Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Cut him

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Cut him

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:55 am

HoodooMan wrote:Wooooooooooooooooot.

Free at last.

(At least until JC shreds his ACL on an awkward slide in the 1st Q)


Not sure watch JC play QB = freedom. More like a transfer to a slightly lower-security prison.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Cut him

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:57 am

Hikohadon wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:Wooooooooooooooooot.

Free at last.

(At least until JC shreds his ACL on an awkward slide in the 1st Q)


Not sure watch JC play QB = freedom. More like a transfer to a slightly lower-security prison.



Exactly- I'm fine with it because Weeden literally makes me sick to watch, but I ain't throwing away the Immodium or Pepto with Campbell taking the snaps. Maybe a different degree or style of ugly, but still gonna be ugly.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22514
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Cut him

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:21 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:Wooooooooooooooooot.

Free at last.

(At least until JC shreds his ACL on an awkward slide in the 1st Q)


Not sure watch JC play QB = freedom. More like a transfer to a slightly lower-security prison.


The QB you hated most since the return was Colt, wasn't it?

I hated the idea of us drafting Weeden that entire offseason. Even in the 2nd round. So naturally, I hated us taking him where we did. And I've pretty much hated everything since. I jump at physically-overmatched when my other choice is stupid. (That'd be a Colt vs. Weeden preference.)

Ding MF'ing Dong.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1725
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: Cut him

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:32 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:Wooooooooooooooooot.

Free at last.

(At least until JC shreds his ACL on an awkward slide in the 1st Q)


Not sure watch JC play QB = freedom. More like a transfer to a slightly lower-security prison.


The QB you hated most since the return was Colt, wasn't it?

I hated the idea of us drafting Weeden that entire offseason. Even in the 2nd round. So naturally, I hated us taking him where we did. And I've pretty much hated everything since. I jump at physically-overmatched when my other choice is stupid. (That'd be a Colt vs. Weeden preference.)

Ding MF'ing Dong.


I certainly understand the joy one has when what they perceive as a hated useless waste of space is flushed for... anything. I still feel Colt is the worst QB the Browns have EVER had and wish nothing but ACL tears on him, so, yes, I get the joy the anti-Weedites feel. Hell, I still hold ill will towards Couch & Holcomb.

While still acknowledging how silly it is to feel joy at replacing crap with more crap.

I am glad that I'll never have to watch Weeden again (knock on wood), but I've been glad every time the QB du jour that has sucked for far too long finally gets the boot. Frye yanked? Warm fuzzies. DA getting benched? Sigh, good times. Quinn traded? Happy memories. Colt flushed? Like a second birthday. And on and on.

For once, I wish that I were more excited about the guy coming in than the fact that the guy I hated was going out.

Over/Under on how many weeks before the "Anyone But Campbell" cry goes up?
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Cut him

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:35 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty sure I can make it 9 games.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1725
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: Cut him

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:51 pm

HoodooMan wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty sure I can make it 9 games.


Not sure who you'd even call for? (although I'm sure we'll find some small sect of weirdos that think Timmy T needs a try)

I'm still a big fan of my Guest QB idea. You don't even reveal who you picked up until right before kickoff. Oh, the drama.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Cut him

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:53 pm

And, in all honesty, this move was important in one way - Weeden had lost the team (you could see it by the way players like Gordon & McGahee were reacting to him) and just throwing him back in there time and again might cause Chud to lose the team too.

This at least gives Chud the "at least he sees what we see" cred with the players... for now.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Cut him

Unread postby jb » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:53 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Over/Under on how many weeks before the "Anyone But Campbell" cry goes up?



IDK - we aint talking high bar city here.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Cut him

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:54 pm

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Over/Under on how many weeks before the "Anyone But Campbell" cry goes up?



IDK - we aint talking high bar city here.


Yeah, after JC goes 0-3 and drops the team to 3-7, even the die hards will give up on the season and everyone will be rooting for losses anyway.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
User avatar
Hikohadon
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am
Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Re: Cut him

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:01 pm

Colt's not even close to the worst Browns QB ever.

Shit, neither is Weeden.

And both are godawful.

And that's by both subjective and objective measures.

And don't make me break out the old "acquisition cost" argument. ;-) ;) :wink:

Like I said, going from Colt to Weeden to Campbell is just trading out one car that don't run for another car that don't run.

Fer crissake, they all make us pine for Brian Fucking Hoyer.

That's close to criminal. I'd like to go back to draft day 2012 and shoot Mike Holmgren in the head at 7am that day.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22514
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Cut him

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:05 pm

Hikohadon wrote:And, in all honesty, this move was important in one way - Weeden had lost the team (you could see it by the way players like Gordon & McGahee were reacting to him) and just throwing him back in there time and again might cause Chud to lose the team too.


You have to have something before you lose it. And in the NFL, with these athletes, some 28 yr old rookie doesn't walk into the locker room or the huddle and have shit. He never had them.

Ever.

Weeden lost nothing but, most importantly, you are right in that the Browns and Chud still could have lost a lot had they not made a move.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22514
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Cut him

Unread postby justmebd » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:55 pm

I was kind of hoping they would sign Quinn back because my wife bought me a Quinn Jersey in 2007.

Not that I was hoping to see him play, but having my Jersey be relevant again would have been some kind of moral victory, right?
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Cut him

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:19 am

peeker643 wrote:Colt's not even close to the worst Browns QB ever.

Shit, neither is Weeden.

And both are godawful.

And that's by both subjective and objective measures.

And don't make me break out the old "acquisition cost" argument. ;-) ;) :wink:

Like I said, going from Colt to Weeden to Campbell is just trading out one car that don't run for another car that don't run.

Fer crissake, they all make us pine for Brian Fucking Hoyer.

That's close to criminal. I'd like to go back to draft day 2012 and shoot Mike Holmgren in the head at 7am that day.




SD:
J
Slow your roll homeboy, no need to toss in the towel before the bell even sounds.

Jason Campbell has a winning career record as a starter, an that includes a stint starting in Oakland, and with four different offensive coordinators trotted in and out in DC.

He's horrid coming in off the bench, but when given the reins, he's been better than the situations he's had to play in.

He now has the most talent ever available at his disposal, and the guy he's facing is no world. Beater but a knock around who fell into the right place at the right time, whose penchant for the short pass makes ole Colty Colt seem like The Mad bomber Daryll Lamonica by contrast.

And. U know my hate for that Calf humpin cur eclipses yours exponentially.

We have a defense which can travel, and a QB who hasn't been trapped under any flags in his career last I checked, he did give them an attitude problem when he balked up an illness on the eve of the fourth exhibition game IMHO, and probably again when they bypassed him in retribution and started Hoyer based on that exceptional play in that exhibition which would have not been evident had he done his job and played in that game, providing the very platform for Hoyer to jump him.

But that's all over now, including his escalators he won't recieve for playing time, so what's left is pride,and opportunity,and vindication,backed by a defense that can travel,and can effect the outcome of this game if supported by a slightly less abusive product at offense than Weedens abysmal suck

Time space and life combine at the Apex of his career for us when he's needed most.

Can't wait , "...........


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3102
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Cut him

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:36 am

Hikohadon wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:Wooooooooooooooooot.

Free at last.

(At least until JC shreds his ACL on an awkward slide in the 1st Q)


Not sure watch JC play QB = freedom. More like a transfer to a slightly lower-security prison.


The QB you hated most since the return was Colt, wasn't it?

I hated the idea of us drafting Weeden that entire offseason. Even in the 2nd round. So naturally, I hated us taking him where we did. And I've pretty much hated everything since. I jump at physically-overmatched when my other choice is stupid. (That'd be a Colt vs. Weeden preference.)

Ding MF'ing Dong.


I certainly understand the joy one has when what they perceive as a hated useless waste of space is flushed for... anything. I still feel Colt is the worst QB the Browns have EVER had and wish nothing but ACL tears on him, so, yes, I get the joy the anti-Weedites feel. Hell, I still hold ill will towards Couch & Holcomb.

While still acknowledging how silly it is to feel joy at replacing crap with more crap.

I am glad that I'll never have to watch Weeden again (knock on wood), but I've been glad every time the QB du jour that has sucked for far too long finally gets the boot. Frye yanked? Warm fuzzies. DA getting benched? Sigh, good times. Quinn traded? Happy memories. Colt flushed? Like a second birthday. And on and on.

For once, I wish that I were more excited about the guy coming in than the fact that the guy I hated was going out.

Over/Under on how many weeks before the "Anyone But Campbell" cry goes up?



SD :

Never understood the hatred for Holcomb , when it was Couch who stole $ 39 million in unearned funds, and it was Holcomb who exposed the sumbyche for the stupid useless sod busting fuck knob hillbilly jerkoff slacker he was.

He was unlucky and injury prone, but that playoff game was he finest example of timing and touch demonstrated by anyone back to the time Johnny made the impossile common place.

Fuck , butt didn't Heir Butcher resign in a panic attack when we lost one of th highest scoring game between two tens to the Bungles, after Kelly damn near hit the 500 yard mark.

True he was a China doll, and had delusions of grandeur that he was better than he was, but damn if he didn't kill the cult of Couch and that nonsense which had us held hostage for six years waiting on that miscreant Jackass to exhale.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3102
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Cut him

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:37 am

So if he lives up to SD's expectations, when can we expect the ACL tear? The third quarter?
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
User avatar
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist
 
Posts: 4656
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:06 am
Location: Parma, OH
Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests