Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

T-Rich to the Colts

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: T-Rich to the Colts

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Well, I clearly remember some guys being edging thrilled with ging up to get TRich ( THEY WANTED HIM!!!!) and Weeds. So I'm just gonna sit back and watch for a few days. And enjoy the back pedaling and rationalization.

Go at it, boys!

Enjoy!!!

Sometimes people are wrong. Sometimes people change their minds. Who gives a fuck?

Ha! Not me.

I only had to hear shit for a year about it. Hear about draft profiles and other such horseshit. From people who wanna make cracks about draft profiles and other such inane crap.

Love getting 'the guy they wanted and moved up for' an the gunslinger.

No idea why anyone would give a fuck. No idea why anyone would feel like saying," Hey, where are the fucking dipshits who loved those moves?"

But I digress.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:54 pm

HoodooMan wrote:Also, I don't know what team you guys have been watching, but I don't hear of T-Rich's departure and think, "Oh noez, how are we going to score points NOW?!?!"

I don't think this is a tank move. I think it's more like switching to Timmuh in '99 after getting blasted in the opening game--an acceptance of what we are, and going from there. We were already going to be bad enough to be in position for one of Bridgewater, Mariota, Hundley, or Boyd. We just sold high on a dud from the last regime to get our next QB someone worth throwing to.

I believe they are purposely tanking, but if one wants to translate it as "we realize that we're not going to contend for a SB this year and we feel that a 1st round pick has much more long-term value than a very replaceable Trent Richardson even if it hurts the team somewhat in the present although we want to make sure you know that we most certainly are NOT tanking", then that's fine too.

Richardson was nothing special, but he's def better than Ogbannaya, Bobby Street FA Rainey, and Peg Leg MacGahee. Giving up on 2013... tanking... semantics.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:55 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Not that I've watched the Borwns yet this year, but when RBs get traded for first round picks their "name" still has value.

Sure, and no doubt the Colts figure they can resurrect him.

But as far as what he's actually shown on the field? He's been William Green. Before WG kind of figured it out prior to his injury/stabbing thing.

I like our chances of coming out looking good on this one. I think the Colts pulled a Raiders/Palmer panic deal, and we got out from under a slow, meh RB with bad knees who peaked in his Soph year at Bama.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:56 pm

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl 12m
Some execs feel that if Banner could trade WR Josh Gordon, he'll do it by the trading deadline of 10/29.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:56 pm

HoodooMan wrote:1. Wow.

2. As good as he's looked in 1.125 seasons, I think we fleeced 'em.

This isn't a crazy take, even though Indy won 11 games last year and reasonable logic would suggest they're going back to the post season again this year.

But yeah, we might have done good considering the more the NFL sees of TRich and our O his value could drop quicker than a ball out of Greg Little's hands.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:57 pm

Any news on Jimmay giving the season ticket holders a "Rebate" in light of this clear tanking initiative? If so, is it a manual rebate???

Very clear that "this isn't a 3 year plan" talk was BS. At least the FO realized what many already knew months ago about the holes in the roster and that this team wasn't going to compete.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby scott » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:58 pm

Dupe
Last edited by scott on Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby scott » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:59 pm

Hikohadon wrote:Heard MacGahee is taking physical to become the new starting RB. Funny thing is he might be every bit as effective. For free.

Funny, just before I came here I responded to a friend's email and said that T-Rich is an average RB that gets what the defense gives him and nothing more. Similar to McGahee last season.

I'm all for the move. He was allegedly hurt all last year but showed nothing these 2 games when healthy and motivated. He is nothing special. Weeden has been getting tons of heat and T-Rich deserves just as much.

He will improve the Colts because they are so bad.
scott

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:59 pm

Besides wasn't Little a RB.

Hoyer at QB
Little at RB

Two game win streak blows this whole tank plan to pieces.

FUDU

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:59 pm

FUDU wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:1. Wow.

2. As good as he's looked in 1.125 seasons, I think we fleeced 'em.

This isn't a crazy take, even though Indy won 11 games last year and reasonable logic would suggest they're going back to the post season again this year.

But yeah, we might have done good considering the more the NFL sees of TRich and our O his value could drop quicker than a ball out of Greg Little's hands.

As they're playing at angry San Fran this week, they're on their way to 1-2. Not impossible they finish far from the playoffs.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jjgmyers » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:01 pm

Because literally only someone that doesn't watch college football would be dumb enough to say Marriota is the top QB in the draft. He's at the very best the third and Scouts, fans and well everyone else agrees.

Oregon redshirt sophomore Marcus Mariota is now listed as NFL Network draft analyst Buck Brooks' No. 1 QB.
Mariota moved up from No. 2. "It's time to give Mariota his props as one of college football's top players," Brooks writes. "He is a stat-stuffing machine with the ability to put up ridiculous numbers as a dual-threat playmaker." Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel moved up to No. 2, Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater dropped to No. 3, UCLA's Brett Hundley moved from No. 7 to No. 4, and Clemson's Tajh Boyd dropped one spot to No. 5.
Source: NFL.com Sep 18 - 2:49 PM
jjgmyers
I Heart Fat Chicks

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:03 pm

lol, if you can quote Bucky Brooks can I quote a bleacher report article? Seriously, just stop people. Just stop, stop, stop.

Christ.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:04 pm

HoodooMan wrote:Also, I don't know what team you guys have been watching, but I don't hear of T-Rich's departure and think, "Oh noez, how are we going to score points NOW?!?!"

I don't think this is a tank move. I think it's more like switching to Timmuh in '99 after getting blasted in the opening game--an acceptance of what we are, and going from there. We were already going to be bad enough to be in position for one of Bridgewater, Mariota, Hundley, or Boyd. We just sold high on a dud from the last regime to get our next QB someone worth throwing to.

It's not a tank move as much as a "we no longer give a shit who knows we are tanking" move. They are turning a replaceable asset into a draft pick in the unthinkable event that the defense is accidentally good enough from keeping them from either Ted or Tahj. More bullets and all that.

They will probably get there by themselves but it never hurts to hedge, especially with the most Interchangable position on the field.

I'm beside myself that they got a first.

Does this mean I don't think they won't somehow fuck it up?...no. No it does not.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

It's not a tank move as much as a "we no longer give a shit who knows we are tanking" move. They are turning a replaceable asset into a draft pick in the unthinkable event that the defense is accidentally good enough from keeping them from either Ted or Tahj. More bullets and all that.

They will probably get there by themselves but it never hurts to hedge, especially with the most Interchangable position on the field.

Does this mean I don't think they won't somehow fuck it up?...no. No it does not.
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:05 pm

mother for the Hat Trick
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:21 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Well, I clearly remember some guys being edging thrilled with ging up to get TRich ( THEY WANTED HIM!!!!) and Weeds. So I'm just gonna sit back and watch for a few days. And enjoy the back pedaling and rationalization.

Go at it, boys!

Enjoy!!!

Sometimes people are wrong. Sometimes people change their minds. Who gives a fuck?

Ha! Not me.

I only had to hear shit for a year about it. Hear about draft profiles and other such horseshit. From people who wanna make cracks about draft profiles and other such inane crap.

No idea why anyone would give a fuck. No idea why anyone would feel like saying," Hey, where are the fucking dipshits who loved those moves?"

But I digress.

What's funny is that this one is like a year old.

Sorry I forgot the glasses, I guess I didn't take the time to be thorough back in '12.

FTR - I told you many times that you might very well be right in your assessment, my issue with your takes was how much of a bitch you sounded like.

Fortunately your "I told you so" take from tonight shows you have moved beyond your previously whiny ways.
Last edited by Hikohadon on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hikohadon

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:21 pm

FUDU wrote:This isn't a crazy take, even though Indy won 11 games last year and reasonable logic would suggest they're going back to the post season again this year.

They won 11 games last year while being outscored by 30 pts on the year. (Dan Gilbert says that's a -30 DIFF)

I aint afraid a no Colts.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:46 pm

jjgmyers wrote:

Oregon redshirt sophomore Marcus Mariota is now listed as NFL Network draft analyst Buck Brooks' No. 1 QB.
Mariota moved up from No. 2. "It's time to give Mariota his props as one of college football's top players," Brooks writes. "He is a stat-stuffing machine with the ability to put up ridiculous numbers as a dual-threat playmaker." Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel moved up to No. 2, Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater dropped to No. 3, UCLA's Brett Hundley moved from No. 7 to No. 4, and Clemson's Tajh Boyd dropped one spot to No. 5.

I'm not sure who Buck Brooks is, but I am sure he is an enormous asshole. What an awful draft board.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:mother for the Hat Trick

Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:47 pm

The Bengals got a 1st and a 2nd for Carson Palmer, who was retired at the time.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:48 pm

First, anyone else having a helluva time getting on this site the last hour?

Second, OK fine boo hoo man, but the conventional wisdom still had the Colts improving/doing well this year. A WC choice by many. I'm actually more with you though, that this just might be a steal.

FUDU

Unread postby scott » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:49 pm

scrambler wrote:I'm not sure how good the Colts are. This is a team that had to come from behind to beat the Terelle Pryor Raiders in his first NFL start then lost to the same Dolphins team at home that the Browns lost to also. They are not far from losing two straight at home to start the season. I think this is a potential top 10 pick and at worst 15.

I agree. Everything went right for them last year. Luck is really good. Still due for a step back.
scott

Unread postby scott » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:50 pm

FUDU wrote:First, anyone else having a helluva time getting on this site the last hour?

Si, si Pedro.
scott

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
jjgmyers wrote:

I'm not sure who Buck Brooks is, but I am sure he is an enormous asshole. What an awful draft board.

lol
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Kingpin74 wrote:The Bengals got a 1st and a 2nd for Carson Palmer, who was retired at the time.

That was with Al Davis. That hardly counts.
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby scrambler » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:00 pm

considering I was actually wrong about Ubaldo Jimenez ever being able to pitch major league baseball with any effectiveness, it may be I could be right about one thing as well. (or not). I really think the Colts win no more than 6 or 7 this year and this is a top 10 or top 15 pick. Richardson didn't look as good as Peyton Hillis did one year with the team...I like the trade ok I think. Hell, he didn't look as good as Jerome Harrison did one or two years with the team. dive, dive
scrambler

Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:02 pm

FUDU wrote:First, anyone else having a helluva time getting on this site the last hour?

Second, OK fine boo hoo man, but the conventional wisdom still had the Colts improving/doing well this year. A WC choice by many. I'm actually more with you though, that this just might be a steal.

Actually, conventional wisdom saw the Colts as regressing from the very typical improvement attributed to the last place schedule they had in 2012. You could find a Vegas over under total as low as 8. That team has little defense and an awful offensive line. Of the 3 things that matter in the league, they got one of em'. Albeit the most important, but also only in his second year.

Playing the schedule they have this year, with no way to get to the QB, and no way to protect their own.....that ain't makin' the playoffs in this day and age.

And, by the way, as awful as their O line is, the Browns could hit the jackpot if Luck gets hurt for a stretch. From what I've seen so far this year, he's got a pretty good chance of missing some games.

What a dumb ass first round. A dumb QB and a running back.

Christ.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jb » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:15 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Go at it, boys!

Enjoy!!!

Ha! Not me.

But I digress.

Good Lord, get a room with Soul Dawg & grudge on. Just remember that every voodoo doll of me u buy on line a cut goes to me.

Turns out that Weeds blows, TRich is average. You win. Huzzah & hosannah to the highest. you hit a few draft dork web sites & regurgitated enough of it when slow at work and you're now all mad for being right? Christ you act like you actually scouted or did something that was your original work & slapped some poseur articles out of it like it was ur work. Glossed yourself a. "Draft expert" before you got ur balls busted & then edited the headline. Regardless of the outcome it was goofy and beneath you cause I know you & that aint you. You're just one of us with a take or two.

when you're a Browns fan and you try to be optimistic you get it broken off. Onto the next one. Maybe Ill learn.

Sincerely the dipshit that believed enough to love the moves.

I was wrong.
I was wrong.
I was wrong.

That enough pounds or you want more?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:26 pm

It sucks that we traded up to take TRich at #3 and then turned that into a mid 1st rounder. But right now, on Sept 18 2013, to get a first rounder for a RB, TR, for ANY RB is a good trade.

RB is the most interchangeable position on the field. ANd when you are in the market for a franchise QB, with an upcoming draft that has a potential couple of them, you have to make sure your gun is loaded going into that.
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Lots of guns loaded tonight.

You're right. But I am also right in saying they will turn it into a "monkey fucking a doorknob" type situation.

Clowney will run a 4 flat and bench press a Buick and every asshat drafthole will cream their pants and say he's the next coming of Yahweh.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby jb » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:32 pm

FUDU wrote:Then take one early and one mid draft.

Yep. And with this bunch that means we'll give Norv Shuler & Ferotte.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby The Score » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:03 pm

When was the last time any RB was traded for a 1st round pick?
The Score

Unread postby Toxicadam » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:06 pm

I like Richardson, but he's not the second coming of Adrian Petersen.

He's just a guy that was going to waste the prime years of his career in Cleveland while they rebuild (again). Until he either gets injured or became so run down that he's not worth shit anymore.

At least the FO were level-headed enough to make that same determination. Now they just have to draft well. But judging by the last draft, I'm not very optimistic.
Toxicadam

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:40 pm

They should just draw the blinds shut and say come back in 2014. Anybody think we can end up with Clowney at #1 and trade up into the top 5 and end up with a QB?
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8

Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Unread postby justmebd » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:46 pm

I was in a car with the Diagio Salesman on my way to Niles to drink free Don Julio Tequila when I heard this (yes, I'm bragging, Fuck you!!)

It took me less than a second to start laughing and applauding. I was on the fence before this move on whether or not this FO was committed to tanking. Now I'm 100% sure this FO wants the team to go 0-16.

Either we have ammo to trade up, or we have more picks to work with next year.

I'm fine with it since I've devalued the RB position and believe we fleeced the Colts.

Whether or not we actually utilize the picks properly is another thread.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:10 pm

This tank gives us two chances to get us a franchise QB.
1) We'll suck so bad we'll be in the top 2 or 3 of the draft, or
2) We'll be in a better position to trade into the top 2 spots if we aren't already there.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:17 pm

kman_holla8 wrote:They should just draw the blinds shut and say come back in 2014

Wasn't this already the case before the trade?
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:29 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:This really is the most Borwns situation ever.

Just say to yourself, last year the Browns traded up one spot to #3 overall to draft T-Rich and then the next year he went for a 1st round pick in the 20s.

So we traded
1) A 1st rounder (the 4th pick)
2) A 4th rounder (No. 118)
3) A fifth rounder (139)
4) A seventh rounder (211)

for

1) A 1st round pick in the 20s.

Only in Cleveland.

Picks in the 20s: Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:36 pm

Dang. If we could only have a mulligan on the 2012 draft.
OldDawg

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:41 pm

OldDawg wrote:Dang. If we could only have a mulligan on the 2012 draft.

Can we throw in the 2009 draft while we're at it?
Hikohadon

Unread postby Pabo » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:49 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

And all the other ones?
Bottom 4th: Cleveland
- J. Kipnis grounded out to shortstop
- A. Cabrera doubled to deep left
- N. Swisher doubled to center, A. Cabrera scored
- J. Giambi doubled to deep right center, N. Swisher to third, N. Swisher out at home
- J. Giambi caught stealing, catcher to third

1 run, 3 hits, 0 errors
Pabo

Favorite Player: Jason Giambi
Least Favorite Player: Joe Haden

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:50 pm

Richardson, Blackmon, or Claiborne?

We did well to luck into the guy who just netted us a 1st rounder.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:23 am

HoodooMan wrote:

Richardson, Blackmon, or Claiborne?

We did well to luck into the guy who just netted us a 1st rounder.

This is a good point
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby kman_holla8 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:50 am

motherscratcher wrote:
kman_holla8 wrote:They should just draw the blinds shut and say come back in 2014

Wasn't this already the case before the trade?

After stockpiling picks at the draft, yes but now after the Boyer announcement undoubtably so. In continuing the trend to improve the fan exprience at the next home game :bag:
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug" - Originated from a famous skit in Dave Chappelle's "Chappelle's Show". The skit would portray Rick James, usually high on cocaine, preforming doing crazy and stupid things, such as smacking Charlie Murphy in the face. Rick James would frequently explain away his actions by saying "Cocaine is a hell of a drug".
kman_holla8

Favorite Player: Swish
Least Favorite Player: Fair Weather Fans

Unread postby idoctribefan » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:10 am

So are we supposed to cheer for the Browns these last 7 home games? Or does management want us to cheer for the visiting team? Because Wednesday's roster activity makes me feel like the FO wants us to hope the Browns lose..........because 0-16 is quite clearly the goal.

Maybe they'll play the pump-up music and turn on the smoke machine when the Bengals come out next Sunday. Play the "Who dey say gon' beat them Bengals" jingle. PA Announcer shouts "FIRST DOWN BENGALS!" every time Gio Bernard and The Law Firm move the sticks.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby Spin » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:11 am

I was never excited about Richardson. He never averaged 4 yards per carry, missed a lot of time. He's not a top 20 back. This offseason they're focusing on the offense. TRich isn't the back they need for their system. A LOT of these guys won't be here next year. I hope Little and Ogbonnaya are next, I'll drive them to the airport.

Browns fans are so hungry they're grasping at straws. Lets look at the last two players Browns fans were infatuated with. Peyton Hillis and Josh Cribbs. Where are they now? Hillis is 4th string on the worst team in the NFL, and Cribbs is out of the league. Whatever you do, DON'T buy a jersey with a player's name on it until we have a decent team!!! Just send me the money instead.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:29 am

Spin wrote: Peyton Hillis and Josh Cribbs. Where are they now? Hillis is 4th string on the worst team in the NFL, and Cribbs is out of the league. .

There's quite a big difference between the two.

I could tell that Cribbs time as a home run hitting kick returner was over about 2 years a go. I was sad to see him go, but at the same time realized his time was up.

But, he built up quite a resume before getting to that point. 8 kickoff returns for touchdowns (tied for most of all time), 3 Pro Bowls, 2 All-Pro teams, and was named to the 2000's all-decade team. Hell, you could probably pencil him as the KR to Metcalf's PR on the All-Time Browns team now. He'd be literally one of the only post-1999 players you could do that with.

Plus that 09 Steelers in which he literally carried the team on his back to try to get a win made him a bit of a folk hero.

Not to mention that he attended (and still gives back) to a local university that happens to be home to a pretty huge alumni base that overlaps with the Browns fanbase.

His legacy is pretty well off, and he seems like he didn't really burn any bridges with the fanbase to boot.

All in all, I can walk downtown in his jersey, and it won't be met with any sort of negative reactions for it.

Cannot say the same about Hillis.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby justmebd » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:54 am

Hikohadon wrote:

Couldn't agree more. JFC what a waste of a year. I'm not even talking about the crap we did draft who no longer are one the team.

The ManKock didn't just pass up Clay Matthews once, the assholes did it TWICE -- with a smile on their face!!

"We're going to play better, smarter football," said Mangini.

:pb: :pb: :fu: Is all I have to say about Mangini.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:27 am

Best move this organization has made in a long time.

Ask yourself this - - yesterday morning, did you think we could get a first round pick for Richardson?

RB is the most disposable position in the league and Indy is a middle of the pack team. I love the trade. (PS - A. Boldin netted a whopping 7th rounder this off-season.)

Next question - would they consider moving Joe Thomas to DEN for a boatload of picks?
JacksonDysonJackson

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL