Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Breaking Bad - Season 4

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: Breaking Bad - Season 4

Unread postby StewieG » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:51 pm

Walt's talk with Skyler was by far my favorite scene from the finale. His "I did it for me" speech was outstanding.

I was somewhat surprised the ending was as clean as it was. Walt at peace, all bad guys dead, Jesse escaped, kids get his money, Skyler possibly off the hook, Hank and Gomez' bodies found...its about as happy of an ending as this show can have.

I was sure the ricin was for Lydia. So when Walt showed up at Gretchen and Elliot's house I was stunned. Of course I was fooled again. When the dots showed up on their chests. Wow.

The scene with Badger and Skinny Pete was great too. I loved how they were morally dubious until Walt flashed them a stack of cash. Pretty much says it all.

Lastly, I liked how Walt killed Jack the same way Jack killed Hank. In the middle of a sentence.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:21 pm

mitch wrote:Gilligan stated that Walt had full intentions of killing Jesse along with himself and all of the Nazis; but after seeing the condition that Jesse was in, changed his mind.

Unbelievable finish.

Best Scene: Walt's talk with Skyler

Favorite Scene: Jesse choking Todd (and snapping his neck for good measure).

Second Favorite Scene: Walt picking up Todd's phone to tell Lydia that her OCD ass was gonna die.

Just wish we had heard one last "Bitch" from Jesse as Todd's neck snapped.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:45 pm

Spent Friday night and into Saturday morning watching the 2nd half up through finale.

You guys have said it all here already. It was just perfect. I liked Hank so my heart dropped when the Nazis showed up in the desert. Knew how that was gonna go and loved that Hank did too ("He made up his mind ten minutes ago").

IMO it's the best show ever. My interest grew each episode and never waned. Can't say that about The Wire, Sopranos or anything else. Shit, I stopped GoT right before the Red Wedding and haven't gone back.

BB was pretty much perfect.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Previous

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture