Text Size

No Holds Barred

Govt shutdown

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: Govt shutdown

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:15 pm

Well the House GOP has been hijacked by like 18 people.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:What changes are you talking about, Matt?

Mostly it's the Emperor deciding WHEN various aspects of the law go into effect - and delaying the implementation of certain provisions, such as the employer mandate, to buy more time because no one is certain what the law means or how it will be enforced.

Funny, because about 3 years ago I was very much in favor of universal health care. Now, it seems as if the confederacy of dunces (on both sides of the aisle) are conspiring to completely fuck the entire population.

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?a=Files.Serve&File_id=b8e7a876-ee12-477f-8c62-a9dd9294f537

Okay, the table in the link was sideways, so not much help.

I figured you were lying down so the sideways page would be easy to read. Or you could have right-clicked and selected "rotate clockwise".

It's actually far easier than ordering a pizza online.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:55 pm

I'm a liberal, Matt. I don't believe in right clicking on anything.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:09 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'm a liberal, Matt. I don't believe in right clicking on anything.

Excellent.
mattvan1

Unread postby bookelly » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:29 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Well the House GOP has been hijacked by like 18 people.

And Boner. We have the votes to end this, but he would lose his job as Speaker. And we all know what is more important; the end of the world via economic meltdown, or Boner keeping his job.

/My money is on Boner keeping his job as his world collapses around him. Because we could all cry with him :group:
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:23 pm

I'm just curious as to what madness or strange drug could have driven the Republicans to this current situation. To completely ignore the fact the ACA is here to stay while wasting time and money trying in vain to repeal it, is pretty much the actual definition of insanity.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jerryroche » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'm just curious as to what madness or strange drug could have driven the Republicans to this current situation. To completely ignore the fact the ACA is here to stay while wasting time and money trying in vain to repeal it, is pretty much the actual definition of insanity.

CDT, I don't think the Republicans' approach has anything to do with madness or drug-addled brains or insanity. I think they are just tired of taking shit from Obama and his henchmen. They've glommed onto the ACA and debt ceiling issues (and for at least half of America, they are THE issues) as a way to regain some "face" after having Obama rub theirs in the mud for most all of his reign. There is just so much real animosity in Washington today that BOTH parties are losing the ability to govern.

A real leader would get Boehner and Pelosi and McConnell and Reid in the Oval Office, attempt to broker a compromise, and tell the four of them that they could not leave the room until they reached some kind of agreement. But, unfortunately for all of America, Obama does not recognize that he's the leader of ALL of us, not just the Dems.

What I'm saying is that it's not just Tea Party's or the Republicans' fault, no matter what the media would have you believe. It is the fault of 536 people in Washington: Congress, the Senate and the President. They all share equal guilt.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:21 pm

CDT, I don't think the Republicans' approach has anything to do with madness or drug-addled brains or insanity. I think they are just tired of taking shit from Obama and his henchmen

Those vicious henchmen that want to see the law passed by congress and upheld by the USSC go into effect. What rotten bastards. Never mind the time and money wasted on those 40 pointless repeal votes. Doing the same dumb thing 40 times when you know the result.... that's insanity.

A real leader would get Boehner and Pelosi and McConnell and Reid in the Oval Office, attempt to broker a compromise

Which he has done..... multiple times, including having Boehner in last week and calling him this morning. The "compromise" for the Republicans is shredding the ACA and holding the country hostage if the knee isn't bent. They made good on the latter, which makes them look stupid and callous.

What I'm saying is that it's not just Tea Party's or the Republicans' fault, no matter what the media would have you believe.

Yes it is. Pass a clean bill and none of this happens.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jerryroche » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Okay, all you Brick Wall libs out there. You're 100% correct. We've elected ourselves a bunch of moronic, dead-headed, insane Republicans to Congress. The mess the country's in is totally their fault. No sense trying to cast any aspersions on the words or actions of the Democrats or our Anointed One, who cannot do anything wrong. You've won me over.

Sheesh.
jerryroche

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:48 pm

I didn't even vote for Obama last time, and I think the majority of Dems in congress are shitbags on par with the Republicans.

You're 100% correct. We've elected ourselves a bunch of moronic, dead-headed, insane Republicans to Congress.

Especially the Cruzites. You've elected people who cannot recognize political reality and decided to shutdown the government in response to not getting their way.

Here's a suggestion; if you want to get your way...... win a fucking election.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby bookelly » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:23 pm

This notion that somehow the Democrats have to yield to the minority and compromise is the whole point of this shitfest. When your 3-year-old refuses to go to bed unless he gets a cookie...no sane parent would give in to that!

If the Dems give one inch right now the Tea Party is gonna deploy this tactic EVERY SINGLE TIME. A line in the sand has been drawn here, and I'm glad the Dems are sticking to their guns and telling these petulant children to go to bed.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby jerryroche » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:43 pm

bookelly wrote:This notion that somehow the Democrats have to yield to the minority and compromise is the whole point of this shitfest. When your 3-year-old refuses to go to bed unless he gets a cookie...no sane parent would give in to that!

If the Dems give one inch right now the Tea Party is gonna deploy this tactic EVERY SINGLE TIME. A line in the sand has been drawn here, and I'm glad the Dems are sticking to their guns and telling these petulant children to go to bed.

With an attitude like that, you should be a U.S. Senator or Congressman, because that's the exact posture that our current leaders have assumed--on both sides. There's not an adult among them, just a bunch of "petulant children" who call each other names like spoiled first-graders. This will not end well.
jerryroche

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:46 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
CDT, I don't think the Republicans' approach has anything to do with madness or drug-addled brains or insanity. I think they are just tired of taking shit from Obama and his henchmen

Those vicious henchmen that want to see the law passed by congress and upheld by the USSC go into effect. What rotten bastards. Never mind the time and money wasted on those 40 pointless repeal votes. Doing the same dumb thing 40 times when you know the result.... that's insanity.

A real leader would get Boehner and Pelosi and McConnell and Reid in the Oval Office, attempt to broker a compromise

Which he has done..... multiple times, including having Boehner in last week and calling him this morning. The "compromise" for the Republicans is shredding the ACA and holding the country hostage if the knee isn't bent. They made good on the latter, which makes them look stupid and callous.

What I'm saying is that it's not just Tea Party's or the Republicans' fault, no matter what the media would have you believe.

Yes it is. Pass a clean bill and none of this happens.

Not an excuse, rationalization, or any attempt to defend Republican assclowns. Just my POV (again, from someone who wanted health care reform)

ACA was rammed through the House and Senate without a single Republican yes vote. 34 Dems crossed over in the House vote. Both sides were completely unreasonable in their approach.

Some Republican dude in Mass was elected to Ted Kennedy's Senate seat after he died. His sole message was he would be the guy to block a Senate filibuster. Republican replaces a Kennedy in Massachusetts and Massholes vote him in because he ran against ACA.

The President kept repeating again and again "This is not a tax"
Supreme Court - It's unconstitutional
The President - I guess it's a tax then (this is my major complaint)

I could go on and on about the number of states (in which the majority of the uninsured live) that have opted out of the Medicaid expansion and the coverage gap that creates, the delays, the tax increase, the pressure on the middle class young to fund.....it goes on and on

It may be law, but it's a fucking shitty law. Again, no excuse to keep wasting everyone's time and money to try and repeal and force a shutdown, but there some aspects of how this became law that really stink.
mattvan1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:14 pm

Well that was certainly an impressive, rambling post with no apparent point.

Go get Doc Brown maybe you can go back in time and make the vote more satisfactory. Maybe make it less rammed or whatever.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:43 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Well that was certainly an impressive, rambling post with no apparent point.

Go get Doc Brown maybe you can go back in time and make the vote more satisfactory. Maybe make it less rammed or whatever.

I'd like to ram you, fuckface
mattvan1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:46 pm

You do realize how bad that sounds, right?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You do realize how bad that sounds, right?

I meant it affectionately (inlove)
mattvan1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:31 pm

That was my concern.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Well it's working, the brainwashing that is. I mean anyone who can't see this cluster fuck of a show is the fault of both parties has to be a retard.

I mean that in the nicest way of course.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:25 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'm just curious as to what madness or strange drug could have driven the Republicans to this current situation. To completely ignore the fact the ACA is here to stay while wasting time and money trying in vain to repeal it, is pretty much the actual definition of insanity.

The "here to stay" argument is laughable. As if laws have never been changed in this country. They may lose this battle, may lose the war, but that fucking thing can be changed or repealed.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:35 am

While I agree with you OJ, CDT is probably right, this thing is probably not changing in anyway anytime soon, even if it were an epic failure within 2 years. We just don't react quick enough in this government.

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:43 pm

jerryroche wrote:

CDT, I don't think the Republicans' approach has anything to do with madness or drug-addled brains or insanity. I think they are just tired of taking shit from Obama and his henchmen. They've glommed onto the ACA and debt ceiling issues (and for at least half of America, they are THE issues) as a way to regain some "face" after having Obama rub theirs in the mud for most all of his reign. There is just so much real animosity in Washington today that BOTH parties are losing the ability to govern.

A real leader would get Boehner and Pelosi and McConnell and Reid in the Oval Office, attempt to broker a compromise, and tell the four of them that they could not leave the room until they reached some kind of agreement. But, unfortunately for all of America, Obama does not recognize that he's the leader of ALL of us, not just the Dems.

What I'm saying is that it's not just Tea Party's or the Republicans' fault, no matter what the media would have you believe. It is the fault of 536 people in Washington: Congress, the Senate and the President. They all share equal guilt.

1. "Taking shit?" You might want to back to January 2009 and review how this all started. Unless you have an alternate usage of "taking".

2. If they really want to stop being on the receiving end, they might want to enact some policies and practices that don't tank them in the polls. They learned nothing from 2012's election. They are ensuring perpetuation of their minority party status nationally. Even from a Machiavellian standpoint they are collectively dumber than a box of hammers.

3. While I am not gonna be backed into a corner of saying Barry is a leader of any sort, didn't he try this exact same strategy in Debt ceiling Crisis I? And didn't he get a deal that Boner couldn't get through? While Barry is a fail, he looks like Geo washington compared to Boner. What's he point of bringing them together? The GOP wing nuts will compromise on exactly nothing. They are there to starve the beast.

4. 100% of this issue is on the GOP House. 100%. They are shutting down the Federal Government deliberately to starve the beat and to prevent a law from being enacted. I just wish they'd stay true and own it. They are getting what they want.

All that's left is to see which economists are correct.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:47 pm

Orenthal wrote:

The "here to stay" argument is laughable. As if laws have never been changed in this country. They may lose this battle, may lose the war, but that fucking thing can be changed or repealed.

Yep.

But not if some of the measures go into place and the distortions or lies are proven to be just that.

The biggest opportunity is to do that before it goes into effect and people can see reality.

Chances are some aspects will be good and stick and others suck and be repealed, and yet others will be changed for special big-monied interests.

After all the BS from all over I'd like to just see what actually happens...
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:00 pm

Orenthal wrote:

0-40.

You lost the battle.

You lost the war.

You lost.

Last resort is to try and blow it all up. Of course the Republicans went with the ACME Dynamite Kit, and now it's blowing up in their faces.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:33 pm

jb wrote:
Orenthal wrote:

Yep.

But not if some of the measures go into place and the distortions or lies are proven to be just that.

The biggest opportunity is to do that before it goes into effect and people can see reality.

Chances are some aspects will be good and stick and others suck and be repealed, and yet others will be changed for special big-monied interests.

After all the BS from all over I'd like to just see what actually happens...

I can actually get to this point. As CDT says the Democrats won the election, they got their law passed. While I think it was rammed though and it is bad law I am sure there are some aspects worth looking at. To me this all boils down to how it was passed and the fact no one on the Hill really even knew what was in the thing. It is why so many exmptions are being carved out. Just too bad everyone is 100% in sticking with their guns, cuz nothing will change.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:10 pm

The Dems have no reason to negotiate with a bunch of hostage takers. They're not going to kowtow to the GOP and allow the ACA to be funded piecemeal. You know that, and the GOP certainly knows it.

Personally, i'm enjoying seeing the GOP do more damage to their already crumbling brand.

ROMNEY 2016!
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:07 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Personally, i'm enjoying seeing the GOP do more damage to their already crumbling brand.

There has to be a positive spin on "poorly educated racists". Where's Palin when you need her, she will save them. Like she saved McCain's campaign.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:53 am

When do we assume fiscal responsibility?
Orenthal

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:53 am

jb wrote:4. 100% of this issue is on the GOP House. 100%. They are shutting down the Federal Government deliberately to starve the beat and to prevent a law from being enacted. I just wish they'd stay true and own it. They are getting what they want.

That's just simpleton thinking jb, while you like to play one on the Interwebs I know you're not one (not that we as a board will ever give you any credit due).

If you want to quantify blame for this go ahead, the Rs definitely have to own part of this, most of it IMO. To present this as the Ds having no blame is just flat out stupidity, partisan BS and being blind (pick any of the three). The Ds/Obama are doing zip to truly resolve this and take a leadership role. The Ds, particularly Obama, are being complacent about this regarding the American people. It's actually more embarrassing for BHO simply b/c he's the POTUS and claimed to be the great uniter. LOL.

BTW, for everyone's enjoyment http://fuckyoucongress.com/congress-fucks-kids-with-cancer/

FUDU

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:22 am

When you cut through all the bs, and lay blame across the board where it belongs, this country is on its way to being General Motors.
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:39 pm

That's just simpleton thinking jb, while you like to play one on the Interwebs

No. A simpleton is someone who shuts down the government because they don't get their way. Like a child throwing a fit because they can't have a toy in K-Mart.

A simpleton is someone who expects the POTUS to be a leader, yet claims he isn't when he won't bow to a group of fucktards so they can tear up his prized legislation.

To present this as the Ds having no blame is just flat out stupidity, partisan BS and being blind (pick any of the three).

This is another classic FUDUism. "Pick any of the three" no "or" in there. lol, man, lol.

The Ds/Obama are doing zip to truly resolve this and take a leadership role.

And the Republicans are? They've taken the position of total obstruction. What would the all knowing expert in leadership FUDU do if he were facing the same type of opposition?

Erie Warrior wrote: There has to be a positive spin on "poorly educated racists". Where's Palin when you need her, she will save them. Like she saved McCain's campaign.

You got a rouges' gallery of really stupid people helping drive the GOP to a staggering approval rating of 24%.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:37 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You got a rouges' gallery of really stupid people helping drive the GOP to a staggering approval rating of 24%.

Quite the opposite. Well, sort of. Since W., the republican party has pandered to simpletons. Good move, there are a lot of them. They have split this country into 2 groups:

1. Down home folk who "trust in god", distrust brown skinded people, and despise gays and science because they believe those things stand in opposition to the teachings of a book written largely from fables passed down for hundreds of years after they took place, then edited to fit the money fueled agenda of the church.

2. Anyone who doesn't fit into group 1.

Occasionally there are those people who are fiscally conservative (a good thing) and who really oppose government interference or oversight in their daily lives (seems legit, except they pick and choose when the government can interfere).

Mostly they lack empathy. Or they make enough money not to care.

And so here we stand, with government agencies that millions depend upon shut down because the house republicans refuse to accept that the divide between themselves and a large percent of the rest of the country is real, dangerous, and the major problem we face in society.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:56 pm

CDT you obviously need to go back to Remedial Reading in the Womb because you missed the part where I put most of the blame on the Rs, it was in my monologue for fuck sake.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:24 pm

That's not a monologue, you fucking dolt.

And I read it, the problem is you decided to keep typing.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Well then drunk Germans approaching 7' tall obviously don't comprehend what they read so well.

Now have a Coke and a smile and STFU.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:40 pm

Hit us with another one of your monologues, DU.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby pup » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:38 pm

Once again we return to where we started.

We have no choice but to elect a member from fucked up Group A or fucked up Group B. And then we sit around and argue about who is more fucked up. Neither is more fucked up, because they are equally fucked up. It only depends on which side of the fucked upness you decide to align yourself.

Hash it out on the boards all you want...it just doesn't matter. We are fucked.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:26 pm

pup wrote:Once again we return to where we started.

We have no choice but to elect a member from fucked up Group A or fucked up Group B. And then we sit around and argue about who is more fucked up. Neither is more fucked up, because they are equally fucked up. It only depends on which side of the fucked upness you decide to align yourself.

I agree with all of the above, but I'm breathless at this shitshow getting more typed words out of you than the Indians birthing a fake playoff game out of wedlock did.

Maybe we just need to find you more Gingers.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Yeah yeah yeah...... High and holy position in the center and all that jazz.

But what's your solution to us being fucked?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Term limits.

Exterminate lobbyists.

Make all of Congress abide by the same "rules/laws" we do.

Reduce the tax code from 10,000 pages to 10.

It wouldn't fix everything, but be a decent start.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby pup » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:27 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

Yeah yeah yeah...... High and holy position in the center and all that jazz.

But what's your solution to us being fucked?

Um. There isn't one. Hence being fucked.

Center is not where I am. Trust me.

If the left is fucked and the right is fucked...what good would it be to be in the center? You just get fucked by both sides.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:03 pm

pod2dawg wrote:Term limits.

Exterminate lobbyists.

Heh...funny you mentioned that

Obama and the Senate now have the chance to man up and show US how great the ACA is going to be

:thumb up: :thumb up: :thumb up:

House Republicans plan to vote Tuesday night on a revised budget proposal that would end the partial government shutdown, raise the debt ceiling and, in a challenge to Democrats, force government officials from President Obama on down to obtain health insurance through ObamaCare.

House Speaker John Boehner's office announced late Tuesday afternoon that they would proceed with a vote. Operating on a tight timeline, lawmakers are trying to hammer out a bill before Thursday's deadline to raise the debt ceiling.

Though Republicans have considered over the last several weeks a range of provisions relating to ObamaCare, the one they settled on in this package would force Congress, the president, and many other administration officials and staff onto ObamaCare without additional subsidies. GOP lawmakers described the proposed mandate as a matter of "fairness."

"If the president and Senate Democrats are going to force the American people to live under ObamaCare, then they and all Washington leaders should not be shielded from the law," one GOP aide said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10 ... sponse-to/
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:
pod2dawg wrote:Term limits.

Exterminate lobbyists.

Heh...funny you mentioned that

Obama and the Senate now have the chance to man up and show US how great the ACA is going to be

:thumb up: :thumb up: :thumb up:

House Republicans plan to vote Tuesday night on a revised budget proposal that would end the partial government shutdown, raise the debt ceiling and, in a challenge to Democrats, force government officials from President Obama on down to obtain health insurance through ObamaCare.

House Speaker John Boehner's office announced late Tuesday afternoon that they would proceed with a vote. Operating on a tight timeline, lawmakers are trying to hammer out a bill before Thursday's deadline to raise the debt ceiling.

Though Republicans have considered over the last several weeks a range of provisions relating to ObamaCare, the one they settled on in this package would force Congress, the president, and many other administration officials and staff onto ObamaCare without additional subsidies. GOP lawmakers described the proposed mandate as a matter of "fairness."

"If the president and Senate Democrats are going to force the American people to live under ObamaCare, then they and all Washington leaders should not be shielded from the law," one GOP aide said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10 ... sponse-to/

LOL, the GOP equivalent of making your kid smoke the whole pack when you catch them behind the barn with a butt in their mouth.

I suppose it doesn't matter to these geniuses that nobody who already has insurance has to sign up for ACA insurance, but hey, whatever they feel like they need to do to try to save face.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby jb » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:42 am

FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:4. 100% of this issue is on the GOP House. 100%. They are shutting down the Federal Government deliberately to starve the beat and to prevent a law from being enacted. I just wish they'd stay true and own it. They are getting what they want.

That's just simpleton thinking jb, while you like to play one on the Interwebs I know you're not one (not that we as a board will ever give you any credit due).

If you want to quantify blame for this go ahead, the Rs definitely have to own part of this, most of it IMO. To present this as the Ds having no blame is just flat out stupidity, partisan BS and being blind (pick any of the three). The Ds/Obama are doing zip to truly resolve this and take a leadership role. The Ds, particularly Obama, are being complacent about this regarding the American people. It's actually more embarrassing for BHO simply b/c he's the POTUS and claimed to be the great uniter. LOL.

BTW, for everyone's enjoyment http://fuckyoucongress.com/congress-fucks-kids-with-cancer/

FUDU - There's no "in general" principal here. there's not even partisnship.

It is black and white and apolitical.

Overall, I tend to sit with Orenthal's post about GM. He and I haven't agreed on anything in YEARS and yet I read that and say "uh huh".

Look, if the extreme right GOP wants to use legal hard ball parlimentary maneuvering to stop the go-along, get-along precedent in DC, that's their every right. The Dems could have done the same thing to funding the wars or the W tax cuts. They didn't. They can cry about it but that was their choice.

But the GOP shut it down. They refuse to allow a clean vote they believe will pass by using procedure. Again, good for them.

But don't act like they didn't and create some alternate reality.

The whole "refused to negotiate" red herring now gets out of black and white into subjectivity.

My personal belief is the Senate IS negotiating their asses off and has been. Boner lacks the very elementary ability to enact any party discipline whatsoever. If Obama is a bad President, the Boner has to be worse as SotH. The lack of any party discipline or whip ability is staggering on an historic level. His own whip is in open rebellion against him. cantor ignors him and paners to the wing.

There's nothing to negotiate when any compromise is out of the question. "Negotiate" means capitulate to all political gains made. No one is ever going to do that.

Dick Armey & Tom DeLay would have castrated reps by now and hung their sacks from the lamp posts on PA avenue.

Jon Stewart said it best:

"Don't fart in the room and look at the dog."
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:52 pm

There is nothing partisan about any of us. Enough blame to go around to all of them. They all had more than enough time to deal with ACA AND the debt ceiling. Everything is pure partisan BS. It is that simple.

Now they are both going to try to look like heroes come the 11th hour.

Aint fooling me.

FUDU

Unread postby pod2dawg » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:11 am

FUDU wrote:There is nothing partisan about any of us. Enough blame to go around to all of them. They all had more than enough time to deal with ACA AND the debt ceiling. Everything is pure partisan BS. It is that simple.

Now they are both going to try to look like heroes come the 11th hour.

Aint fooling me.

Congress spends most of their time on the phone fundraising.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:59 pm

Got catastrophic health care reform?

Boy this is fun, the only question left, is he stupid or an asshole because you'd have to be one of the two to get to where we are today.

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:21 am

So JB, no opinion on the early stages of life with ACA?

FUDU

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred