Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Not a peep on Martin here?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Not a peep on Martin here?

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:09 pm

[quote="jBefore anyone makes 1 more post on this he should google & red Kings SI MMQB interview with former Dolphins OLman Murtha.[/quote]

That story really gives another viewpoint. Like was said in this thread, I initially wrote off RI as a racist a-hole but now the story takes a turn. As far as Riley Cooper, he was using the N word in a public setting to a man he didn't know vs RI using it in a presumably private message to a guy that was a teammate and friend and to whom he had apparently used that term many times with Martin laughing about it.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Corey KKKKKluber
Least Favorite Player: Domestic Violence

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Okay, just so I got this right; It's wrong to use the N word in public towards someone you don't know, but it's fine to use it in a private text (combined with 2 threats of physical violence) to your own teammate?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jb » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:31 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Okay, just so I got this right; It's wrong to use the N word in public towards someone you don't know, but it's fine to use it in a private text (combined with 2 threats of physical violence) to your own teammate?

Christ. let me break it down for you.

It is NEVER OK to a Black man for a white man to use the N-bomb. Particularly when you end it with an "er" like Cooper. Especially when you're at a country concert dropping it while in your wranglers and cut off sleeve flannel shirt. It IS OK for your red neck friends.

It may be OK for a white man to use the N word with an 'a" at the end if said white man has direct and applicable knowledge to the Black man or men around him that he has special dispensation as an honorary Black man. This is extremely rare but has on occasion probably ocurred. It is never OK for a white man to have an opinion on this dispensation. It is solely at the discretion of the Black man who gives approval or curb stomps the white man in reaction.

This is really simple 101 stuff. How do you NOT get this?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:44 pm

honorary Black man

Hah. What's it take to get that title revoked?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:10 pm

My boy Stephen A nails this on the head, especially the a/er part, the only thing I would questipn SAS on is his inyentions whrn he says as a white man go on up in the hood and say either and see what happens. He needs to explain himself better on that.

Maybe I ask him when I see him in NY.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:24 pm

peeker643 wrote:
googleeph2 wrote:I have attributed the decline in HS FB participation to soccer having a concurrent season, and coaches of other sports encouraging their kids to specialize in their sports. It may be more than anecdotal that some parents steer their kids away from football due to potential injury, I guess.

If you think parents are steering their kids to soccer in order to AVOID concussions then you're probably not too familiar with soccer at the youth level or above. That's not the sport to go to if you want to avoid concussions.

You want a fall sport without concussions then play golf or cross country. Stay off the soccer field and football field.

Compared to other contact sports, head injuries are common in soccer. In neuropsychologist Dr. Jill Brooks’ study of high school soccer players, she found that more than one quarter of them had experienced one or more concussions. Neuropsychologist Dr. Ruben Echemendia reported that in his study of college athletes, over 40 percent of the soccer players had at least one concussion prior to attending college. By comparison, only 30 percent of the incoming football players in the same study reported having had a concussion.

This ^^^^^^

...but hey, its 'fashionable'... :clap:

I hate the sport... and yeah, I have an appreciation of the athleticism involved as I've sat on the sidelines of UNLV games back in the 80's

I just hate it and the Uppities who are involved in it...
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:31 pm

Here's the shitsack saying "n***a" in public while running around shirtless like (as FMB said "roid rage") dumbass meathead.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/ri ... age/209665

Does this pull his "honorary black man" card?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:49 pm

The general public and the dim media do understand that the Dolphins are gonna side with the guy they feel can help them win most, right?

If Incognito was a reserve he'da been thrown under the racist bus long ago.

Pretty much the way these things work. Always.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:51 pm

So your saying Incognito is a playa.

FUDU

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:08 am

FUDU wrote:So your saying Incognito is a playa.

Far from it. He's a decent starter on a team who's weakness is offensive line.

If he were a playa they'da probably had Martin thrown in Biscayne Bay.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:35 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Okay, just so I got this right; It's wrong to use the N word in public towards someone you don't know, but it's fine to use it in a private text (combined with 2 threats of physical violence) to your own teammate?

I am not trying to set rules of society. Merely commenting on one major difference between the two circumstances. Cooper did not know the dude he was throwing it out at while RI did. I don't condone either nor would I use the word ending in "a" or er. To me as a white dude that word does not belong to us. I see some of my sons HS football teammates throwing it around on Facebook and using it in the locker room, the "a" version. Like I told one of them you have no reason to use that word. It's all fun and games until somebody doesn't think it's so funny or you use it in front of the wrong person and get your ass beat.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Corey KKKKKluber
Least Favorite Player: Domestic Violence

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:40 am

Love child of shawn kemp wrote:I am not trying to set rules of society. Merely commenting on one major difference between the two circumstances. Cooper did not know the dude he was throwing it out at while RI did. I don't condone either nor would I use the word ending in "a" or er. To me as a white dude that word does not belong to us. I see some of my sons HS football teammates throwing it around on Facebook and using it in the locker room, the "a" version. Like I told one of them you have no reason to use that word. It's all fun and games until somebody doesn't think it's so funny or you use it in front of the wrong person and get your ass beat.

Fair enough.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:46 am

Never mind lead I was playn withya.
Last edited by FUDU on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:57 am

Love child of shawn kemp wrote:

I am not trying to set rules of society. Merely commenting on one major difference between the two circumstances. Cooper did not know the dude he was throwing it out at while RI did. I don't condone either nor would I use the word ending in "a" or er. To me as a white dude that word does not belong to us. I see some of my sons HS football teammates throwing it around on Facebook and using it in the locker room, the "a" version. Like I told one of them you have no reason to use that word. It's all fun and games until somebody doesn't think it's so funny or you use it in front of the wrong person and get your ass beat.

This is an example of what I'm talking about above with SAS POV. It appears to be perfectly fine to suggest and condone a physically violent confrontation if a person not of color calls a person of color the N word, a/we. Not directing that at you Kemp.

But think about that for a second.

Does that same "courtesy" get extended to anyone and everyone when they (or a loved one) are referenced with a very hurtful name or label, does the big brother of a mentally challenged sibling get afforded that same leeway if someone calls his brother a retard?

Does CDT or myself get to beat someone's face in the ground if we're called a Nazi?

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:28 am

Calling a white dude a nazi is not the same as calling a black dude a n......

There is no equivalent.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:46 am

People here have made Nazi references towards me countless times.

Doesn't bother me (and even if it did it no one here would have the balls to say it to my face) since no one in my family was ever involved with them.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:32 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:People here have made Nazi references towards me countless times.

Doesn't bother me (and even if it did it no one here would have the balls to say it to my face) since no one in my family was ever involved with them.

I'd say it to you but then again, I'm probably one of the few here that could look you eye to eye.

My old college roommate (African American) would call me his N_____A all the time and I was told I had my hood pass. While it may have opened a small crack in the door for me to recipricate the sentiment, I never, ever said it back to him as that term of enderement did not belong to me. Just a matter of respect that I had towards him and his friends.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:48 am

motherscratcher wrote:Calling a white dude a nazi is not the same as calling a black dude a n......

There is no equivalent.

I happen to agree. What about for EG if CDT had family ties with the actual Nazis. Now we all know CDT is not responsible for those atrocities but to be lumped in with them is a rather serious indictment and claim due to the history, and let's face it Germany and many of it's people have been tied to those horrible times despite virtually no of them today having anything to do with it.

What I am saying mo, and your reply above kind of exemplifies it, is that there appears to be a public moral justification (or a condoned "looking the other way") for a violent response if somebody calls a black man the N word. So I simply ask why does the same attitude not apply across the board, with all sorts of varying things in life? As a society we are constantly calling for things like due process, and calling for appropriate levels of response to varying confrontations, most often condemning violent responses. We as a society don't even take that attitude with homosexuals when they are called faggots, the same "courtesy" is not afforded to their response, and homosexuals have most certainly been discriminated against historically, and quite significantly so for a number of years.

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:57 am

Duh.

The Nazis got over. Until they didn't.

Can't compare it to a label of helpless systemic genocide.

It doesn't even make sense.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:00 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:People here have made Nazi references towards me countless times.

Well that's cause ur German. Not white. So it's OK.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:03 am

jb wrote:Duh.

Another replying exemplifying my point, until you clarify.

Are you saying until the black man "gets over" than yes a violent response to the N word in accorded to him? (or are you saying that is the way in which he gets over).

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:03 am

Can white cats quote the N Bomb?

Like when that Pac joint "Strctly for my Ns" came out.

Really made it hard to talk about the work. This is so confusing.

Telling it like it is: Anyone who has set foot out of Bay Village or has a racist agenda understands this stuff. Are we seriously having this thred?
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:06 am

Enter the lawyer....

Martins attorney is one high powered bad motoguzzi. His statement is a Yamato shell sized shot across the bow. Talk of actual assault. The NFL better circle the wagons stat. They just rode into the entire angry Souix Nation.

This is not going to be framed as a racist issue. That would limit scope. He's too smart for that chess move.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:12 am

FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:Duh.

Another replying exemplifying my point, until you clarify.

Are you saying until the black man "gets over" than yes a violent response to the N word in accorded to him? (or are you saying that is the way in which he gets over).

Seriously Chedder Bob?

I mean ur entertaining and all but...
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:15 am

jb wrote:Can white cats quote the N Bomb?

Telling it like it is: Anyone who has set foot out of Bay Village or has a racist agenda understands this stuff. Are we seriously having this thred?

I'm not talking about who or whether or not a person not of color can quote the N word. Any educated person knows the history of the word, and its implications and how narrow scoped its intent is.

Pay attention, what I'm talking about is the overwhelming attitude TOWARD what happens/should happen IF a white man does in fact direct the N word toward a black man.

I know where you went to HS, this isn't that hard to get your head around, and I know what your Jesuit mentors would expect your answer to be.

"If you're a white dude and you walk up in the hood and call a black man a N a/er, watch what happens", that is a quote from a more than a few respected black men in the media. It needs to be expounded IMO.

ETA: I missed your reply above JB, I guess I already know your answer.

"It is solely at the discretion of the Black man who gives approval or curb stomps the white man in reaction".

Safe to assume you were serious I guess. Sad.

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:46 am

FUDU, there is a difference between arrested and prosecuted for dropping an N Bomb and getting your ass beat by dropping one in the hood. Clearly nobody is being arrested and shouldn't be, but that isn't the same thing as free of consequence.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:49 am

I don't understand why there is so much "well black guys can say it so why shouldn't I be allowed to" sentiment that still pervades. Is this really a problem? Why do so many white guys seem like they want to say it so much? Just don't fucking use that word. Everyone will be OK.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:35 am

FUDU wrote:

I'm not talking about who or whether or not a person not of color can quote the N word. Any educated person knows the history of the word, and its implications and how narrow scoped its intent is.

Pay attention, what I'm talking about is the overwhelming attitude TOWARD what happens/should happen IF a white man does in fact direct the N word toward a black man.

I know where you went to HS, this isn't that hard to get your head around, and I know what your Jesuit mentors would expect your answer to be.

"If you're a white dude and you walk up in the hood and call a black man a N a/er, watch what happens", that is a quote from a more than a few respected black men in the media. It needs to be expounded IMO.

"It is solely at the discretion of the Black man who gives approval or curb stomps the white man in reaction".

Cheddar Bob, I am seriously asking you because I really still can't quite come to grips: are you really this dense to ask these questions?

Do you think this is some random big board of gumps you're dealing with?
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:37 am

motherscratcher wrote: Is this really a problem? .

Damn skippy it is.

We NEEED to use that word to end all forms of racism. It is the key that unlocks the tumblers to the universal brotherhood of man. It's like the handprint bringing oxygen to Mars.

Denying us the right to equally use the N a word is like Don't Fear The Reaper without cow bell.
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:48 am

jb wrote:

Well it's not like I haven't called you and Peek "bug eaters and micks" many times. But it obviously doesn't bother either of you, so it's fine.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby justmebd » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:49 am

jb wrote:
motherscratcher wrote: Is this really a problem? .

Denying us the right to equally use the N a word is like Don't Fear The Reaper without cow bell.

Brain officially exploded. Grey matter everywhere.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:53 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
jb wrote:

Well it's not like I haven't called you and Peek "bug eaters and micks" many times. But it obviously doesn't bother either of you, so it's fine.

People would call me a drunk too.

Oh, wait. That wasn't ethnic.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:55 am

It finally hit me.

Martin is a good enough football player to get a D1 schollie to a top 10 BCS program.

Martin is a good enough football player to be a high NFL draft pick.

Martin is a good enough football player to be one of 64 starters at the OT position on the planet.

How he did this is a means to an end.

The Code says the means are the end. That the rest doesn't matter.

In his state I'm sure a kid and/or his family thought about this question, "Why do I have to be all I despise and corrupt the values I have to do a job I'm clearly by every objective measure I
I'm qualified to do ?"

This sin't about being a pussy. This isn't about racism. This isn't even about Ritchie Incognito as an individual per se.

Martin is going after the whole....damn....thing.

He's going after the Junction Boys.

He's going after Frank Kush's desert runs.

He's going after the delusional megelamaniacal JoPa Cult of Personality.

He's going after Steubenville, Missouri and every kid every wedgied on the frosh team.

He's going after Woody, The Bear, Lombardi... the whole 9 yards.

He's decided that fighting Incognito is a clown show of nickle slots. The REAL action is at the millionaires game in the back room. He knows what he's risking and knows what he's losing. This is a Curt Flood moment.

He's about as mentally weak as a mix of Gandhi and Slim Pickins riding the H bomb down on the Rooskies.

This is why this issue is arousing such passions. He's going after the whole football culture.
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:56 am

Olbermann destroyed Murtha's piece last night and all things point to the Dolphins not only knowing this stuff was going on, but encouraging it. All the players' statements are being spoon fed to them by an org trying to cover it's own ass. The GM might as well stick his own head on pike after telling Martin's lawyer he should punch Incognito.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:10 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I don't understand why there is so much "well black guys can say it so why shouldn't I be allowed to" sentiment that still pervades. Is this really a problem? Why do so many white guys seem like they want to say it so much? Just don't fucking use that word. Everyone will be OK.

But that is not even remotely what I am talking about, what you bring up is a completely different angle to the discussion.

I am strictly talking about the attitude that once that word IS spoken at a black man that whatever repercussions follow are completely justified, even violence. Heck your reply right there exemplifies it yet again with "just don't use it and everyone will be OK"....or what, violence will ensue and you are perfectly fine with that? Do you personally condone a violent response to the use of the N word? My guess is no.

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:13 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Olbermann destroyed Murtha's piece last night and all things point to the Dolphins not only knowing this stuff was going on, but encouraging it. All the players' statements are being spoon fed to them by an org trying to cover it's own ass. The GM might as well stick his own head on pike after telling Martin's lawyer he should punch Incognito.

Are you suggesting Murtha is lying of full of it, didn't Murtha pretty much call BS on the culture and the Phins org?

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:18 pm

jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:

Cheddar Bob, I am seriously asking you because I really still can't quite come to grips: are you really this dense to ask these questions?

You've avoided the question what 3 times now. Be insulted if you want, I'm not trying to knock you down a peg or whatever, for the sake of a discussion answer the freaking question.

You ALWAYS like to ask people to recognize, so I am asking you, recognize the attitude I am talking about. Hell I quoted two respected black men in the community, one of which gives sermons to the black community, and is held in high regard as a man in the black community. A quote like that begs the question to explain further. Is that statement just one of a sad reality or is it a condoning of a free pass type of response to an OBVIOUSLY ignorant and uncalled for action of running up in the hood and dropping the N bomb.

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:22 pm

JB, RE your new theory on Martin, maybe, but I tend to lean with Occam's razor for this. The simple answer is probably the answer. IMO Martin doesn't REALLY want to play football period.

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:51 pm

FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:

You've avoided the question what 3 times now. Be insulted if you want, I'm not trying to knock you down a peg or whatever, for the sake of a discussion answer the freaking question.

You ALWAYS like to ask people to recognize, so I am asking you, recognize the attitude I am talking about. Hell I quoted two respected black men in the community, one of which gives sermons to the black community, and is held in high regard as a man in the black community. A quote like that begs the question to explain further. Is that statement just one of a sad reality or is it a condoning of a free pass type of response to an OBVIOUSLY ignorant and uncalled for action of running up in the hood and dropping the N bomb.

Because it is so F'n stupid I can't bring myself to answer it. I feel as though I would be justifying your dimness and thereby not only insulting myself but you as well by acknowledging your blindness of the gulf of what is and what should be like as if you're a beauty contestant giving the answer to middle east peace.

It's because I care that I demur. Not because I insult.

You are asking obvious, rhetorical questions that no sane, intelligent soul would disagree with. And yet they bear no resemblance to reality. And in the end, they utterly lack relevance and interest value I might add. Trite, contrived and appallingly boring.

You happy?
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:54 pm

FUDU wrote:JB, RE your new theory on Martin, maybe, but I tend to lean with Occam's razor for this. The simple answer is probably the answer. IMO Martin doesn't REALLY want to play football period.

I acknowledge it may not be how it started. It may not even be from Jonathan. But it is where it is now.

Think about the circle he is in family and their network-wise.
jb

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:03 pm

FUDU wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:I don't understand why there is so much "well black guys can say it so why shouldn't I be allowed to" sentiment that still pervades. Is this really a problem? Why do so many white guys seem like they want to say it so much? Just don't fucking use that word. Everyone will be OK.

But that is not even remotely what I am talking about, what you bring up is a completely different angle to the discussion.

I am strictly talking about the attitude that once that word IS spoken at a black man that whatever repercussions follow are completely justified, even violence. Heck your reply right there exemplifies it yet again with "just don't use it and everyone will be OK"....or what, violence will ensue and you are perfectly fine with that? Do you personally condone a violent response to the use of the N word? My guess is no.

I got your question then and I get it now. But it's a pointless question not based in reality or any understanding of the world and how it works.

But if you need an answer then, no, I don't condone violence of any sort for any reason other than self defense. But that is a wholly different thing than not understanding why it occurs and believing that in some cases it is justified.

But nobody is walking into a bar in Harlem and dropping bombs and then acting surprised or violated when there is a reaction, even if that reaction is "illegal".

ETA: what JB said said a few posts up is what I'm trying to say, but JB says things gooder than I can when I try 'spaining things and stuff.
Last edited by motherscratcher on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:04 pm

Not really b/c frankly is punt of sorts, maybe more accurately it's a hedge bet sort of reply. It very much reads you want to reserve a right to pick and choose when to apply hand picked logic and answers. I still think, that in your mind, you are still hung up on some juvenile notion that this is about tit for tat use of the N word.

FTR since I asked you, I'll answer it myself. There is no condoning of a violent response the the N word being thrown at a black mean, no from me.

You don't acknowledge that any sentiment as such exists, yet you can see it and hear it in the words that so often follow when/if a white man drops the N word in the hood. If it's so "insane" and there's such a consensus about it, then why does it in reality exist? Why is it one of those unwritten unspoken of trains of thought in our society? Feel free to treat THOSE questions as rhetorical.

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:09 pm

FUDU wrote:
FTR since I asked you, I'll answer it myself. There is no condoning of a violent response the the N word being thrown at a black mean, no from me.

REALLY?!?

OMG!

That is so unvbelievably insightful!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Dhali Fuckin Lhama Cheddar Bob FUDU.

If it's so "insane" and there's such a consensus about it, then why does it in reality exist?

Now we's goin to Goerthe & shit, eh?

Fuck me.

:thud:
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:14 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
FUDU wrote:

I got your question then and I get it now. But it's a pointless question not based in reality or any understanding of the world and how it works.

But if you need an answer then, no, I don't condone violence of any sort for any reason other than self defense. But that is a wholly different thing than not understanding why it occurs and believing that in some cases it is justified.

But nobody is walking into a bar in Harlem and dropping bombs and then acting surprised or violated when there is a reaction, even if that reaction is "illegal".

It's based in reality in that those quotes above (that I posted) are spoken on a regular basis from members of the black community (and also from members of whit community). There's a reason those quotes are spoken, there's a reality to it, a rather unspoken reality. Frankly, I'm not surprised when those things happen as in your example, we're emotional creatures and when you add alcohol to the mix, forget about it. Doesn't excuse it or make it right by any means. But it wouldn't be spoken about in such manners if A) it didn't actually happen and B) if at some point society didn't find it acceptable to some level. But who would ever actually come out and admit that, right? Especially in the media.

My major problem here is how we tip toe around so many issues, not just race, and yet how those issue perpetuate. You want these issues to change and disappear, stop tip toeing around them.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:26 pm

FUDU wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Olbermann destroyed Murtha's piece last night and all things point to the Dolphins not only knowing this stuff was going on, but encouraging it. All the players' statements are being spoon fed to them by an org trying to cover it's own ass. The GM might as well stick his own head on pike after telling Martin's lawyer he should punch Incognito.

Are you suggesting Murtha is lying of full of it, didn't Murtha pretty much call BS on the culture and the Phins org?

I'm suggesting Murtha was speaking out of both sides of his mouth. He claims Incognito was innocent of the bullying and racism charges, but the org knew about and encouraged such activities to "weed out the weak".
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:29 pm

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough we must do.

:-)

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:40 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
FUDU wrote:

I'm suggesting Murtha was speaking out of both sides of his mouth. He claims Incognito was innocent of the bullying and racism charges, but the org knew about and encouraged such activities to "weed out the weak".

It wasn't his fault for doing that thing he didn't do.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Anyone catch Martin's lawyer's statement?

Jonathan Martin's toughness is not at issue. Jonathan has started every game with the Miami Dolphins since he was drafted in 2012. At Stanford, he was the anchor for Jim Harbaugh's ‘smash mouth' brand of football and he protected Andrew Luck's blind side.

Jonathan endured harassment that went far beyond the traditional locker room hazing. For the entire season-and-a-half that he was with the Dolphins, he attempted to befriend the same teammates who subjected him to the abuse with the hope that doing so would end the harassment. This is a textbook reaction of victims of bullying. Despite these efforts, the taunting continued. Beyond the well-publicized voice mail with its racial epithet, Jonathan endured a malicious physical attack on him by a teammate, and daily vulgar comments such as the quote at the bottom. These facts are not in dispute.

QUOTE - "We are going to run train on your sister. ... She loves me. I am going to fuck her without a condom and cum in her cunt."

Ick, how do you let that guy go make that public statement, no matter what the facts are?

No way he ever plays for Miami again. He'd get the bar of soap in the sock treatment.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:45 pm

I didn't know there was a text book on the reactions of victims of bullying.

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:54 pm

FUDU wrote:I didn't know there was a text book on the reactions of victims of bullying.

You don't think there is a psych text book that addresses bullying and likely reactions by the victims?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL