Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Breaking Bad - Season 4

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: Breaking Bad - Season 4

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Oh shit...
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:17 am

This might be the first time I've ever seen a show cut to credits in the MIDDLE of a gun fight.

Freakin' Brilliant. THAT'S what you call a cliffhanger.

Prediction: Next week's episode picks up with the bearded Walt. We find out what happened through dialogue and maybe a flashback. This show has proven it will zag when you're expecting it to zig.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby swerb » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:58 pm

justmebd wrote:Prediction: Next week's episode picks up with the bearded Walt. We find out what happened through dialogue and maybe a flashback. This show has proven it will zag when you're expecting it to zig.

That was my first thought as well. That next weeks episode starts with the flash forward they showed us to start the second half of the final season.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby justmebd » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:22 pm

swerb wrote:
justmebd wrote:Prediction: Next week's episode picks up with the bearded Walt. We find out what happened through dialogue and maybe a flashback. This show has proven it will zag when you're expecting it to zig.

That was my first thought as well. That next weeks episode starts with the flash forward they showed us to start the second half of the final season.

We're wrong. Two images released of this week's episode are clearly set in the "present."

I'm giddy for the show to jump to "Future Walt" though.

I need the Bart Scott "Can't Wait" Gif here, but I'm too tired to go get it.
justmebd

Unread postby StewieG » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:45 pm

I'm so, so excited for the next episode. The title alone gives me chills. I think there's a pretty big body count. I think Junior finally finds out. Everything Walt has been building, everything he's been working towards - his money, his family's future, his empire...it all comes crashing down. There's a pretty good chance that his entire family (including Hank and Marie) are dead by the end of this one.

Predictions:

Hank dies in the shootout. He got his happy ending, not matter how short-lived. He outsmarted the great Heisenberg, slapped the cuffs on him, and waved good-bye. I think this sends Marie into full-fledged insanity. I think she kills at least one, if not all, of Walt's immediate family. Probably by poison.

Still think Jesse dies, but not in the shootout. I think he gets away by slipping out of the car and running off or hiding, but I think the Nazis make him cook for them by threatening Andrea and Brock. The other possibility is that Jesse, finally realizing that Walt does truly think of him as family, somehow helps him escape but gets himself taken captive by the Nazis.

It's pretty clear now that the gun Walt gets is for Uncle Jack's crew. I think the Heisenberg persona dies in the next episode, and we're left with only Walter White from here on out. I think he's trying to rescue Jesse in the flash-forward. The ricin...still not sure on that, but it's probably for Lydia. Could still be for Jesse or Walt himself, but I'm leaning for Lydia. I think that was set up when he didn't kill her with it in 5A.

So with that said, my predictions for the shootout casualties:
Hank, Gomez, a couple of Nazi red-shirts, one of Uncle Jack, Todd, and Kenny (probably Kenny), and Heisenberg (but not Walter White).

Predictions for other casualties for this episode (not in the shootout):
Skylar, Walt Jr, Holly, Marie, Andrea, and Brock. Maybe Badger and Skinny Pete, too, though I'm not sure they're at all consequential to the story anymore.

Regardless, I fully expect this episode to be the explosion that the entire series has been building up to. I'll probably be an absolute wreck by the time this one's over.

I don't know if this will go down as the best TV show of all-time (it has some good competition), but it definitely has been a work of art.
StewieG

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:06 pm

Granted I haven't seen every great show (still haven't seen The Wire, for example), but that was the best episode of TV I've ever seen. Hank dies, Walt tells Jesse about Jane, Junior finds out about his dad, the knife fight, Walt takes Holly, and that phone call. My God, that phone call. Walt fighting with Heisenberg right there, and Walt wins. He takes the blame for everything, trying his best to make sure that his family doesn't take the fall.

I keep pacing around the room. I have no idea what to do with myself right now.
StewieG

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:43 pm

No words
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:48 am

I think this is one of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen. definitely lived up to the hype.

I don't know what was more heart-breaking, Holly crying for Skyler or Flynn realizing his dad had turned to the dark side.
justmebd

Unread postby Govbarney » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:27 am

I didn't even realize it until this morning after a nights sleep to digest last nights episode , but Walt's brutal ass chewing of Skylar was actually a great final act of kindness , it pretty much cleared Skylar of any wrong doing in the eyes of the feds , and made it sound like she was being forced to live that lifestyle. I am probably the last person to catch on to this, but still genius.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:04 am

Govbarney wrote:I didn't even realize it until this morning after a nights sleep to digest last nights episode , but Walt's brutal ass chewing of Skylar was actually a great final act of kindness , it pretty much cleared Skylar of any wrong doing in the eyes of the feds , and made it sound like she was being forced to live that lifestyle. I am probably the last person to catch on to this, but still genius.

Probably :nanner:
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Govbarney » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:40 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Govbarney wrote:I didn't even realize it until this morning after a nights sleep to digest last nights episode , but Walt's brutal ass chewing of Skylar was actually a great final act of kindness , it pretty much cleared Skylar of any wrong doing in the eyes of the feds , and made it sound like she was being forced to live that lifestyle. I am probably the last person to catch on to this, but still genius.

Probably :nanner:

Give me a break, between the Browns and the Tribe games I had allot to drink before 9pm... shit I hardly recall what happened in newsroom or Boardwalk.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby swerb » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:59 pm

Last night was a fucking masterpiece, start to finish.

I am in awe of this show. It just does not get any better than what we are watching right now.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:03 am

So you're saying I should start watching this show?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby justmebd » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:12 am

swerb wrote:Last night was a fucking masterpiece, start to finish.

I am in awe of this show. It just does not get any better than what we are watching right now.

The Sopranos long has been considered the standard to which all "great" cable shows are measured.

I think that spot has been usurped.

The Sopranos had a dip in quality its last two seasons and the last episode really was a total copout on David Chase's part.

Breaking Bad only has gotten better in its last two seasons, and I'm thinking the last episode won't be a cut to black with Journey in the background.
justmebd

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:08 am

justmebd wrote:
swerb wrote:Last night was a fucking masterpiece, start to finish.

The Sopranos long has been considered the standard to which all "great" cable shows are measured.

I think that spot has been usurped.

The Sopranos had a dip in quality its last two seasons and the last episode really was a total copout on David Chase's part.

Breaking Bad only has gotten better in its last two seasons, and I'm thinking the last episode won't be a cut to black with Journey in the background.

BB is now without a doubt up there with Sopranos, The Wire, et al for the top position all time. I think at this point the distinctions between those shows is preference and opinion.

But damn, there has NEVER been a show that has brought the thing in for a landing like this one. Never. It's absolutely incredible.

At this point I don't know what to think. But right now I'm thinking noone makes it out alive. None of them.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:09 am

Breaking Bad's final season is already better than the Sopranos. I personally still have The Wire at #1 and Breaking Bad at #2 (for overall series'; season 5 of The Wire was definitely the weakest of the series) but with two more episodes, anything can happen.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby StewieG » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:24 pm

Was Ozymandias the best hour of TV ever? I'm hesitant to make a claim so soon after the fact, but there were no fewer than five 10/10 moments in that episode: Hank's death scene, Walt telling Jesse about Jane, Junior finding out about his dad (RJ Mitte was great), the entire scene in the house before and after the knife fight, and that phone call. God, that phone call. Not a whole lot of actors could have pulled that one off, but Cranston crushed it.

Incidentally, it was not in the script for Holly to say "Ma ma ma". She was really wanting to go to her mother (who was apparently 3 feet away), and Cranston just rolled with it.
StewieG

Unread postby StewieG » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:24 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:So you're saying I should start watching this show?

Yes. Yes you should.
StewieG

Unread postby swerb » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:27 pm

Not counting a couple of the mind blowing (more visually) epsiodes of Band of Brothers and The Pacific, that was for my money the greatest hour in TV history. The episode was incredible.

Sopranos was super entertaining, but to me, there is no comparison between that and this from a writing/acting/plot development standpoint. Chess and checkers. Some seasons of The Wire would be up there with this for me.

So many of these great shows try to get too effing cute with the endings, Sopranos as the poster child.

They are ending BB the right way.

Gotta imagine Walt is gonna go after the other 70 mill? Try to abduct his family? End game can't be him on the run. He's going back on offense, right?

They had been laying the groundwork of a multiple personality order for a while now, and laid it right out on the fucking table last episode. I think we get the back and forth Walt to some kind of shocking, depressing, epic ending.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby justmebd » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:35 am

swerb wrote:Not counting a couple of the mind blowing (more visually) epsiodes of Band of Brothers and The Pacific, that was for my money the greatest hour in TV history. The episode was incredible.

Sopranos was super entertaining, but to me, there is no comparison between that and this from a writing/acting/plot development standpoint. Chess and checkers. Some seasons of The Wire would be up there with this for me.

So many of these great shows try to get too effing cute with the endings, Sopranos as the poster child.

They are ending BB the right way.

Gotta imagine Walt is gonna go after the other 70 mill? Try to abduct his family? End game can't be him on the run. He's going back on offense, right?

They had been laying the groundwork of a multiple personality order for a while now, and laid it right out on the fucking table last episode. I think we get the back and forth Walt to some kind of shocking, depressing, epic ending.

On that note, another great theory from Warming Glow.
http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/09/breaki ... eddy-bear/
justmebd

Unread postby mitch » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:53 pm

OK, so I finally dug up my last changed password, and can temporarily crawl out from the insanity that is my current life (not bad at all, just stupid busy from the start to finish of every day) to post something.

I'm still trying to get over this last episode...and still trying to find any single hour of TV that compares.

The only thing I can currently rank as CLOSE to this would be the Red Wedding from GoT.

That said...I'm making a call right now.

Skyler does not die.

Gilligan loves phucking around with the viewers, and from what I seen in his interviews and what I've read...I don't think he's happy with the treatment the fanbois have given Skyler. And I have to admit...I don't understand the pure hatred I see sent at her as well. Early on? Yeah...her character was a bit one-dimensional; but so was Hank. I don't necessarily like her either, but she's not anywhere near the monster that Walt is.

So while no one else is safe...bank on it that Skyler and Holly survive. Gilligan will do that to say "screw you" to the haters...and I just don't think he kills a baby (maybe he would...but if he had it in him, he would have done it last week).

I'll also give an educated guess that Walt Jr. makes it as well. My reason for that speculation was seeing how Walt collapsed and broke down after Hank was shot. I think if his son is killed, Walt would totally go catatonic, and if he even broke out of the stupor it would just be to kill himself (then again...perhaps that's his intention with the Big Assed Gun he's purchased in the flash forwards).
mitch

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Toothlessburger

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:04 pm

Good to have you back.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:20 am

I can finally end my self-imposed moratorium on the remaining episodes because I caught up with the most recent one last night. I seriously cannot recall a more gripping, emotional, and truly tragic hour of television ever produced than that one. Just submit that episode to the Emmy voters and start working on acceptance speeches now. Hell, even the baby nailed her scenes.

I cannot wait to see what Walt is coming back for now that we're nearly caught up to the flash-forward. Save Jesse? Get his money back? Try to win back his family? All of the above? With as much as he's lost and as far as he's fallen, a Pyrrhic victory is all he can hope to achieve at this point.
Adverb Harry

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo, Bud Selig

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:42 am

Alright. By sacrificing any chance at a full night's sleep I caught up on first half of this season. Left off at about 330am last night with disturbing image of Hank sitting on the shitter and going through the Walt Whitman book, having what appeared to a Eureka moment.

Just a fantastic show. Walt's cycle times are shortening in terms of giving a shit about anyone else, much less killing them, Mike was maybe the best character on TV ever, Jesse is far more mature than Walt at this point and as I head into Episode 9 I wonder whether Skyler kills Walt while Hank looks the other way or whether Hank or Jesse do it. Cancer seems a long shot with half a season left.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby StewieG » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:18 pm

Peek, the best is yet to come for you. The second half of season 5 is as good a stretch of TV as you may ever see. It's a sprint to the finish, and I simultaneously want and don't want it to get there.
StewieG

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Adverb Harry wrote:I can finally end my self-imposed moratorium on the remaining episodes because I caught up with the most recent one last night. I seriously cannot recall a more gripping, emotional, and truly tragic hour of television ever produced than that one. Just submit that episode to the Emmy voters and start working on acceptance speeches now. Hell, even the baby nailed her scenes.

I cannot wait to see what Walt is coming back for now that we're nearly caught up to the flash-forward. Save Jesse? Get his money back? Try to win back his family? All of the above? With as much as he's lost and as far as he's fallen, a Pyrrhic victory is all he can hope to achieve at this point.

Word is the baby scene was improvised. Seriously.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby justmebd » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:46 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Adverb Harry wrote:I can finally end my self-imposed moratorium on the remaining episodes because I caught up with the most recent one last night. I seriously cannot recall a more gripping, emotional, and truly tragic hour of television ever produced than that one. Just submit that episode to the Emmy voters and start working on acceptance speeches now. Hell, even the baby nailed her scenes.

Word is the baby scene was improvised. Seriously.

I read the camera was rolling and the baby saw her mother standing behind Cranston and just started doing what she did. Kudos to cast and crew for being Johnny-on-the-spot with capturing that.
justmebd

Unread postby swerb » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:15 pm

Rewatching that last episode, its clear I was wrong initially .... this is no multiple personality disorder. The knife battle, baby "mama" scene, and phone call with Skyler was the death of Heisenberg.

Any moves made by Walt these last 2 episodes will be done with his family in mind only. Phone call to Skyler was clearly done to get her off the hook, to put all the blame on him and to erase any thoughts of her being involved criminally.

Flash forward scene to start the last half of this season. Hank goes back for the ricin and has a full head of hair, which means cancer doesn't get him and it is well into the future. Ricin has to be for himself or Jesse, right?

IMO, most realistic scenario has Walt using that ricin on himself?

Cant wait to see how this finishes.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby bookelly » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:13 am

I think he uses the ricin to poison the Nazi's and free Jesse.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:24 am

The machine gun is for the nazis

The ricin is for Lydia
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby swerb » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:29 am

motherscratcher wrote:The machine gun is for the nazis

The ricin is for Lydia

Machine gun = Nazis to save Jesse, agree that is likely.
Ricin = Lydia, forgot about her. Or for himself after he sets his family up with the 10 mill he has and potentially the other 70 mill he will get back from the Nazis.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:17 am

swerb wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:The machine gun is for the nazis

The ricin is for Lydia

Machine gun = Nazis to save Jesse, agree that is likely.
Ricin = Lydia, forgot about her. Or for himself after he sets his family up with the 10 mill he has and potentially the other 70 mill he will get back from the Nazis.

Good theory from a friend of mine.

Jesse dies when he blows up the lab "Walter White Style"
justmebd

Unread postby mitch » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:41 am

AMC is running a Bad Marathon starting Wednesday.

Every.

Single.

Episode.

Time to clear out the crap from the DVR to give me the room that I need.
mitch

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:37 am

I don't see a happy ending where Walt knocks of the Nazi's and somehow gets the money to his family before dying. That would be too Hollywood. This thing is a dark tragedy.

My prediction is still that Walt is going to suffer a future life of misery or a hellishly painful death. If happily every after happens I will be shocked and most likely disappointed.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:54 am

Yes, Walt getting the money and leaving it for Skyler and family would be Walt winning. That's what he wanted from the beginning. I don't see Vince ending this thing with Mission Accomplished for Walt.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:45 pm

This show is incredible. I've been picturing a Robert Forster-esque look for the vacuum guy, and who shows up to ferry away Walt and Saul? Robert freaking Forster.
Adverb Harry

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:32 am

Adverb Harry wrote:This show is incredible. I've been picturing a Robert Forster-esque look for the vacuum guy, and who shows up to ferry away Walt and Saul? Robert freaking Forster.

Another nod to Tarantino. And yes, this show is incredible. This weeks penultimate episode was even better than last week. EVEN BETTER. Wow.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby StewieG » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:30 am

A few things from tonight's episode:

- Another very strong episode. I wouldn't call it better than last week's, but that's more praise towards last week's than a slight to this week's.
- Jesse is absolutely shattered. He finds out Jane could have easily lived, then has to watch as Andrea needlessly dies. Fucking Nazis, man.
- Some of the framing in this episode was great. Heisenberg's hat going back on Walt's head, a couple of different shots at the bar, and the last one, with the glass.
- Gretchen and Elliot make another appearance, accomplishing two things: first, the slight at Walt having nothing to do with Gray Matters but the name eating at his ego enough to bring out Heisenberg one final time. Second, he knows that Jesse has to be cooking with the Nazis, so he knows they didn't fulfil their end of the deal.
- It's been said in various places that last week was the true finale, this is just more of an epilogue. I tend to agree with that. Also, this episode can be viewed as one half of the finale, with the second half coming next week.
- We've (nearly) caught up to the flash-forwards. We're around 2 days behind.
- Finally, I thought it was great that they incorporated the full theme into the episode.
StewieG

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:04 am

StewieG wrote:A few things from tonight's episode:

- Another very strong episode. I wouldn't call it better than last week's, but that's more praise towards last week's than a slight to this week's.
- Jesse is absolutely shattered. He finds out Jane could have easily lived, then has to watch as Andrea needlessly dies. Fucking Nazis, man.
- Some of the framing in this episode was great. Heisenberg's hat going back on Walt's head, a couple of different shots at the bar, and the last one, with the glass.
- Gretchen and Elliot make another appearance, accomplishing two things: first, the slight at Walt having nothing to do with Gray Matters but the name eating at his ego enough to bring out Heisenberg one final time. Second, he knows that Jesse has to be cooking with the Nazis, so he knows they didn't fulfil their end of the deal.
- It's been said in various places that last week was the true finale, this is just more of an epilogue. I tend to agree with that. Also, this episode can be viewed as one half of the finale, with the second half coming next week.
- Finally, I thought it was great that they incorporated the full theme into the episode.

I was telling a few people that if last week's episode had been the Series finale, not one person would have complained (The caveat to that is there would not have been the "flash forward" scenes for obvious reasons).

Once Walt saw himself being discredited on TV, I just said to myself, "Oh shit, that was the WORST thing they could have said."

Agree on incorporating the entire theme into the final scene.

Robert Forster as the Cleaner was beyond awesome. I don't understand why he isn't used more in TV. Great actor with a great presence on screen.

I'm delaying my viewing of Boardwalk Empire this week and next week so I don't have to wait one extra minute to see these last two episodes. Unfortunately, due to scheduling problems, that means I won't see BE until Wednesday. It's an easy sacrifice to make at this point.
justmebd

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:11 am

justmebd wrote:
StewieG wrote:A few things from tonight's episode:

I was telling a few people that if last week's episode had been the Series finale, not one person would have complained (The caveat to that is there would not have been the "flash forward" scenes for obvious reasons).

I'd have complained.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:22 am

At least now we know that the ricin is almost definitely for Elliot and/or Gretchen.

And Todd? Scarier even than Uncle Jack. Tortures, murders, cooks and sets up international meth shipments.... all with a sweet temperament and nice smile on his face.

"Sorry, it's nothing personal lady."

My take on the finale: Walt going after Elliot/Gretchen with the ricin, going after the Nazi's for Jesse, and I'm guessing succeeding, Jesse and him having a screaming match/fistfight before Walt apologizes for everything, offers all his money to him, and let's Jesse kill him. The rest of the White family will live. Brock will live.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Govbarney » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:46 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote: And Todd? Scarier even than Uncle Jack. Tortures, murders, cooks and sets up international meth shipments.... all with a sweet temperament and nice smile on his face.

Todd is right up there with Ron Swanson , and Tyrion Lannister as one of favorite current TV characters.

Almost makes me want to go in finish watching Friday night lights (quit that show after the second season)
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:19 pm

Yeah, that ending...the return of Heisenberg, the cops swarming the bar, the shot of his glass, and that theme. That theme...what a perfect way to actually incorporate it into an episode. It truly felt epic...would have been right at home in a big-budget film.
Adverb Harry

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:05 am

Happy Breaking Bad Day everyone.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby swerb » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:38 pm

Fired UP

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:34 pm

swerb wrote:Fired UP

I'm pacing.

Got a nice bottle of Sam Adams Fat Jack ready to go.
justmebd

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:49 am

An absolutely flawless finale. A little more "quiet" than I expected, but that is in no way a criticism, merely an observation.

If the show was moving Walt to the afterlife, they did a brilliant job on all levels.

Holly metaphorically "killed" Heisenberg when she cried out for Skyler in the "Ozymandias" episode. Walt died in that cabin in New Hampshire, the retreat serving as his purgatory.

After four months in purgatory (per Vince Gilligan in one of the interviews) Walt emerges with a little life, but he clearly is a man who is beaten and ready to move on to his final resting place.

Every line at the beginning of the episode while giving the money to his friends to distribute via trust to Flynn was spoken with immense exhaustion, even the threat of needing a bigger knife sounded more passive aggressive than anything else. It was still pure awesome, though.

His confession to Skyler and his surrender to Jesse were the final acts of a man completely accepting of his fate, and I loved every minute of it.

Plus, Jesse choked the life out of Todd. High Five!!!
justmebd

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm trying to think of a better performance than Cranston's Walter White and I keep coming up empty. The whole run of the show, so many great moments, capped with his "I did it for me" confession to Skylar.

An all time perfomance.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:45 pm

I wonder if Walt went to Uncle Jack's with the intention of saving Jesse? I don't think he did. I think he saw the state Jesse was in and couldn't keep his long time affection for him from bubbling to the surface.

Walt... he's a softie.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby mitch » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Gilligan stated that Walt had full intentions of killing Jesse along with himself and all of the Nazis; but after seeing the condition that Jesse was in, changed his mind.

Unbelievable finish.

Best Scene: Walt's talk with Skyler

Favorite Scene: Jesse choking Todd (and snapping his neck for good measure).

Second Favorite Scene: Walt picking up Todd's phone to tell Lydia that her OCD ass was gonna die.
mitch

PreviousNext

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture