Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Barkley

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Barkley

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:44 am

I'm in Scottsdale at a dental thing. Just left Morton's and sitting out on the patio is a small group that includes Chuck. I resisted the urge to yell "HEY CHUCK WHATS THE DEAL MAN?!?!" Or something to that effect. I didn't want to be that guy. But now... I wish I would have. No matter what his reaction it would have been a better story than "hey, this one time I walked by Charles Barkley outside of Mortons in Scottsdale."

Oh well.

I hammered and I'm going in the hot tub.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Barkley

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Great story, please tell another.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:53 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:Great story, please tell another.

Yes, please do. I'm almost asleep and need another story like the first to send me off to dream land.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

;-) ;) :wink:
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby jb » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:05 pm

Cool story Bro!
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:18 pm

LOL, I forgot I made this post.

Hey, if you guys insist...

So I'm trying to get to Solon from the west side. I hop on 77N and then merge onto 480E. Well, the left lane from 77N merges with the right lane from 480E. It's not one of those where the two lanes end up side by side. So I'm in the left hand lane on 77 about to merge and traffic is light.

Well, right then this mouth breather who's in the center lane on 480E decides to get in my lane. Now, he's only about a half a car length ahead of so's I have to jump on my brakes. Not really hard, but enough for it to be aggravating, you know? I don't even beep or nothing because who really gives a shit, right? Well, for some reason, this guy takes offense at my not taking offense, or something. I'm not sure what he's mad about, truth be told. Only thing I can figure is that he thinks that I'M the one changing lanes. Dumbass, I wasn't even changing lanes. He's the one who's changing lanes.

Well, now he's good and pissed about something or other so he's weaving back and forth in front of me while flicking me off and shaking his fist at me. I'm crappin' you negative, the dude actually shook his fist. He gets to the right and slows down so he can give me the old stink eye while I'm going past, which he does. In spades. If looks could kill boy howdy!

It was one of those times I wanted to follow him so's I could draw him a picture and show him the error of his ways. I'll bet that guy STILL thinks I'm the one who fucked up, even though it was clearly him.

Some people. Amiright, fellas?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:14 pm

I saw Junkyard Dog once, in the Rochester Airport, I was like 13, he was on a pay phone, wearing his THUMP tights.

I swear to God.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:04 am

I ran into Ellis Burks while we were checking into the same hotel in Scottsdale a few years ago. He was down there to watch the Indians AFL guys. We had a nice conversation about Wes Hodges and CC Sabathia's new contract. Seemed like a good egg.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:26 am

I was helping out room service at a luxury hotel I worked at and served pancakes to the lead singer of the Darkness. His outfit that morning was not that far off from what he has on in the video. Needless to say, I didn't wait around for a gratuity.

Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:35 am

One time I saw Brian McPeek at a bar. Kind of an asshole. Made up some bullshit excuse about his ankle and left.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:54 am

I saw Tony Dungy at the PIA 3 weeks ago. I thanked him for writing his men's daily motivation book like Chris Farley's SNL talk show skit meeting a Ben Stiller screen test.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:34 pm

I got you all beat. Bernie's rookie year he was playing in a golf invitational at the country club where I worked. I gave him a ride in a golf cart from the 18th green, to his car to grab his clothes, then all the way to the door of the men's locker room. He gave me $5 for my troubles. Was probably his first step towards losing millions.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Unread postby StewieG » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:38 pm

I saw Mel Gibson skiing in Aspen. I didn't talk to him.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:46 pm

Love child of shawn kemp wrote:I got you all beat. Bernie's rookie year he was playing in a golf invitational at the country club where I worked. I gave him a ride in a golf cart from the 18th green, to his car to grab his clothes, then all the way to the door of the men's locker room. He gave me $5 for my troubles. Was probably his first step towards losing millions.

I agree, yours in the best besides mine.

1. Seeing JY Dog in public in his THUMP tights
2. Driving rookie Bernie Kosar around in a golf cart when you are actually a kid.

FUDU

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:01 pm

motherscratcher wrote:LOL, I forgot I made this post.

So I'm trying to get to Solon from the west side. I hop on 77N and then merge onto 480E. Well, the left lane from 77N merges with the right lane from 480E. It's not one of those where the two lanes end up side by side. So I'm in the left hand lane on 77 about to merge and traffic is light.

Well, right then this mouth breather who's in the center lane on 480E decides to get in my lane. Now, he's only about a half a car length ahead of so's I have to jump on my brakes. Not really hard, but enough for it to be aggravating, you know? I don't even beep or nothing because who really gives a shit, right? Well, for some reason, this guy takes offense at my not taking offense, or something. I'm not sure what he's mad about, truth be told. Only thing I can figure is that he thinks that I'M the one changing lanes. Dumbass, I wasn't even changing lanes. He's the one who's changing lanes.

Well, now he's good and pissed about something or other so he's weaving back and forth in front of me while flicking me off and shaking his fist at me. I'm crappin' you negative, the dude actually shook his fist. He gets to the right and slows down so he can give me the old stink eye while I'm going past, which he does. In spades. If looks could kill boy howdy!

It was one of those times I wanted to follow him so's I could draw him a picture and show him the error of his ways. I'll bet that guy STILL thinks I'm the one who fucked up, even though it was clearly him.

Maybe not random?

this person was:

A. Eyo

B. A former patient

C. Someone you cut-off 3 miles earlier while simultaneously eating your Big Mac, posting about Barkley and changing lanes without signalling

D. Your dad

E. Gary Busey

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:46 am

StewieG wrote:I saw Mel Gibson skiing in Aspen. I didn't talk to him.

This story would have rocketed to number 1 if you told us you saw Sonnny Bono skiing.....once.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:17 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:

This story would have rocketed to number 1 if you told us you saw Sonnny Bono skiing.....once.

Would have been best story hands down.

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:28 am

YahooFanChicago wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:LOL, I forgot I made this post.

Maybe not random?

this person was:

A. Eyo

B. A former patient

C. Someone you cut-off 3 miles earlier while simultaneously eating your Big Mac, posting about Barkley and changing lanes without signalling

D. Your dad

E. Gary Busey

First, thanks for actually reading that. It wasn't really designed for someone to get past the first sentence or two.

I'd say the most likely candidates are Busey or former patient
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby StewieG » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:40 am

FUDU wrote:
Larvell Blanks wrote:

Would have been best story hands down.

Damn it. Must have just missed him.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:43 am

motherscratcher wrote:One time I saw Brian McPeek at a bar. Kind of an asshole. Made up some bullshit excuse about his ankle and left.

I'd jump out of a tree stand onto a pair of brittle ankles in the hopes of hurting one all over again if it meant limiting my time spent with you.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:58 am

It always better to be the guy that acted like he has some self-respect and treated the celebrity as they would any other person than to be the other guy.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:01 pm

Saw a dead ringer for Randall "Tex" Cobb at the Winking Lizard in Lakewood once.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:21 pm

Saw Jason Taylor two weekends ago on a football visit with my son. He was walking with his brother on Senior Day. Seems like a pretty good sized gap between kids for his mom.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Unread postby googleeph2 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:29 pm

Hikohadon wrote:It always better to be the guy that acted like he has some self-respect and treated the celebrity as they would any other person than to be the other guy.

You sound like me, talking about grown men who walk around in authentic replica jerseys.

Especially when they are old enough to be the player's father.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby dmiles » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:48 am

I used to fly out of Hopkins every week. Sometimes Pittsburgh or Akron but normally I went to Hopkins because I was on the highest level Continental status and could get into first class every other time.

Could not take my eyes off the woman across from me. Dressed down, wearing jeans, not even trying to stand out, and just so fucking hot I kept peeking over. We get off the plane and David Segui is waiting for her. Could have been a high priced hooker for all I know.

Another unknown brush with Celeb at Hopkins was Scott Hamilton was in line in front of me at the newsstand. Except, I had no idea, it was just some slight balding guy purchasing gum and being friendly as hell to everyone. After he walked off the girl said, "did you know who that was", I said "nope", she said Scott Hamilton. Gymnast!!! I said confidently smiling and pointing like Shooter McGavin. No, silly, ice skating. I shake my head thinking fuck that's right.... What a meat-head. My goodness, he was such a little guy, but so freaking nice to everyone. Later I found out thanks to all the ads he was coming to town quite often for cancer treatment.

Oh speaking of gymnasts at DFW when I worked from that airport, little Kerry Strug and posse went sprinting by me to catch a plane. She didn't even have a limp.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby furls » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:49 pm

I drank a beer with Scott Ian of Anthrax at Zanzibar's in Waikiki. I was hanging with a buddy, and Ian saw me look at him and gave me the man "nod." I took that as an invitation to come over and talk for a minute.

He was with a couple of buddies, but he was totally cool, very regular dude. We left his table after a few minutes before it became an awkward Chris Farley interviewing Paul McCartney moment.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby bookelly » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:20 pm

I was Riviera for the LA Open with a couple buddies when Kurt Russell walked past. I couldn't help myself and let out a loud enough for him to hear, "Snaaaake." He turned back and smiled while my buddies bust out laughing.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA