Text Size

College Sports Arena

Does an undefeated OSU team make the NCG?

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Does an undefeated OSU team make the NCG?

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:04 pm

NW is real smart.

Stanford is real smart with Atleets more than 1 Deep.

Find C. Grant, Brown & throw at them. And take the 8yrd out on the Corners. Here's a surprise.... OSU will blitz in the 4th quarter.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Last edited by pod2dawg on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
pod2dawg

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:08 pm

If the corners are playing well enough that all another team can do is throw at Curtis Grant and Pitt Brown the Buckeyes win walking away.

The 8 yard out thing.... yeah, well that's a problem and every time OSU has played tight coverage this year Roby has gotten smoked.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:23 pm

I hereby announce to the boards that I will no longer take the 4 hours per day to remove double posts (or triple posts).

Read at your own risk.

The good news is that you're not likely to have questions on where folks stand on a given point or issue and if you're distracted for a second while on the boards you won't miss anything..
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:36 pm

You're a Mod here, do your fucking job. Clean up the messes, get rid of the ruinous trolls, and make sure to put e0y's sedation medication in a little piece of cheese (or else he'll spit it right out).
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:44 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You're a Mod here, do your fucking job. Clean up the messes, get rid of the ruinous trolls, and make sure to put e0y's sedation medication in a little piece of cheese (or else he'll spit it right out).

Peanut butter. It's funnier watching him lick the roof of his mouth for an hour afterward.

And no. I'm done with thread cleaning. Fuck it. I'll make you a mod here and make you clean that shit up.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:57 pm

You know damn well I would get drunk with power if made a Mod. I thought you were the matur...... nevermind.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby danwismar » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:40 pm

Kerry Coombs (cornerbacks coach) has discussed with the media his philosophy (implemented a year ago when he arrived) of playing farther off the receivers than they did previously...with two general theories in mind...prevent big plays and help react to the run...and allow more time to read the QB...and make plays on the football in the air.

Last year and this year, the prevent big plays thing has had mixed results. You'll recall that the majority of big plays a year ago (like w/ Cal, and with UM w/Denard, as two examples) were running plays. This year, there have been virtually no big plays in the rushing game, but Coombs theory has been blown up by big passing plays.

Putting Roby on an island vs Abbrederis of Wisky was a calculated move...necessary to shut down the running attack...which they accomplished beyond anyone's fondest hopes.

They managed the same thing vs NW...94 yards rushing against a fairly good running team.

None of that is to excuse Roby's poor play, because one reason they schemed it that way is because they thought they could count on him in man coverage. They were wrong, but managed to win anyway because the run defense was that good.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:44 pm

Agree with that Dan. It also highlights the predicament the team is in when Curtis Grant is on the field..... pretty darn good against the run but absolutely abysmal against the pass.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:17 pm

Grant is so bad against the pass, that I am 100% serious about just saying fuck it and letting him blitz every pass play. It is really hard to watch him play. The worst part is that he still has a year of eligibility left after this year. I have no idea how a guy can be in his 4th year (I think) here and still not know his coverage responsibilities, or how deep to drop, or to jam up WRs/TEs at the LOS.

Perry is adequate. I sincerely hope they get Raekwon and he blows the doors off this MF'er next year to the point that they have to sit Grant.

I understand Coombs' intent, but his round hole just doesn't work with all the square pegs on the field. If you are going to play off, to keep the plays in front of you, you have to make the tackles because you are conceding 5-7 yards to prevent 20 yard gains. If you are allowing 5-7 yarders to turn into 20 yarders that defeats the point. That coupled with the fact that they are still getting burned down the field is awful, and demands a different strategy. In order to protect the secondary, they have to bring more heat, bring the corners up and hope the rush gets their before the coverage. This secondary has shown time and time again that if you give the WR/QB 4 seconds the coverage will break down. The DL is playing well enough where if you bring 5 you are going to get there, you are just going to have to live with the screens and draws.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:27 pm

I think they are saving Mitchell for a run at Grant next year. With Grant sitting against any passing team they figured he would be adequate and they could use the year to teach Mitchell (who came in with mental problems as well).
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:29 pm

I'd rather have a smart MLB than an athletic one. If there is a position on the field that can a way with being a little slower in the 40, it is that one.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:31 pm

^ that's why it's so dumbfounding Grant wasn't redshirted in 2011 and given a year to just learn the game. He's in his third year in the program by the way.

At the very least they are trying to give Mitchell time to adjust, which is all you can ask.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:44 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:^ that's why it's so dumbfounding Grant wasn't redshirted in 2011 and given a year to just learn the game. He's in his third year in the program by the way.

At the very least they are trying to give Mitchell time to adjust, which is all you can ask.

I couldn't remember, and I am too lazy to look it up. Let's just hope they don't chose to RS him next year. It is time for Curtis to graduate and clear that spot up. If he was a frosh or soph, I would be more forgiving, but guys don't suddenly figure it out in their 4th year (Etienne Sabino and Corey "Pitt" Brown agree BTW).

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby danwismar » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:13 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:At the very least they are trying to give Mitchell time to adjust, which is all you can ask.

Not to burst your bubble...and take it FWIW and all that...but a few days ago, one of the "insiders" boards (not Scout) quoted a program "source" as saying that Mitchell "will never play linebacker at OSU". This guy, whoever he is, says that he will be converted to DE.

Raekwon and/or Booker may be who we're looking at as freshmen.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:21 pm

Well, that's good.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:22 pm

Honestly, I think he is a DE in NCAAF too.

Long, freak athlete, big frame, mediocre instincts/smarts. RS this year is an indictment too. We shall see, but I think he ends up a DE.

Really doesn't help with LB depth. Perhaps he may be a SAM.

I am pretty excited about Berger. That is the kind of kid that seems to grow into a very successful LB. Surprisingly athletic, smart and all instinct. He and McMillan will be formidable. Tre Johnson has looked decent too.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:25 pm

Good christ were the 2009-2011 recruiting classes a clusterfuck on defense and in the later years on the OL.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:34 pm

A Vegas oddsmaker said today that he'd make Baylor -7.5 over Ohio State on a neutral field this weekend if they played.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:05 pm

And we may have had the 2013 "Upset Saturday". Stanford going down is the best thing for us, since they've got the power to beat Oregon. Clemson looked beatable against BC, and I'm sure that FSU will watch that tape. Georgia will just get replaced by LSU in the standings. OU going down eliminates the Big XII from the picture. Michigan losing to Penn State doesn't matter all that much (since we play them both) but it means that Michigan has a harder path to the title game (also good).

I'd much rather prefer beating a Michigan team that needs to win against us to make the B1G title game and then facing a strong MSU/Nebraska team in that title game then a back-to-back against Michigan. So, the best thing to happen would be Michigan win the rest of its games (outside of against OSU), then finishing 6-2 in the B1G. If either Sparty or Nebraska only drops the game against Michigan, they'll be in good shape for that championship.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:29 am

Every year we see these posts lamenting the other unbeatens and how Buckeyes will get screwed because, well, because fans have a complex, and every year the shit works itself out and all the angst and head banging is for nothing.

Like every year, this will also be that kind of year.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby furls » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:35 am

I wrote an article for the front page detailing all of this and trying to numerically calculate what the odds of OSU getting screwed are. I did a similar set of calculations before the scUM game in 2006 and accurately determined that (unfortunately) the most likely scenario had OSU playing UF in the NCG.

Bottom line from my article is that based on a series of assumptions, OSU is about 27% likely to be "screwed" by the system after the Stanford loss. The Stanford loss certainly helped their chances. I have OSU as about 8:3 to get into the NCG.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:38 am

FWIW, I have the likelihood of undefeated Oregon, ACC Champ, OSU and Bama at about 2.4% or 1 in 40. Odds of adding Louisville to that mess is about 37% making the overall odds of 5 undefeated at season end about .8%, or less than 1 in 100.

Pretty damn remote if you ask me.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:16 pm

I can't remember my password to post an article anymore.... I guess it has been a while since the last one.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:43 am

So make the lazy bald hunter earn his none salary...
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:57 am

I figured it out. I successfully guessed my password and stumbled through the editor. It is ready for publishing whenever.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:48 am

furls wrote:I figured it out. I successfully guessed my password and stumbled through the editor. It is ready for publishing whenever.

1pm today. Thanks, Mike.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:50 am

furls wrote:FWIW, I have the likelihood of undefeated Oregon, ACC Champ, OSU and Bama at about 2.4% or 1 in 40. Odds of adding Louisville to that mess is about 37% making the overall odds of 5 undefeated at season end about .8%, or less than 1 in 100.

How can anyone seriously consider a Big 10 team in the BCS NC game this season?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:59 am

^ OBVIOUSLY still elated that Boston College failed to beat the Tigers. The world would end if that none Christian Christian U won a big game.

Whew.

/thanks Pope.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby furls » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:58 pm

jb wrote:
furls wrote:FWIW, I have the likelihood of undefeated Oregon, ACC Champ, OSU and Bama at about 2.4% or 1 in 40. Odds of adding Louisville to that mess is about 37% making the overall odds of 5 undefeated at season end about .8%, or less than 1 in 100.

The more I watch other teams play NCAAF the more I realize that Ohio State is not that bad compared to the "elites" this year.

I think Oregon curb stomps the Buckeyes, because they are good at everything Ohio State is bad at.

I think 'Bama plays a game that is much more likely to keep OSU around with their pro style O.

I think FSU is a pretty big threat (and is probably going to take care of Clemson).

Baylor is another team that I would not want to see OSU face.

In the end, the "elite" of college football are not really that elite this year. Each team has warts. The gaping hole that is Ohio State's secondary is its major problem. If Roby gets his shit together and they can find someone to replace Bryant, this team can compete.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jb » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:28 pm

furls wrote:
jb wrote:

The more I watch other teams play NCAAF the more I realize that Ohio State is not that bad compared to the "elites" this year.

I think Oregon curb stomps the Buckeyes, because they are good at everything Ohio State is bad at.

I think 'Bama plays a game that is much more likely to keep OSU around with their pro style O.

I think FSU is a pretty big threat (and is probably going to take care of Clemson).

Baylor is another team that I would not want to see OSU face.

In the end, the "elite" of college football are not really that elite this year. Each team has warts. The gaping hole that is Ohio State's secondary is its major problem. If Roby gets his shit together and they can find someone to replace Bryant, this team can compete.

The list of teams the Buckeyes can't compete with is short, but it exists.

They can't compete with Oreygun, Alabama on D , Clemson and FSU.
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:02 pm

I'll take Clemson over FSU and Stanford over Nike U. But I don't gamble......
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby furls » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:12 am

I don't believe in Clemson. Their rep is built largely on beating a slightly above average UGA team at home at night to start the season. Not buying Clemson at all. Sammy and Tajh are good, but then what?

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:24 am

furls wrote:I don't believe in Clemson. Their rep is built largely on beating a slightly above average UGA team at home at night to start the season. Not buying Clemson at all. Sammy and Tajh are good, but then what?

And FSU's rep is built on what exactly? Beating a crap Maryland team? Or were you impressed with their dominate performance over the vaunted Bethune Cookman?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jb » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:44 am

UGA is average now with injuries. They weren't then.
jb

Unread postby furls » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:36 am

jb wrote:UGA is average now with injuries. They weren't then.

Georgia's offensive injuries aren't what is making its defense suck. They were above average on offense then (they are average now) and they are bad defensively. That point is further validated by Clemson's struggles against a BAD BC team.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:04 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
furls wrote:I don't believe in Clemson. Their rep is built largely on beating a slightly above average UGA team at home at night to start the season. Not buying Clemson at all. Sammy and Tajh are good, but then what?

And FSU's rep is built on what exactly? Beating a crap Maryland team? Or were you impressed with their dominate performance over the vaunted Bethune Cookman?

My Eyes. In watching FSU, they pass the look test to me. Winston is the real deal and they playmakers on both sides of the ball. I think they beat Clemson, but I doubt they get through their schedule unscathed either.

I think there is a better than decent shot that it ends up Ohio State vs. Alabama in the NCG.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jb » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:19 pm

Ironic Furls.

I'm thinking it's time for a kitty thread on which shitty random Big 10 team will finally knock off the Buckeyes. They will blow a road game in conference his season.

They play with fire too much.
jb

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:30 pm

Alabama Vs. Oregon for the crystal football.

We get FSU or Clemson for #3.
pod2dawg

Unread postby furls » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:14 pm

jb wrote:Ironic Furls.

I'm thinking it's time for a kitty thread on which shitty random Big 10 team will finally knock off the Buckeyes. They will blow a road game in conference his season.

I'll take none. Who is going to beat them on the road, Purdue, Illinois or scUM? That's it for road games. They have PSU at night at home, IU at home and Iowa.

In order:
-Iowa is offensively inept, no shot.
-PSU's pro style offense is a good match up, the only concern is LBs covering TE's.
-Purdue? not even going to dignify that.
-Illinois? See Purdue.
-IU is probably the worst remaining offensive match up, but they don't play any defense and I think they make enough mistakes that this one isn't really that close.
-scUM is really bad. Their offense is a trainwreck. They can't run or pass and DG is a turnover machine.

First shot OSU has to lose a game is vs. MSU/Nebraska in the B1G title game. MSU is a better match up for OSU, but neither is a scary match up.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jb » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:04 pm

furls wrote:
jb wrote:Ironic Furls.

I'll take none. Who is going to beat them on the road, Purdue, Illinois or scUM? That's it for road games. They have PSU at night at home, IU at home and Iowa.

In order:
-Iowa is offensively inept, no shot.
-PSU's pro style offense is a good match up, the only concern is LBs covering TE's.
-Purdue? not even going to dignify that.
-Illinois? See Purdue.
-IU is probably the worst remaining offensive match up, but they don't play any defense and I think they make enough mistakes that this one isn't really that close.
-scUM is really bad. Their offense is a trainwreck. They can't run or pass and DG is a turnover machine.

First shot OSU has to lose a game is vs. MSU/Nebraska in the B1G title game. MSU is a better match up for OSU, but neither is a scary match up.

Home / road comes into play.

Agree on Iowa, Illinois and Purdue. They are all too crappy to pose threat.

I think Perv State will push them harder than people may think. If it were at Tickle Monster Valley I'd even go so far as to call that shot. The frosh is coming on.

They will lose in Ann Arbor and make Devon Gardner look like Vince Young. The rush lanes are a mess and there are no DB's to cover. It really comes down to mistakes by the Buck on O. They make a ton. It will bite them in the ass when they play a minimally competent team this season. being at An Arbor will carry that through.

If they lose 1 game, who do they play from the Legends or whatever on 12/7?
jb

Unread postby furls » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Well, if you are high on scUM and if scUM can actually win that game, they would be in the running.

I think scUM is GARBAGE. The only running game they have is Devin Gardner. They really don't have any playmakers aside from Funchess. Fitz had 27 carries for 27 yards against ticklemonster U. Both scUM lines are soft up the middle and that is bad news for an OSU team that is very strong in both of those critical spots. Remember, that is a scUM team that nearly lost (and should've lost) to 2 of the worst teams in the FBS. That scUM team could have 4-6 losses by the end of the year... seriously.

No chance they lose to scUM. PSU is possible, scUM? No WAY.

As for the BCG...

My pick is Nebraska. I think they beat MSU at home.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jb » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:25 pm

furls wrote:
As for the BCG...

Big 10 is absolute garbage.

I'm sure MD and Rutgers will help.
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:13 pm

furls wrote:Well, if you are high on scUM and if scUM can actually win that game, they would be in the running.

I think scUM is GARBAGE. The only running game they have is Devin Gardner. They really don't have any playmakers aside from Funchess. Fitz had 27 carries for 27 yards against ticklemonster U. Both scUM lines are soft up the middle and that is bad news for an OSU team that is very strong in both of those critical spots. Remember, that is a scUM team that nearly lost (and should've lost) to 2 of the worst teams in the FBS. That scUM team could have 4-6 losses by the end of the year... seriously.

No chance they lose to scUM. PSU is possible, scUM? No WAY.

As for the BCG...

Michigan is a deeply flawed football team. But they play at home and Gardner is far superior to anything the Buckeyes will face and they have struggled with poor QB's on D.

Really, it comes down to how many dozens of errors Miller continues to make as a 3rd year starter and if he can get healthy and get his quicks back.

It's at the big oval. They will be emotional and I expect the Bucks to play tight and crack and have at least 3 TO's..

I;m so sure of this I'd be anyone any amount of money on no spread but that would make me have to root for Michigan. That's the only reason I wouldn't do that.
jb

Unread postby furls » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:38 pm

Gardner is TERRIBLE. I saw a stat that he completed 26% of his passes when the opposing team sends more than 4. He has 11 picks against 11 TDs. That QB from Cal, Stave and both QBs from NW are significantly better than Gardner. Additionally, they have Borges running that offense. OSU is only struggling against proficient, passing offenses. scUM's O is centered on a downhill, power run game (that they suck at).

I have watched every scUM game this year, in the beginning out of concern. Then it was out of shock. Now it is out of schadenfreude.

I will say that scUM's only shot in this game is Miller disintegrating. He plays as bad as he did in the first half of the game against NW, and they may have a chance.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:58 pm

jb wrote:
furls wrote:
As for the BCG...

Big 10 is absolute garbage.

I'm sure MD and Rutgers will help.

Steph Diggs is the best player in the country
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:09 pm

If Brax is healthy for THE game we win by 4 TDs, Gardener will help with that.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:38 am

Louisville gets a bit of a test on Friday night against a decent UCF team that beat PSU on the road and played USCe very close. UCF is also coming off a bye week.

Also, will be interesting to see if the bye week has helped OSU in terms of the coverage/schemes and whatever the hell Roby's problem was.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:40 am

I wonder if it would be more clear if JB was actually holding a pointy stick and shaking at you guys while typing this.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:26 am

peeker643 wrote:I wonder if it would be more clear if JB was actually holding a pointy stick and shaking at you guys while typing this.

Home, home of deranged,
Where the Hurr (you) and theDurr (FUDU) play.
Where never is heard a discouraging word,
And the skies are all Scarlet all dayyyyyy.

I'm pulling the Eye card here. You've been at soccer and volleyball games of sitting in a tree stand waiting to send Bambi to her maker. Don't even front like as if you've watched college football.

These two things can both be true and are not mutually exclusive statements:

It is a down year for BCS and there's probably not any truly great teams on both sides of the ball, altho Oregon may prove to be as close as there is to one.

The Buckeyes aren't that good and are overrated, have been playing with fire and underachieving vs very poor Big 10 competition and a high school NC schedule.

Michigan blows. But they are at home, they do have some players that can hurt yah, and the Buckeyes have yet to put it together against a BCS team with Miller on the field.

The Big 10 is pathetic.
jb

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports Arena