Text Size

The Gamblers Den

TCF Misconduct Pool scores & highlights

This is the place to discuss sports handicapping, poker, and other forms of gambling.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, leadpipe

Re: TCF Misconduct Pool scores & highlights

Unread postby LarsHancock » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:07 pm

Can I put in a transaction please? I'd like to pickup free agents Aaron Hernandez and Ausar Walcott please.
LarsHancock

Favorite Player: Armagnac
Least Favorite Player: Rumple Minze

Unread postby pup » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:50 pm

LarsHancock wrote:Can I put in a transaction please? I'd like to pickup free agents Aaron Hernandez and Ausar Walcott please.

Noted.
Considered.
Denied.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:52 pm

pup wrote:
LarsHancock wrote:Can I put in a transaction please? I'd like to pickup free agents Aaron Hernandez and Ausar Walcott please.

Noted.
Considered.
Denied.

Seconded.

Good meeting. Drive safely.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby LarsHancock » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:44 pm

but seriously how do the Browns release a linebacker that can one punch a dude and get arrested for attempted murder? I mean, we want a hitter like that back there, don't we?

Seems shortsighted...
LarsHancock

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:33 am

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:37 am

Who has Gilbert Arenas? He was just arrested for having a truckload of illegal fireworks.

The comedic nature of this offense might warrant extra points.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby LarsHancock » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:34 pm

Govbarney wrote:Who has Gilbert Arenas? He was just arrested for having a truckload of illegal fireworks.

pup gets another mark on the board. And despite all the makings of a larger point tally - could have been a weapons or driving infraction - it was just a misdemeanor 20 point possession of fireworks arrest.

Wabo 360
mo 110
swerb 90
pup 70

Interestingly everyone who scored now has multiple players scoring for them. At least I think Wabo did - Titus didn't do a full 360 all by himself did he?
LarsHancock

Unread postby pup » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:11 pm

LarsHancock wrote:
Govbarney wrote:Who has Gilbert Arenas? He was just arrested for having a truckload of illegal fireworks.

pup gets another mark on the board. And despite all the makings of a larger point tally - could have been a weapons or driving infraction - it was just a misdemeanor 20 point possession of fireworks arrest.

Wabo 360
mo 110
swerb 90
pup 70

Interestingly everyone who scored now has multiple players scoring for them. At least I think Wabo did - Titus didn't do a full 360 all by himself did he?

Cops needed to let that story ride out and wait for him to blow someone's head off with that haul, leaving himself so distraught he needed to start the car in a closed garage. Then Wabo would have to be looking over his shoulder.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Govbarney » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:29 am

How in the hell did no one draft Ray Small?!

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/ ... er_default
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby LarsHancock » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:31 am

pup wrote:
LarsHancock wrote:

Wabo 360
mo 110
swerb 90
pup 70

Cops needed to let that story ride out and wait for him to blow someone's head off with that haul, leaving himself so distraught he needed to start the car in a closed garage. Then Wabo would have to be looking over his shoulder.

By the way, interesting side note to this:

The top 3 salaries in the NBA for 2013-2014? via http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm
1. Kobe.
2. Dirk.
3. Gilbert Arenas

seriously, you can't make that up.

Rumors of the Arod suspension getting louder. Question - is an 150 game suspension worth 3 50 game suspensions in this pool?

EDIT: Oh, and it's only a matter of time before my Johnny Football pick pays off big http://deadspin.com/was-johnny-manziel-sent-home-from-mannings-camp-for-be-777475183
LarsHancock

Unread postby LarsHancock » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:08 pm

Finally AFraud is going to merit his #1 draft pick status when he gets suspended tomorrow

And do I get any points when Johnny Football gets declared ineligible? I think that's like a suspension, no? Dude has been a jerk since the draft and got me no points... He's way overdue.
LarsHancock

Unread postby LarsHancock » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:05 pm

The Biogenisis suspensions are in! Woo hoo!

ARoid gets 211 games for the suspension and for obstruction of justice. Sorry, swerb, Colon already did his time and he gets no more because there is absolutely no evidence he is continuing to use PEDs (the resurgence this year of a 65 year old man not withstanding, of course). AI gets his 50 points with Cruz' suspension as well.

Questions on scoring ARoid, a conversation from which I will exclude myself: is the obstruction of justice charge 20 points on its own? an extension of the resisting arrest 20 bonus points? Is 211 games the equivalent of a first AND second offense? Or is it just 50?

With ARoid points pending...
Wabo 360
mo 110
swerb 90
pup 70
Lars 50
AI 50
LarsHancock

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:55 pm

LarsHancock wrote:The Biogenisis suspensions are in! Woo hoo!

ARoid gets 211 games for the suspension and for obstruction of justice. Sorry, swerb, Colon already did his time and he gets no more because there is absolutely no evidence he is continuing to use PEDs (the resurgence this year of a 65 year old man not withstanding, of course). AI gets his 50 points with Cruz' suspension as well.

Questions on scoring ARoid, a conversation from which I will exclude myself: is the obstruction of justice charge 20 points on its own? an extension of the resisting arrest 20 bonus points? Is 211 games the equivalent of a first AND second offense? Or is it just 50?

I don't have a dog in the fight, I say Only 20pts for Ob/Justice, and 200 pts total for each(4) 50-game suspension. (No points for the remainder of 11 games.) No way this is garden variety, single suspension.
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8

Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Unread postby pup » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:17 pm

LarsHancock wrote:The Biogenisis suspensions are in! Woo hoo!

With ARoid points pending...
Wabo 360
mo 110
swerb 90
pup 70
Lars 50
AI 50

That a boy!

Michael Beasley was arrested early Tuesday morning for marijuana possession, according to Arizona Central's 12 News.
Behavioral problems have been a theme throughout Beasley's NBA career. He had a pot-related infraction during his NBA 'rookie transition program' in 2009, he was cited by police for possession of marijuana during the summer of 2011, and he was arrested for criminal speeding and driving without a license last February. The 2011 incident would have resulted in a five-game suspension if it hadn't happened during the lockout, and the new CBA retains a five-game penalty for third-strike marijuana infractions, so there's a good chance that he'll start the season with an unpaid suspension.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby LarsHancock » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:30 pm

Nice little 30 point haul for Beasley. Suspension is irrelevant here because it is only in the case of PEDs

Great value in the late rounds for him to be sure. In retrospect he was way underdrafted.

Updated standings sans ARoid bonus points:
Wabo 360
mo 110
pup 100
swerb 90
Lars 50
AI 50
LarsHancock

Unread postby swerb » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:28 pm

Effing Titus Young
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:18 am

C'mon Honey Badger WTF are you waiting for.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:37 pm

FUDU wrote:C'mon Honey Badger WTF are you waiting for.

Bad draw for you to have him go to Cardinals and under Larry Fitzgerald's wing.

If you had to draft gus who would be in the exact opposite pool as this, Fitzgerald would be an easy, #1 overall selection.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby LarsHancock » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:02 pm

peeker643 wrote:

If you had to draft gus who would be in the exact opposite pool as this, Fitzgerald would be an easy, #1 overall selection.

Yes, good call on that one. Solid citizen all around

http://www.tmz.com/2008/12/31/nfl-super ... -beatdown/

Larry Fitzgerald -- the star wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals -- has been ordered to stay away from his baby mama and his 11-month-old son after he allegedly knocked her around a room and pulled her hair out.

What's the final ruling on ARoid points?
LarsHancock

Unread postby pup » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:25 am

To me, a suspension is a suspension. He wasn't suspended 4 different times and combined, he got a single suspension that was 4 times longer than the norm. Or else, technically I would only get half the point for Josh Gordon since his suspension is only 2 instead of the normal 4.

Obstruction of justice charge? Think he needs to be formally charged in the courts for that to stick.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:53 am

pup wrote:To me, a suspension is a suspension. He wasn't suspended 4 different times and combined, he got a single suspension that was 4 times longer than the norm. Or else, technically I would only get half the point for Josh Gordon since his suspension is only 2 instead of the normal 4.

Obstruction of justice charge? Think he needs to be formally charged in the courts for that to stick.

Agree
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby LarsHancock » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:59 am

The courts are now considering that Titus Young may have been insane from concussions when he went on his little spree.

We certainly can't hold him responsible for actions if he wasn't in his right mind, can we? We should probably wipe all his points off the ledger, right? What kind of society would we be if we didn't???
LarsHancock

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:45 pm

LarsHancock wrote:The courts are now considering that Titus Young may have been insane from concussions when he went on his little spree.

We certainly can't hold him responsible for actions if he wasn't in his right mind, can we? We should probably wipe all his points off the ledger, right? What kind of society would we be if we didn't???

Maybe give points for the arrest, but take back half of the points if the perp is ultimately aquitted?
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:54 pm

LarsHancock wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Larry Fitzgerald -- the star wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals -- has been ordered to stay away from his baby mama and his 11-month-old son after he allegedly knocked her around a room and pulled her hair out.

A 5-year old TMZ article? What was the ultimate disposition on that? How many points would that have been worth in this game? And try and find a legit news source that gave it any credence whatsoever because I'm willing to read it and consider it.

I have no idea on the ARoid points. This contest put me to sleep months ago.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby LarsHancock » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:39 pm

peeker643 wrote:
LarsHancock wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

A 5-year old TMZ article? What was the ultimate disposition on that? How many points would that have been worth in this game? And try and find a legit news source that gave it any credence whatsoever because I'm willing to read it and consider it.

Is the New York Times a legit enough source for you?
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/18/sport ... ref=sports

Fitzgerald has dealt with other uncomfortable family matters. He is the father of a year-old son, whose mother, Angela Nazario, took legal action last year to establish paternity. Then she accused Fitzgerald of domestic violence and got an order of protection against him.

“She’s trying to get a lot of money,” Larry Sr. said. The lawyer for Nazario, Louis Diesel, said in a telephone interview Friday that he could not discuss the case because it has been sealed by a judge.

I think from this we can safely deduce that "bitch got paid" was the resolution.

Restraining order for domestic abuse is a solid 40 point offense (assuming the restraining order is equal in proof to an arrest)
LarsHancock

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:09 pm

LarsHancock wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
LarsHancock wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Is the New York Times a legit enough source for you?
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/18/sport ... ref=sports

Fitzgerald has dealt with other uncomfortable family matters. He is the father of a year-old son, whose mother, Angela Nazario, took legal action last year to establish paternity. Then she accused Fitzgerald of domestic violence and got an order of protection against him.

“She’s trying to get a lot of money,” Larry Sr. said. The lawyer for Nazario, Louis Diesel, said in a telephone interview Friday that he could not discuss the case because it has been sealed by a judge.

I think from this we can safely deduce that "bitch got paid" was the resolution.

Restraining order for domestic abuse is a solid 40 point offense (assuming the restraining order is equal in proof to an arrest)

Interesting. Have never heard it mentioned. Not once.

And from reading the guy and listening to him speak, following his community involvement, etc, he seems like a guy who has his shit straight.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby LarsHancock » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:16 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Interesting. Have never heard it mentioned. Not once.

And from reading the guy and listening to him speak, following his community involvement, etc, he seems like a guy who has his shit straight.

Hey, I'm not one to judge whether he's legit or not. This here is my closet:

Dude had a bad day, made bad a bad choice. No idea if that's really him or what.
LarsHancock

Unread postby LarsHancock » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:17 pm

that came out really huge. Oh well.
LarsHancock

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:47 pm

Titus Young missed another court appearance today and there's a new warrant out for his arrest.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby LarsHancock » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Who can break the long scoring drought?

Pac Man can! How did he last to the second round anyway?

20 more for swerb as Pac Man decides to mouth off to the cops while his girl is getting arrested for driving drunk. Stupid is as stupid does.

Swerb jumps to a tie for second.

Wabo 360
swerb 110
mo 110
pup 100
Lars 50
AI 50
LarsHancock

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Today I found out the republicans negotiated an exemption clause for this very pool, so without further ado I'm opting out of this. You can collect a little bit extra from everyone else participating in this pool to make up for my share.

What?

:thumb up:

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:29 am

This isn't as much fun as I had initially thought.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ound-dead/

After a standout career as an All-American for the University of Washington, the Detroit Lions selected defensive tackle Reggie Rogers with the seventh pick of the 1987 NFL Draft.

Rogers never lived up to the lofty billing on the field and ran into a myriad of problems off the field. Rogers was found dead in Seattle on Thursday afternoon.

According to Jennifer Sullivan of the Seattle Times, police responded to a call of a man not breathing and apparently dead early Thursday afternoon. Officers confirmed Rogers was the man in question.

Rogers was arrested again earlier this month on a domestic violence charge.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:35 am

Please understand my guilt and reluctance don't mean the 140 points shouldn't go on the score board.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Wow, dude. I didn't know you had Rogers. I didn't even think of this pool when I saw that news because I don't even remember the guy. How did you know?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:17 pm

This no name clown dies and somehow Honey Badger hasn't slid into a family of six on a Saturday night. Whatever.

FUDU

Unread postby googleeph2 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:57 pm

Reggie Rogers was the brother of Don Rogers, the all-world safety for the Browns that died of a coke OD at his bachelor party. Played for the Browns 2yrs and Dixon/Minnifield have said he would have been the difference in them getting past Denver in the playoffs.

And Republicans have been unable to negotiate squat, for years now.
Last edited by googleeph2 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:02 pm

googleeph2 wrote:Reggie Rogers was the brother of Don Rogers, the all-world safety for the Browns that died of a coke OD at his bachelor party. Played for the Browns 2yrs and Dixon/Minnifield have said he would have been the difference in them getting past Denver in the playoffs.

I agree, Don Rogers was a difference maker. A shame his brother didn't end up having things better.

FUDU

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:58 am

I think my favorite points of the year in this pool are gained from Reggie Rogers' posthumous domestic violence charge.

When a guy appears to keep up the felonious activity after death, that's gotta be worth some sort of bonus. Kinda like another Tupac album.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:48 am

Wish I could replace Reggie with the remaining member of the family, Jackie. She's a sure-fire 100+ if she's not already dead. Can't find anything on her.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby LarsHancock » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:31 pm

Justin Blackmon down for the season, what an idiot. Anyone else regretting not trading Gordon right about now?

Swerb is getting production from his entire lineup, chalk up another 50. All he needs is one good murder-suicide and he's back in this

Wabo 360
swerb 160
mo 110
pup 100
Lars 50
AI 50
LarsHancock

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:14 pm

LarsHancock wrote:Justin Blackmon down for the season, what an idiot. Anyone else regretting not trading Gordon right about now?

Swerb is getting production from his entire lineup, chalk up another 50. All he needs is one good murder-suicide and he's back in this

Wabo 360
swerb 160
mo 110
pup 100
Lars 50
AI 50

You're still not of the belief my man Reggie Rogers is dead? (But not before one last domestic violence arrest? Gimme my points, man!!!!!

One Foe Tee.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby LarsHancock » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:37 pm

peeker643 wrote:You're still not of the belief my man Reggie Rogers is dead? (But not before one last domestic violence arrest? Gimme my points, man!!!!!

One Foe Tee.

Didn't even notice him bettering society by leaving it. You gotta call your own scores, I can't catch everything.

Nice work on the first death points though. That will go into the Misconduct HoF for sure.

Wabo 360
swerb 160
Peeker 140
mo 110
pup 100
Lars 50
AI 50
LarsHancock

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:35 am

LarsHancock wrote:
peeker643 wrote:You're still not of the belief my man Reggie Rogers is dead? (But not before one last domestic violence arrest? Gimme my points, man!!!!!

One Foe Tee.

Didn't even notice him bettering society by leaving it. You gotta call your own scores, I can't catch everything.

Nice work on the first death points though. That will go into the Misconduct HoF for sure.

Wabo 360
swerb 160
Peeker 140
mo 110
pup 100
Lars 50
AI 50

I did call it. Which was the point of pointing out you didn't pay attention to me when I called it.

That hurt.

No one puts Baby in the corner...

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby LarsHancock » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:51 pm

Jerome Simpson DUI. 30 points. Seriously Wabo, take a knee and stop running up the score

Wabo 390
swerb 160
Peeker 140
mo 110
pup 100
Lars 50
AI 50
LarsHancock

Unread postby waborat » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:06 pm

Damn, I wish everything I join would be this easy...

What can I say, I'm great at asshole picking :bag:
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Can we hold another draft? I need to redeem myself for last year's pathetic showing.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:50 pm

I owe somebody some money.

FUDU

Unread postby swerb » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:31 am

I am out of tow for a couple days. When I get back I will sort through who still owes (pretty much everyone) and the potential of starting this pool back up.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby waborat » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:22 am

Yo Sponges, pay until it hurts :pb:
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Previous