Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Brian Hoyer is for real"............

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Brian Hoyer is for real"............

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:30 pm

He just done Bledsoed Weeden , who is now kaput.

The team plays for him. He plays for them.

This is Brady dumps Bledsoe full circle replay live .

And suddenly , not getting Teddy don't seem so bad.

Winning soothes everything.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Re: Brian Hoyer is for real"............

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:31 pm

He's giving me a lot of fake hope right now.

He's got to earn more from me.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:31 pm

Holy shit he is Kelly Unitas....

Didn't even take two weeks!
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:35 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Holy shit he is Kelly Unitas....

Didn't even take two weeks!

SD:

He's winning something the real Johnny Unitas learned how to do , after being cut from the Steelers who were the worst team in football at the time.

Holcomb played well, he jst never won.

BIG Difference
SoulDawg74

Unread postby bac5665 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:41 pm

Hoyer has a chance to be the guy.

But even Luck isn't there yet; to say Hoyer has earned the praise you're giving him just makes you look a fool.

Hoyer has been far better than expected. But so did McCoy, Weeden at times, Holcomb, DA, WALLACE, and so many others. Fuck, Dalton has made the playoffs. Until a QB wins a playoff game, proclaiming them to be good is premature.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:55 pm

I don't know, I just know I haven't seen an offense firing on as many cylinders as this one since 2007.

In Hoyer We Trust.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:02 pm

Let's not confuse a guy who simply gets the ball out on time, doesn't throw every ball with the same speed and arc and isn't a dope with a top 12 QB.

It's like watching a different game to be sure, and the guy looks like he's got some qualities. but good holy Christ, pump the brakes.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:09 pm

leadpipe wrote:Let's not confuse a guy who simply gets the ball out on time, doesn't throw every ball with the same speed and arc and isn't a dope with a top 12 QB.

It's like watching a different game to be sure, and the guy looks like he's got some qualities. but good holy Christ, pump the brakes.

Yes.

Or, to quote Pulp Fiction, "Let's not all go sucking each other's dicks just yet."

I said in the preseason the AFC North could be won by a 9-7 record and that even if the Bengals win, that probably would be the record they have. They're not that good and Marvin Lewis remains the head coach. He's parsley, to quote another movie I love (Gold Star to whoever gets the reference)

The more tape on Hoyer the other coaches have, the more you may see this guy come crashing back down to earth.

Still, I'm not going to argue winning under any circumstances. That being said, Like the Indians this year, they have to win something before I'll buy in.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:23 pm

Jesus Fucking Christ on a Fucking Popsicle Stick.

Dude has a fucking long vagina attached to his right shoulder. Any pass over 15 yards is danger of bouncing off a mosquito. The only answer Hoyer is would be to the question "What would it look like if Chad Pennington played for the Browns?"

He's a very good game manager that doesn't make mistakes and if the Defense is good enough (it was today), he can win the game for you. The way this team is comprised, he gives you a better chance to win than the other dude.

But if you're seriously fucking jumping on a "We Don't Need a QB" tangent because of Brian fucking Hoyer, you need to sober up or give me some of what you're drinking.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:26 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:I don't know, I just know I haven't seen an offense firing on as many cylinders as this one since 2007.

In Hoyer We Trust.

This might be the saddest thing I've ever read, since there weren't a helluva lot of cylinders firing out there today on either side. If that's to be considered a good Browns offense, we must've endured the Black Plague of Offensive Football the last 5 years.
Hikohadon

Unread postby General » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:31 pm

WTF is wrong with winning a few and having a fucking product that is watchable from a distance. In the end Hoyer maybe The Cleveland version of Icarus and Daedalus but if Banbardi are all of that then build from the mid range. Do they really have to suck baboon ass to improve? It is kind of fun watching this as opposed to BWeeds.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization-Do I really have to change this?
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:40 pm

General wrote:WTF is wrong with winning a few and having a fucking product that is watchable from a distance. In the end Hoyer maybe The Cleveland version of Icarus and Daedalus but if Banbardi are all of that then build from the mid range. Do they really have to suck baboon ass to improve? It is kind of fun watching this as opposed to BWeeds.

Nothing. Just not in the mood to placate typical Browns Fan hyperbole regarding a clearly limited player.

Give the guy his props, he has made almost no mistakes and has been good enough to win 2 games, hope he continues to do well, that would be fun. But let's not lose our gourds here, people.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:41 pm

General wrote:WTF is wrong with winning a few and having a fucking product that is watchable from a distance. In the end Hoyer maybe The Cleveland version of Icarus and Daedalus but if Banbardi are all of that then build from the mid range. Do they really have to suck baboon ass to improve? It is kind of fun watching this as opposed to BWeeds.

It's more fun watching African kids starve to death than watching Weeden.

It's 2014.

We just traded in a 2002 piece of shit for a 2009 that's significantly better.

But we ain't running a 2014 top of the line model out there.

People should be excited to watch better, more entertaining football and be thrilled that the Brandon Weeden era lasted barely a couple more games then the era of the complete fucking morons that took him.

And while I disagree w/Hiko's assessment of Hoyer's arm given NFL analysts say it's extremely strong but not as big as Weeden's, I agree with him that you can love the effect the player is having right now w/o falling in love with the player.

I like to call this the 'Stripper Corollary' ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:43 pm

peeker643 wrote:And while I disagree w/Hiko's assessment of Hoyer's arm given NFL analysts say it's extremely strong but not as big as Weeden's, I agree with him that you can love the effect the player is having right now w/o falling in love with the player.

Which NFL Analyst made that assessment? Ray Charles? ;-) ;) :wink:

If I thought for one second that Hoyer had even a average NFL arm, I'd be on that bandwagon.
Hikohadon

Unread postby General » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:44 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

Nothing. Just not in the mood to placate typical Browns Fan hyperbole regarding a clearly limited player.

Give the guy his props, he has made almost no mistakes and has been good enough to win 2 games, hope he continues to do well, that would be fun. But let's not lose our gourds here, people.

Exactly. I haven't booked my flight to meadowlands but it is nice to be competitive. Maybe invest time in Hoyer instead of DA clone Weeds.....for the time being.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization-Do I really have to change this?
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby HoodooMan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:49 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:This is Brady dumps Bledsoe full circle replay live .

Brian Brady! (inlove)
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:50 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:I don't know, I just know I haven't seen an offense firing on as many cylinders as this one since 2007.

In Hoyer We Trust.

This might be the saddest thing I've ever read, since there weren't a helluva lot of cylinders firing out there today on either side. If that's to be considered a good Browns offense, we must've endured the Black Plague of Offensive Football the last 5 years.

DA after defenses figured him out.
Quinn.
Delhomme.
McCoy.
Wallace.
Weeden.

"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:01 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:And while I disagree w/Hiko's assessment of Hoyer's arm given NFL analysts say it's extremely strong but not as big as Weeden's, I agree with him that you can love the effect the player is having right now w/o falling in love with the player.

If I thought for one second that Hoyer had even a average NFL arm, I'd be on that bandwagon.

Just saw this earlier. I mean, dude did stand in front of guys who were slinging it for 7 years or so.

Mike Mayock also commented on the arm strength but he's not on Twitter AFAIK.

Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL 4h
Hoyer's arm strength is impressive ,& noticeable
Expand

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:16 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Just saw this earlier. I mean, dude did stand in front of guys who were slinging it for 7 years or so.

Expand

Man, I wish I agreed.

Every pass he throws over 20 yards gives me the Couch Heebeejeebees, it's floating up the air so long that you could shoot it 3 times with a crossbow.

To be honest, I was excited to watch him this week because I wanted him to convince me that his arm was good enough for him to be a legit QB threat, but until that last TD drive every pass over 15 yards today just depressed me, floating, short, off-target. The entire offense seemed to consist of bubble screens and slants. Shurmur would've been proud.

Looks like we'll have the rest of the season for him to prove me wrong. And believe me, it would be so much more fun for me to be wrong.
Hikohadon

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:17 pm

Your just a little confused because you watched Braxton unleash his bazooka arm last night Hiko.

It's understandable.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:19 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Your just a little confused because you watched Braxton unleash his bazooka arm last night Hiko.

It's understandable.

Tell ya who has a stronger arm than Weeden is Mike Glennon. We've seen that doesn't mean shit other than you can throw it hard, but Glennon throws it hard. As strong an arm as I've seen come onto league in last 10 years or so.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:21 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRXq8TKq-a8

Eddie Murphy on Brian Hoyer.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Jesus Fucking Christ on a Fucking Popsicle Stick.

Dude has a fucking long vagina attached to his right shoulder. Any pass over 15 yards is danger of bouncing off a mosquito.

The mental image is both vivid and disturbing. Does he need to wear special shoulder pads?

Brian Unitas Brady or Vagina Arm. Both are suitable handles for Hoyer.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:30 pm

Browns win/Tribe win, so for some Godforsaken reason I get the idea to turn on local sports radio for the first time in months.

Caller #1 compares Hoyer to Brady.

Caller #2 thinks that Hoyer's movement in the pocket is reminiscent of Aaron Rodgers.

Caller # 3 want to talk Tribe, and feels that the Tribe won 10 straight to close it out, so he sees no reason why they can't win 12 straight and whip right thru the post season.

Caller #4 Says their will be "A bevy of players lined up to come play in Cleveland this offseason based on the wild card run.

That's all I could take. On went the Sirius.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby municipalmutt » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:18 pm

leadpipe wrote:Browns win/Tribe win, so for some Godforsaken reason I get the idea to turn on local sports radio for the first time in months.

Caller #2 thinks that Hoyer's movement in the pocket is reminiscent of Aaron Rodgers.

Caller # 3 want to talk Tribe, and feels that the Tribe won 10 straight to close it out, so he sees no reason why they can't win 12 straight and whip right thru the post season.

Caller #4 Says their will be "A bevy of players lined up to come play in Cleveland this offseason based on the wild card run.

Lose two games to start the season = season over let's talk draft
Win next two games = talk of winning the division and playoffs
municipalmutt

Unread postby jb » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:36 am

mattvan1 wrote:

Dude has a fucking long vagina attached to his right shoulder. Any pass over 15 yards is danger of bouncing off a mosquito.

The mental image is both vivid and disturbing. Does he need to wear special shoulder pads?

Brian Unitas Brady or Vagina Arm. Both are suitable handles for Hoyer.

There's only 1 QB on the roster in need of a tampon & it's not Hoyer.

His arm isn't nearly as bad as Hiko insists. Aint great. Maybe not even good but far from tragic.

The problem ain't Hoyer. He looks like a very nice find. Got him for air. A backup QB that doesn't need much work that knows his role and can step in and still win you a game isn't a luxury on a contender. It is a must. So Hoyer is a keeper and building block. No need to slag him out of fear the FO will confuse him for what he isn't or starving fans' Hoyermania.
I sense nothing but panic in that take unless one thinks Banner is that dumb or sentimental.

But NFW is he "the guy". What he does give you in the ability to bring The Guy around the right way. That's huge.

I don't think Kelly Unitas.

I think Gary Danielson.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:43 am

municipalmutt wrote:
leadpipe wrote:Browns win/Tribe win, so for some Godforsaken reason I get the idea to turn on local sports radio for the first time in months.

Lose two games to start the season = season over let's talk draft
Win next two games = talk of winning the division and playoffs

Naw. The tank is dead barring a catastrophic run of injuries. Theyre too good on D for a tank. This team has yet to trail at half. That's not the stuff of a tank.

The best news I've read as they blacked out the Browns for the Inbred getting punked in the Valley is Mingo seems for real. Add in some legit DBs and stock tho O with a QB and speed, get lucky with Faulk & Gilky and this gets fun.

But as is the 6-7 win range most of us thought now seems like equillibrium, and there may be a bonus in that this is the worst division since the early 80s.
jb

Unread postby jb » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:52 am

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Expand

Man, I wish I agreed.

Every pass he throws over 20 yards gives me the Couch Heebeejeebees, it's floating up the air so long that you could shoot it 3 times with a crossbow.

To be honest, I was excited to watch him this week because I wanted him to convince me that his arm was good enough for him to be a legit QB threat, but until that last TD drive every pass over 15 yards today just depressed me, floating, short, off-target. The entire offense seemed to consist of bubble screens and slants. Shurmur would've been proud.

Looks like we'll have the rest of the season for him to prove me wrong. And believe me, it would be so much more fun for me to be wrong.

For a team that couldn't execute a screen for a decade and a D that was probably in full attack mode against the right OL and QB without many career starts I might rethink my concerns.
jb

Unread postby Spin » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:21 am

peeker643 wrote:It's more fun watching African kids starve to death than watching Weeden.

It's 2014.

We just traded in a 2002 piece of shit for a 2009 that's significantly better.

But we ain't running a 2014 top of the line model out there.

People should be excited to watch better, more entertaining football and be thrilled that the Brandon Weeden era lasted barely a couple more games then the era of the complete fucking morons that took him.

And while I disagree w/Hiko's assessment of Hoyer's arm given NFL analysts say it's extremely strong but not as big as Weeden's, I agree with him that you can love the effect the player is having right now w/o falling in love with the player.

I like to call this the 'Stripper Corollary' ;-) ;) :wink:

This does give the fans a reprieve from the suffering. It also brings a winning attitude to the team, which is IMO very important. The younger players get a taste of winning and they know they can have more. The fans buy in (and buy tickets).

And it's a lot easier to bring in a name FA to a 8-8 or 9-7 team that needs you to get "over the top" than it is when you're 4-12.

It might fuck up draft status, but with multiple picks and multiple QB's in this draft, moving up isn't impossible. (It wasn't last year but Walrus wouldn't pull the trigger).
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:50 am

jb wrote:His arm isn't nearly as bad as Hiko insists. Aint great. Maybe not even good but far from tragic.

I clearly exaggerate its weakness to emphasize my point that it isn't good enough for a franchise QB, so people should not consider him anything but a nice short term stopgap.

jb wrote:The problem ain't Hoyer. He looks like a very nice find. Got him for air. A backup QB that doesn't need much work that knows his role and can step in and still win you a game isn't a luxury on a contender. It is a must. So Hoyer is a keeper and building block. No need to slag him out of fear the FO will confuse him for what he isn't or starving fans' Hoyermania.
I sense nothing but panic in that take unless one thinks Banner is that dumb or sentimental.

Panic is a poor word to use there, "annoyance" is what you're looking for. And, yes, I worry that Banner is that dumb. But in all honesty, I doubt even our FO looks at Hoyer and says "good enough to win a SB with".

jb wrote:But NFW is he "the guy". What he does give you in the ability to bring The Guy around the right way. That's huge.

Agreed. You don't even have to start the rookie that you damn well better draft in 2014 to be The Answer right away with Hoyer, you can wait a few weeks.
Hikohadon

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:28 pm

He looks serviceable. Its difficult to overstate the effect of having weeden as a direct comparison from the first two games of the season, because that was some of the worst quarterback play I've seen on this team since the return.

But it was damn nice to see some competent football in gut check time on Sunday. I wont sell him or the team short on that 90+ yard drive to paydirt when that was exactly what they needed to do to get that win. That just isnt something the Browns have done very often.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:14 pm

Dude has a fucking long vagina attached to his right shoulder. Any pass over 15 yards is danger of bouncing off a mosquito. The only answer Hoyer is would be to the question "What would it look like if Chad Pennington played for the Browns?"

He's a very good game manager that doesn't make mistakes and if the Defense is good enough (it was today), he can win the game for you. The way this team is comprised, he gives you a better chance to win than the other dude.

But if you're seriously fucking jumping on a "We Don't Need a QB" tangent because of Brian fucking Hoyer, you need to sober up or give me some of what you're drinking.

Yeah, I mean if somebody wants to act that way about Hoyer at least be an Ignatius grad.

But we all know your ability to evaluate a QB's arm. ;-) ;) :wink:
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:17 pm

Yeah, I mean if somebody wants to act that way about Hoyer at least be an Ignatius grad.

FUDU

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:33 pm

FUDU wrote:

What, Weeden?

Did his arm get less strong and I didn't notice?

Arm evaluation was about all I DID get right on him. He can hurl a ball, just not always where he should be hurling it.

Give Hoyer Weeden's arm strength and DAY-UM!
Hikohadon

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:50 pm

I was actually referring to your comments about Peyton Manning. Just fuckn with ya.

FUDU

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:00 pm

FUDU wrote:I was actually referring to your comments about Peyton Manning. Just fuckn with ya.

Ah, yeah, forgot about that, that's a valid burn.
Hikohadon

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:32 pm

[quote="jb"]
But NFW is he "the guy". What he does give you in the ability to bring The Guy around the right way. That's huge. [quote]

OR OR we could package one of our #1's and a 4th and try to get a young back-up QB(Like Kirk Cousins from Washington. They get a 4th back they spent on him with a profit of 2014 1st rounder) and perhaps we get 'The Guy' who is young but he already has a few years of growth and maturity under his belt to the point where he is ready to compete when the rest of the team is ready.

We could then relax and not be pressured to draft a 1st round QB. If we draft some 1st round young thundercat he won't be reaching his full potential as quickly as Back-up QB or said Cousins. As a 3rd Round guy he could sit and learn for awhile like ARodgers, as the offense grows around all of them. :group:
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8

Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:52 pm

Why the hell does everyone seem to think Kirk Cousins is a franchise QB? I don't get that.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:21 am

I'd be okay with Brock Osweiler, or Mallett too. I was just using Cap't Kirk, as he sits behind 'the (redskins) guy'
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8

Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Unread postby jb » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:40 am

If u explain the reference it's no longer reference worthy.

Reflect, yo.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:52 am

If you declare Brock Osweiler as a legit QB option you're no long oxygen worthy.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:58 am

Not sure if Cousins or Mallett or even Osweiler are any more exciting than Hoyer. One is New England's Weeden, and the other 2 were guys less interesting than Weeden in the draft.

At least we know Hoyer can beat out Weeden.

We could then relax and not be pressured to draft a 1st round QB. If we draft some 1st round young thundercat he won't be reaching his full potential as quickly as Back-up QB or said Cousins. As a 3rd Round guy he could sit and learn for awhile like ARodgers, as the offense grows around all of them.

Yeah, but the Thundercats have so much more potential I'm willing to wait. Cuz none of those guys you mentioned are Aaron Rodgers.
Last edited by Hikohadon on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hikohadon

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:05 am

Also, Captain Kirk references are no longer oxygen worthy.

Now if you'll excuse me I have some Miley twerking Youtubes to watch.....
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:15 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Also, Captain Kirk references are no longer oxygen worthy.

What is it's via 99 Luft Baloons?

In German?!

So only CDT recognizes?
jb

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:34 am

I turn on the radio and they are comparing Hoyer to Tom Brady, then I come here and we are trading a 1st rounder for Kirk Cousins (or someone slightly worse) and throwing a 4th rounder to sweeten the deal, just in case Washington was like "I'm not sure a 1st round draft pick is going to get it done for our backup QB there Spanky, what else ya got?"

And then over there you got JB making Nena references and e0y hating Star Trek for no apparent reason.

The only thing that hasn't happened is the only thing I was sure would happen...FUDU talking up Stratego.

All in the Brian Hoyer thread that SD made which, 2 years later, mirrors almost exactly the same thread he made about Colt McCoy. Before he turned on him a week and a half later.

This place, man.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby scrambler » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:55 am

motherscratcher wrote:I turn on the radio and they are comparing Hoyer to Tom Brady, then I come here and we are trading a 1st rounder for Kirk Cousins (or someone slightly worse) and throwing a 4th rounder to sweeten the deal, just in case Washington was like "I'm not sure a 1st round draft pick is going to get it done for our backup QB there Spanky, what else ya got?"

And then over there you got JB making Nena references and e0y hating Star Trek for no apparent reason.

The only thing that hasn't happened is the only thing I was sure would happen...FUDU talking up Stratego.

All in the Brian Hoyer thread that SD made which, 2 years later, mirrors almost exactly the same thread he made about Colt McCoy. Before he turned on him a week and a half later.

This place, man.

Quite frankly it's not even fare to compare HOyer to WEeden this year. Weeden has had zero opportunities this year to play with the only skilled skill position player the Browns have in Josh Gordon (although I think Cameron has also made it to that point). I'm not convinced that isn't the only difference between Hoyer and Weeden this year. Hoyer got to play with Gordon and Weeden didn't.
scrambler

Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:17 pm

scrambler wrote:
Quite frankly it's not even fare to compare HOyer to WEeden this year. Weeden has had zero opportunities this year to play with the only skilled skill position player the Browns have in Josh Gordon (although I think Cameron has also made it to that point). I'm not convinced that isn't the only difference between Hoyer and Weeden this year. Hoyer got to play with Gordon and Weeden didn't.

<----------- pulls up a chair
:pop:
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:26 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Also, Captain Kirk references are no longer oxygen worthy.

Now if you'll excuse me I have some Miley twerking Youtubes to watch.....

Heh...we know this is bullshit because you need to actually have an ass to twerk

So, you're either lying or watching her cuz you like her voice
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:27 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:
scrambler wrote:

<----------- pulls up a chair
:pop:

Personally, I'd like to see what Colt McCoy could have done with these weapons.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:52 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I turn on the radio and they are comparing Hoyer to Tom Brady, then I come here and we are trading a 1st rounder for Kirk Cousins (or someone slightly worse) and throwing a 4th rounder to sweeten the deal, just in case Washington was like "I'm not sure a 1st round draft pick is going to get it done for our backup QB there Spanky, what else ya got?"

This place, man.

SD:

Tell ya what , turn on the radio and listen to the Indians talk about winning the series , and soon as your head explodes it will save us all the 35 cents it cost for a bullet.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Next

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL