Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

No game thread? Game thread.

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: No game thread? Game thread.

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:14 pm

I have one thing to say.

If you're legitly opining for RYAN TANNEHILL to start for this team?

Stick your dick in a woodchipper and shut up.

I can buy whining about RG3, Luck or any number of guys. But begging for the AFC East's 3rd best QB is beyond stupid.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:31 pm

Triple-S wrote:I have one thing to say.

I can buy whining about RG3, Luck or any number of guys. But begging for the AFC East's 3rd best QB is beyond stupid.

Tannehill is younger, more athletic, and a fuck of a lot better than Weeden. Dude might shit the bed, but dude also has potential.

You say he's the 3rd best QB in the AFC East. I say the vote is not yet in on EJ Manuel and the other guy you're talking about is in the convo for greastest QB to ever live so...yeah. Think I'll keep my dick out of the woodchipper for the time being
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:33 pm

Ryan Tannehill is not old.

I don't know for sure that Ryan Tannehill is dumb as a stump.

Ryan Tannehill is athletic.

I'm not opining for Ryan Tannehill. But if the guys we saw today were the only two QB's on GGE, I'd be on my knees begging for Ryan Tannehill.

A 3 out of 10 chance of becoming good is better than a one in ten chance.

And, running back is so insignificant that if you feel like I do - that Weeden Stinks, and Tanneyhill ain't great shakes, but is slightly intriguing, trading Weeden and Richardson for Tanneyhill would at least give you a CHANCE to be good.

Sure, you probably blow either way, but if you're turning on that TV on Sundays and watching Weeden lead the charge, it's almost a GD guarantee.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:35 pm

leadpipe wrote:

Ryan Tannehill is not old.

I don't know for sure that Ryan Tannehill is dumb as a stump.

Ryan Tannehill is athletic.

I'm not opining for Ryan Tannehill. But if the guys we saw today were the only two QB's on GGE, I'd be on my knees begging for Ryan Tannehill.

A 3 out of 10 chance of becoming good is better than a one in ten chance.

And, running back is so insignificant that if you feel like I do - that Weeden Stinks, and Tanneyhill ain't great shakes, but is slightly intriguing, trading Weeden and Richardson for Tanneyhill would at least give you a CHANCE to be good.

Sure, you probably blow either way, but if you're turning on that TV on Sundays and watching Weeden lead the charge, it's almost a GD guarantee.

Yup.

Also, Instead of Weeden and TR the Browns could be looking at Tannehill and Martin. Without having to trade up to get it.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby fairvis » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:44 pm

Would it kill this team to ever do a three-step drop and rip? Then again, Weeden's release is so goddamn slow that it would takes as much time as a 7-step drop.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:51 pm

leadpipe wrote:Sure, you probably blow either way, but if you're turning on that TV on Sundays and watching Weeden lead the charge, it's almost a GD guarantee.

I don't want either.

This team doesn't need mediocre. It needs someone who can without a doubt carry the team on it's back and be "elite"

Tannehill isn't elite. If you have Tannehill under center with this roster, the results are going to be the same. Sure, you could argue with me that maybe they'll get another touchdown, and I buy that. But at the end of the day? Same result.

Also, with all due respect to Martin who is a fine back, and one of the best in the league, but who the hell was playing fullback today? No One? It's nice to fantasize about having the guy on the roster, but you're not doing shit as a runningback with no run block.

Bottomline, they need elite. They need Rodgers, Brees, Brady, (either one) Manning, That guy who plays in Pittsburgh.

Or at least someone with the potential to be in that category. RG3, Cam, Kaepernick, Wilson or Luck.

Don't screw around with knockoffs or imitations. Draft the real thing. I don't care if they have to give up FIVE NUMBER ONES to draft him. Get it done, and we can end this conversation for a long time.
Last edited by Triple-S on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Weeden: No instincts at all behind the line. Only slightly better touch on his throws than DA and .. . ah fuck it. Who cares?

I think this coaching staff is better prepared, it's just the players aren't any better.

And as I type this, my wife is flipping channels and pauses briefly on "Titanic."

How appropriate.

(We both busted out laughing watching Jack die, again. Gotta be the funniest scene in the movie. He's such a TERRIBLE actor. Why do so many good directors like him? It's like trying to figure out why Banner thought giving Weeden "one more season" would be the best course of action.)
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:56 pm

Triple-S wrote:
leadpipe wrote:Sure, you probably blow either way, but if you're turning on that TV on Sundays and watching Weeden lead the charge, it's almost a GD guarantee.

I don't want either.

This team doesn't need mediocre. It needs someone who can without a doubt carry the team on it's back and be "elite"

Tannehill isn't elite. If you have Tannehill under center with this roster, the results are going to be the same. Sure, you could argue with me that maybe they'll get another touchdown, and I buy that. But at the end of the day? Same result.

Also, with all due respect to Martin who is a fine back, and one of the best in the league, but who the hell was playing fullback today? No One? It's nice to fantasize about having the guy on the roster, but you're not doing shit as a runningback with no run block.

Bottomline, they need elite. They need Rodgers, Brees, Brady, (either one) Manning, That guy who plays in Pittsburgh.

Or at least someone with the potential to be in that category. RG3, Cam, Kaepernick, Wilson or Luck.

Don't screw around with knockoffs or imitations. Draft the real thing. I don't care if they have to give up FIVE NUMBER ONES to draft him. Get it done, and we can end this conversation for a long time.

You misunderstand me. I'm not saying TR is bad. I like TR. But, he is interchangable with Martin. And in 2013 neiher of them is going to be the straw that stirs the drink.

The point is the Browns would be much better off with Tannehill at this point.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:58 pm

justmebd wrote:Weeden: No instincts at all behind the line. Only slightly better touch on his throws than DA and .. . ah fuck it. Who cares?

I think this coaching staff is better prepared, it's just the players aren't any better.

And as I type this, my wife is flipping channels and pauses briefly on "Titanic."

How appropriate.

(We both busted out laughing watching Jack die, again. Gotta be the funniest scene in the movie. He's such a TERRIBLE actor. Why do so many good directors like him? It's like trying to figure out why Banner thought giving Weeden "one more season" would be the best course of action.)

Debatable on Weeden vs DAs touch. Weeden is DADeux.

And Dicaprio is a great actor.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby justmebd » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:04 pm

motherscratcher wrote:And Dicaprio is a great actor.

You obviously never watched "Gangs of New York." Watching scenes with Dicrapio and Daniel Day-Lewis was like watching Brandon Weeden vs. Tom Brady. (See how I tied that back to football?)

:)
justmebd

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:09 pm

justmebd wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:And Dicaprio is a great actor.

You obviously never watched "Gangs of New York." Watching scenes with Dicrapio and Daniel Day-Lewis was like watching Brandon Weeden vs. Tom Brady. (See how I tied that back to football?)

:)

Great, so now we're comparing every actor to Daniel Day Fucking Lewis to decide who's good?

That Mozart cat was OK, but he was no Beethoven.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Daniel Day Fucking Lewis

That's a hard name to decide where to put "fucking".

You handled it well.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:23 pm

These opening days are scripted at this point, they have to be. SSDD. Boring as fuck, a couple plays early on O that get you thinking what if, then same old same old in which we're hanging around or leading at half b/c the opponent is just that rusty from pre-season. Then low and behold, the 3Q stats come out showing us "dominating" the numbers but with nothing to show for it. As the scoreboard ultimately shows at the end of the 4Q. With completely meh performances from all the key "playas".

No shame in being emotional after week 1 of year 15. Get a REAL QB with a line that fits the team make up and go to battle. Otherwise wake me up when it's noticeably different.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby trsteve1 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:23 pm

I'm sure this has been said.. but in a close game (as this was) why 53 passes to 13 runs?

Specifically, why give Weeden 53 times to screw the pooch? We already know he is proficient in pooch screwing.. don't need 53 times to hammer it into our head.. we don't know if (a healthy) T-Rich is any good though, let's find out.. number 3 pick after all..
Le sigh
trsteve1

Favorite Player: Nolan Ryan
Least Favorite Player: Troy Aikman

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:28 pm

trsteve1 wrote:I'm sure this has been said.. but in a close game (as this was) why 53 passes to 13 runs?

Specifically, why give Weeden 53 times to screw the pooch? We already know he is proficient in pooch screwing.. don't need 53 times to hammer it into our head.. we don't know if (a healthy) T-Rich is any good though, let's find out.. number 3 pick after all..

An optimist might say that 53 passes with only 3 INTs isn't too bad.

I'm not an optimist. Not today, anyway.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:34 pm

I'd agree with trsteve, until it was somewhat obvious the best plan of action for Phins D was to LET Weeden throw often. He simply didn't prove early on he could really hurt them. Even considering he had some legit passes dropped.

My hopes for Weeden diminished today more than they did at any point during the previous 16 games.

FUDU

Unread postby trsteve1 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:46 pm

is it too soon to start looking forward to the 2014 draft?
Le sigh
trsteve1

Favorite Player: Nolan Ryan
Least Favorite Player: Troy Aikman

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:50 pm

trsteve1 wrote:is it too soon to start looking forward to the 2014 draft?

Yeah, b/c there's no NFL franchise QB in it.

FUDU

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Triple-S wrote:

I don't want either.

Tanneyhill has a very small chance to be elite. That small chance is waay more of a chance than Weeden. That's all I'm sayin'.

Each of there respective chances to be mediocre ain't all that high either.

Whether you don't want either is beside the point - you got one of em'.
Last edited by leadpipe on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:52 pm

Never. All that's really needed is a QB, a RG, a LG, two CBs, 2 safeties and 2WRs. And then one of everything else.

Can't miss really.

Well...on second thought...
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Govbarney » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:52 pm

They are what ... $23 mil under the cap, even with the gaping holes in the secondary and O-line, this team is set up to do one thing TANK! Its a team that in theory could get 6 or 7 wins, but will most likely only get 2 or 3. Haslem and Banner saw the train robbery that Irsay pulled off and want to emulate it, I cant blame them, its better then emulating some defense or gimmik offense. So sit back and enjoy this blow job of a season, and dream of the day McCarron, Boyed, Fales or Bridgewater are playing behind center in September of 2014.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:02 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Never. All that's really needed is a QB, a RG, a LG, two CBs, 2 safeties and 2WRs. And then one of everything else.

Can't miss really.

Can't be too easy seeing as most teams don't have that.

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:05 pm

Govbarney wrote:They are what ... $23 mil under the cap, even with the gaping holes in the secondary and O-line, this team is set up to do one thing TANK! Its a team that in theory could get 6 or 7 wins, but will most likely only get 2 or 3. Haslem and Banner saw the train robbery that Irsay pulled off and want to emulate it, I cant blame them, its better then emulating some defense or gimmik offense. So sit back and enjoy this blow job of a season, and dream of the day McCarron, Boyed, Fales or Bridgewater are playing behind center in September of 2014.

Do you really think they throw the season away if Peyton Manning is healthy?

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:09 pm

FUDU wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Can't miss really.

Can't be too easy seeing as most teams don't have that.

They don't? See, even the Browns "have" all of that. I mean, they trot someone out to play all of those positions every Sunday.

So just replace the horseshit at each of those spots with any other asshole on the planet and it won't be noticeably worse than it was today.

Replace them with guys who aren't an embarrassment and maybe we won't feel so embarrassed watching them.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:12 pm

Why don't you run the team?

You're a sneaky, icky, little insurance guy, i'm sure that will help.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:17 pm

Sounds like you're saying we need more of a complete team than just a QB. I mean we have a LT, RT, RB, shutdown CB, and DL.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:22 pm

U 4GOT TE JORDAN CAMERON.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Govbarney » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:23 pm

FUDU wrote:
Govbarney wrote:They are what ... $23 mil under the cap, even with the gaping holes in the secondary and O-line, this team is set up to do one thing TANK! Its a team that in theory could get 6 or 7 wins, but will most likely only get 2 or 3. Haslem and Banner saw the train robbery that Irsay pulled off and want to emulate it, I cant blame them, its better then emulating some defense or gimmik offense. So sit back and enjoy this blow job of a season, and dream of the day McCarron, Boyed, Fales or Bridgewater are playing behind center in September of 2014.

Do you really think they throw the season away if Peyton Manning is healthy?

Of course not, but he wasn't healthy, and at the time it seemed like the writing was on the wall with Payton. I absolutely still think the Colts tanked that season behind the scene. Maybe they didn't go into the year with Tank on the mind, but at some point the decision was made very early on to take the foot off the gas.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby Pabo » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:32 pm

No. You're right on schedule.
Bottom 4th: Cleveland
- J. Kipnis grounded out to shortstop
- A. Cabrera doubled to deep left
- N. Swisher doubled to center, A. Cabrera scored
- J. Giambi doubled to deep right center, N. Swisher to third, N. Swisher out at home
- J. Giambi caught stealing, catcher to third

1 run, 3 hits, 0 errors
Pabo

Favorite Player: Jason Giambi
Least Favorite Player: Joe Haden

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:34 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:U 4GOT TE JORDAN CAMERON.

Jordan Cameron is the truth
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:35 pm

motherscratcher wrote:

I still say his name makes more sense as Cameron Jordan.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:37 pm

FUDU wrote:Sounds like you're saying we need more of a complete team than just a QB. I mean we have a LT, RT, RB, shutdown CB, and DL.

Weeden, Cousins, Owens and Little were pathetic.

Ward was bad.

Benjamin is fine if he's the 4th receiver on your depth chart and the first two aren't Purple Drank & Crock Pot Hands. Greco is depth at best. Behind Cameron is crap. Skrine is your #2 CB.

I mean, you need pretty much everything. And a RB with a burst would be ducky too. Trie Hard Trent ain't that guy either.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:43 pm

We'll see what Cameron's made of when he goes against the upcoming septuple coverage.

Pehaps the only thing that will divert Weeds gaze by week 3 will be Josh Cooper running around in some type of costume.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby comish » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:00 pm

:lmfao:

Ah if nothing else you guys are excellent for group therapy.

Once again the Browns have made my channel selections easy on Sunday.....one TV for the Red Zone, one for my financial concerns, and on the 3rd maybe ill just toss on the Cooking Channel or something.

God that was awful.

To the cat on page one yammering about needing multiple years to evaluate coaches........if you couldn't tell Shurmur was an idiot after game ONE, well.....I think you know what that makes you.
"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:14 pm

DO NOT have 2 first names.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:21 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:DO NOT have 2 first names.

Don't you?

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:22 pm

No.

And middle names don't count.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:30 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:No.

And middle names don't count.

Well I don't know your middle name anyway.

You're probably like Hitler that way, among other ways, in that you didn't have a middle name. Loser.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:32 pm

I have a middle name.

It rhymes with Vatthew.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:36 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a middle name.

It rhymes with Vatthew.

Samsonite, I was way off.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:38 pm

After the "Matty Toes" debacle, you understand my hesitation.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:41 pm

...and yet we get no credit for taking these simpleton's minds off the Browns game.

FUDU

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:04 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Why don't you run the team?

So is Joe Banner. And when it comes to sneaky, icky, little insurance guys, I vote for Peeks.

24X7X365
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby comish » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:20 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Why don't you run the team?

So is Joe Banner. And when it comes to sneaky, icky, little insurance guys, I vote for Peeks.

24X7X365

I second that as long as Lead Pipe comes in a package deal to head up the PR Department.
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:24 pm

You guys have obviously never met these two.

Just sayin.

:-)

FUDU

Unread postby comish » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:33 pm

/\ Oh No....I HAVE met them....that's why I feel they would be EXCELLENT for the positions.....or at least entertaining.
comish
Champion of Mediocrity

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Not me.

I wasn't even in Justmebd's dream. Didn't want to make the drive up.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:46 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Not me.

You weren't invited.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:20 am

motherscratcher wrote:

Thank christ that fucking guy brought his stick 'em, that game would have been waaaay worser if Cameron Jordan wasn't auditioning for Ringling Bros.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby justmebd » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:11 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Not me.

Yes, you were. So was FUDU, Peeks, Swerb, Hiko, Tripods, and a few others I'm forgetting now.
justmebd

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL