Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Indians Reinforcements

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Indians Reinforcements

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:33 pm

CC Lee, Carrasco, Pestano and Tomlin recalled.

How about the Little Cowboy getting back after posting the numbers during his rehab stint:

Tomlin, 28, spent the first four months of the 2013 season rehabbing from August 2012 right elbow reconstruction before making rehab appearances for the Rookie Arizona club, Class-A Lake County, AA Akron and most recently at AAA Columbus prior to his August 24 activation and option to Columbus. Combined this year at the Minor League level Josh is 2-0 with a 1.65 ERA in 10 games/8 starts (27.1IP, 17H, 5ER, 0BB, 21K) and at Triple A posted an ERA of 2.40 in 3 starts (15.0IP, 12H, 4ER, 0BB, 11K, .222AVG).

No idea how far or hard he can go but typically, TYPICALLY, guys struggle with command after TJ Surgery.

Yes, he was facing kids and has-beens/never-weres in the minors.

But zero walks over 27.1 post-surgery innings anywhere is something else.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Indians Reinforcements

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:52 pm

I'd like to see Tomlin get Masterson's starts in the rotation. I think he can be a viable #5 starter next season.

It wouldn't shock me to see the Indians abandon the Trevor Bauer experiment this offseason and sell him for quarters on the dollar.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby googleeph2 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Like Tomlin. Wonder what kind of pitch count HE'LL be on though? Maybe start him and Salazar on the same day, with one taking over after 50 pitches or whatever (kidding. kinda).

On Bauer, wow. STP, If some other team had traded for him, and he had this same season with them, and you thought he could be picked up for .50 or even close to 1.00 on the dollar, would you stay away? I'd be buying, if I am this Indians franchise.

On the other hand, if they had traded Droobs for him early last off season, that would have kind of turned into the .25 on the dollar...
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Look, with the state of the starting pitching at the beginning of the season, I was OK in closing my eyes and hoping the Bauer situation might work out.

But Christ, how many players drafted that high are pretty much given away SO SOON after he was drafted.

The guy is clearly a flake. Now, there's flakiness you tolerate, and there's flakiness that draws the ire of your teammates. He wasn't jettisoned from Arizona that soon from a talent or flakiness standpoint. He was jettisoned cause a whole lotta people thought the guys was a grade A jackass.

We're one year removed from Zach Frigging McCalister looking like he had BY FAR the livest arm in he starting rotation - so Bauer comes over with a little life and we're holding out hope.

But really, get the F out with the Zen Voodoo shit. Shut up and throw strikes and you'll have value. Walk guys and be an asshole and there's your 50 cents on the dollar.

Lotta guys out there with great arms that don't understand what the hell is going on. Right now, all he is is one of em'
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby googleeph2 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:25 pm

leadpipe wrote: Walk guys and be an asshole

Right there. Stopping one of those things would buy him a lot of time to get the other thing right.

Production/attitude is something Chris Perez knows something about.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:34 pm

leadpipe wrote:
The guy is clearly a flake. Now, there's flakiness you tolerate, and there's flakiness that draws the ire of your teammates. He wasn't jettisoned from Arizona that soon from a talent or flakiness standpoint. He was jettisoned cause a whole lotta people thought the guys was a grade A jackass.

Albert Belle was the biggest asshole on the planet when he was with the Tribe. Very few people liked him, but they tolerated him due to his talent and productivity. People will put up with an awful lot if you get it done on the field.

Bauer's problem is that he too smart for his own good. He is getting the way of his enormous talent, and until he stops doing that and ignoring his coaches, he'll tinker himself into being a 1st round flop. He is getting awfully close.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:52 pm

WiscTribeFan wrote:
leadpipe wrote:

Albert Belle was the biggest asshole on the planet when he was with the Tribe. Very few people liked him, but they tolerated him due to his talent and productivity. People will put up with an awful lot if you get it done on the field.

Bauer's problem is that he too smart for his own good. He is getting the way of his enormous talent, and until he stops doing that and ignoring his coaches, he'll tinker himself into being a 1st round flop. He is getting awfully close.

While I'd agree that Belle was as big an asshole as there ever was, the guy didn't have too many problems with his teammates. Hell, he got one cat to climb through some heating ducts for him.

Anyways, to your point that if Bauer was getting it done, it'd be tolerated. I agree. But thinking you are the smartest guy in the room gets makes you unlikeable to the players. And not listening to coaches makes you unlikeable to coaches. So the fact he's not playing well matters more, but being considered an asshole by about everyone in the room gives you fewer chances - and gets you moved.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB