Text Size

College Sports Arena

Game Thread: Bucks vs Oskee Ow-Ow

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Game Thread: Bucks vs Oskee Ow-Ow

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:11 pm

We're a few minutes in and Braxton's already taken one 70 yards to the house and Barnett has a pick.

Hyde must've slept through a class earlier this week to not get the "start".
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Re: Game Thread: Bucks vs Oskee Ow-Ow

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:13 pm

Team looks a little rusty coming off the bye. Cameron Williams on the field is kind of a big deal. I am terrified of that.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:15 pm

WHAT A PUNT!

Johnston has been a ninja on special teams all year.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:22 pm

I've been amazed by Johnston all year. The kid's going to be really really good for 4 years and then play 15 in the NFL.
fairvis

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:38 pm

And Roby with a pick-6 and nice return.

Illinois is able to move the ball a little bit on this D. Not unexpected. But Scheelhause is just screwing up a bit too much.
fairvis

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:39 pm

I hate the zone blitzing with Noah Spence dropping into coverage.

When they do that, they take their best pass rusher (something he is awesome at) and drop him in coverage.... something he is AWFUL at. I know it is about varying looks, but there has to be better ways of doing it.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:41 pm

Camren Williams IS AWFUL. He has given up almost 30 yards on this drive alone by himself on easy tackles he should have made... both for losses.

My GOD the LB depth is AWFUL.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:00 pm

It's a bit early to hope, but I hope Berger can come in next year and make a statement, since Shazier is as good as gone this year.
fairvis

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:03 pm

I am hoping Trey Johnson continues to develop.

I am hoping Raekwon McMillan can come in and make a Katzenmoyer kind of impact next year.

I am hoping that Josh Perry continues to develop.

That is really what we need in order to be good at the second level next year.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Starting to get concerned that these bad teams are making OSU worse. That was awful kick coverage (tackling).

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:56 pm

Meyer sounded a bit chippy about his team's performance going into the half. I love the fact that he is up 35-14 and pissed at his team.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Meyer should be pissed. They're sleepwalking through the game so far. Shazier should've picked up that ball for a TD, but must've thought Spence had it. I like safeties anyways...
fairvis

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:57 pm

Wind is seriously affecting this game. The Buckeyes really can't throw the ball down the field and that is an important part of their game. It is really helping Illinois by allowing them to get a lot closer to the LOS.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:58 pm

This wind is why I always hate games in Champaign in November.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby cappy1920 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:15 pm

The analysts are already talking about Baylor jumping over Ohio State...
cappy1920

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:24 pm

This D is playing luck fuck n crap.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:31 pm

What on God's green Earth was that, did Braxton take retard pills in the past 7-8 minutes?

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Corey Brown is arguably one of the worst PRs in the past 15 years for OSU.

FUDU

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:46 pm

El Guapo is taking it to everyone. 246 yards and 4 TDs. Those last 2 carries were really pretty.

The D has had its issues. Just letting up too much.
fairvis

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:48 pm

This could be real nice memorable season for Hyde, up there with some other great seasons from Buckeye RB's, too bad he's gone, would love to have him one more season.

FUDU

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Hyde has really improved in his time, every year, at Ohio State. A future NFL team would have to be happy with his trajectory. I think he would be a great pick up in the mid rounds, say 3rd-5th round. I just don't think RBs are generally worth that much (unless they are unique talents). I think he'll be a solid NFL back.

Hyde could be a legitimate Heisman contender with a full season.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:45 pm

That was just an ugly game, specially for the D. They looked like they regressed back to what we saw earlier in the year. Wide open guys killing us on 3rd is not acceptable. And for the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, does anyone have the word on Bosa, because our D looked totally different after he left.

The dumb penalties...... Those and the 3rd downs, Christ I wanted to put my fist through a wall. Roby had some of both, the pick 6 was great, he played like he thought he was the #1 pick the rest of the game. Special teams had what seemed like 50 field position killing dumb penalties.

I'm not sure how much the wind fucked with Brax's passing, but on TV he looked really bad. missing guys all over.... wide OPEN guys. I was surprised he went back in after taking that ridiculous hit, which if there is any example of "targeting" that was it.

Fucking C- overall and I think i'm being generous.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby furls » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:33 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:That was just an ugly game, specially for the D. They looked like they regressed back to what we saw earlier in the year. Wide open guys killing us on 3rd is not acceptable. And for the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, does anyone have the word on Bosa, because our D looked totally different after he left.

The dumb penalties...... Those and the 3rd downs, Christ I wanted to put my fist through a wall. Roby had some of both, the pick 6 was great, he played like he thought he was the #1 pick the rest of the game. Special teams had what seemed like 50 field position killing dumb penalties.

I'm not sure how much the wind fucked with Brax's passing, but on TV he looked really bad. missing guys all over.... wide OPEN guys. I was surprised he went back in after taking that ridiculous hit, which if there is any example of "targeting" that was it.

Fucking C- overall and I think i'm being generous.

Your absolutely right that it looked like a regression. One of the key changes in this D has been the evolution of Josh Perry and Curtis Grant. Grant is still a liability in coverage, but Josh Perry has seen a marked increase in his playtime while in Nickel. Perry has really come on, and I think the drop from him to Camren Williams was enormous. Do two guys really make that big of a difference? No, but we did go back to basically not having a second level in this defense.

That is a recurring theme over the last 2-3 years. I am getting concerned about the LB coaching and talent evaluation. I will give Fickell the BoD because the team has had an unusual amount of attrition at that position, but we do have some data points (Curtis Grant, Etienne Sabino to name a couple) suggesting a significant concern.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Return to College Sports Arena