Text Size

College Sports Arena

ESPN reporting DNA match in the Winston Case

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: ESPN reporting DNA match in the Winston Case

Unread postby pup » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:54 pm

Two words for you...Supplemental Draft Baby!

:hide:
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Feh...fuck him .... I'm sick of that shit

Its cheap, low and doesn't represent me in any way shape or form and IMO he's totally out of line with that crap

Free Shoes U is what me and some gambling buddies nicknamed FSU about 18 fukking yrs ago
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby furls » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:35 pm

bac5665 wrote:
furls wrote:They are going to charge him or not by the end of next week. I have read that lots of places now. TPD and the State's Attorney General really does not want this hanging around. For better or worse things will happen quick now... finally.

If I were a betting man, I would bet on charges. Partially due to the fact, that there is probably something to this, but also because if it is even close the SAG will indict so that they don't appear to be involved in a cover up. They'll be content to win or lose in court, but they don't want to be the last one standing when the music stops.

This won't go to trial unless JW demands it. Whether he does or not will depend on the evidence the SAG has, which we won't know for a while, if ever. But everyone, including JW, wants to avoid a trial if possible. No one wins in the publicity that would happen. JW will look guilty on TV to the national audience (Nancy Grace will ruin him) and the victim will not want to have to accuse him of rape on court TV. And the SAG doesn't want to prosecute this seasons's hero in open court; the local politics will be terrible for him.

Everyone wants this to end as fast as possible with as little noise as possible. This will plead out.

She is accusing forced penetration... it will be a felony. He will either be charged with a felony or he won't be charged at all. This is not going to get plead down to something that is not going to carry prison time with it. It is an all or nothing game for Winston, if he is charged he has fight it until conviction or acquittal. They cannot plead this to something that will not put him in jail for a while, therefore the publicity angle doesn't make sense.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:28 am

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:
jb wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:Feh...this is Free Shoes U you're talking about...

He'll play!

Says the Jopologist....

Glass houses and all that sort.

Bullshit..stay on point ie: FSU

You're being disingenuous ... and a pompous ass here

Name one freaking time I apologized for him ...go ahead...please look for a link...and many at OBR know I hated him
Try to avoid inventing me in your own image for once and cease assuming you know what the hell you're talking about

Like does not equal zealot and I like lots of college teams...in fact, I used to like OSU till Al Whore invented the internet...... and I met OSU fan @OBR

IOW, fuck off

I am on point. The hypocracy of a pompous ass melting down throwing the pompous ass card is the point.

You're a huge State Perv Fan constantly talking this shit that shit here there everywhere about OSU. Taking your little pot shots.

Who the hell do you think you're talking to and trying to play this schitzo game with anyway ? You think you can pull that off and the wave the bloody shirt with the who me? Victim routine?

Give me a friggin break. We can finish each other's sentences on these boards.

So when as a State Perv Fan you talk shit about another program's integrity expect it to come back. And throwing your bully shit fit as usual won't make that go away. Everyone thought it. I just posted it.

You are... penn state.

Now sit your ass down.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 am

I'm not sure he CAN sit down now, with what you did to his ass and all.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:33 am

Stop bullying FMB, guys. It's not nice.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:53 am

jb wrote:
jb wrote:

He'll play!

Says the Jopologist....

Name one freaking time I apologized for him ...go ahead...please look for a link...and many at OBR know I hated him
Try to avoid inventing me in your own image for once and cease assuming you know what the hell you're talking about

Like does not equal zealot and I like lots of college teams...in fact, I used to like OSU till Al Whore invented the internet...... and I met OSU fan @OBR

IOW, fuck off

I am on point. The hypocracy of a pompous ass melting down throwing the pompous ass card is the point.

You're a huge State Perv Fan constantly talking this shit that shit here there everywhere about OSU. Taking your little pot shots.

Who the hell do you think you're talking to and trying to play this schitzo game with anyway ? You think you can pull that off and the wave the bloody shirt with the who me? Victim routine?

So when as a State Perv Fan you talk shit about another program's integrity expect it to come back. And throwing your bully shit fit as usual won't make that go away. Everyone thought it. I just posted it.

You are... penn state.

Now sit your ass down.

JFC...what a pretentious ass you are

I said.... "he plays for Free Shoes U' and out of that you get 4 posts and 8 paragraphs of personal attack

Whata jizz you are....and seriously I'd bitch slap your mouth if you said all that to my face right now and you know my old ass would have no problem with your fat jiggling Dough Boy body

..but hey, I get it so I'm outta here.... the 4 of you have fun
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:53 am

jb wrote:
jb wrote:

He'll play!

Says the Jopologist....

IOW, fuck off

You are... penn state.

Now sit your ass down.

JFC...what a pretentious ass you are

I said.... "he plays for Free Shoes U' and out of that you get 4 posts and 8 paragraphs of personal attack

Whata jizz you are....and seriously I'd bitch slap your mouth if you said all that to my face right now and you know my old ass would have no problem with your fat jiggling Dough Boy body

..but hey, I get it so I'm outta here.... the 4 of you have fun
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:48 am

Well, no one ever questioned your God given intelligence, so if you want to take being called out as a Penn State fan bashing FSUs integrity as a personal insult, then you're making a connection even I didn't see. So you again show your mettle Audie Bill.

Why don't I just save the internets drama no one wants.

This has happened before & will probably happen again. I have the audacity to disagree with you and fire off a zinger we've all been on the receiving end for from an inevitable poor take. We all seem to be able to let this roll off but for reasons only you know I press some mysterious hot button. You blow up and go dead red and start hollering about getting bad and the proceed to stalk me after creating some cartoon character of people you don't like over the course of a lifetime. You stalk and project. Then you punch yourself out and grow tired of it and things go back to normal.

Maybe we could skip all the drama and bullshit and just let it go because let's face it, the routine is played out & we're both gonna be here in a decade anyway. Your play. But you know what I think of you in reality and if you don't you have some strange blind spot.

Until then I'm befuddled by one thing. Didn't everyone start out as a pile of jizz?
Except Jesus. You know, nice to look for common ground in conflict.

Later on down the road Jack.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:30 am

bac5665 wrote:I don't know of any quote from JW at all.

If I were trying the case based on what we know, the DNA evidence is pretty strong. It's going to come down to the judge and jury. If the prosecutor can get a judge interested in making the case look fair, a good prosecutor can get FSU fans disqualified from the jury pool. Even in Tallahassee, they'd find enough jurors. Get the FSU fans off the jury and the victim has a good chance of winning the he said/she said, with the DNA as strong support.

Another factor is the rest of the rape kit. Was there evidence of trauma? While I've never tried a rape case, my understanding is that there may well be medical evidence to show that the victim tried to resist. If there is, and if there is DNA, JW's done.

But yeah, if I'm the prosecutor, I get all the physical evidence I can, I interview JW, and see what I have. If he's guilty, there should be enough there to get him to plead out, and maybe enough to convict him, with there right judge. Way too early to be sure though.

Now, all that is with the disclaimer that I haven't seen anything in this case and this is all speculation. Also that I don't know a damn thing about Florida law, only Ohio law. Hell, I only do civil law, so none of this is my practice area. But I'd imagine that JW is in serious trouble, one way or another. However, he is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. This post is all speculation. Again, he is innocent until proven otherwise.

BAC - I'm asking this out of 100% naivete and ignorance. I wouldn't know a rape kit from a pinewood derby kit.

Now I'm a grown ass man so I understand some precipitation without needing a weatherman. But can a kit conclusively prove that any injuries were sustained via an act of sexual violence or can there be injuries based on, uh, ah, the size of schlong & type of sex. What could constitute reasonable doubt for Everybody's All American?
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:06 pm

JB doesn't that touch on the perpetual controversy of physical anatomical proof of rape? I'm no expert, but I've heard from people that work on the medical side AND the social/mental worker side that ultimately there is no absolute conclusive way to distinguish the difference. I'd be interested to hear BACs thoughts as well.

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:11 pm

FUDU wrote:JB doesn't that touch on the perpetual controversy of physical anatomical proof of rape? I'm no expert, but I've heard from people that work on the medical side AND the social/mental worker side that ultimately there is no absolute conclusive way to distinguish the difference. I'd be interested to hear BACs thoughts as well.

It not only touches on it, it goes to the heart. so I feel like a shit for asking from a moral perspective.

I just don't know a thing about what you just elaborated upon. So I asked even knowing how it came off as.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:20 pm

It obviously transcends this story for sure.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:..but hey, I get it so I'm outta here.... the 4 of you have fun

This is like late stages of The Hunger Games (the books, not the movies, because I'm not a 16 yr old girl).

We're getting down to it. Think I heard a cannon report somewhere.

Just gonna cover myself in QBR ratings that look like shrubs, clench knife in teeth and wait to make my bold move...
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby pod2dawg » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:46 pm

furls wrote:They are going to charge him or not by the end of next week. I have read that lots of places now. TPD and the State's Attorney General really does not want this hanging around. For better or worse things will happen quick now... finally.

If I were a betting man, I would bet on charges. Partially due to the fact, that there is probably something to this, but also because if it is even close the SAG will indict so that they don't appear to be involved in a cover up. They'll be content to win or lose in court, but they don't want to be the last one standing when the music stops.

^^^^ Nailed it.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby bac5665 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:18 pm

jb wrote:
bac5665 wrote:I don't know of any quote from JW at all.

If I were trying the case based on what we know, the DNA evidence is pretty strong. It's going to come down to the judge and jury. If the prosecutor can get a judge interested in making the case look fair, a good prosecutor can get FSU fans disqualified from the jury pool. Even in Tallahassee, they'd find enough jurors. Get the FSU fans off the jury and the victim has a good chance of winning the he said/she said, with the DNA as strong support.

Another factor is the rest of the rape kit. Was there evidence of trauma? While I've never tried a rape case, my understanding is that there may well be medical evidence to show that the victim tried to resist. If there is, and if there is DNA, JW's done.

But yeah, if I'm the prosecutor, I get all the physical evidence I can, I interview JW, and see what I have. If he's guilty, there should be enough there to get him to plead out, and maybe enough to convict him, with there right judge. Way too early to be sure though.

Now, all that is with the disclaimer that I haven't seen anything in this case and this is all speculation. Also that I don't know a damn thing about Florida law, only Ohio law. Hell, I only do civil law, so none of this is my practice area. But I'd imagine that JW is in serious trouble, one way or another. However, he is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. This post is all speculation. Again, he is innocent until proven otherwise.

BAC - I'm asking this out of 100% naivete and ignorance. I wouldn't know a rape kit from a pinewood derby kit.

Now I'm a grown ass man so I understand some precipitation without needing a weatherman. But can a kit conclusively prove that any injuries were sustained via an act of sexual violence or can there be injuries based on, uh, ah, the size of schlong & type of sex. What could constitute reasonable doubt for Everybody's All American?

Don't really know. I don't think that there is any way to rule out really rough sex. Prosecutor's going to have some work there.

But as for reasonable doubt, a prosecutor in a case involving child molestation put it this way: "After this case, would you trust your children with this man? If you wouldn't trust him, then it might be that you don't have any reasonable doubt." The jury convicted him really fast later that day. Reasonable isn't 100% certainty, its certain enough that you would act as if it's true after the trial.

Lot of ways both sides can go yet. The way the parties spin their stories will shape a lot to come.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby furls » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:47 pm

I am not neither an attorney or rapist, so I am not an expert.

That said, there are some things that can aid or detract the credibility of this witness.
-What is her motive? If Winston is a pro, the motive is clear... money. For a poor college kid, not much of a motive.
-When did she file charges? She filed them right away.
-What does the rape kit show? Are there any bruises.
-Is there conflicting witness testimony?

To me the most damming thing for Winston is the complete lack of motive. This girl has nothing to gain, except the inevitable leaking of her name and the certain attempts at character assassination.

There are rumors that Winston has witnesses to support his claims, but unless they were in the room while he was in the act, they are not going to be that valuable even if this is a date rape case.

My take is that if there are ANY bruises, tearing or other indications/testimony from medical professionals stating that they think there is evidence of rape, he is DONE. Like I said, I think he is charged next week.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby bac5665 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:14 pm

furls wrote:I am not neither an attorney or rapist, so I am not an expert.

That said, there are some things that can aid or detract the credibility of this witness.
-What is her motive? If Winston is a pro, the motive is clear... money. For a poor college kid, not much of a motive.

To me the most damming thing for Winston is the complete lack of motive. This girl has nothing to gain, except the inevitable leaking of her name and the certain attempts at character assassination.

There are rumors that Winston has witnesses to support his claims, but unless they were in the room while he was in the act, they are not going to be that valuable even if this is a date rape case.

My take is that if there are ANY bruises, tearing or other indications/testimony from medical professionals stating that they think there is evidence of rape, he is DONE. Like I said, I think he is charged next week.

This is why I think the medical expert will be critical. If the prosecutor has a doctor who can testify that she sustained injuries at the same time as the DNA left on her, JW will be in trouble. That's enough evidence with a good prosecutor, and if JW doesn't have anything other than his word that he he didn't do it, even a bad prosecutor can win that case.

The other thing that I want to know is what was the relationship between the accused and the victim? How did this go down? That story and the differences between the stories of each side, will go a long way towards understanding the motives of both parties here, which a jury will want to know.
bac5665

Unread postby ole uncle charle » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:39 pm

FWIW

William "Willie" Meggs turned 70 in June. Since 1985 he's been the state's attorney for the 2nd Judicial Circuit, which encompasses the state capital and Florida State University, where he earned both undergraduate and law degrees. He's a former cop for both the Tallahassee city police and the Leon County Sherriff's Department. This is his seventh and, he says, final term as the local prosecutor
ole uncle charle

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:57 pm

^^^^ Sounds like a real conflict of interest to me. In that position, with that background and age he may want to think about voluntarily stepping down.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:44 am

I really don't see how he can NOT charge this. Particularly with the scrutiny being placed on the Police. This is not a little local story anymore, hell even Stubenville had to file some charges.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:05 pm

If those morons didn't use social media the Steubenville case never sees the light of day Furls.
I haven't read anything that moves this past he said- she said.

Unless more evidence comes out going to be tough to convict everybody's all American .

Agree public opinion creates charges.
jb

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:07 pm

bac5665 wrote:

This is why I think the medical expert will be critical. If the prosecutor has a doctor who can testify that she sustained injuries at the same time as the DNA left on her, JW will be in trouble. That's enough evidence with a good prosecutor, and if JW doesn't have anything other than his word that he he didn't do it, even a bad prosecutor can win that case.

The other thing that I want to know is what was the relationship between the accused and the victim? How did this go down? That story and the differences between the stories of each side, will go a long way towards understanding the motives of both parties here, which a jury will want to know.

Would that be admissible?
jb

Unread postby bac5665 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:10 pm

The doctor's testimony will certainly be admissible. Expert testimony is a critical portion of trials.

The relationship between the two will be mostly admissible, depending on exactly what it was. The victim will likely testify, and in telling the story, she'll have to tell how they ended up together, which will perforce involve explaining their relationship, if any.
bac5665

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:11 pm

I am NOT smearing or prejudging just the opposite.

But Furls, come on.

Motives can be far more than monetary.

Gonna wait & see myself.
jb

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:13 pm

bac5665 wrote:The doctor's testimony will certainly be admissible. Expert testimony is a critical portion of trials.

The relationship between the two will be mostly admissible, depending on exactly what it was. The victim will likely testify, and in telling the story, she'll have to tell how they ended up together, which will perforce involve explaining their relationship, if any.

Sorry BAC I meant the relationship. Seen trials where the background was thrown out & the focus is the alleged crime.
jb

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:19 pm

jb wrote:

But Furls, come on.

Gonna wait & see myself.

I get that JB, but I just can't think of one beyond $$$ that makes sense in this case short of a jealousy/woman scorned sort of thing. A rape trial is a lot to go through for that motive.... not impossible, I just see it as way less likely than a woman looking for a payday from a guy that has $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:29 pm

furls wrote:
jb wrote:

But Furls, come on.

Gonna wait & see myself.

I get that JB, but I just can't think of one beyond $$$ that makes sense in this case short of a jealousy/woman scorned sort of thing. A rape trial is a lot to go through for that motive.... not impossible, I just see it as way less likely than a woman looking for a payday from a guy that has $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Furls we all think of our WAGs & sisters in these cases. So I don't want to come off as an antidelluvian misogynist. But, uh yeah, sometimes one nighters can go bad when a woman is dissed. On occasion false charges can happen. Or on campuses with young people and alcohol get involved it's all bad. I have no idea. Maybe he's an arrogant ahole rapist.

I just think it wise to see what the legal system can try to expose as the truth here.
jb

Re: ESPN reporting DNA match in the Winston, Case

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:32 pm

Yeah that was kind of what I was alluding to. I have no idea what this woman is like or what JW is like. I hope if he is guilty justice is served. If not, well a lot of damage has already been done.

A public rape trial seems like a long way to go for dissed though. I am sure it wouldn't be the first time though.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Re: ESPN reporting DNA match in the Winston, Case

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:56 pm

furls wrote:Yeah that was kind of what I was alluding to. I have no idea what this woman is like or what JW is like. I hope if he is guilty justice is served. If not, well a lot of damage has already been done.

A public rape trial seems like a long way to go for dissed though. I am sure it wouldn't be the first time though.

Yep, I get that.
jb

Unread postby fairvis » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:23 am

An interesting take on the FSU/OSU difference in media perception this year (and also a bit on how Urbs would be excoriated if Braxton was under a rape investigation).

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-footba ... not-112613
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby ole uncle charle » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:59 am

Sounds like some football justice to me. This case is about as far away from the Duke case as you could get.

Per ESPN

The state attorney's office investigating the sexual assault allegations against Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston says the timeline for making a decision on whether to bring charges could now be two weeks or more.

Believe it or not, we have other cases we're involved with; we haven't shut down our office to focus entirely on this case," William Meggs, state attorney for the Second Judicial Circuit in Tallahassee, Fla., told ESPN.com. We're waiting on some things and we still have some loose ends to tie up," he told ESPN.com last week
ole uncle charle

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:46 pm

Well, those two weeks, coincidentally, would make it about Dec 11th.

You guys are not going to believe it but:

No. 2 Florida State has one regular-season game remaining, at Florida on Saturday. The Seminoles also are set to play in the ACC championship game Dec. 7. The matchup for the VIZIO BCS National Championship Game will be announced Dec. 8, and Heisman Trophy votes are due Dec. 9.

I mean, do you believe how fortuitously that timeline worked out for FSU?

What a break.

I hope he wins the Heisman, the BCS title game and is convicted in May of 2015 after a trial.

That would be a month after the Browns somehow traded their entire 2015 draft plus two additional #1 picks to select him.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:40 pm

peeker643 wrote:Well, those two weeks, coincidentally, would make it about Dec 11th.

You guys are not going to believe it but:

No. 2 Florida State has one regular-season game remaining, at Florida on Saturday. The Seminoles also are set to play in the ACC championship game Dec. 7. The matchup for the VIZIO BCS National Championship Game will be announced Dec. 8, and Heisman Trophy votes are due Dec. 9.

I mean, do you believe how fortuitously that timeline worked out for FSU?

What a break.

I hope he wins the Heisman, the BCS title game and is convicted in May of 2015 after a trial.

That would be a month after the Browns somehow traded their entire 2015 draft plus two additional #1 picks to select him.

I also hope he auctions off his Championship Ring and Heisman trophy to pay for his defense. Then they might have to actually suspend him...you know, if he actually commits a serious offense like that.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:53 pm

There isn't a chance in hell any decisions or charges will be made until FSU in decidedly IN the NCG.

If FSU loses one of the next two games though, that decision will be made with 24hrs of that loss, guaranteed, but they're not losing, so whatever.

FUDU

Unread postby furls » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:17 pm

FUDU wrote:There isn't a chance in hell any decisions or charges will be made until FSU in decidedly IN the NCG.

If FSU loses one of the next two games though, that decision will be made with 24hrs of that loss, guaranteed, but they're not losing, so whatever.

I don't know, they do have that Murderer's Row portion of their schedule coming up with Florida and Duke. I mean if this was a 2007 run to the final four that would be about as tough as it gets.

I still can't believe that the ACC is playing Duke in the CCG, but the B1G is considered the conference that sucks! Go figure. I am going to laugh hysterically if Clemson gets HOUSED by USC(e) this weekend. That will have completely invalidated the entirety of FSU's schedule.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:21 pm

FWIW, if UNC beats Duke this weekend, then GaTech ends up in the ACC CG.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Nope, I was wrong. If VaTech wins at UVA (likely) and Duke loses to UNC (possible), then FSU plays VaTech due to some convoluted tiebreaker because that scenario makes a 4-5 way tie at the top and VaTech owns all the tiebreakers based on head to head record against the other competitors.

Both of those team are not great, so I really have no preference. I am kind of rooting for Duke because it is just funny.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:40 pm

I agree, Duke would be funny.

RE: JW, new reports about some very minor incidents in 2012, involving BB guns and shooting out car windows and an issue with "stealing" beverages at a restaurant. Point being that as minimal and juvenile as those allegations are, once they get out in public when a more serious allegation in being handled it is a pile on mentality, that often just makes things worse, justified/fair or not.

FUDU

Unread postby furls » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:52 am

All that other stuff is pretty standard fare for 18 year olds. I hope no one ever goes back and looks at all the times I was picked up for throwing snowballs at cars, shooting BB guns at things, vandalism, breaking things that weren't mine, trespassing, etc.

I did most of my dumbass stuff between the ages of 12-16 so it is all expunged. I can only imagine the trouble I would've gotten into as an 18 year old college football phenom at a football factory.

Like I have said before Winston honestly seems like a very nice kid, and I am rooting for the kid to get off unless he is guilty. If he is guilty I hope he is convicted, but I sincerely hope he is not. I want to believe this girl is making this stuff up because Winston is such an easy kid to root for. Every interview I have seen with him, he just exudes charisma and humility and that kind of joy in playing that can't be faked.

I hope OSU is able to get in on its own merits (which probably is not going to happen). Failing that, I hope 'Bama or FSU stumbles ahead them. That said, I am hoping that it is FSU that stumbles because I want OSU to be the team that knocks the mythical 'Bama monster off the top of the hill. With FSU's remaining schedule, the odds of a stumble from them are pretty slim, so I say.... "WAR EAGLE."

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:33 pm

I've said it 100 times, but what a country if you happen to be someone who can do something great with some sort of ball.

No wonder all the "little league parents" are whacked out of their effing minds.

And I agree with Furls, I HOPE he's not guilty - but at a minimum the guy is getting a pretty convenient timetable that those of us that ain't good with a ball would not receive.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby furls » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:34 pm

leadpipe wrote:I've said it 100 times, but what a country if you happen to be someone who can do something great with some sort of ball.

No wonder all the "little league parents" are whacked out of their effing minds.

And I agree with Furls, I HOPE he's not guilty - but at a minimum the guy is getting a pretty convenient timetable that those of us that ain't good with a ball would not receive.

In defense of the DA, I have read that this timetable for charges is not that unusual for a case like this. That said, if I were the TPD and DA I would be doing everything I could to scrape this booger as soon as possible. If they charge this guy 2 days after the BCS selection day then the entire office should be investigated by the Feds. Not because I am a disgruntled OSU fan, but because it would be a pretty clear indication that they sat on the indictment to accomplish some other goal. There is already enough evidence of sitting on this case at the TPD level.

I cannot believe that the original investigating officer has not been disciplined.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:19 pm

furls wrote:
leadpipe wrote:I've said it 100 times, but what a country if you happen to be someone who can do something great with some sort of ball.

In defense of the DA, I have read that this timetable for charges is not that unusual for a case like this. That said, if I were the TPD and DA I would be doing everything I could to scrape this booger as soon as possible. If they charge this guy 2 days after the BCS selection day then the entire office should be investigated by the Feds. Not because I am a disgruntled OSU fan, but because it would be a pretty clear indication that they sat on the indictment to accomplish some other goal. There is already enough evidence of sitting on this case at the TPD level.

I cannot believe that the original investigating officer has not been disciplined.

I'm not a guy that likes to see anyone lose their job - it's Thanksgiving after all, but the actions of that officer were disgusting.

As to the discussion of timetable and the "common man," you know better than me about the average time (cause I know little) but the fact of the matter is there are guys sitting behind closed doors weighing the whole football side of it - and what the percussions might be.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:56 pm

Who are these "guys sitting behind closed doors"? The NWO/Illuminati/Lizard People Collective? Huh? HUH?!

Are there women, or is this cabal of shadows and conspiracy not as progressive as they would have us think?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jb » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Good thing for the goat he didn't play QB at FSU

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/02/katana-gona-goat-sex_n_4372381.html

The victim of a sexual assault showed up to court to face her attacker. She was a goat.

Katana Kitsao Gona, a 28-year-old man from Kenya, was sentenced to 10 years in jail after admitting he had sex with a goat, KTN Kenya reported Friday.

The goat Gona was convicted of sexually abusing was present, brought there by prosecutors as evidence in the case.

Gona was caught committing the crime last Monday, Prosecuting Chief Inspector Jimmy Kema said.

The neighbor told prosecutors he went to urinate behind a bush, when he noticed clothes hanging on a tree. He investigated and found Gona, naked, having sex with the goat. The victim was tied up to graze, according to The Star.

The owner of the goat was alerted, along with other villagers who caught Gona engaging in the abuse. Police quickly took him into custody.

A report from the district's veterinary officer noted that blood was found coming from its vulva, further evidence of sexual abuse.

Though Gona asked for a pardon in court, saying he had a disabled wife who depended on him, Magistrate Mrs. Muthoni Nzibe gave him the 10-year sentence -- a record sentence in that court for bestiality.

Gona isn't the only busted goat abuser to make the news in recent months.

In August, U.K. man Robert Newman served a six-week sentence after admitting he had sex with a goat. He also had to register as a sex offender.
jb

Previous

Return to College Sports Arena