Text Size

College Sports Arena

Please....

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Please....

Unread postby pup » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:52 pm

I don't ask for much.

A Florida State loss.
An Oregon loss.

And this coming to fruition...http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2013/11/sources_indicate_that_luke_fic.html
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Please....

Unread postby furls » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:23 am

All of those would be great things.

I fear that the FSU loss is very unlikely, but I would settle for a 'Bama loss. I really wanted to see OSU vs 'Bama in the NCG because otherwise we will be subjected to a year of, "Well, Bamer had no shot because the SEC is sooo tough and canabalized itself." Any other NC would ring hollow for OSU. That said, I will accept hollow.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:35 pm

There would be nothing "hollow" about it at all. If Alabama can't make it, that's on them. We'll face a team that actually earned the right to be there. LOL @ living in fear of what the moron sports media will say.

Hollow......what a stupid notion.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby furls » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:There would be nothing "hollow" about it at all. If Alabama can't make it, that's on them. We'll face a team that actually earned the right to be there. LOL @ living in fear of what the moron sports media will say.

Hollow......what a stupid notion.

Its not really living in fear as it is a matter of being the guy to dethrone the king and at the same time shut the fucking media up.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:12 pm

Why would anyone give a shit about what the media thinks? If Alabama fails to make it to the NCG, they've lost their crown by losing games. If we're fortunate enough to make it to the title game and win, there is nothing hollow about it. Let the national sports media prattle, they're a bunch of brainless talking heads anyhow. Fuck 'em.

I just read all this bullshit from members I respect, talking about how they don't want to play opponent A or B because *gasp* we might lose. Fuck that chickenshit noise. Oregon, FSU, Alabama, bring on any of them. If we lose, we lose, the sun will still rise the next day.

Better to go down fighting against the best than accept a second tier bowl as a given.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:57 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Why would anyone give a shit about what the media thinks? If Alabama fails to make it to the NCG, they've lost their crown by losing games. If we're fortunate enough to make it to the title game and win, there is nothing hollow about it. Let the national sports media prattle, they're a bunch of brainless talking heads anyhow. Fuck 'em.

I just read all this bullshit from members I respect, talking about how they don't want to play opponent A or B because *gasp* we might lose. Fuck that chickenshit noise. Oregon, FSU, Alabama, bring on any of them. If we lose, we lose, the sun will still rise the next day.

Better to go down fighting against the best than accept a second tier bowl as a given.

The Rose is a second tier bowl?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby pod2dawg » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:48 pm

^^ about a 24 million one.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:13 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Why would anyone give a shit about what the media thinks? If Alabama fails to make it to the NCG, they've lost their crown by losing games. If we're fortunate enough to make it to the title game and win, there is nothing hollow about it. Let the national sports media prattle, they're a bunch of brainless talking heads anyhow. Fuck 'em.

I like the cut of your jib, Sanderson.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:32 am

mattvan1 wrote: The Rose is a second tier bowl?

Is it the NCG? If not then it's second tier bowl.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:27 pm

For the record, saying that an OSU-Oregon match-up might "end badly", is not the same as saying OSU should fear them, or want to avoid playing them. OSU met a heavily favored Oregon team in Jan, 2010, with LaMichael James and Kenyon Barner and LaGarrett Blount and all those cats...and beat them. Discussing what match-ups are the most favorable for OSU and which ones have the potential to reinforce the already negative national perception of the program isn't showing fear...just realism. And at bottom, it's all just bullshit message board speculation anyway.

I hope OSU makes it to the NC game, because winning that game means a lot, and they would certainly have a chance to win it...just takes 60 minutes of good football and maybe a break or two, (like a running back fumbling the ball and then kicking it through the end zone instead of scoring the go-ahead touchdown) No team is so head-and-shoulders above all the others this year that they are a shoe-in to win the BCS title game. OSU could put serious points on any of the three teams above them in the rankings. And none of them has a decidedly better combination of O-Line and D-Line than the Buckeyes, and that's where the game would be won or lost.

I'd rather see them make the title game and lose than not make it and win the Rose Bowl. I'm sure some people would feel differently. I don't think they make it to the title game, but that's another conversation...and we'll have a better idea of what's what by Saturday night.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:30 pm

pod2dawg wrote:^^ about a 24 million one.

actually, about $17 million

http://philsteele.com/bowls/13-14/bowlprojections.html
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:00 pm

Funny interview with Urban on the news about Fickel interviewing. Said the interested school contacts the AD who contacts him about the interest in one of his assistants. Said he was not notified and said "There better not be any interviews"
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Unread postby jb » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:40 pm

So, um, ahh, Pup. About this wishing business.

How about, you know, wishing i win the Powerball solo.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to College Sports Arena