Text Size

College Sports Arena

Starting Kenny Guyton

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Starting Kenny Guyton

Unread postby jb » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:41 am

With the offense really clicking it make a lot of sense to keep Guyton as starter for the rest of the season over Miller. He's a better passer. They could have a Leak/Tebow situation.

Would Miller be a good fit in the slot role and rotate Hyde and the frosh at RB to raise the speed to Orygun level?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Starting Kenny Guyton

Unread postby pup » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:11 am

jb wrote:With the offense really clicking it make a lot of sense to keep Guyton as starter for the rest of the season over Miller. He's a better passer. They could have a Leak/Tebow situation.

Would Miller be a good fit in the slot role and rotate Hyde and the frosh at RB to raise the speed to Orygun level?

Stop.

STop.

STOp.

STOP.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:14 am

jb wrote:With the offense really clicking it make a lot of sense to keep Guyton as starter for the rest of the season over Miller. He's a better passer. They could have a Leak/Tebow situation.

Trying to figure out whether to phrase it, "Bored, troll?" ; or

Board Troll.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:23 am

The surrounding players are playing better against better teams than buffalo. I'd rather have Guyton on the field than Hyde. You'd had the D off balance with option passes. Itd be just the sort of thing a Meyer could pull off.
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:25 am

peeker643 wrote:

Trying to figure out whether to phrase it, "Bored, troll?" ; or

Board Troll.

jb

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:42 am

I know one thing Kenny G might have got himself a job in he NFL or might if he gets to play another game or two.

No real sense in having them both on the field just b/c of the pounding one of them would take, IMO.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm at work using what's probably the very first version of 2001 Windows XP so I can't see your creativity ;-)

But I'll go with Braxton all day, all season. I think they'll be fine. Even better than Chris Leake/Tim Tebow can't throw fine.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Years of actually caring about the Browns has the same effect of a decade of alternating meth and heroin on the human brain.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:44 pm

I can't tell if this is a real post or if he spelled everything wrong on purpose to show us he was kidding?
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby furls » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:54 pm

I have no idea if this is a serious post or not.

If it is a serious post then I think it falls along the lines of is scUM better with Denard or Devin, I would say the latter. I am not sure that the distinction is the same in this case as Miller is not nearly as inept throwing the ball as Robinson. That said, it has been nice watching most slants and screens get thrown accurately the last couple of weeks.

I think Guiton is the better distributor, but Braxton is still the better player.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby jb » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:02 pm

furls wrote:I think Guiton is the better distributor, but Braxton is still the better player.

See, not as stupid is it sounds on paper, and boy does it sound stupid.

But I starts thinking to myself and say, "Self, Kenny Guyon is throwing a better ball and making those around him better. But Braxson Millner is more explosive. With all Myers has going on, why limit? Especially when Hyde is slow."

the O is humming with Guyson. Miilner without wearing a constant bullseye freed from decision making could be that much more dangerous.

Speed kills. deception seduces so speed can kill. Kind of like what Gillian did on Boardwalk Empire with the kid that looked like Jimmy. One is the heroin and the other is the drowning.

This thought is so stupid, it's brilliant.

Reflect, yo.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:10 pm

Yep, the O is humming against those epic SDSU and Cal D's.

And the whole 1+ quarters Brax was 100% this season was very telling in terms of where he is as a passer. He started cramping in the 2nd quarter of the Buffalo game. Meyer even called it out as changing the game afterward.

We certainly know exactly how good the O is going to play with Brax this year and what kind of a passer he is now. That's been answered. And we certainly can afford to throw away one of the five best weapons in CFB because the offense looks prettier with Kenny G running the option.

JB = SD of CFB
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:15 pm

PS: Guiton gets his ass kicked last year by Michigan State and easily loses the Wisky game. Probably also drops a game to scUM.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:19 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
JB = SD of CFB

jb

Unread postby jclvd_23 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:13 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Yep, the O is humming against those epic SDSU and Cal D's.

And the whole 1+ quarters Brax was 100% this season was very telling in terms of where he is as a passer. He started cramping in the 2nd quarter of the Buffalo game. Meyer even called it out as changing the game afterward.

We certainly know exactly how good the O is going to play with Brax this year and what kind of a passer he is now. That's been answered. And we certainly can afford to throw away one of the five best weapons in CFB because the offense looks prettier with Kenny G running the option.

Agreed with this....there's no telling how much better Braxton's passing has improved, as we haven't seen enough of him this year. The offense came out really quick against Buffalo in that first quarter, and I was impressed with the way he stood in the pocket and delivered the ball down the seam to the TE against SDSU.

It's Braxton's second year under Herman/Urban and really only his second year of actual qb coaching. I'd like to see what he can do at full strength before annointing KG as anything but the tremendous backup that he is.
jclvd_23

Favorite Player: Jack Tatum
Least Favorite Player: Pittsburgh/UM/UF Fan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:35 am

Did you jump off the ledge tonight when Taj only put up 26 on NC State JB? Or are other teams allowed to have meh games?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Return to College Sports Arena