize he'd continue growing. Usually those humongous 12s are practically done growing. He was not too skilled at baseball, just huge and occasionally would run into one. However, I never watched him play football since we went private school.

Anyway, I'd always wondered if he was a bit over-rated, I tried watching him for a bit last week but flipped around too many games so I guess the jury is still out. This week will be a better indicator.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby fairvis » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:47 pm

ESPN UK has stupidly decided to air the FSU-UF game instead of OSU-TTUN this Saturday. What a pack of bleeding idiots. This is one game I'd prefer to have on my nice TV versus a shitty internet stream!
fairvis

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:51 pm

CDT makes a good point, special teams needs to be focused. ...and Braxton does to with ball security.

FUDU

Unread postby furls » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:04 pm

scUM's best recruit, Jabrill Peppers (I think he is the best player in the country), has just announced that he is going to take some official visits.

He claims that he is still, "100% Blue," but wants to make sure he lands in the right spot. Basically, he is like that really hot chick who just said, I want to see other people, but don't worry I am still committed to you. I have seen this enough to know, how this is likely to end up.

Kid is a phenomenal safety/RB prospect. VERY GOOD PLAYER. He will not end up at OSU.

He has cited Hoke's uncertain future as a reason for concern. I think scUM is in a really bad spot with Hoke now. Hot seats don't instantly cool and once the temperature starts to change it is really hard to reverse. If they bring him back for 2014 he will be a lame duck.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Something a bit noteworthy that gets little attention at all, Hoke has only lost 1 game in Ann Arbor as michigan HC. I just noticed it myself looking over his tenure, the Bama game remember was in Texas, so that truly doesn't count.

Pretty much the only thing Hoke can hang his hat on at this point.

FUDU

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:58 pm

FUDU wrote:Something a bit noteworthy that gets little attention at all, Hoke has only lost 1 game in Ann Arbor as michigan HC. I just noticed it myself looking over his tenure, the Bama game remember was in Texas, so that truly doesn't count.

Pretty much the only thing Hoke can hang his hat on at this point.

His tenure is only 3 years and look at the plethora of vomit they have played in Whoreville in that time.

By comparison, I am undefeated in Ann Arbor.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:13 pm

I hear ya, but losing only 1 home game in three seasons is still not an easy task. Better OSU teams with a better coach have failed to do that over 3 seasons at times.

FUDU

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:56 am

7:54 and they still suck.

Partly Cloudy, high 30s, 10-15MPH winds. Sounds like normal "The Game" conditions.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:08 am

I like the Bucks by a few TDs, not as many as some are predicting because I think scUM's D is better than most are giving it credit for. I also think we get their best punch on O.

They cannot run power or IZ or OZ, even though they have tried all year. It makes their play action attempts look comical because teams are stuffing their running game for losses with 6 anyways, why bother with the play action it just makes the pass play take longer resulting in sacks. That has been their normal MO all season. I think we see more of a screen game, more shotgun and more short intermediate passing which are actually things OSU's D struggles with.

Therefore I think OSU "squeaks" by unimpressively in "survival mode" 45-17.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Squints » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:59 am

It's now 8:58 and guess what!!

I thought the same score prediction as Furls, so to be different I'll go 50-21 Bucks. Close for a half, but talent and coaching takes over in the second, Urban doesn't let his foot off the gas. Guiton throws a 2-pt conversion in the last minute off of a fake PAT, stadium roars as that point it will be 75% Bucks supporters, Michigan thugs try to fight, Hoke fired later today, Urban smirks the whole time walking to the middle of the field for the post game shake and the presser will be one to remember.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:10 am

I think this game starts slow despite Urban being a quick starter and this team following suit much of the season. I expect it to be thoroughly over by early to mid 3Q. I could see a number of scenarios where we end up dropping 55 on them, but my gut says just not today for whatever reason.

48-17

Furls, in your opinion what are the odds of this scenario playing out:

Buckeyes crush scum today.
Auburn beats Bama by 10-12pts.
FSU has a pedestrian game and wins by 10.

Buckeyes beat MSU by 2 TDs or more.
Auburn wins SEC CCG.
FSU has another pedestrian game and wins ACC CCG by 10-12 pts.

OSU and Auburn end up finishing in top 2.

Can you envision any scenario where Auburn jumps FSU if the only team to lose from here on out is Bama (to Auburn)?
Auburn wins SEC CCG.

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:50 am

I can see Auburn jumo someone, but I think it'd more likely be tOSU than FSU. Unless something happens with the Winston case.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:13 am

I will have "Fuck Michigan" carved on my tombstone and nice marble sculpture of my ass so all the haters can kiss it.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:59 am

Auburn loses to the Red Elephants boys.

F*()^ck FSU.

11:01 am and scUM still sucks.

49-17 good guys.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:00 pm

Last edited by pod2dawg on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:23 pm

FUDU wrote:I think this game starts slow despite Urban being a quick starter and this team following suit much of the season. I expect it to be thoroughly over by early to mid 3Q. I could see a number of scenarios where we end up dropping 55 on them, but my gut says just not today for whatever reason.

48-17

Auburn wins SEC CCG.

Can you envision any scenario where Auburn jumps FSU if the only team to lose from here on out is Bama (to Auburn)?
Auburn wins SEC CCG.

-I think the Buckeyes are fairly likely to crush scUM... I see it 60% likely OSU crushes, 25% likely it is close and about 5-10% scUM wins.

-I think Auburn vs. 'Bama is close. I don't see a scenario where Auburn beating 'Bama by more than 10 is likely even at a 5% clip unless 'Bama disintegrates. That said, I give Auburn 50:50 in this game. I have watched a lot of 'Bama and honestly, they are not the normal 'Bama. They have the best LB in the country in Mosley (yes better than Shazier), but I think their line is a step back from last year. I think the 'Barn moves the ball and scores. On O, Bama's playmakers are less great than usual, they have to overpower you with their OL to win. They are good at that, but they have been unimpressive also. Don't forget, both teams are essentially coming off of byes (Barn had a bye, 'Bama had UTC).

-FSU winning pedestrian today is possible as UF does have the athletes to play, and Muschamp is literally coaching for his job (may be too late). UF's offense is horrific. I think they consulted with Bollman in the off-season like scUM did. I see something like 30-10 FSU, maybe as low as 20-10. Odds of unimpressive: 30%.

So the joint probability of just today's events that you outlined: .60*.50*.30= 9%

Let's worry about next week, next week. I think you could see Mizzou beat either of the West teams anyway. aTm will be a good measuring stick. MSU is a good team, and like OSU they are playing their best ball right now. FSU should roll in the ACC CG game, it is either going to be against Duke or a bad VaTech team.

Really the only way I can see OSU vs. Auburn is if Winston is charged and 'Bama loses. All the impartial BCS experts (Palm, Edwards, etc.) say it is VERY unlikely that OSU is jumped by either of the one loss teams. It would take a public opinion ground swell like no one has ever seen before. Barn would have to kill Bama'r and MIZZOU or Mizzou would have to DESTROY aTm and Bama/Barn (more likely Bama).

Even though it seems intuitive to root against Mizzou as it removes a jumping probability from the picture, I will be pulling for them because I think they have the best chance of all the teams left to beat Bama. Their WRs are a nightmare matchup (like LSU's) and they have a mobile QB and great DL. I also think Mizzou is less likely to jump OSU than Barn and is more likely to defeat Barn than USC (e).

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:45 pm

Thx for the effort breaking it down when basically I just expected you to tell me I'm nuts.

FUDU

Unread postby Squints » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Empty seats at the Big House. F'ing pathetic
Squints

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:45 pm

D needs to wake up, *ichigan came to play. Luckily, so did #5.
fairvis

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:58 pm

FUDU wrote:I think this game starts slow despite Urban being a quick starter and this team following suit much of the season. I expect it to be thoroughly over by early to mid 3Q. I could see a number of scenarios where we end up dropping 55 on them, but my gut says just not today for whatever reason.

48-17

Auburn wins SEC CCG.

Auburn wins SEC CCG.

Good call.

And now Michigan believes.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Squints » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Shocked if Wilson's not thrown out
Squints

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:02 pm

Thats gonna hurt, bad.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:03 pm

Following the script.

Stay on the sideline, Marcus Hall. And if you're gonna throw blatant punches in front if officials, hit someone with it.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Squints » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Rattled and showing it. Never understood throwing a punch at a helmet.
Squints

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:26 pm

To clarify I thought it was Roby that was ejected.

Phew, we keep our overrated DB on the field.

FUDU

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:42 pm

Everything went *ichigan's way that half. Still just tied. Let's see what adjustments that they make (already were with a couple of stops on D so far).
fairvis

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Huge few minutes here, weve stopped them and now have lead.

FUDU

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:02 pm

FUCK
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:03 pm

God damn it... come on D.
fairvis

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:24 pm

Too much time left. D needs to show up!
fairvis

Unread postby Squints » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:33 pm

How meant times have we been burned by a throwback screen today.
Squints

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:48 pm

That was a rivalry game.

From mile highs, to fist pounding rage all in one game.

I do not give a FUCK about what the margin of victory assholes have to babble about. We won....

Hyde's one mistake made that a much closer game than I think it would have ended up anyhow, OSU was on the march again.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:53 pm

Anytime you escape the Big House with a W, it's important. The D looked gashed though. Wonder how next week works out.
fairvis

Next

Return to College Sports Arena