Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

How good is tOSU's Carlos Hyde?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

How good is tOSU's Carlos Hyde?

Unread postby OldDawg » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:51 pm

I haven't seen a lot of games this year, but when I've watched him, he has seemed very impressive. He is big and strong. He seems to have good quickness and explosiveness for his size. He seems to be tough and rugged in the trenches.

How does he project to the NFL?

And I am not looking for any Trent Richardson lectures. Just an opinion on Hyde.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
User avatar
OldDawg
 
Posts: 3793
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:05 pm
Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Re: How good is tOSU's Carlos Hyde?

Unread postby Govbarney » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:39 pm

OldDawg wrote:I haven't seen a lot of games this year, but when I've watched him, he has seemed very impressive. He is big and strong. He seems to have good quickness and explosiveness for his size. He seems to be tough and rugged in the trenches.

How does he project to the NFL?

And I am not looking for any Trent Richardson lectures. Just an opinion on Hyde.


He will be in the top tier of RBs coming out this year, which means some team might grab him late first round. More realistically he is a mid second rounder.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
User avatar
Govbarney
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Re: How good is tOSU's Carlos Hyde?

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:42 am

Not as good as Trent Richardson was @ Alabama...
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: How good is tOSU's Carlos Hyde?

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:57 am

He looks like he'd be a solid reliable back in the NFL. I'd be shocked if went higher than middle second round though, he's not a big home run threat and as we've learned RB can be had outside of the first round with no regrets. To get the best answer you might want to ask the kids at Penn State he ran through last night.

:thumb up:
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13348
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: How good is tOSU's Carlos Hyde?

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:28 am

Meh...didn't watch the game after the INT in the end zone PSU's first drive... not with Oregon/UCLA and a host of others on...

What is it that makes it impossible for you and yours to understand I'm not attached or obsessed like yourself and the fact is I'm the only independent voice here?

In any event, throttling Penn State does nothing for OSU's shot at a title in terms of level of competition... they'll lose 2-3 more, too, which will only help make the case...

You know I've always been a Big 10 basher anyway and you also know I quit giving a crap in 1994...

You ask who my favorite team is in college and all I can say is "What's the spread?"

...and the only reason I commented is because of the ridiculousness of suggesting a RB not named Adrian Peterson be taken in the first round after all the Trent talk that only comes up because the guy plays for OSU.... ::doh::
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:18 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Re: How good is tOSU's Carlos Hyde?

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:34 am

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:Meh...didn't watch the game after the INT in the end zone PSU's first drive... not with Oregon/UCLA and a host of others on...

What is it that makes it impossible for you and yours to understand I'm not attached or obsessed like yourself and the fact is I'm the only independent voice here?

In any event, throttling Penn State does nothing for OSU's shot at a title in terms of level of competition... they'll lose 2-3 more, too, which will only help make the case...

You know I've always been a Big 10 basher anyway and you also know I quit giving a crap in 1994...

You ask who my favorite team is in college and all I can say is "What's the spread?"


LOL, you walked right into though. You seem to do that a lot, for a guy that simply doesn't care. Independent voice? Look not many OSU fans think the Buckeyes are anything special this year really, outside the system ranking them among the top 5.

The 63-14 score is a nice reminder of PSUs time in the Big Ten, since you bring up 1994.

But I'm not obsessed, especially about OSU v. PSU, PSU IMO had no business joining the Big Ten, it made more sense to join the Big East IMO, and frankly they've disappointed in terms of what so many "experts" thought PSU would do in this conference.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13348
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: How good is tOSU's Carlos Hyde?

Unread postby bucknutz94 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Watching Eddie Lacy on TV right now. I think Hyde is going to be better than him in the NFL given the right situation.
bucknutz94
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 11:40 pm
Favorite Player: Billy Wood
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Downs

Re: How good is tOSU's Carlos Hyde?

Unread postby jb » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:10 pm

I was all Hyde was meh until lately.

What's changed my mind is his ability to one cut to the hole without losing speed. At 235 that skill separates the meh from the wow.

I see him as solid on Sunday but a little jumbo sized. Potential to be a good starter but he's not getting the touches on Sunday he gets at tOSU.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: How good is tOSU's Carlos Hyde?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:50 pm

I don't think he's a 3 down NFL back yet, the kinda guy that would split carries with a Danny Woodhead type.

He's got deceptive speed for a guy his size, can cut and break tackles, and has a motor that you cannot teach. If he was more involved in the passing game, I think he'd be an early 2nd round pick.

I'd love to seem in in the Orange & Turd next year.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: How good is tOSU's Carlos Hyde?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:52 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
I'd love to seem in in the Orange & Turd next year.


Can he play QB?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3629
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: How good is tOSU's Carlos Hyde?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:42 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
I'd love to seem in in the Orange & Turd next year.


Can he play QB?



No, but's he's an instant upgrade at another black hole of suck position.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: How good is tOSU's Carlos Hyde?

Unread postby jb » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:19 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
I'd love to seem in in the Orange & Turd next year.


Can he play QB?



No, but's he's an instant upgrade at another black hole of suck position.


Yep.

This position is really hurting the O.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: How good is tOSU's Carlos Hyde?

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:33 am

jb wrote:I was all Hyde was meh until lately.

What's changed my mind is his ability to one cut to the hole without losing speed. At 235 that skill separates the meh from the wow.

I see him as solid on Sunday but a little jumbo sized. Potential to be a good starter but he's not getting the touches on Sunday he gets at tOSU.


I agree. He looks like a Sunday Back this season.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4140
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: How good is tOSU's Carlos Hyde?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:52 am

OldDawg wrote:I haven't seen a lot of games this year, but when I've watched him, he has seemed very impressive. He is big and strong. He seems to have good quickness and explosiveness for his size. He seems to be tough and rugged in the trenches.

How does he project to the NFL?

And I am not looking for any Trent Richardson lectures. Just an opinion on Hyde.



SD:

The man has size speed and burst after losing five pounds .

He has elite speed at 230 pounds , can catch like a wide out and block like a lineman .

Perfect fit for what we need.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3102
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: How good is tOSU's Carlos Hyde?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:36 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
OldDawg wrote:I haven't seen a lot of games this year, but when I've watched him, he has seemed very impressive. He is big and strong. He seems to have good quickness and explosiveness for his size. He seems to be tough and rugged in the trenches.

How does he project to the NFL?

And I am not looking for any Trent Richardson lectures. Just an opinion on Hyde.



SD:

The man has size speed and burst after losing five pounds .

He has elite speed at 230 pounds , can catch like a wide out and block like a lineman .

Perfect fit for what we need.


SoulDawg


Some kind of light went on for that dude this year. He's in beast mode. A man among boys, or at least slightly less capable other men.

He is unstoppable against the unsubstantial likes of Purdue! Illinois, and Indiana. I'm very excited to see what he can do in two weeks against a legit defense. With the way the O-Line is playing, there will be no excuses.

And yeah, I'd love him on the Browns next year. I think he's playing himself into the second round, though, so that's a heavy price to pay.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7673
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: How good is tOSU's Carlos Hyde?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:05 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
OldDawg wrote:I haven't seen a lot of games this year, but when I've watched him, he has seemed very impressive. He is big and strong. He seems to have good quickness and explosiveness for his size. He seems to be tough and rugged in the trenches.

How does he project to the NFL?

And I am not looking for any Trent Richardson lectures. Just an opinion on Hyde.



SD:

The man has size speed and burst after losing five pounds .

He has elite speed at 230 pounds , can catch like a wide out and block like a lineman .

Perfect fit for what we need.


SoulDawg


Some kind of light went on for that dude this year. He's in beast mode. A man among boys, or at least slightly less capable other men.

He is unstoppable against the unsubstantial likes of Purdue! Illinois, and Indiana. I'm very excited to see what he can do in two weeks against a legit defense. With the way the O-Line is playing, there will be no excuses.

And yeah, I'd love him on the Browns next year. I think he's playing himself into the second round, though, so that's a heavy price to pay.


SD

Worth every bit of that if not our second first even


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3102
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm


Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest