Text Size

College Sports Arena

SI Behind the Scenes at OSU

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

SI Behind the Scenes at OSU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:56 pm

A couple of take-aways....

1) I'll miss Tom Herman. Even if Furls doesn't like his calling of the watered down non-conference gamesplans.

2) Point #10 is awesome. And, shockingly OSU managed to run the read option a whole three times against Buffalo and still slowed down the backside DE... crazy how you don't have to run it with a QB 1,000x a game to have the read option be effective!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/colleg ... z2fwByL4Wr
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: SI Behind the Scenes at OSU

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:18 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:2) Point #10 is awesome. And, shockingly OSU managed to run the read option a whole three times against Buffalo and still slowed down the backside DE... crazy how you don't have to run it with a QB 1,000x a game to have the read option be effective!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/colleg ... z2fwByL4Wr

Good thing. Because when he dropped back to pass and was blind-sided, suffering that head/neck injury he never saw coming, well, it was scary for the entire fan base. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: SI Behind the Scenes at OSU

Unread postby furls » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:52 pm

Nice read. Thanks.

I love Herman. He is a superstar and he will not be at Ohio State long unfortunately. Even he admitted that they got too conservative in the second half of that Buffalo game. Fantastic stuff.

I thought the part about interrupting meetings to take calls from recruits and coaches was pretty interesting too. I should've suspected that, but I never would have really envisioned it.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to College Sports Arena