Text Size

College Sports Arena

Week 6: Who you got?

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Week 6: Who you got?

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:39 am

16-10 YTD ATS

Up 1485.

This is the first really good week of football. Last week was good, this week is great. I like some of the crappier games, but I am going to try to stay on the bigger games that I am actually going to watch.

MD +16.5 for 200. I like FSU... alot, but I am buying a little of the MD hype. I would feel better if the game was not Tallahassee, but 16.5 is a lot for an unproven team to give another unproven team.

I really want to take Minny +19 against scUM, but I cannot sort out the hatred that I have for scUM from my real feelings for the game. scUM is just not good but this week they are coming off a bye week where I am sure they had to have done something and it is only the Golden Gophers for crying outloud. Screw it.... Minny +19 for 50.

Oklahoma -9 for 200 against TCU.

Ohio State -6.5 for 400(in the interest of full disclosure, the line ranges from 6.5-7.5 on this one)

Stanford -8 vs. Washington for 150. I just am not sure what to make of UW, 8 seems like a pretty big number, but I think Stanford will make it happen.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Week 6: Who you got?

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:19 am

Very Interesting games for the B1G at noon.

How good are the Hawkeyes? Can they knock off Sparty?

Can Pelini save his job in Nebraska? Illinois is a improved this year and a loss will really make it hard on Pelini to salvage anything this season, including his job.

Minny @ scUM. Can scUM turn it around after the bye? I think Minny could be a great confidence builder for them, or it could be a crushing loss that could send this season on a death spiral. The way scUM played Akron and UConn (BAD TEAMS) it would not shock me if they won or lost the game. I think this is the one I will be watching, at least as long as it close.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Well scUM game is at noon... I guess FSU vs. MD it is for me.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:22 pm

OK, so Maryland was a poor choice. Come on trash time TDs!

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Ouch, that MD pick looks ridiculous now (63-0 FSU).

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:59 pm

scUM is GARBAGE. Watching Minny ram it down their throats on that last drive was funny and sad.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:17 pm

furls wrote:scUM is GARBAGE. Watching Minny ram it down their throats on that last drive was funny and sad.

Todays slate sucks almost as bad as week 4.

Uhg this is brutal.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Jerry Kill with another seizure today. How much longer can this go on before he just has to step down?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:00 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
furls wrote:scUM is GARBAGE. Watching Minny ram it down their throats on that last drive was funny and sad.

Todays slate sucks almost as bad as week 4.

Uhg this is brutal.

It looked better on paper. That UMD vs. FSU game was very disappointing. I was hoping it would be at least sort of competitive. Hopefully UWash vs. Stanford is interesting.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:18 pm

Is it just me, or is there a lot of mediocrity in NCAAF again? There are some pretty bad defenses paired up with good offenses and vice versa.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:43 pm

Miracle cover by the Buckeyes probably saved my picks this week. I don't generally get the miracle cover, so I'll take it!

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:19 am

furls wrote:Miracle cover by the Buckeyes probably saved my picks this week. I don't generally get the miracle cover, so I'll take it!

@DavidPurdum: MGM VP of Race & Sports Jay Rood estimates a "$3-4 million" swing in NV because of OSU last TD.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Return to College Sports Arena