Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Not a peep on Martin here?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Not a peep on Martin here?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:55 pm

More Incognito related douchebaggery.

Recently suspended offensive lineman Richie Incognito was investigated last year for harassing a volunteer at the Miami Dolphins' annual golf tournament by allegedly molesting her with a golf club, according to Aventura, Fla., police. The original police report states that the alleged incident happened at the Turnberry Resort & Club in Aventura, but no charges were filed against Incognito. The 34-year-old volunteer told police Incognito had been drinking and was "acting very inappropriate towards her," and that she went to police after Incognito said he wouldn't apologize.

The report states that the volunteer told police that Incognito "used his golf club to touch her by rubbing it up against her vagina, then up her stomach then to her chest. He then used the club to knock a pair of sunglasses off the top of her head.

"After that, he proceeded to lean up against her buttocks with his private parts as if dancing, saying 'Let it rain! Let it rain!'" the report states. "He finally finished his inappropriate behavior by emptying bottled water in her face."

The story was first reported Thursday by WPLG-ABC in Miami.

The woman, who is black, told several media outlets she has declined to talk because she had signed a confidentiality agreement.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99440 ... no-charges
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:56 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
FUDU wrote:I didn't know there was a text book on the reactions of victims of bullying.

You don't think there is a psych text book that addresses bullying and likely reactions by the victims?

::doh::

C'mon man.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:56 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Anyone catch Martin's lawyer's statement?

Jonathan Martin's toughness is not at issue. Jonathan has started every game with the Miami Dolphins since he was drafted in 2012. At Stanford, he was the anchor for Jim Harbaugh's ‘smash mouth' brand of football and he protected Andrew Luck's blind side.

Jonathan endured harassment that went far beyond the traditional locker room hazing. For the entire season-and-a-half that he was with the Dolphins, he attempted to befriend the same teammates who subjected him to the abuse with the hope that doing so would end the harassment. This is a textbook reaction of victims of bullying. Despite these efforts, the taunting continued. Beyond the well-publicized voice mail with its racial epithet, Jonathan endured a malicious physical attack on him by a teammate, and daily vulgar comments such as the quote at the bottom. These facts are not in dispute.

QUOTE - "We are going to run train on your sister. ... She loves me. I am going to fuck her without a condom and cum in her cunt."

Ick, how do you let that guy go make that public statement, no matter what the facts are?

No way he ever plays for Miami again. He'd get the bar of soap in the sock treatment.

Judging by the reactions by his teammates I think that ship had already sailed.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:56 pm

Jonathan Martin's toughness is not at issue. Jonathan has started every game with the Miami Dolphins since he was drafted in 2012. At Stanford, he was the anchor for Jim Harbaugh's ‘smash mouth' brand of football and he protected Andrew Luck's blind side.

Jonathan endured harassment that went far beyond the traditional locker room hazing. For the entire season-and-a-half that he was with the Dolphins, he attempted to befriend the same teammates who subjected him to the abuse with the hope that doing so would end the harassment. This is a textbook reaction of victims of bullying. Despite these efforts, the taunting continued. Beyond the well-publicized voice mail with its racial epithet, Jonathan endured a malicious physical attack on him by a teammate, and daily vulgar comments such as the quote at the bottom. These facts are not in dispute.

QUOTE - "We are going to run train on your sister. ... She loves me. I am going to fuck her without a condom and cum in her cunt."

Ick, how do you let that guy go make that public statement, no matter what the facts are?

No way he ever plays for Miami again. He'd get the bar of soap in the sock treatment.

I don't think he'll ever play for anyone again, I think this will blackball him.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:58 pm

TouchEmAllTime wrote:

I don't think he'll ever play for anyone again, I think this will blackball him.

That depends. How good is he?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:58 pm

FUDU wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
FUDU wrote:I didn't know there was a text book on the reactions of victims of bullying.

You don't think there is a psych text book that addresses bullying and likely reactions by the victims?

::doh::

C'mon man.

I guess I missed something
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:01 pm

motherscratcher wrote: Judging by the reactions by his teammates I think that ship had already sailed.

Yeah his teammates have received their marching orders for them to hold the line and are going to defend Incognito to the bitter end.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:02 pm

1 ? Friday, who plays football again in the NFL, Martin or Incognito?

IMO Icnognito.

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:06 pm

FUDU wrote:1 ? Friday, who plays football again in the NFL, Martin or Incognito?

IMO Icnognito.

I think they both do, but if I had to pick one it'd be RI.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:18 pm

Major reason I say Martin will not is b/c he doesn't want to IMO.

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:27 pm

FUDU wrote:Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough we must do.

:-)

Shut up, Cracka.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:10 am

Heard a psychologist speaking today and they touched on this story, with a rather different possible angle. They suggest if Martin wanted out of football regardless of the reason maybe he saw an opportunity building with his relationship with RI and sought to gain sympathy or leverage from the public perception. Via means of the similarities between this and the Trayon Martin effect on the public. He's black like Trayvon, same name as Trayvon, and was mistreated and labeled an N'er as was alleged about Treyvon, and it all took place in Florida where they are chomping at the bit for justice etc.

In court of public opinion Martin has already gained significant favor v. RI.

It sounds a bit conspiratorial for sure, but it is a little thought provoking I suppose.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:09 am

FUDU wrote:Heard a psychologist speaking today and they touched on this story, with a rather different possible angle. They suggest if Martin wanted out of football regardless of the reason maybe he saw an opportunity building with his relationship with RI and sought to gain sympathy or leverage from the public perception. Via means of the similarities between this and the Trayon Martin effect on the public. He's black like Trayvon, same name as Trayvon, and was mistreated and labeled an N'er as was alleged about Treyvon, and it all took place in Florida where they are chomping at the bit for justice etc.

It sounds a bit conspiratorial for sure, but it is a little thought provoking I suppose.

It sounds stupid as shit.

Just do me one favor, stay away from the Alex Jones Show.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:28 am

FUDU wrote: they touched on .
jb

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:30 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
FUDU wrote:Heard a psychologist speaking today and they touched on this story, with a rather different possible angle. They suggest if Martin wanted out of football regardless of the reason maybe he saw an opportunity building with his relationship with RI and sought to gain sympathy or leverage from the public perception. Via means of the similarities between this and the Trayon Martin effect on the public. He's black like Trayvon, same name as Trayvon, and was mistreated and labeled an N'er as was alleged about Treyvon, and it all took place in Florida where they are chomping at the bit for justice etc.

It sounds stupid as shit.

Fox News expanding its portfolio.
jb

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:05 pm

RI was looking for a fight...he was going to egg on Martin to fight so he could beat his ass

Martin wouldn't oblige <----- the bigger man

If you're being harassed on a daily basis by a fellow employee and you know its at the direction of and condoned by the people who cut your check, what else do you do?

He's not the one who created the media frenzy despite the fact he's at the center of it

...but heh, I remember decades ago when NFL players were considered the 'smartest' because of the complexities of the game and the fact graduating from college was almost a prerequisite

Surely, when they were interviewed they were always the most well spoken

Those days are about as far gone as any hopes of an economic recovery under the Obama administration ....
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:25 pm

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:RI was looking for a fight...he was going to egg on Martin to fight so he could beat his ass

If you're being harassed on a daily basis by a fellow employee and you know its at the direction of and condoned by the people who cut your check, what else do you do?

He's not the one who created the media frenzy despite the fact he's at the center of it

...but heh, I remember decades ago when NFL players were considered the 'smartest' because of the complexities of the game and the fact graduating from college was almost a prerequisite

Surely, when they were interviewed they were always the most well spoken

Those days are about as far gone as any hopes of an economic recovery under the Obama administration ....

The wisened voice speaks.

Nominated.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:21 pm

Cdt I agree it sounds nutty, just found it interesting that someone put that much thought into.

FMB, remeber, Martin released the info, we wouldnt know about this otherwsie. He could have simply just walked away from the game with no further explanation. Not that he should have had to, but since he didnt it raises questions of otjer motives.

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:55 pm

FUDU wrote:Cdt I agree it sounds nutty, just found it interesting that someone put that much thought into.

FMB, remeber, Martin released the info, we wouldnt know about this otherwsie. He could have simply just walked away from the game with no further explanation. Not that he should have had to, but since he didnt it raises questions of otjer motives.

Yeah, if he would have just walked away and didn't say anything nobody would have ever even noticed.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:55 pm

My bet- Philbin loses his job over this.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Mo my point being he could have an alternative motive than just exposing this issue. My gut says he sincere but who knows really.

FUDU

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:43 pm

mattvan1 wrote:My bet- Philbin loses his job over this.

I think the Dolphins ending up about 6-10 after starting 3-0 will help make that decision easier.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:10 pm

Yeah matt you're not exactly standing out on a limb there.

FTR I agree, and frankly based on this issue alone he just may deserve to be.

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:40 pm

FUDU wrote:Mo my point being he could have an alternative motive than just exposing this issue. My gut says he sincere but who knows really.

Of course he can have an alternative motive. And the problem with this is that there's absolutely no evidence that this is the case. It's just some bullshit that somebody pulled out of there ass and now it's out in the ether; just another shovel full on the giant pile of shit that's out there blaming Martin for his own torment. Another example not too far for "she was asking for it."

Just go back and look at the initial reactions in this thread. I don't think it was too far in before we got the first "JM should have punched him. Why didn't he just punch him?" take. As if just because he's big he's somehow partly to blame for not starting a fight. It's out there all over the place that Martin is less than a man for not taking matters into his own hands. The victim's fault.

And now it's Martin trying to orchestrate this elaborate plan to burn the NFL to the ground because he didn't want to play any more and was afraid to say anything? Not only is it ridiculous, it's irresponsible for whatever outlet puts this type of shit out there.

And I'm not talking about you FU. There's a world of difference between us bullshiting about this in our little corner of the net and some type of news outlet tapping a psychologist to forward this unsupported crap.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:43 pm

Not to mention I'm not an outlet.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:08 pm

FUDU wrote:Not to mention I'm not an outlet.

Must.... resist..... urge.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jb » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:31 pm

Receptical ?
jb

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:37 pm

Wall socket

He licked one...that's how he lost his hair
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:30 am

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:RI was looking for a fight...he was going to egg on Martin to fight so he could beat his ass

They get paid millions of dollars to fight. That's what they are supposed to do. This isn't some shirt and tie 9-5, it's fucking football. I don't want to hear any bullshit about bullying. Is Incognito an incredible asshole- clearly. Is Martin a pussy- clearly.

I'm on the players side- this is ridiculous. Handle your own business.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:31 am

Erie Warrior wrote:

They get paid millions of dollars to fight. That's what they are supposed to do. This isn't some shirt and tie 9-5, it's fucking football. I don't want to hear any bullshit about bullying. Is Incognito an incredible asshole- clearly. Is Martin a pussy- clearly.

Most of the players are on Martin's side.

Accept of course, those with a vested interest in which one makes their team better, and/or are afraid if Incognito themself.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jb » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:56 am

The Phins are expected to tell Martin he can't return to the team.

Do they even have lawyers on retainer?

Gift wrapping the verdict.
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:04 am

jb wrote:The Phins are expected to tell Martin he can't return to the team.

The suits at NFLPA HQ are popping anticipatory vicodin.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby jb » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:15 am

Hikohadon wrote:

'reece and Rog might even be hanging with Boener at happy hour.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:25 am

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

'reece and Rog might even be hanging with Boener at happy hour.

"We recognize the severity of Mr. Martin's situation and allegations. Our most important consideration is Mr. Martin's physical and mental health and well being. We are conducting an extensive investigation regarding his allegations over the locker room culture and we feel it best for both Mr. Martin and Mr. Incognito that the investigation be conducted as thoroughly as possible and completed while they remain outside of the organization. Both players will be compensated while the investigation continues and through its resolution."

PR 101

People suck that shit up and NFL can throw in enough shit like "Mr. Martin's mental well being" that they can start detailing the crazy train for future use.

This means nothing regarding a verdict.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:30 pm

After Suh, Incognito might be the most hated player in the damn league. Good for Martin for getting out of that cunt factory before something REALLY bad happened. If he comes back, i'd bet he'll find a team that would welcome him.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:16 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:

I didn't say one fucking word about bullying...not one... and I never even suggested is was about bullying

Its about a proper work environment or, as its known in the National Fucking Football League...Team Chemistry?

You failed.....repeat the class

... and no, they don't get paid to fight, they get paid to win football games and they'rte doing apretty fucking bad job at it as a TEAM!

Sorry, ain't buyin' your tuff guy bullshit

RI's been a fucking cancer on every team he's been on and he's as big a piece of shit as anyone who came before him...

I give you an F
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:34 am

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:
I didn't say one fucking word about bullying...not one... and I never even suggested is was about bullying

Its about a proper work environment or, as its known in the National Fucking Football League...Team Chemistry?

You failed.....repeat the class

... and no, they don't get paid to fight, they get paid to win football games and they'rte doing apretty fucking bad job at it as a TEAM!

Sorry, ain't buyin' your tuff guy bullshit

RI's been a fucking cancer on every team he's been on and he's as big a piece of shit as anyone who came before him...

I give you an F

Fucking Obama!

And fuck you and your stupid work environment take- weak sauce at best.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:30 am

blah blah blah blah blah

Most people would expect a teacher to take a more reasonable WELL THOUGHT OUT attempt to make sense regarding bullying, HS atheletes gone wild and the degenerate, over privileged world of 21st century sports in America...

.... but not me. I've known for decades you're a bunch of whiney assed hypocrites

Now, go beat some kids....
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:21 pm

He should have fought back....

:shakeshisdamnhead at the culture

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... ame-111513

School spokeswoman Nancy Young identified the suspect as 22-year-old Lamont Daniel Britt. A Forsyth County jail official said Britt, a running back from Portsmouth, Va., was being held there Friday night on a charge of misdemeanor assault inflicting serious injury.

''There is no excuse for the behavior of the Virginia State players,'' Reaves said.

Young said Johnson was assaulted in the bathroom at the Anderson Conference Center on the Winston-Salem campus during the luncheon.

''Today's event was supposed to be a celebration for both teams and for all the players who were being recognized for an outstanding season,'' Reaves said. ''The actions from the Virginia State players certainly changed the outcome for everyone.''

Virginia State Athletic Director Peggy Davis didn't return a phone call seeking comment, but the school issued a statement on its website saying it is fully cooperating with the CIAA in its investigation and couldn't comment further.

Both Winston-Salem State and Virginia State are 9-1. The Rams lost to Valdosta State in the NCAA Division II championship game last year, and both teams were in position to earn postseason berths this season.

The Winston-Salem Journal reported that five Virginia State players were involved and Reaves said university police are trying to identify the others.
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:30 am

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:blah blah blah blah blah

Most people would expect a teacher to take a more reasonable WELL THOUGHT OUT attempt to make sense regarding bullying, HS atheletes gone wild and the degenerate, over privileged world of 21st century sports in America...

.... but not me. I've known for decades you're a bunch of whiney assed hypocrites

Now, go beat some kids....

High school = NFL. Clearly.

I would expect an asshat like you to not only equate the two situations, but then post a link supporting your assertion. It's impossible for that to be a poor decision by individuals, but rather an example of the norm.

You don't want athletes to be overprivileged, stop watching. And make sure sure 10's of millions of your closest friends do the same. Until then, STFU.

This is not about the bullying of a teenager who can't defend themselves, this is about a guy who didn't like that someone called him a name and said they would fornicate with his sister, so he created a media super-shitstorm to get off a team he has a contract with.

Sticks and stones.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL